PDA

View Full Version : A massive footballing whine.

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm starting to lose the will to live.
Well ok, not exactly that but I'm definitely getting more and more disillusioned with this entire football garbage with players and transfers.

It's went from being slightly silly in the last few decades to, what I can only describe as, totally and utterly pathetic in the absolute extreme of extremities in terms of the payments made to players and also transfer fees to clubs.

We are all (all clubs fans outside of the elite) being duped into believing we should spend multi millions in transfer fees on average players and also give into their wage demands whilst they are backed by equally money hungry agents who are literally earning superstar wages for arrogantly negotiating a sale.

A used car salesman, only with human beings.

We have all been desensitised to the dealings to the point of many of us, especially the younger fans, believing that 20 million is bordering on the touch and go for a decent player and a million pound is not only chicken feed in wages per year for a player but also not even worth mentioning in terms of buying anything with it, unless it's a second hand ford fiesta and a room worth of woodchip wall paper on special offer at the local DIY centre.

We are all arguing over certain players that do not fit in enough to give us a real fighting chance against clubs who are spending mammoth amounts of money and super large wage contracts to get their men.
I looked at all the buys of the players for the clubs outside of the elite money no object, flout the financial fair play clubs and realised that we...NEWCASTLE UNITED have as much (if not better) potential in quality to do a job than most of the rest and that's without using a begging bowl.

This has nothing to do with Ashley or Charnley or even Rafa. It's merely a basic look at what other clubs possess, that, on paper, look like a deal but in true reality on grass, are not what it sez on the tin.

We have players that, on paper, are cheap as chips ( in most cases) and not expected to perform to the same standard as those other teams outside of the elite CHEATS.
The reality is, we potentially have... pound for pound... A much better outfit for the price, than many, with the potential to add to it and also build our own superstars, whether we lose them at a later date, or not.

I sometimes sit down and think, " I wonder what it would be like if we could just do what PSG/Man Utd or Man City etc, do."
I picture a team full of players on mega wages who are bought in for mega money but perform on the pitch to make us a force to be reckoned with against like for like spending power, with nothing else needing to compare as long as those players are catered for in every way shape and form.
Basically pandered to in every way so as not to start sulking epidemics off.

When we battle it out for a champions league place and maybe a sniff at a potential title and don't make it...so what....we just add more expensive players to the team and discard those we believe are doing crap.
Up the ante. Offer more wages and transfer fees to sneak an extra place.
Imagine how mental that would be.
Expecting to win most matches and knowing that every big club we play are basically crapping themselves at the thought that we are capable of not only beating them but also giving them a good old whopping on the right day.

I have to admit that the thought of it would be exciting if I could take my head away from the sickening pampering and wages, plus transfer fees needed to keep it up and just wondering how long it will be before our wonderful super oil? tycoon/oligarch would become bored and shipping out but at least not leaving the club owing debt, yet me knowing that we can never achieve anything like it, plus everything becomes a massive come down.

All because of a dream to play with the big boys.

Now what sickens me about this thought and dream of betterment for this club is, this is the only real way that we can play the higher stakes.
We cannot cope with the southern buyers and the historical clubs like Liverpool and Man utd, Man city and what not.
Even Everton have gone gaga.

When Wolves are mulling over paying 18 million for a player, or Delia Smith's family club, Norwich willing to match fees and such, then you know that we are not dealing with any true reflection of what is termed, a football club.

We've lost it or are losing it all faster than we can all say boo to a Goose.

This isn't a topic for me to say, " well what do you all want?"
It's a topic for me to express my thinking mind into type to let people know that I'm losing the plot. I don't mean going gaga. I mean I'm literally losing track of what the actual plot is for football in this country, for the long term.

What do we end up with as a sport we all know/knew?
What will the actual game become in terms of rules or even players?
Where does the silliness of transfers stop?

There's something seriously not right about this entire game, now.
I knew there's not been a lot right about it but I mean, this is on another level of stupidity...or is it calculated genius by changing up the thought process of the future fans and turning them and the entire game into total pacified non contact viewers, viewing a sport that is equally devoid of any contact and about as close to grass roots football for the older fan as lead sinkers would be to float on.

Our footballing brains are being battered into submission.
The games been turned into a load of scientific like mumbo jumbo, where we've all been coaxed into analysing games based on formations that basically do not match a true reality of what we watch throughout a game but weirdly looks the part when watched on a X-BOX/playstation FIFA screen.

The older fans and the younger fans are getting to the stage where a divide is opening up, because the game is naturally (or supposed to be) evolving but it's not evolving in the right way, it's almost like it's being re-created into ridiculousness but brainwashed into the average fans mind as being the future.

I did say I was having a massive whine. It's in the topic title. >:(

Nephy
30-08-2017, 12:16 PM
I definitely feel like I don't care as much about football as I used to because of the ridiculous money involved. As I said on another thread, the only effective way to show your disapproval of the way the game's going as an individual is to not pay Sky a penny. Use that money instead to maybe go and pay to watch your local lower league side. However, the sad reality is millions of people will continue to pay through the nose for Sky whatever happens.

Zippity
30-08-2017, 12:16 PM
I said 'boo' to a Goose once, but then again it was playing the baddie in an all-animal production of Aladdin at the Tyne Theatre so that's not as harsh as it sounds.

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 12:23 PM
I definitely feel like I don't care as much about football as I used to because of the ridiculous money involved. As I said on another thread, the only effective way to show your disapproval of the way the game's going as an individual is to not pay Sky a penny. Use that money instead to maybe go and pay to watch your local lower league side. However, the sad reality is millions of people will continue to pay through the nose for Sky whatever happens.

That's the massive issue. It's a bug. It's a drug...and those at the top know this.
Those who deal with all this brainwashing through the TV screens are 10 steps ahead of the average bear, just like the games consoles and phones, etc.
They're decades ahead most likely and have most people eating out of their hands.

They keep offering the steak and chip but deliver the chips first, always, It leaves people drooling for the coming steak...kind of thing.

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 12:25 PM
I said 'boo' to a Goose once, but then again it was playing the baddie in an all-animal production of Aladdin at the Tyne Theatre so that's not as harsh as it sounds.

As long as you didn't scare it mind.
Just in case you're telling fibs, I'm gonna have a gander up that theatre. :D

Zippity
30-08-2017, 12:30 PM
As long as you didn't scare it mind.
Just in case you're telling fibs, I'm gonna have a gander up that theatre. :D

XD

Waddle you do if I'm fibbing?

My goose will be cooked.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 12:39 PM
XD

Waddle you do if I'm fibbing?

My goose will be cooked.

I don't know feather you're telling the truth or not, but if there's been fowl play you won't be able to duck the law. I see a future for you as a jailbird!

Zippity
30-08-2017, 12:40 PM
i don't know feather you're telling the truth or not, but if there's been fowl play you won't be able to duck the law. I see a future for you as a jailbird!

:D :D

Don't you be giving me the bird! :mad:

Nephy
30-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Don't you be giving me the bird! :mad:

No need to get raven mad about it! All I'm saying is, you'd better be swift and hire a legal eagle before the situation takes a tern for the worse!

Zippity
30-08-2017, 01:13 PM
No need to get raven mad about it! All I'm saying is, you'd better be swift and hire a legal eagle before the situation takes a tern for the worse!

:star:

Enough to make you Owl, those puns-they're quite hard to swallow although some of them might be a bit of o-strich. :O

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Clucking hell.

ashingtoon62
30-08-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm starting to lose the will to live.
Well ok, not exactly that but I'm definitely getting more and more disillusioned with this entire football garbage with players and transfers.

It's went from being slightly silly in the last few decades to, what I can only describe as, totally and utterly pathetic in the absolute extreme of extremities in terms of the payments made to players and also transfer fees to clubs.

We are all (all clubs fans outside of the elite) being duped into believing we should spend multi millions in transfer fees on average players and also give into their wage demands whilst they are backed by equally money hungry agents who are literally earning superstar wages for arrogantly negotiating a sale.

A used car salesman, only with human beings.

We have all been desensitised to the dealings to the point of many of us, especially the younger fans, believing that 20 million is bordering on the touch and go for a decent player and a million pound is not only chicken feed in wages per year for a player but also not even worth mentioning in terms of buying anything with it, unless it's a second hand ford fiesta and a room worth of woodchip wall paper on special offer at the local DIY centre.

We are all arguing over certain players that do not fit in enough to give us a real fighting chance against clubs who are spending mammoth amounts of money and super large wage contracts to get their men.
I looked at all the buys of the players for the clubs outside of the elite money no object, flout the financial fair play clubs and realised that we...NEWCASTLE UNITED have as much (if not better) potential in quality to do a job than most of the rest and that's without using a begging bowl.

This has nothing to do with Ashley or Charnley or even Rafa. It's merely a basic look at what other clubs possess, that, on paper, look like a deal but in true reality on grass, are not what it sez on the tin.

We have players that, on paper, are cheap as chips ( in most cases) and not expected to perform to the same standard as those other teams outside of the elite CHEATS.
The reality is, we potentially have... pound for pound... A much better outfit for the price, than many, with the potential to add to it and also build our own superstars, whether we lose them at a later date, or not.

I sometimes sit down and think, " I wonder what it would be like if we could just do what PSG/Man Utd or Man City etc, do."
I picture a team full of players on mega wages who are bought in for mega money but perform on the pitch to make us a force to be reckoned with against like for like spending power, with nothing else needing to compare as long as those players are catered for in every way shape and form.
Basically pandered to in every way so as not to start sulking epidemics off.

When we battle it out for a champions league place and maybe a sniff at a potential title and don't make it...so what....we just add more expensive players to the team and discard those we believe are doing crap.
Up the ante. Offer more wages and transfer fees to sneak an extra place.
Imagine how mental that would be.
Expecting to win most matches and knowing that every big club we play are basically crapping themselves at the thought that we are capable of not only beating them but also giving them a good old whopping on the right day.

I have to admit that the thought of it would be exciting if I could take my head away from the sickening pampering and wages, plus transfer fees needed to keep it up and just wondering how long it will be before our wonderful super oil? tycoon/oligarch would become bored and shipping out but at least not leaving the club owing debt, yet me knowing that we can never achieve anything like it, plus everything becomes a massive come down.

All because of a dream to play with the big boys.

Now what sickens me about this thought and dream of betterment for this club is, this is the only real way that we can play the higher stakes.
We cannot cope with the southern buyers and the historical clubs like Liverpool and Man utd, Man city and what not.
Even Everton have gone gaga.

When Wolves are mulling over paying 18 million for a player, or Delia Smith's family club, Norwich willing to match fees and such, then you know that we are not dealing with any true reflection of what is termed, a football club.

We've lost it or are losing it all faster than we can all say boo to a Goose.

This isn't a topic for me to say, " well what do you all want?"
It's a topic for me to express my thinking mind into type to let people know that I'm losing the plot. I don't mean going gaga. I mean I'm literally losing track of what the actual plot is for football in this country, for the long term.

What do we end up with as a sport we all know/knew?
What will the actual game become in terms of rules or even players?
Where does the silliness of transfers stop?

There's something seriously not right about this entire game, now.
I knew there's not been a lot right about it but I mean, this is on another level of stupidity...or is it calculated genius by changing up the thought process of the future fans and turning them and the entire game into total pacified non contact viewers, viewing a sport that is equally devoid of any contact and about as close to grass roots football for the older fan as lead sinkers would be to float on.

Our footballing brains are being battered into submission.
The games been turned into a load of scientific like mumbo jumbo, where we've all been coaxed into analysing games based on formations that basically do not match a true reality of what we watch throughout a game but weirdly looks the part when watched on a X-BOX/playstation FIFA screen.

The older fans and the younger fans are getting to the stage where a divide is opening up, because the game is naturally (or supposed to be) evolving but it's not evolving in the right way, it's almost like it's being re-created into ridiculousness but brainwashed into the average fans mind as being the future.

I did say I was having a massive whine. It's in the topic title. >:(

A wonderful post,echoed by me and Im willing to bet that millions of other supporters feel the same way..

Zippity
30-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Oi, Ash...where's ya bird pun??? :mad:

On a serious note, I think many of us feel the same-it's not the game we used to love so much.

Footballers are now just Robin bastads,

Doh!!! Soz. O:)

pboromag
30-08-2017, 01:34 PM
We complain as they get paid what they do

but are some doctors worth what they get

i was with a lad at the toon game on saturday and over the weekend who earns north of 30k a week

selling advertising and marketing startagies

i have said many times even in the old days when wages were near 40-50 percent of a clubs turnover that it was wrong
it is now but the clubs get more

suits are ruining our game and the plastics who want to come to games in suits and ask you to sit down and be quiet and the clubs fence those that want to sing and stand and encourage their team into corners.

Technologie will do our game in

wages are high but they have been for many many years relevant to what a working class man gets

even in the late 70-s early 80,s footballers wages were way higher than the working mans

jacapus
30-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Oi, Ash...where's ya bird pun??? :mad:

On a serious note, I think many of us feel the same-it's not the game we used to love so much.

Footballers are now just Robin bastads,

Doh!!! Soz. O:)

One of the biggest robin bastads was that Jamie Buzzard ......... absolutely no TALONt whatsoever.

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:17 PM
One of the biggest robin bastads was that Jamie Buzzard ......... absolutely no TALONt whatsoever.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2lbi4xv.jpg

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 02:26 PM

Some people raven. . .ed about him.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Really? I heard he was handy on the wing...

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:38 PM

Aye, but only when he was at the beak of his powers...

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Some of you geesers are giving me the right bird with your funny plucking puns.
Anyway I'm just gaggling on here so I'll crane it in a bit. :p

Nephy
30-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Aye, but only when he was at the beak of his powers...

You're right... after that, he frequently made a great tit of himself ;)

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:42 PM
You're right... after that, he frequently made a great tit of himself ;)

XD That's horrwrendous.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 02:48 PM
XD That's horrwrendous.

Je ne regrette rien!

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Je ne regrette rien!

My word, that's too good for me. I know when I've bittern off more than I can chew.

jacapus
30-08-2017, 03:00 PM

That ones hard to swallow !!!!

Nephy
30-08-2017, 03:01 PM
My word, that's too good for me. I know when I've bittern off more than I can chew.

This discussion has been very emusing, but perhaps we shouldn't post any moa, or the rest of the forum might tell us to flock off XD

jacapus
30-08-2017, 03:05 PM
This discussion has been very emusing, but perhaps we shouldn't post any moa, or the rest of the forum might tell us to flock off XD
Doh Doh !!!!!!

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 03:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Zippity
30-08-2017, 03:31 PM

Aye, reckon they've had un oeuf. (well, birds do come from eggs! :mad: )

Am gonna stop though...sorry about your thread, Ghost. O:)

Nephy
30-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Aye, reckon they've had un oeuf. (well, birds do come from eggs! :mad: )

Am gonna stop though...sorry about your thread, Ghost. O:)

Indeed, apologies... we'll quit larking about now (sorry, sorry!)

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 03:38 PM
No need to apologise. I've said what I wanted to and anyone can add what they like.
I'm always up for a bit of bantam....oops, I mean, banter. :D

ex_pat_magpie
30-08-2017, 06:45 PM
This thread's gone TITS up

toonlegend
30-08-2017, 09:57 PM
well all i can say is that that bird in the bush is worth 6 times the bird that **** in alfredos eye