PDA

View Full Version : Missed another one

stateside
31-08-2017, 07:23 PM
The Blues grabbed Jota from Brentford for a tidy £ 6 million. I've been harping on here about us getting him to supply Hogan. The Blues may be a promotion contender with their summer signings.

mrsbluesince62
31-08-2017, 08:00 PM
It's going to be interesting Tone, that's for sure. Who needs the Premier League eh! 😎

stateside
31-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Exactly. If it wasn't for the fact I don't get to see this division it wouldn't be bad.

samhubball
01-09-2017, 05:04 AM
I'm pretty pleased with who we got and how early on we got them. Snodgrass amd hourihane will supply hogan and Kodija when fit. And let's be thankful we managed to keep hold of Hutton, Richards and Gabby because in today's money climate they could have each been sold for upwards of twenty pounds

bongosdad
01-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Add Elmo and Green to that list and we can supply Kodjia with quality from all sides of the pitch. I think it's taken the premiere league players time to adjust to this league.
On paper we have the best team in the league by a mile apart from possibly Middlesbrough.
It's been a great window but let's hope the first few games was a blip and we can make a decent fist of being promoted. Bruce will probably be sacked if he doesn't. He's been given 2 windows and he's built a good team so I'm remaining positive.

ozfan
01-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Exactly. If it wasn't for the fact I don't get to see this division it wouldn't be bad.

What he said.

stateside
01-09-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm just sitting here hoping that Rafa leaves Newcastle and Xia moves in to bring the FSW to Villa Park and give old useless tactics the boot or a promotion.

bbvilla
04-09-2017, 04:38 PM
"Best team on paper by a mile"? Yeah right Bongers. Other points : I did not realise that all us Midlanders were owned by the Chinese, their govt is looking to restrict overseas investment so WTF Doc? Also Statesy, not sure you are making Rafa too welcome by calling him an obese purveyor of food and drink. Got the Spanish right though. :P

Having said that, please make it happen.

stateside
04-09-2017, 05:02 PM
LOL. BB. I'll try to be nicer.

samhubball
04-09-2017, 05:35 PM
The fat Spanish waiter can **** off. Can't stand the bloke. Typical cheque book manager

stateside
05-09-2017, 02:49 AM
Don't care if he is a cheque book manager. He buys good players.

samhubball
05-09-2017, 06:37 AM
Because he can't coach bad ones. Imagine the wholesale changes he would want to make to our team. We have the nucleus of a good squad but they need coaching right

stateside
05-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Clark was not very good but said he learned more from Rafa in a month than he had learned in 6 years at Villa. Rafa has won wherever he's been picking up trophies along the way.

I'm not his biggest fan either as he plays players out of position, but it worked with Gerrard. He is a huge upgrade on Bruce.

samhubball
05-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Sorry stateside I can't agree. In the 6 years at villa Clark had about a dozen manager changes for a start. Rafa plays players out of position yes and rotates needlessly. The best erase for us for a long time was under a coach that was a great man manager and he used only his selected and trusted 15 or so players. I'm not mentioning his name so bongo doesn't wet his knickers.

This is what the best manager in the world thinks of Rafael benitez:

"He goes into a club and wins a trophy and claims it as victory where the work was done by someone else. He collects other managers trophies and parades them as if he is anything like siccessful".

I agree with José

bongosdad
05-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Last season Newscastke were considerably stronger than Villa. Like Sam said it wasn't his team and it was keeping the likes of Shelvey and Gayle that did it.

samhubball
05-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Actually Bongo has hit the nail on he head about man management. Rafa is moaning that he had no additions and that will be his excuse for sure when he leaves or Newcastle struggle with relegation. I don't know what or why premier league managers seem to have a problem playing Dwight Gayle. It was the same at palace. When the lad plays he scores.

He is the only one from Newcastle I'd want at the villa right now

stateside
05-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Rafa bought Gayle!!

He spurned the chance to get McCormack and went for Gayle instead.

samhubball
06-09-2017, 06:55 AM
He bought him with a cheque from his cheque-book because he is a cheque- book manager. Used him to get promoted and then instead of sticking with him and developing the player in the prem he gets arsey at not being able to replace him.

stateside
06-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Because he is a level two player. We will have to do the same when we get promoted.