AussieArab44
30-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Bonnie laddie, straight oot the Derry in the 80's
He'll fit right in 😂

noahrab
31-08-2017, 05:23 AM
Bonnie laddie, straight oot the Derry in the 80's
He'll fit right in 

Whats that you're saying skip, bogan boy only likes good looking boys?

Taintedice
31-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Looks like Edna is a bit of an iron as well as a bogan, judging players on looks :s

AussieArab44
31-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Looks like Edna is a bit of an iron as well as a bogan, judging players on looks :s
Haha no judging him as a player....it's that he has a strong resemblance to an 80's BNB which hasn't changed one bit from a 2017 BNB 😂
FTD til Admin3

Returnofrros
31-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Bit of a strange signing but McCann more hit than miss up till now.

noahrab
31-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Bit of a strange signing but McCann more hit than miss up till now.

Gives us cover at left back.

I remember the DABs made a 'marquee signing' who was a left back, Gregory Vignal.

How did that work oot?

Perhaps dame Rolf will know.

AussieArab44
31-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Mate your new signing needs kept in a marquee, probably at Billy Smarts circus
FTD til Admin3

Returnofrros
31-08-2017, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=noahrab;38639637]Gives us cover at left back.

Suppose but it's no as if Holt is injury prone.

Still as I say happy enuf.

billymorgan
31-08-2017, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=noahrab;38639637]Gives us cover at left back.

Suppose but it's no as if Holt is injury prone.

Still as I say happy enuf.

Could be that McCann is looking to push Holt further forward into left midfield or using him as a centre back ?

Michel_Pageaud
31-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Hes not here to facilitate Holt anywhere else in the team, he is hear to replace Holt.

Holt is a Championship defender, he gives 100%, but up against quick thinking strikers he struggles. We ship far more goals from the left side of defence than we do on the right, its always been a weak point since Holt joined us.

Returnofrros
31-08-2017, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Returnofrros;38639694]

Could be that McCann is looking to push Holt further forward into left midfield or using him as a centre back ?

Mibbe

Returnofrros
31-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Hes not here to facilitate Holt anywhere else in the team, he is hear to replace Holt.

Holt is a Championship defender, he gives 100%, but up against quick thinking strikers he struggles. We ship far more goals from the left side of defence than we do on the right, its always been a weak point since Holt joined us.

I like Holt always feel he gives his all and has made slow but steady improvement as a player.

Seldom injured and one of the few that can play in front of a sometimes hostile dens crowd without going into hiding.

Would reckon there's plenty to replace in the queue before him.

Michel_Pageaud
31-08-2017, 02:42 PM
I like Holt always feel he gives his all and has made slow but steady improvement as a player.

Seldom injured and one of the few that can play in front of a sometimes hostile dens crowd without going into hiding.

Would reckon there's plenty to replace in the queue before him.

In McCanns full strength starting 11 I would disagree.

But hey who knows, this new guy could end up being as ****e as Kevin Gomis, or as great as good old Marcello Marrocco. If he isnt good, its short term, and theres always Holt to fall back on. Theres no doubt Holt is a good squad player, but McCann wants to improve, and i believe thats what he is trying to do.

noahrab
31-08-2017, 04:15 PM
In McCanns full strength starting 11 I would disagree.

But hey who knows, this new guy could end up being as ****e as Kevin Gomis, or as great as good old Marcello Marrocco. If he isnt good, its short term, and theres always Holt to fall back on. Theres no doubt Holt is a good squad player, but McCann wants to improve, and i believe thats what he is trying to do.

Who would your choice be to replace Holt?

Michel_Pageaud
01-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Up until this signing, there was nobody in the squad to replace Holt.

I doubt McCann has gone abroad to sign a back up for Holt. Jon will surely replace Holt and assuming he is a good player, we have 3 months to convince him his future remains in Dundee.

noahrab
01-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Up until this signing, there was nobody in the squad to replace Holt.

I doubt McCann has gone abroad to sign a back up for Holt. Jon will surely replace Holt and assuming he is a good player, we have 3 months to convince him his future remains in Dundee.

Who in the SPFL would you sign to replace Holt?

Michel_Pageaud
01-09-2017, 11:09 AM
We couldnt sign anybody from any SPFL, we dont deal in transfers, just free agents and loans with the odd lower league player thrown in.

Id say of the teams who will finish in the top 6, youd struggle to say that Holt was better than any of them.