PDA

View Full Version : Rumour of 2 signings today

ClashCityRocker
31-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Scottish press have posted rumours that United might be signing both Joe Piggott ( striker with Maidstone United ) and Mark Waddington ( attacking midfield player ) today.

Unfamilar with both players, but thats the rumour.

dundeeunitedfc83
31-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Wrong joe piggot according to boy at sky, it's a youngster from Rochdale

RAM1971
31-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Are these not the guys who couldn't displace Nicholls at Barnet?

ianharab
31-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Better wee Lester Piggot

TerryTheTerror
31-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Joe Piggott signed on a two year contract.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5331/UNITED-SIGN-JOE-PIGGOTT.html

dundeeunitedfc83
31-08-2017, 07:52 PM
****ing disgraceful

Charlie arab
31-08-2017, 08:11 PM
****ing disgraceful
Is he ****e?

dundeeunitedfc83
31-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Signing young lad for the development team, we need people now! Still no target man

Chick A Saw
31-08-2017, 08:27 PM
****ing disgraceful

Why? In this case, i would be willing to give the lad a chance as if he is anything like Archie Thomas, i wont be too disappointed.

shedboy71
31-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Why? In this case, i would be willing to give the lad a chance as if he is anything like Archie Thomas, i wont be too disappointed.

oh yes because we need a strong physical striker - in future.

Here is me thinking we might need one now

shed-buoy
31-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Joe Piggott signed on a two year contract.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5331/UNITED-SIGN-JOE-PIGGOTT.html

Hope he's an old fashioned no. 9, big and hungry, keen to learn his trade and bang them in

SmedDUm
31-08-2017, 09:04 PM
He played at Forfar on Tuesday.

arab_pat
31-08-2017, 09:15 PM
****ing disgraceful
Simmer down. He'll play his part this season

darrenshedtastic
31-08-2017, 09:27 PM
****ing disgraceful

overreaction lol

dundeeunitedfc83
31-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Over reaction, glad you think that! All hail McKinnon

SmedDUm
31-08-2017, 09:43 PM
He played at Forfar on Tuesday.

No he didn't, he played at Forfar the week before v M'well U/20s.
Get your facts right!

P.S. Hitting the crossbar from an acrobatic effort was the closest he came to scoring.

offshore_arab83
31-08-2017, 09:44 PM
no news on a big able striker yet?

wee'est team in Scotland, FACT

shedboy71
31-08-2017, 09:58 PM
no news on a big able striker yet?

wee'est team in Scotland, FACT

aye we signed a striker - for the future - I am over excited and dripping with fanny juice and anticipation. we have played exceptionally well this season and despite a blip will be back to the high levels of Brechin at home soon. And we have a striker that will be ready in a couple of years too. You know we just need a break. 4-2-3-1 ya bass

Quote from Raymondo the blind and his latest arabzone interview that

offshore_arab83
31-08-2017, 10:01 PM
im totally scunnered with the whole way our club is to be honest, as a wise poster on here once said 'its all about the beers'

dundeeunitedfc83
31-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Overreacting though, come on!!

arab81
31-08-2017, 10:06 PM
No overreacting. Yet another crap deadline day for us. Well played ray.

eldorado49550
31-08-2017, 10:14 PM
i mind when we signed a 19 year old striker who nah **** knew of!
Andy he was called he had golden hair
give the new lad a chance FFS!!

darrenshedtastic
31-08-2017, 10:22 PM
just think alot of people have always got to moan about something.

ideally we could have done with another target man or winger but budget might have dictated otherwise. we are in a much better place squad wise this season than last year where we left ourselves desperately short in a few areas.

people are going to moan about anything. picture the scene......

tomorrow afternoon =dundee united announced loan signing of (name) from english lower league side (name). the 6.3 striker signs on a loan deal until the end of the season.

most people on here would instantly go on wiki ....... oh hes only scored 5 goals in his career hes 26 years old (for example)
oh hes not played since may. Oh another dumpling who will take 3months to get up to speed.

makes his debut. ohh he never scored at hat trick hes rubbish another dud.

never can win!! give the new boy the chance.

Whitfieldarab
31-08-2017, 10:29 PM

ideally we could have done with another target man or winger but budget might have dictated otherwise. we are in a much better place squad wise this season than last year where we left ourselves desperately short in a few areas.

tomorrow afternoon =dundee united announced loan signing of (name) from english lower league side (name). the 6.3 striker signs on a loan deal until the end of the season.

most people on here would instantly go on wiki ....... oh hes only scored 5 goals in his career hes 26 years old (for example)
oh hes not played since may. Oh another dumpling who will take 3months to get up to speed.

Could be worse..... We could be Arsenal :O:D

eldorado49550
31-08-2017, 10:56 PM

Could be worse..... We could be Arsenal :O:D Oi that's enough of that schite!!!

shedboy71
31-08-2017, 11:07 PM
im totally scunnered with the whole way our club is to be honest, as a wise poster on here once said 'its all about the beers'

i have decided to just be a happy clapper.

so here goes - i think ST and Ray are phucking brilliant.

Repeat and start again.

shedboy71
31-08-2017, 11:14 PM

FFS the official website states he is one for the future! mind you by rays judgement is p!sh and he may well be what we need now - but he wont play him. who knows and who trusts the folk in charge at utd to actually have a clue?

I dont. Just my opinion and that goes back a couple/few years. I am sure i was the only one highlighting issues of course - silly me.

So lets bake our season on this new 19 yr old striker for the future and rays tactical nuance and gravitas with the players. Sorted.

Mr_Brightside
31-08-2017, 11:59 PM
People surprised by our lack of first team signings, where would we be getting the money to sign anyone else? Can't believe people are raging we've signed an ex Everton youth player for our developments, he won't be on a lot and could develop into a quality player and may even play a part in this promotion campaign. We've brought good players in this window, I'm giving ray the next 3 games to get the best out of them.

arab_pat
01-09-2017, 06:50 AM
By "one for the future" he means one who will be a fixture in an SPL level side. Give the boy a chance in the Championship!

Sutherland Arab
01-09-2017, 10:03 AM
People jumping the gun here. Raging about a 19 year old nobody knows anything about. Who could we realistically sign that will definitely do a job and want to come here? Hard to accept but we are below the likes of Killie, Partick Thistle <cough> Dees in terms of being able to attract the right players at the moment.
The boy shouldn't be written off before he's even played for us, as unlikely as it is he could be a gem. But even if he's not we have a squad of players more than capable of winning this league. It's more the tactical side that should be questioned.

SmedDUm
01-09-2017, 11:00 AM
People jumping the gun here. Raging about a 19 year old nobody knows anything about. Who could we realistically sign that will definitely do a job and want to come here? Hard to accept but we are below the likes of Killie, Partick Thistle <cough> Dees in terms of being able to attract the right players at the moment.
The boy shouldn't be written off before he's even played for us, as unlikely as it is he could be a gem. But even if he's not we have a squad of players more than capable of winning this league. It's more the tactical side that should be questioned.

Hear Hear SA.
Says a lot for the boy he's happy to upsticks from NW England & relocate at City Quay.
He's been up a couple of weeks so he's had a chance to like it & obviously does.

RAM1971
01-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Look how wrong we were about 19 year old Robbie Muirhead!

Charlie arab
01-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Look how wrong we were about 19 year old Robbie Muirhead!

And 19 years old Andy Robertson

Sandeman
01-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Okay so I'll be the first to say.....

Welcome aboard Joe, arabest

arab_plumber
01-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Really disappointed we've not added a big first team striker, this will definitely cost us this season

Charlie arab
01-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Agree we should have got a big man in but I think when McDonald became available McKinnon threw his budget at him , time will tell if it's the right decision but before the season started most fans would be happy with the squad we have. Looks better than last year but performances have not been good enough so far, as I said time will tell.

weegiearab
01-09-2017, 01:44 PM
On paper we look alright but we have already seen that we appear to be weak. It's fine playing the passing game but when you ain't strong enough, then you get bullied off the ball and lose possesion. Last season, we had no creativity and the players all seemed to hide and expect someone else to be the hero. We don't create enough chances and that is gonna be our downfall. Mcdonald works better with a big player next to him and defences will just mark him out the game. For me, the spine of that team should be made up with big solid players. CB, CM and CF should be ball winning , no nonsense footballers who can organise their defence, midfield and forwards.....ain't pretty but its what works in this league. Give Quinn the captains armband and lets start getting stuck into teams...we are letting teams bully us because we think that we can pass our way outta trouble but we ain't good enough for that. We need to nullify the oppositions strength before we try and play ball. We have the best squad in the league but we have one of the weakest mindsets. The team needs to develop a mean streak.

weedude83
01-09-2017, 01:55 PM
I'm massively underwhelmed.
Its clear we need another striker. Someone to give us a different dimension.
It's going to be Mark Durnan thrown uptop when we need height & power again and that's ****ing criminal for me.
We're very easy to play against at the moment. Nobody to bully defenders.

Charlie arab
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
What youd gie for another John Daly aye, him and McDonald up front would run riot.