PDA

View Full Version : does anybody actually expect....

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 08:15 AM
.... any signings?

any we do get would be last minute bargain / panic signings.

most of the day will be spent trying to ship out Krul, Colback, Haidara, Saivet, Lazaar etc.

then there could be the added bonus of selling Gayle or Mitro to end another window in profit.

I've remained as positive as possible throughout all the unrest and rumours, but I'm feeling extremely underwhelmed at the moment.

I still fail to see how anybody can blame Rafa. he set out his plans and they have not been executed.

it could be a long long season.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 08:22 AM
I do expect us to get players in. At least 1 permanent and 1 loanee in, preferably 2 signed permanently but at this stage i'd settle for two.

I don't think Gayle/Mitro will go unless we have a replacement signed.

ranat22
31-08-2017, 08:24 AM
a squad player on loan,with 2 or 3 going out

the southurn plastic's wall paper at sports(socks to c0cneys) direct HQ will get a few more quid in the coffers!

ashleys skript wrighters are preparing a tearfull sky interview as we speak :D

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 08:37 AM
as I said, panic signings.

Southampton's reserve left back on loan? (latest to be linked)

I still think we are more bothered about who we can get OUT of the door

Dear me!

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 09:03 AM
sky now claiming Lucas Perez is the most likely player to join Newcastle today

toonviking
31-08-2017, 09:06 AM
If we dont sign players today, it will be a season in the bottom 3.

NorthernRock
31-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Lads, what you're forgetting now is we now have an ambitious manager in control who has full responsibility of who he wants to sign...

These last 2 summers have been our most productive yet with Rafa in charge and that's why I'm sure we'll get at least 1 good addition through the door today, ideally 2 or 3.

I think we'll sign a left back and a striker... Maybe 2 if Gayle is sold.

Chin up and have faith, yes they control the money but Rafa does have a budget with players in mind and I'm sure he's gonna help get the job done today and as long as Charnley has the capacity to hold a phone call conversation then we'll get players in and out the door.

Lazaar and Colback will defo go, still surprised Krul hasn't gone but tbh I think Rafa only wanted Reina rather than actually feeling he needed another keeper and the tabloids have gone with it and linked us to every keeper going, so unless Reina is joining us instead of PSG I don't think we'll sign another keeper.

I want to see Woodman given a chance tbh.

Either way there's gonna be positive activity today!

HTL

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Lads, what you're forgetting now is we now have an ambitious manager in control who has full responsibility of who he wants to sign...

These last 2 summers have been our most productive yet with Rafa in charge and that's why I'm sure we'll get at least 1 good addition through the door today, ideally 2 or 3.

I think we'll sign a left back and a striker... Maybe 2 if Gayle is sold.

Chin up and have faith, yes they control the money but Rafa does have a budget with players in mind and I'm sure he's gonna help get the job done today and as long as Charnley has the capacity to hold a phone call conversation then we'll get players in and out the door.

Lazaar and Colback will defo go, still surprised Krul hasn't gone but tbh I think Rafa only wanted Reina rather than actually feeling he needed another keeper and the tabloids have gone with it and linked us to every keeper going, so unless Reina is joining us instead of PSG I don't think we'll sign another keeper.

I want to see Woodman given a chance tbh.

Either way there's gonna be positive activity today!

HTL

I admire your optimism, but, I don't share it.

ex_pat_magpie
31-08-2017, 10:27 AM
I admire your optimism, but, I don't share it.

I think somewhere in between. A bit of activity, more out than in and a surprise we didn't (or most of us) expect coming in.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 10:46 AM
as I said, panic signings.

Southampton's reserve left back on loan? (latest to be linked)

I still think we are more bothered about who we can get OUT of the door

Dear me!

To be fair, every time i've seen Targett play he's been decent, wouldn't mind getting him in.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 10:52 AM
To be fair, every time i've seen Targett play he's been decent, wouldn't mind getting him in.

if he was the player we wanted, we've had 3 months.

ok, so the Dummett injury has changed things, but it looks as if we'd nailed our colours to the kenedy mast.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 10:59 AM
if he was the player we wanted, we've had 3 months.

ok, so the Dummett injury has changed things, but it looks as if we'd nailed our colours to the kenedy mast.

I'm not disagreeing that Kennedy was clearly first choice but as another option he's not one i'm disappointed with is what i'm saying.

Zippity
31-08-2017, 11:11 AM
A LB and a striker if we shift Gayle. Don't think Mitro is going anywhere. Would like to see Saivet leave too although maybe we'd be a bit short on midfield cover?

ghostrider
31-08-2017, 04:28 PM
I think deffo 3 players in. I just have that feeling.

Assuming Gayle goes that is.
I think a left back could be our Targett. :p
I reckon we will sign a goalkeeper and Darlow will be a last minute buy for someone like Norwich or the likes.
I also reckon we will sign a striker who will only come if he can have the number 9, so it'll all hinge on Gayle leaving.

Who are these players?
I don't know. I just have a weird tingly feeling in my extremely small tiddle and tiny walnut like ball sack, up to my tummy.
I'd have called it my guts if I'd have been better hung...but...well....I'm simply not, so there.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I wish I'd just followed my gut instinct at 9.15am when I posted this thread and not bothered with SKY SPORTS or Twitter all day.

so frustrated, so angry, so disappointed.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Aye.

My optimism looks like pure naivety again.

Every window, i think, this will be the one where we push on and get some players in to help us move on. Not just stand still and every window. . .

ghostrider
01-09-2017, 09:42 AM
I think deffo 3 players in. I just have that feeling.

Assuming Gayle goes that is.
I think a left back could be our Targett. :p
I reckon we will sign a goalkeeper and Darlow will be a last minute buy for someone like Norwich or the likes.
I also reckon we will sign a striker who will only come if he can have the number 9, so it'll all hinge on Gayle leaving.

Who are these players?
I don't know. I just have a weird tingly feeling in my extremely small tiddle and tiny walnut like ball sack, up to my tummy.
I'd have called it my guts if I'd have been better hung...but...well....I'm simply not, so there.

It's a good job they were just my feelings and I didn't have any betting money. :D
It would have been a massively safer bet just to predict eff all. :D