PDA

View Full Version : Southampton interested in Jamie Robson.

TerryTheTerror
31-08-2017, 05:26 PM
But told we're not interested in meeting him go.

JamesMcClean
31-08-2017, 08:03 PM

Where I have I heard that one before.......? :s:(

Chick A Saw
31-08-2017, 08:40 PM
I thought this was Jamies season to prove he could make the grade! I hope we get a good price and not what seems to be the norm of accept a fire sale price!

GingerPetric
31-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Strange the way our players are always sought after compared to other clubs.
Robson is decent at Scottish Championship level, no more no less.

bobafett
31-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Strange the way our players are always sought after compared to other clubs.
Robson is decent at Scottish Championship level, no more no less.

Aye but he's only 19. Plenty of potential in the laddie. I also think our name still carries weight in youth development circles. More than most clubs in Scotland.

TerryTheTerror
31-08-2017, 10:50 PM
I also think he's improved greatly over the last year. The lad is definitely making progress.

SmedDUm
01-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Should be good for his confidence anyway.
Somebody likes him.
I do too btw, he's improving steadily as should become any young player.
Some young players are condemned before they're even fully physically developed.

Chick A Saw
01-09-2017, 12:43 PM
I also think he's improved greatly over the last year. The lad is definitely making progress.

Even just either side of the closed season. He needs to be a bit more consistent as he couldnt keep Dixon out of the team last season. Think he will have a similar issue, but i hope its because he is being better managed when Scobbie comes back.

Mecca83
02-09-2017, 11:43 PM

Very good player already with great potential. Get the feeling from here he is no that highly rated so won't hear much grumbling if he goes in January. Scobbie injury holding off dream move for a young lad.

shed_boy_21
04-09-2017, 08:58 AM

He's away. Fee agreed and he'll officially join them in January. Straight from the horses mouth!

He wasn't very complimentary about the coaching at Tannadice or the management team. Good times! :(

stokearab
04-09-2017, 12:51 PM
He's away. Fee agreed and he'll officially join them in January. Straight from the horses mouth!

He wasn't very complimentary about the coaching at Tannadice or the management team. Good times! :(

Holy fluk. Here we f ucking go again.
Presumably it's because we're skint but then everyone knows who's to blame for being skint. Disgrace.

Daly9
04-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Love stuff like this.

So Robson had confidence in you to tell you this directly and you decided to put it on United mad and risk his relationship with the management team?

Nice one.

shed_boy_21
04-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Love stuff like this.

So Robson had confidence in you to tell you this directly and you decided to put it on United mad and risk his relationship with the management team?

Nice one.

Are you calling me a liar?

He didn't "have the confidence to tell me directly" as before yesterday i'd never met the kid! He was asked by someone in the group I was with what the crack was with the Southampton bid on deadline day and he told us that he was offski in January. When asked if he'd not rather stay and play first team football his response was simply "no". He was then asked why and his response was that the coaching would be much better at Southampton. This obviously prompted further questions about the coaching staff and training here to which he answered both were "pretty poor".

I couldn't give a flying phuck if you don't believe me tbh!

dundeeunitedfc83
04-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Glad he's away anyway boys bang average, also poor he's going about telling people that the coaching isn't good

Daly9
04-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Are you calling me a liar?

He didn't "have the confidence to tell me directly" as before yesterday i'd never met the kid! He was asked by someone in the group I was with what the crack was with the Southampton bid on deadline day and he told us that he was offski in January. When asked if he'd not rather stay and play first team football his response was simply "no". He was then asked why and his response was that the coaching would be much better at Southampton. This obviously prompted further questions about the coaching staff and training here to which he answered both were "pretty poor".

I couldn't give a flying phuck if you don't believe me tbh!

On the contrary. I believe you but (wrongly) assumed you owed him confidence as it's rare for a player to tell a complete stranger that sort of information. Guess it serves Robson right for being so loose lipped.

Players complaining about training is a pet hate of mine. As in any sport, you get out what you put in and there is no substitute for playing competitive games. See Stuart Armstrong vs Scott Allan.

Interesting that Harry Lewis appears to be loving life up here having left that so called "better training" behind.

Charlie arab
04-09-2017, 01:55 PM
He's got potential but is nae Andy Robertson, doubt he's got what it takes to make it in the EPL but you canna blame the lad for wanting to give it a shot. Probably be back up the road in a couple of years with Partick or Killie etc. When's Scobbie due back?

TerryTheTerror
04-09-2017, 03:29 PM
...also poor he's going about telling people that the coaching isn't good

At his age he should know what the word professional means. Jamie, this is not it (if you really said what's been attributed to you).

SmedDUm
04-09-2017, 05:00 PM
He's got potential but is nae Andy Robertson, doubt he's got what it takes to make it in the EPL but you canna blame the lad for wanting to give it a shot. Probably be back up the road in a couple of years with Partick or Killie etc. When's Scobbie due back?

Make it in the EPL? Most of you guys don't think he'll make it in the Scottish Championship.
Not me, I think he's coming on bonny (Jamie if you're reading this).

:)

Chick A Saw
04-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Recurring theme with the coaching being mentioned yet again when someone leaves/ready to go.

You can blame as many managers as you want, but usually the core coaching staff stays the same. Is also gutting that at the first signs of the dollar, it bye bye to player after player who is worth something!