PDA

View Full Version : Hanley

sherwoodmag
30-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Has signed for Norwich on 4 year deal.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 02:05 PM
A magpie becomes a canary! Oh, wait, the other thread was the one for bird puns :D

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:20 PM
A magpie becomes a canary! Oh, wait, the other thread was the one for bird puns :D

http://i66.tinypic.com/1z56vle.gif

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Good to see some more wages off for a player that wasn't going to cut it.

With the three of them gone thats got to be £100k a week of wages?

Will hopefully let us sign another player in position we need i.e. number 10.

ashingtoon62
30-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Good to see some more wages off for a player that wasn't going to cut it.

With the three of them gone thats got to be £100k a week of wages?

Will hopefully let us sign another player in position we need i.e. number 10.

Aye agreed but! in this crazy inflated market?why are our players going for auld money?...:?:?

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Another one off but, again, no recriminations. Maybe with a longer run of games he'd have been able to prove more of what he was capable of but he did lack mobility.

Good luck to him.

(he has, though, described Norwich as a massive club :O )

Zippity
30-08-2017, 02:36 PM
Aye agreed but! in this crazy inflated market?why are our players going for auld money?...:?:?

We sold Shay to Man City for £6 mil just before they started paying crazy money. :mad:

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 02:55 PM
It's good that we're shifting the players and although I'm glad Hanley has moved on, I wish him well and hope he has a decent season with Norwich...as long as I don't hear a bad word from him about the club. :D

Seriously though, he's a good CB but not good enough to take precedence over the 4 we have and arguably would have been found out at this level.
A more than decent championship defender, though.

I don't know if anyone's actually realised but his last 3 clubs all have birds in their nicknames. Weird as hell.

Us = MAGPIES.
Norwich = CANARIES.
Blackburn = shi-tehawks.

Well ok, I made that Blackburn one up but....well.....so what :mad: I have issues...ok :mad:

:D

Nephy
30-08-2017, 03:03 PM
I don't know if anyone's actually realised but his last 3 clubs all have birds in their nicknames. Weird as hell.

Us = MAGPIES.
Norwich = CANARIES.
Blackburn = shi-tehawks.

Well ok, I made that Blackburn one up but....well.....so what :mad: I have issues...ok :mad:

:D

Blackburn don't have a bird nickname, but they are owned by a bunch of chicken farmers!

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Blackburn don't have a bird nickname, but they are owned by a bunch of chicken farmers!

:D That's right, I forgot about that.
Bingo, job done. :D

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 06:25 PM
According to the Chronicle we got £3.5 million for him.