PDA

View Full Version : Transfer deadline day

Geordie_Jacko
30-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Should be a very interesting one for us Toon fans (should). With the likes of Riviere, De Jong, Hanley all being sold and with Lazaar and Colback looking to follow suit, it looks like we are finally able to bring a couple new additions to the squad. I'm hoping for 3 new faces in and would personally like a new LB a holding midfielder and a Striker. All outfield players for me please . Don't think we need a new GK and would like to see Krul back between the sticks at some point. (Don't no what's gone on there with him)
So how many faces would others like? A few or maybe just 1 marquee signing? Either way I'm actuall really excited for tomorrow. Just hope it doesn't go to **** like the majority of this window 🤞

Nephy
30-08-2017, 03:29 PM
I can't get excited about the final days of transfer windows any more, because time and again we've expected big things and in the end we've made last minute sales but not signings.

I'd like to see 3 in, and feel we need a new number 9 and 10, but realistically I expect 1 new permanent signing, then perhaps 1 or 2 loans.

Worst case scenario? I honestly would not be surprised if we sold Gayle at the 11th hour and didn't buy a replacement, then got someone like Remy in on loan to 'replace' him.

Zippity
30-08-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm quite optimistic, as it goes.

I'd like to see a LB who would go straight into the team. I'd love to see a striker but I suspect Zoggs is right and that Joselu is Gayle's replacement as the main man...although I do think we'll get someone else in if we do sell him. I'd like either another creative midfielder or a holding player allowing either Shelvey or merino to get forward.

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 03:39 PM
I can't get excited about the final days of transfer windows any more, because time and again we've expected big things and in the end we've made last minute sales but not signings.

I know exactly what you mean and yet at the same time, i'll be keeping a check on the sites etc. just on the chance.

We've been told we needed to offload players and we've done that, with more to go as said.

I'm hopefully of getting at least 2 in hopefully 3. I'd take 3 even if it meant one was a loan - which i think will be Kennedy or Remy personally.

If we can get a number 10 in and another striker (i think we will if Gayle goes) it'll have been an ok end to the window.

waalsendmick
30-08-2017, 03:43 PM
krul, Haidara and saivet need to be gone too... but hopefully the wages freed off will mean we can bring some reinforcements in.

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 03:43 PM
I have a feeling that we will get 2 or 3 in. I definitely think we'll get in a keeper and also see Darlow leave as a latter hours transfer out, along with the others mentioned.
I reckon we'll bring in a striker and a left back to finish it all off.
2,678 players out and 3 in.

Something like that. :D

Nephy
30-08-2017, 03:45 PM
I'd like either another creative midfielder or a holding player allowing either Shelvey or merino to get forward.

I'd be interested to see how Mbemba would fare for us as a holding mid - he's played there at international level, and was used as a DM by Anderlecht. We're doing OK for centre backs and I really hope we get a proper LB in so he doesn't have to keep filling in there in Dummett's absence!

Geordie_Jacko
30-08-2017, 03:49 PM

I'd like to see 3 in, and feel we need a new number 9 and 10, but realistically I expect 1 new permanent signing, then perhaps 1 or 2 loans.

Worst case scenario? I honestly would not be surprised if we sold Gayle at the 11th hour and didn't buy a replacement, then got someone like Remy in on loan to 'replace' him.

That post alone has made me less excited lol. I just hope with everyone at the club bleating on about needing to sell in order to buy surely we are going to buy a couple now. Hopefully one might even be a first choice Rafa target 😂 Who am I kidding .

MidsMagpie
30-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Perez and Townsend would do nicely but palace are dreaming if they think he is worth 27m

ashingtoon62
30-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Townsend isn worth £27 even, please no!!! One trick pony who's ship has sailed...

Geordie_Jacko
30-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Townsend isn worth £27 even, please no!!! One trick pony who's ship has sailed...

Agreed Townsend isn't someone I'd really want I don't think he's a bad player like. But don't think we need a winger and at them sort of prices not a chance.

trinitoon
30-08-2017, 06:19 PM
I'd be interested to see how Mbemba would fare for us as a holding mid

Good shout this. I like energy in Holding Mids because if they don't give it some, people just waltz onto the back line. Mbemba is not a reckless tackler either. I'd use him there because he wont start at CB.

trinitoon
30-08-2017, 06:22 PM
I can't get excited about the final days of transfer windows any more.

More words of wisdom. Have had a semi sitting hitting refresh on the BBC website far too many times to fall for this anymore.

Doesn't matter who we sign. It will be more a case of relief than excitement, especially if Rafa gets rid of Gayle - by far our most dangerous, effective, potent threat.

Davearmy
30-08-2017, 07:41 PM
I'm not convinced we will sign anybody tomorrow and IF we do it will be a panic buy that we don't need. Everyone we have been linked with has either said no and went somewhere else or wants to join us but the manager blocks it. Dennis Praet (If rumours are to be believed) snubbed Everton and said he wanted to come here to play for Rafa BUT his manager wont sell. Then we have Kenedy which looks to be a no starter now when it looked nailed on because Chamberlain rejected Chelsea in favour of Liverpool....

What i think well happen is we will sell Gayle tomorrow and try to spend the money and fail.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 07:53 PM
More words of wisdom. Have had a semi sitting hitting refresh on the BBC website far too many times to fall for this anymore.

Doesn't matter who we sign. It will be more a case of relief than excitement, especially if Rafa gets rid of Gayle - by far our most dangerous, effective, potent threat.

Totally agree. I will still probably obsessively refresh news sites until the window closes, just without any optimism - and with the expectation that one or more of our first team players could easily be sold off if the right bid comes in.

I'm a bit worried about Rafa being off at this conference in Switzerland at this crucial stage. It's an honour for him, but such bad timing. Every minute he spends on non-club business right now is another minute he doesn't spend badgering the club heirarachy to get the players he wants signed!

waalsendmick
30-08-2017, 08:12 PM
I will be severely pissed off if we don't make signings, but I most certainly will not be shocked!

I'm expecting a totally underwhelming day!

Zippity
30-08-2017, 08:27 PM
What i think well happen is we will sell Gayle tomorrow and try to spend the money and fail.

This will be shocking if it happens (again...Carroll)-if we sell our top scorer-regardless of any misgivings about whether he's fully up to the task-without replacing him (and I hope Zoggs isn't right and that we already have) then we are asking for trouble...and we'll get it.

jacapus
30-08-2017, 08:29 PM
I will be severely pissed off if we don't make signings, but I most certainly will not be shocked!

I'm expecting a totally underwhelming day!
If there are no signings then obviously the fat man is yet again prepared to gamble on the future of the club having no vision or ambition ofr success.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 09:03 PM
This will be shocking if it happens (again...Carroll).

Perhaps Shefki Kuqi can be persuaded out of retirement to complete the deja vu effect!

Zippity
30-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Perhaps Shefki Kuqi can be persuaded out of retirement to complete the deja vu effect!

http://i65.tinypic.com/fb9o48.gif

PhoneymcRingRing
31-08-2017, 05:41 AM
There's not much going to happen today, Gayle is the only sufficient move today. Going to ignore today's ridiculous hype and nonsense.

Geordie_Jacko
31-08-2017, 05:45 AM
Shefki Kuqi though 😂😂😂😂

Geordie_Jacko
31-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Seems to be mixed emotions for today and nothing else can be expected really. I was hoping that we would of maybe started off a couple of deals yesterday or at least made some bids , but I'm still pretty optimistic for today . Hopefully over the next few hours we will start hearing of a bid or 3. Come on Ash get that hand in your pocket. 🤞

Geordie_Jacko
31-08-2017, 05:51 AM
There's not much going to happen today, Gayle is the only sufficient move today. Going to ignore today's ridiculous hype and nonsense.
Seen as though Rafa has stated over and over again he wants more additions to the squad I wouldn't say it's ridiculous hype and nonsense. We've been told we must sell to buy we have finally sold so today we should finally buy.

Davearmy
31-08-2017, 05:52 AM
Shefki Kuqi though ��������

I remember when we used to sit on here and hope he scored so we could see his celebration.... He never scored hahaha

Geordie_Jacko
31-08-2017, 05:55 AM
I remember when we used to sit on here and hope he scored so we could see his celebration.... He never scored hahaha
Hahaha I think we all sat in hope of that celebration.

ghostrider
31-08-2017, 06:25 AM
Perez and Townsend would do nicely but palace are dreaming if they think he is worth 27m

I hope to all hopes in front of the hope goddess, who's surname is Hope, that we do not get either of those players.

liikape
31-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Well he's (kuqi) actually unemployed at the moment. He was manager (FC Inter) in Finland at start of the season. He fired all his coaches
without asking the board and eventually got sacked :). He's not boring...

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Did he hire new coaches XD

Geordie_Jacko
31-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Supposedly in for LB Matt Targett from Southampton and a move for Arsenals Lucas Perez could be back on with Fulham bidding for Gayle.

liikape
31-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Did he hire new coaches XD

No he didnt have any time to do that :)

toonviking
31-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a man Ashley would hire...

pboromag
31-08-2017, 11:30 AM
i see rafa was lining his own nest yesterday when we should have been chasing players

i would like to see gayle go as i do think we need a proven striker at this level

need a left back

i dont think if colback goes we have enough in the middle either

Kal
31-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Well he's (kuqi) actually unemployed at the moment. He was manager (FC Inter) in Finland at start of the season. He fired all his coaches

He's a tough kuqi.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 11:40 AM
so, Lucas Perez is reportedly allowed to join Everton on loan???

WTF!!

Nephy
31-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Hmm... so one possible end to the window might be Gayle is sold, Rafa quits and we bring in Kuqi as player-manager! :-D

Zippity
31-08-2017, 11:43 AM
i see rafa was lining his own nest yesterday when we should have been chasing players

That's a fairly cynical way to interpret Rafa attending an elite coaching forum.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 11:46 AM
im pretty sure he took his phone!

considering most top players are away with international squads, Rafa being away would make no difference.

it would make no difference anyway, as big Mike has cancelled the contract on charnley's phone, he gets his "brand new" reconditioned iPhone 3g tomorrow.

ex_pat_magpie
31-08-2017, 11:54 AM
That's a fairly cynical way to interpret Rafa attending an elite coaching forum.

As usual cheap jibes with nothing constructive. :mad:

Zippity
31-08-2017, 12:01 PM
He's a tough kuqi.

XDXD That takes the biscuit....

crumbs...etc. :D

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 12:07 PM
we've been told for weeks now, if players leave we can buy..... we will be very busy at the end if the window.... blah blah etc....

Targett on loan from Southampton will be our ONLY signing today.

IF, we can manage that one!

Geordie_Jacko
31-08-2017, 12:15 PM
we've been told for weeks now, if players leave we can buy..... we will be very busy at the end if the window.... blah blah etc....

Targett on loan from Southampton will be our ONLY signing today.

IF, we can manage that one!

Just sat on my dinner at work and said something similar to the lads. It's no good being linked to all these players but no placing bids for them. Hope this afternoon pans out a bit better.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Just sat on my dinner at work and said something similar to the lads. It's no good being linked to all these players but no placing bids for them. Hope this afternoon pans out a bit better.

give it up mate.... it's the 3rd choice LB from Southampton on loan, or nobody at all.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Krul off to Brighton too.....

all this bollix about needing to get players out 1st....

well now we are getting them out, but still not bringing any in.

MidsMagpie
31-08-2017, 12:40 PM
typical pathetic transfer window

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 12:48 PM
I see Everton are now linked with Perez and Batshuayi - any bets they pull off getting both of them XD :(

ashingtoon62
31-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Perez gone to Spain!! and Penfold arrived at the training ground 15 mins ago (buying or selling?)

Zippity
31-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Perez gone to Spain!! and Penfold arrived at the training ground 15 mins ago (buying or selling?)

Cleaning out his ****ing desk with any luck. :mad:

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Is Perez confirmed - I only saw Star saying he'd gone and took it with massive pinch of salt.

I hope that Penfold is there to buy for us but i reckon it's to sign off Krul leaving.

andyj73
31-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Is Perez confirmed - I only saw Star saying he'd gone and took it with massive pinch of salt.

I hope that Penfold is there to buy for us but i reckon it's to sign off Krul leaving.

.. You signed him ..

https://capturednufc.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/lionel-perez-newcastle.jpg

Zippity
31-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Not even gonna click that, man XD

andyj73
31-08-2017, 04:09 PM
.. Nearly as good as Jack Colback ..

Not even gonna click that, man XD

Nephy
31-08-2017, 10:55 PM

Can't believe that it was actually worse in the end than I predicted, and I was being wilfully pessimistic due to the way past deadline days under Ashley have gone :( At least we didn't sell Gayle with no replacement, but I reckon if Fulham had offered £18m we would've sold him too. This window looks less like building a squad than it does asset stripping!

ghostrider
01-09-2017, 08:58 AM
There's no other way to describe it. the transfer window was another damp squib...especially for us.
We hang on and wait for something and we get fed a snippet, then let down.

I'd rather Charnley and Rafa come out early and tell us all that the chances of us signing a player will be virtually nil so not to build up any hopes.
Obviously that would never happen because we are all geared to be kept in suspense.

Never mind though. We have what we have and we have to see what transpires till January before we go through it all again.
Hopefully in a good light whilst we're sitting in the top ten or something or really over-achieving. :D