PDA

View Full Version : What did we expect...

Nufc24Mag
31-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Looks like we have shifted players on and won't bring in any signings but what did we expect? We have mike Ashley as owner!!!

MidsMagpie
31-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Usual rubbish window for us

Nufc24Mag
31-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Usual rubbish window for us

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa resigns in the morning

jacapus
31-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Looks like we have shifted players on and won't bring in any signings but what did we expect? We have mike Ashley as owner!!!
In Ashley's words.... Charnley reports to Rafa who has sole responsibility for players/signings.I for one don't knoww who is to blame for this usual debacle but I can guess!

Zippity
31-08-2017, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa resigns in the morning

I don't think he will. He's clearly-and rightly-pissed off at our lack of 'correct' business but today is a legacy of that rather than a 'final straw' type situation. If he was going to go I think it would have been before today; the next window is another matter....

toonlegend
31-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Keith Downie
Understand Newcastle are finished for business in this window, despite De Jong, Rivière, Krul, Lazaar & Hanley all leaving in the last week.

it would appear that that is that !

have an early night lads

kingstonbob
31-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Its the same old. Ashley gambling on us having enough points on 1 Jan so he doesn't have to spend anything. Even if we are in the bottom three it'll be the battle cry that ends with a whimper again and protestations that the players we wanted were too expensive. The man is a complete and utter fat fkn cnut and his mate the fat fkn weeble is even worse in my eyes. Reporter in the chronicle says we've a £11 million net spend. That is fkn atrocious. There are numerous championship clubs who have spent way more than that. How can Fulham afford £15 million never mind 18 and we cant spend that? Pathetic again.
The rollercoaster starts again with NUFC seat belt buckle faulty. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

trinitoon
31-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Lots deals are collapsing.

Sanchez
Van Dyke
etc..

ashingtoon62
31-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Its the same old. Ashley gambling on us having enough points on 1 Jan so he doesn't have to spend anything. Even if we are in the bottom three it'll be the battle cry that ends with a whimper again and protestations that the players we wanted were too expensive. The man is a complete and utter fat fkn cnut and his mate the fat fkn weeble is even worse in my eyes. Reporter in the chronicle says we've a £11 million net spend. That is fkn atrocious. There are numerous championship clubs who have spent way more than that. How can Fulham afford £15 million never mind 18 and we cant spend that? Pathetic again.
The rollercoaster starts again with NUFC seat belt buckle faulty. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Its £5 fkn million the Chronic conveniently forgot to put the £6 million we got for Gibson,off Everton in to their sums..Wa nkers as weel,there will be ar5e licking articles from Ryder amd his mates in the morning.Whereas they should be reaming the fat kernt...:mad:

pboromag
31-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Well if rafa was serious about getting players in he wouldnt have been on a jolly yesterday

he would have been with charnley persuading players to come here

he confuses everyone does rafa
tells plsyers they can go and then plays them

tells players they have no future and puts them on the bench
tells goalies they must stay and force their way into the first team whilst publicly looking for a goalie

trys and sells gayle and then expects him to get the goals we need to stay up

i didnt expect anyone in when i saw he was of on a jo;;y

commited to us
i dont think so

kingstonbob
31-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Pboro. This is the same M O that has followed Ashley's on many a transfer window. He said that players needed to be shown the door and the wage bill reduced. That's what has happened and hey ho he has gone back on his word. He has continually tied Rafas hands by putting out that he was looking at selling up/then part of the club for investment to waste a month or so - then nothing (what a surprise), didnt instruct his monkey Charnley to do everything to get Hanley et al out first if the wages etc was his gripe. Rafa clearly said from the start who he wanted Mangala, Reina, Perez, Fernandino but they didn't get any of them so we've ended up getting 3/4th level targets. We now have no natural left back cover for Dummett who is injured! Dress it up how you want but Ashley and Charnley have seriously had us over again with a pitiful £11 million net spend. Do you not think that is pathetic, embarrassing and typical of the fkn weasels?

toonlegend
31-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Pboro. This is the same M O that has followed Ashley's on many a transfer window. He said that players needed to be shown the door and the wage bill reduced. That's what has happened and hey ho he has gone back on his word. He has continually tied Rafas hands by putting out that he was looking at selling up/then part of the club for investment to waste a month or so - then nothing (what a surprise), didnt instruct his monkey Charnley to do everything to get Hanley et al out first if the wages etc was his gripe. Rafa clearly said from the start who he wanted Mangala, Reina, Perez, Fernandino but they didn't get any of them so we've ended up getting 3/4th level targets. We now have no natural left back cover for Dummett who is injured! Dress it up how you want but Ashley and Charnley have seriously had us over again with a pitiful £11 million net spend. Do you not think that is pathetic, embarrassing and typical of the fkn weasels?

he wasn't on a ****ing jolly so stop being an arsehole.

charnley does the negotiating signing of the papers so everything boils down to charnley failing again.... now whether that was because of ashleys effin lawyer sticking his oar in and making it impossible for charnley to do rafas bidding remains to be seen yet,

Zippity
31-08-2017, 08:27 PM
The fact that Rafa was invited to be part of a forum comprised of some of the top coaches in the world tells you all you need to know. Give him the tools and he will do the job.

Ashley is too stupid to realise what he's got....and if he's not careful it'll be too late.

Rafa won't put up with another window like this one. First sign in January that we're going to repeat the shenanigans of this one and he'll be off.

Nephy
31-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Whilst I think Rafa was right to take up the honour of attending, I do think the timing of that elite manager conference in Switzerland really sucked. Couldn't they have left it til after the window closed??

Stanleymag
31-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Personally, I'm surprised and pleased we didn't look to cash in on Matt Ritchie.

Ragatino
31-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Well if rafa was serious about getting players in he wouldnt have been on a jolly yesterday

he would have been with charnley persuading players to come here

he confuses everyone does rafa
tells plsyers they can go and then plays them

tells players they have no future and puts them on the bench
tells goalies they must stay and force their way into the first team whilst publicly looking for a goalie

trys and sells gayle and then expects him to get the goals we need to stay up

i didnt expect anyone in when i saw he was of on a jo;;y

commited to us
i dont think so

Funny thing is that 'jolly' was actually a meeting of Elite managers. Which means that our recently promoted club is rubbing shoulders the Juve, Real, Bayern, PSG, Man U etc etc.

Rafa opens doors other managers do not. The negotiations were on-going and in the hands of the club's MD not the manager at that point.

Regardless of your opinion of the fat waiter, his attendance at the managers meeting is excellent for the club. As it gives NUFC a little bump in status.

Real fans of the club appreciate the benefit of being involved in that event. Plastic fans will make negative comments about the club being involved in this kind of event.

None of our previous managers since the late great SBR was involved in such meetings. None of the recent previous managers ever will.

Be grateful we have such a high profile manager & that he is obviously committed to building a squad and has massive ambition our famous old club.

Small minded people can't comprehend the bigger picture.

Good luck to the small minded, once the preserve of the local pub. Propping up the bar as the local knob head now sadly polluting the wider social conversation with their blinkered, poorly considered mutterings.

I don't hate or get angry by these people, I pity them.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 09:15 PM
he wasn't on a ****ing jolly so stop being an arsehole.

charnley does the negotiating signing of the papers so everything boils down to charnley failing again.... now whether that was because of ashleys effin lawyer sticking his oar in and making it impossible for charnley to do rafas bidding remains to be seen yet,

Well said.

On this occasion i think Charnley may have been ****ed by the lawyer. Who seems to have nothing to do with the club except report back to Ashley who then makes judgements on what he says.

Maybe he's not happy Charnley and Rafa banded together to get rid of Carr so is now putting a in a watch dog on Charnley?