PDA

View Full Version : Notts County have agreed a deal for #QPR winger Michael Petrasso

larryledpants
31-08-2017, 04:58 PM
According to Transfer Centre 9‏ @TransferCentre9 46m46 minutes ago
More
Didn't he come on lone before.

Notts78
31-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Yep and got seriously injured either during or just after it. He was a bit of a bright spark in what was an ordinary side... will hopefully be fit and raring to run at defenders like he used too.

LaxtonLad
31-08-2017, 05:14 PM
More

What we really, really want is a striker about 9 feet tall who can jump 6 feet to intercept the 30 or 40 "passes" forward.

andy6025
31-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Trial by wiki tells us he's Canadian, hasn't made many appearances and not many goals...

Anyone seen him play?

SwalePie
31-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Trial by wiki tells us he's Canadian, hasn't made many appearances and not many goals...

Anyone seen him play?

Yes he looked useful (and quick) last time around until injured (if my memory serves me right)

Here's one he tucked away neatly anyhow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lopwY45nAE

He's on international duty for Canada on September 2nd though so wouldn't be of much use against Vale!

Iwantmypieback
31-08-2017, 05:37 PM

Anyone seen him play?

Yeah, he was here when we were flying high in league one then he went back as well as all the other loans and then we all know what happened next

SwalePie
31-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Yeah, he was here when we were flying high in league one then he went back as well as all the other loans and then we all know what happened next

The account that's put this rumour out is also saying...

"AFC Wimbledon set to announce the signing of Jodi Jones from Coventry City" If this is true then either CCFC must be bonkers or it's a big cash offer!

irish_pie
31-08-2017, 06:26 PM
More

I remember him alright and from what I remember he was very decent indeed, but i remember he got badly injured and was out so lets hope he is raring to go and hits the ground running for us... if its true... welcome back sir :)

JoePass
31-08-2017, 06:38 PM
More

Welcome to the Lone Ranger....hi ho Silver.

countygump
31-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I remember him alright and from what I remember he was very decent indeed, but i remember he got badly injured and was out so lets hope he is raring to go and hits the ground running for us... if its true... welcome back sir :)

https://nottstv.com/live-august-2017-transfer-deadline-day-for-nottingham-forest-notts-county-and-mansfield-town/

countygump
31-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Team Talk regular and Notts County superfan Adrian Rawden has Tweeted he is expecting a ‘kid’ to sign from a Championship side using the hashtag #Brum…

Expecting championship kid to sign..#Brum

— Adrian Rawden (@NottsAde) August 31, 2017

irish_pie
31-08-2017, 06:54 PM
https://nottstv.com/live-august-2017-transfer-deadline-day-for-nottingham-forest-notts-county-and-mansfield-town/

No sign of anything on there gumpy... is it just a wind up?

DomdomPie
31-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Leigh Curtis' red hot live transfer chat is basically him just repeating that nothing is going to happen to every question. Exciting stuff!

durhampie
31-08-2017, 07:57 PM
I remember him he was a good little player untill he came to us. We played him out on the wing, and all the balls to him had ice on them when they came down. He then got dropped because it looked as though he wasnt having a good game.....

the_anticlough
31-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I remember him he was a good little player untill he came to us. We played him out on the wing, and all the balls to him had ice on them when they came down. He then got dropped because it looked as though he wasnt having a good game.....

That's about right.
He didn't get enough of a chance last time around. Welcome back to him.

Steward
31-08-2017, 08:10 PM
There's nothing about this anywhere else not even on QPR official site's transfer news

SmiffyPie
31-08-2017, 08:11 PM
I remember him he was a good little player untill he came to us. We played him out on the wing, and all the balls to him had ice on them when they came down. He then got dropped because it looked as though he wasnt having a good game.....Agree completely.

pravda_plc
31-08-2017, 08:18 PM

He had a fabulous game at Barnsley where Notts came from 2-0 down to win 3-2, with him scoring twice. He had something we're lacking: PACE - and he could play a bit as well !!

P.S. I think this rumour is a just a load of guff honestly but I will be very happy to be proved wrong...

lunaspie
31-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the Lone Ranger....hi ho Silver.

We've also snapped up the promising defender Kim O'Sabey from division rivals Cochiseter United.

He's made 15 appearances for their Ute team.

tarquinbeech
01-09-2017, 12:23 AM
What we really, really want is a striker about 9 feet tall who can jump 6 feet to intercept the 30 or 40 "passes" forward.

Did you mean the 30 or 40 "up-n-unders"?

POSTYPIE
01-09-2017, 08:10 AM
One of my favourite players of recent years...pace/skill/and an eye for goal.
I was there when from 2-0 against Barnsley this young lad scored two great goals that helped Notts to an unlikely win.
Been monitoring his career at QPR and for whatever reason he can't get in the first team, but plays for Canada on a regular basis!
Love the player and he reminds me of Aidey Thorpe who used to play for us.
Hope this rumour is true as I think he would do well at Notts if played on a regular basis.

DelroyFacey22
01-09-2017, 08:30 AM
It's absolutely made up Posty

irishpete
01-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Been training with the club all week.Maybe QPR are giving him a "Free" for him to move on.If so,can still be signed.

ReadWarbler
01-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Been training with the club all week.Maybe QPR are giving him a "Free" for him to move on.If so,can still be signed.

If he is playing for Canada tomorrow shouldn't he have been training with them all week and not us ?

LaxtonLad
01-09-2017, 06:33 PM

This transfer window now closed rule has puzzled me for a while, irishpete. Does it mean if any player is released from his club after the window shuts he cannot sign for another and is therefore unemployed?

seriouspie
01-09-2017, 07:12 PM
what we really, really want is a striker about 9 feet tall who can jump 6 feet to intercept the 30 or 40 "passes" forward.

About right!

irishpete
01-09-2017, 07:52 PM
This transfer window now closed rule has puzzled me for a while, irishpete. Does it mean if any player is released from his club after the window shuts he cannot sign for another and is therefore unemployed?

Not 100% sure. As you know the media will say XYZ can sign as he is a free agent, but whether that you have to be "Free"before the window closes I'm not sure.Someone will clarify.

Old_pie
01-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Not 100% sure. As you know the media will say XYZ can sign as he is a free agent, but whether that you have to be "Free"before the window closes I'm not sure.Someone will clarify.

I thought it was standard for contracts to run to the beginning of a window and clubs had to let the player know within a short period of that whether the contract would be renewed or not so the above situation doesn't arise. Players become free agents if contracts are not renewed well before the window closes.

Freeman25
01-09-2017, 09:00 PM
There's a separate window for free transfers (as in signing a "free agent"), a club can choose to release a player at any time if the player agrees to it, which, if a deal was lined up for him to go elsewhere it would obviously benefit him.

chedozie
01-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Don't post much, but was quite excited about this potential signing, enjoyed his appearances first time round but there's has not been a Notts county team in such a false position since our last trip to Wembley in 1996.....

LaxtonLad
01-09-2017, 09:44 PM
I thought it was standard for contracts to run to the beginning of a window and clubs had to let the player know within a short period of that whether the contract would be renewed or not so the above situation doesn't arise. Players become free agents if contracts are not renewed well before the window closes.
Ok, so he's a free agent, does that mean he can sign for another club after the transfer window has shut? I suppose if he hasn't got a club it's not a transfer but an individual's change of employer.

marshall55
02-09-2017, 07:34 AM

Where has this come from Pete.