Zippity
31-08-2017, 07:47 PM
So...here's the current list of ins and outs from NUFC.com

Inbound:
Christian Atsu bought
Florian Lejeune bought
Jacob Murphy bought
Javier Manquillo bought
Mikel Merino loaned (with option to buy)
Joselu bought

Outbound:
Vurnon Anita released
Sammy Ameobi released
Yoan Gouffran released
Haris Vuckic released
Lubo Satka released
Florian Thauvin sold
Kevin Mbabu sold
Matz Sels loaned
Adam Armstrong loaned
Daryl Murphy sold
Ivan Toney loaned
Emmanuel Riviere released
Siem De Jong sold
Grant Hanley sold

I'd rather have added Colback and Saivet to the 'out' list too and the less said about the omissions from the 'ins' list, the better.

As for the actual 'ins' I'm happy with Lejeune and Merino; given the way he's started and the need to grow a sqaud then signing Atsu looks ok. I honestly don't know enough about Murphy and whilst the mackems swear that Manquillo was utter shte for them he's proved to be ok-ish cover thus far. Joselu looked decent the other day too.

Our lack of a proper LB, a creative player for the next time Shelvey ****s up or a striker to take the weight off Gayle-both physically and, it would appear now, mentally-is going to come back and bite us on the arse, imo.

As for the released list, Mbabu seemed a very strange one and I would have kept Vurn rather than buy Manquillo. De Jong, too, although all the negatives that have been pointed out about him mean I'm less bothered than I was.

So, I reckon out of 10?......... 4 (I was going to give a 5 but.....ah, i dunno. We should have done so much better. Maybe a 5?

Over to you.

Nufc24Mag
31-08-2017, 07:49 PM

Inbound:
Christian Atsu bought
Florian Lejeune bought
Jacob Murphy bought
Javier Manquillo bought
Joselu bought

Outbound:
Vurnon Anita released
Sammy Ameobi released
Yoan Gouffran released
Haris Vuckic released
Lubo Satka released
Florian Thauvin sold
Kevin Mbabu sold
Matz Sels loaned
Adam Armstrong loaned
Daryl Murphy sold
Ivan Toney loaned
Siem De Jong sold
Grant Hanley sold

I'd rather have added Colback and Saivet to the 'out' list too and the less said about the omissions from the 'ins' list, the better.

As for the actual 'ins' I'm happy with Lejeune and Merino; given the way he's started and the need to grow a sqaud then signing Atsu looks ok. I honestly don't know enough about Murphy and whilst the mackems swear that Manquillo was utter shte for them he's proved to be ok-ish cover thus far. Joselu looked decent the other day too.

Our lack of a proper LB, a creative player for the next time Shelvey ****s up or a striker to take the weight off Gayle-both physically and, it would appear now, mentally-is going to come back and bite us on the arse, imo.

As for the released list, Mbabu seemed a very strange one and I would have kept Vurn rather than buy Manquillo. De Jong, too, although all the negatives that have been pointed out about him mean I'm less bothered than I was.

So, I reckon out of 10?......... 4 (I was going to give a 5 but.....ah, i dunno. We should have done so much better. Maybe a 5?

Over to you.

Nufc24Mag
31-08-2017, 07:50 PM

That's a minus 7 btw

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 08:03 PM
we've spent the last 3 or 4 weeks being told deals are lined up, but we can only bring them in if we shift some out 1st.

I've believed for the past month that transfer fees were not really a problem, but the wage bill and lack of empty pegs on the dressing room wall, were the main concern.

so, in this past week or so Riviere, De Jong, Krul, Hanley and Lazaar have all left........

still Phuck all!!!

I can only give the window a 3 out of 10. (2 of that is for finally shifting Riviere)

toonviking
31-08-2017, 08:09 PM
I can agree on a 4.

I'm closer to 3 than 5...

Kal
31-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Instead of giving a number i'll just say 'potentially fatal'

toonlegend
31-08-2017, 08:15 PM
if a 5 is "neither satisfied or dissatisfied

then i have to anywhere between 2 and 4 inclusive.

I'm pretty happy with what I've seen of the players we have brought in so far - particularly merino, lejeaun and joselu, plus I think Murphy will come good too in time.... but there are some glaring omissions for certain positions that will more than likely copme to haunt us over the next few months.

Zippity
31-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Oh, I'm definitely thinking a 5 is 'not satisfied' cos I'm definitely not.

I'm trying to focus on the signings we have made...because there's nowt we can do about it until January and the West Ham game brought a lot of positivity back so i reckon I'm just trying to hang on to that.

Ragatino
31-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Inbound:
Christian Atsu bought
Florian Lejeune bought
Jacob Murphy bought
Javier Manquillo bought
Joselu bought

Outbound:
Vurnon Anita released
Sammy Ameobi released
Yoan Gouffran released
Haris Vuckic released
Lubo Satka released
Florian Thauvin sold
Kevin Mbabu sold
Matz Sels loaned
Adam Armstrong loaned
Daryl Murphy sold
Ivan Toney loaned
Siem De Jong sold
Grant Hanley sold

Over to you.

Players wise
3 decent players in:
Florian Lejeune bought
Joselu bought

These lads improve us a great deal in terms of professionalism and stability. Mentality is a big factor in football and all 3 are calm down to earth characters.

Christian Atsu bought

This lad was ok last year and seems to have improved this year. Hope he continues to get better and better.

Getting all the players off the wage bill is huge. Foolishly we have some dross like Colback on silly money and not being able to move the likes of him due to the his unrealistic wages point to the real issue with the club & the clubs performance in the transfer market for the last 10 yrs.

When we were gonna go down and we brought in 6 french players it was just throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks. It worked, just about, that time. However Fat man and his cronies have left Rafa in a difficult situation. He is more than capable of keeping the club in the Prem with the threadbare squad we have so long as those new boys stay fit for the most part.

Rafa's player selection - I give a 6.5
He can attract many top quality players with the right backing. Sadly that backing is simply not there.

The clubs & fatman's comments - 0
A liar, a fraud - essentially 'not a right and proper person' to run such an important sporting institution. Ashley is enjoying free advertising making a fortune from the club. He doesn't care if the club is in the prem or the Championship because matches are televised to the whole UK - Sports Direct is a UK based company so what does he care which league we are in, if we are having cup runs or in a European competition?

The people of Newcastle really should attempt to buy the club by means of a financial syndicate. Much like the Glazers buying ManU by leveraging their revenue streams and profitability even 400m should the NUFC remain in the Prem for the next 5 yrs that debt could easily be paid off.

I think it's time for the Geordie nation to move forward and reclaim our castle, reclaim our cathedral and reclaim our birthright.

zoggs
31-08-2017, 08:38 PM
DISASTER ...

I was half agreeing with Pboro over the summer but didn't wanna jump in .But FOK me man ...absolute fat ****ing *******. Just when the buzz was back ,you could feel it around town ,I can only imagine what it's gonna be like now..

I can see Rafa walk very very soon now .And then BANG that trouble will surely start then

Here we go again ..

I just hope to **** he is clearing the boards for a sale.But I won't hold ne breath ffs

Cannylad
31-08-2017, 08:48 PM
It's a 3 for me, very concerned about injuries without decent cover, we could go t!ts up very quickly.

Ragatino
31-08-2017, 08:48 PM
http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/08/sign-1-player-final-34-days-transfer-window-isnt-accident-newcastle-united/

It's no accident!

Davearmy
31-08-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm Done Can't be arsed with another Relegation battle after Rafa leaves tomorrow. Am i surprised we signed NO ONE? nah am i F*ck. apparently we can't compete with Huddersfield and Brighton. FECKING HILARIOUS.

kingstonbob
31-08-2017, 09:10 PM
4. It could have been a 7/8 if we'd just got a proper left back (Praet/Gibbs) striker (Bony/or other to guarantee goals) and McCarthy to push Shelvey. But no its the Ashley and Charnley show again. Rafas got the ammo to savage the feckers now.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 09:22 PM
4 but i'm closer to 3 than 5 (as someone else said)

I'm pleased with who we've got. I'm also pleased with vast majority who we've shifted.

However we've yet again been let down in getting managers targets, leaving us woefully thin in key places that everyman and his dog knows were thin in.

Any club will say - wind shelvey/mitro up and what can we do, **** all because we have nobody really to challenge their position.

Going to be long hard run.

As i said earlier in window. I'd take finishing 17th as a guarantee now.

Nufcian
31-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Basically we have cleared the wage bill down, been left with a few bob in the bank and a very strong Championship squad.

Given the gap in quality we had to try and bridge, and what we have actually brought in, I'd give the window a 2 or 3.

Zippity
31-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Ok, so....maybe I'm back down to a 4.

:s

Nephy
31-08-2017, 10:47 PM
1/10. Absolute disgrace. The only positives are that Riviere has gone and the players we did bring in are decent lads. However, this is massively outweighed by the fact that we simply do not have the squad to survive and mark my words, Rafa will be gone very soon and no decent manager will step into the mess he'll be washing his hands of. It's a disgrace that our last minute business was loaning out Krul to a team who are potentially relegation rivals, and offloading Lazaar at a time when we have no other fit recognised left back. Absolutely unbelievable! I now feel like we could actually do with players like Anita, heck, even Thauvin could have been pressed into service. Rafa let those kind of players go because he thought we'd replace them. He will be fuming tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's resigned tomorrow.

Jammy89
31-08-2017, 10:52 PM
He will be fuming tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's resigned tomorrow.

He will and rightly so.

I don't think he'll resign but like you it wouldn't surprise me at this stage.

Geordie_Jacko
01-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Shocking window I'm not even overjoyed with the 'mayjor' signings we've made. Yeah they looked decent first few games. 3of which we've been beat.But I think new signings are always going to look good when first playing for a team just off extra energy alone. Let's see how good they look when things start going to **** because we simply have not added enough depth or talent. Everyone praising getting rid of De Jong and Rivière. I'd rather the pair still be at the fu(king club bleeding a wage out of Ashley cause let's face it he's made money on them and not reinvested shock. Plus if De Jong is fit he'd be a good larker hell of a lot better than Colback, Saivet and Diame who are all still at the club. I'd give it a 1

pboromag
01-09-2017, 06:18 AM
why every one is blamingash is beyond me
he told rafa he could have everypenny for the team that was generated
taht was a clear sign that you need to get players out before getting players in or even players out or of the wage bill

he didnt do it

he is in charge of all things footy ,thats what he wanted
yet he put signs out like i dont want you you have no future here yet then either plays them or puts them on the bench

he didnt make life hard for them

he then loans out one goalie tells another he has to stay and fight for his place yet all we have heard is he wants another goalie

he has gambled with the few signings he has brought
it all loooks disjointed to me and rafa is at the helm

if he goes does it matter
he has left the next manager with more deadwood than he inherited
a team completly underwhelmed and deflated

and he was in charge
he got rid of carr in what is probably the most important transfer window we have had for years

that was his decision
not ashlys

ghostrider
01-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Although I'm disappointed with the transfer dealings in, lately, I'm more than content with what we brought in early on, with a few of them proving to be very good additions and some requiring the jury, as in Murphy.

Do I think we've done enough to cater for our seasonal requirements?....it's hard to say in some respects, because we could literally create a whole new lease of life out of the players that are staying and actually balance the entire squad out with what we have left.
Saivet for instance is a player that didn't do anything wrong when played. It just sort of went weird with the other signings.

However, I do think we've missed a trick on maybe 2 signings, or at least one, as in, a left back. I seriously think we should have done everything in our power to bring one in, whether it was a stop gap one or a better quality permanent.

Sitting watching the transfer centre and waiting for deals was deflating over the entire transfer world but soul destroying watching us do the exact same thing of doing nothing, or hinging a transfer on a pretence, like Matt Targett.

I'm not going to get too disheartened at the minute because I seriously think all clubs are being played in terms of pricing out, regardless of the excuses our club makes all the time.
This silly money dealings has scared the living daylights out of most clubs and I reckon that many enquiries for players will have been met with stupendous answers as for price tags.

I'm not happy and I know most of you won't be...with some even fuming....BUT....BUT....and hear me out.

What are we buying for ?

Hang on, before you jump down my throat.

What I mean is, what exactly are we buying for this season?
The answer is to ease back into the premier league and avoid relegation.
I seriously think we have more than enough potential to do that with what we have, regardless of the fact that one or two additions would have been extremely welcome.

I think we can work with what we have, as long as Rafa is of the frame of mind to carry it on. We shall see on that.

Ok so I've sort of went in and around this transfer stuff in terms of marks out of 10, so here it is in a nutshell.

Early summer window I'll give 6/10.
Last few weeks of the window with expectations of shifting players out. 8/10
Last few weeks of the window with bringing players in 2/10

There you go. I'm not overly excited, obviously but I'm also not too disheartened, as I believe we can adapt as a unit and even evolve the odd player, so that we have a tight knit group all pulling in the same direction.

Geordie_Jacko
01-09-2017, 07:18 AM
taht was a clear sign that you need to get players out before getting players in or even players out or of the wage bill

he didnt do it

yet he put signs out like i dont want you you have no future here yet then either plays them or puts them on the bench

he then loans out one goalie tells another he has to stay and fight for his place yet all we have heard is he wants another goalie

and he was in charge
he got rid of carr in what is probably the most important transfer window we have had for years

that was his decision
not ashlys

Get out the back end of Ashley you complete fu(king bofoon . Rafa gave targets Ashley and Charley missed his 1st choice 2nd choice even his fu(king third choice. We've offloaded numerous players and not reinvested any of that money. Get in you thick skull the people who run the club and run it very poorly and for business matters only are Ashley and Charnley not Rafa. Who has publicly stated he wants things to be more about the football. He will never get that as long as we're ran by Ashley. Every bad at the club is his doing and not Rafas just like it has been for years before we even had Rafa. Or was that all the previous managers faults as well?

liikape
01-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Although I'm disappointed with the transfer dealings in, lately, I'm more than content with what we brought in early on, with a few of them proving to be very good additions and some requiring the jury, as in Murphy.

Do I think we've done enough to cater for our seasonal requirements?....it's hard to say in some respects, because we could literally create a whole new lease of life out of the players that are staying and actually balance the entire squad out with what we have left.
Saivet for instance is a player that didn't do anything wrong when played. It just sort of went weird with the other signings.

However, I do think we've missed a trick on maybe 2 signings, or at least one, as in, a left back. I seriously think we should have done everything in our power to bring one in, whether it was a stop gap one or a better quality permanent.

Sitting watching the transfer centre and waiting for deals was deflating over the entire transfer world but soul destroying watching us do the exact same thing of doing nothing, or hinging a transfer on a pretence, like Matt Targett.

I'm not going to get too disheartened at the minute because I seriously think all clubs are being played in terms of pricing out, regardless of the excuses our club makes all the time.
This silly money dealings has scared the living daylights out of most clubs and I reckon that many enquiries for players will have been met with stupendous answers as for price tags.

I'm not happy and I know most of you won't be...with some even fuming....BUT....BUT....and hear me out.

What are we buying for ?

Hang on, before you jump down my throat.

What I mean is, what exactly are we buying for this season?
The answer is to ease back into the premier league and avoid relegation.
I seriously think we have more than enough potential to do that with what we have, regardless of the fact that one or two additions would have been extremely welcome.

I think we can work with what we have, as long as Rafa is of the frame of mind to carry it on. We shall see on that.

Ok so I've sort of went in and around this transfer stuff in terms of marks out of 10, so here it is in a nutshell.

Early summer window I'll give 6/10.
Last few weeks of the window with expectations of shifting players out. 8/10
Last few weeks of the window with bringing players in 2/10

There you go. I'm not overly excited, obviously but I'm also not too disheartened, as I believe we can adapt as a unit and even evolve the odd player, so that we have a tight knit group all pulling in the same direction.

I agree with this. I think we have enough good players to avoid relegation. Left back-situation is the only thing that worries me.

pboromag
01-09-2017, 08:03 AM
I agree with this. I think we have enough good players to avoid relegation. Left back-situation is the only thing that worries me.

if he had kept carr maybe we would have had one
instaed rafa was on a jolly bigging himself up

Jammy89
01-09-2017, 08:29 AM
I'd love to say i think you're just winding people up Pboro but knowing of your hatred for Rafa i do actually believe you blame him rather than the people actually to blame.

TheBigSausage
01-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Ashley has had his use out of Rafa.. a good head for the chimps and plenty of cash to ensure promotion.

Now the situation is the sky money is back again and Ashley requires another Pardew , no voice , no ambition , no trouble. What he has is exactly the opposite in Rafa so he needs rid , hence the debacle we have just seen .

Nephy
01-09-2017, 09:21 AM

Because he lies, reneges on his promises, complains about being poor whilst dropping thousands on boozy nights out, and is a poor gambler when it comes to NUFC. He makes lofty promises when it suits him, then shrugs his shoulders when he fails to deliver. He has proven time and again that he will cut his own nose off to spite his face when he feels under fire.

Remember this? 'Judge me in the summer'?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-spend-9758725

Well, it's time to judge.

In failing to do what's necessary to equip us with a squad capable of pushing for mid table safely, he has basically openly insulted Benitez, who will go - if not now, then soon. We will not be able to replace him with a manager of any pedigree, because everyone knows how Ashley treats his managers by now.

We have become a yo yo club under his tenure, and are likely to be heading down again this year with this paper thin squad - and we will struggle to come straight back up this time. Nobody can be blindly optimistic enough to think we will be doing anything other than scrapping against relegation with this squad.

The money in football is ridiculous, but the other teams at the bottom of the PL have been spending because they know the importance of staying in this league and it's a simple case of speculating to accumulate. If you spend £30m on a striker who fires in the goals that keep you up, they pay for themselves several times over. I'm not asking Ashley to bankrupt us or himself, but we massively reduced the wage bill and could easily support a couple of good new players on £100k a week.

Zippity
01-09-2017, 09:37 AM
With Krul and Lazaar going that makes 16 players. Now, there are some big hitters there and some fringe players so I'm going to average out their weekly wage as 30 grand per week. 16 x 30 000 is 480 thousand. Multiply that by 4 and we'll be saving roughly £2 million per month on wages alone. So £24 million a year (even if the figures for wages is slightly lower than my average it'll still be about £20 mil).

Now, does that count as 'every penny the club earns'?

I think it does.

ex_pat_magpie
01-09-2017, 09:37 AM

he didnt do it

and he was in charge

that was his decision
not ashlys

There are only two words to sum up your rationale Pboro.

CHILDISHLY STUPID.

pboromag
01-09-2017, 02:32 PM
There are only two words to sum up your rationale Pboro.

CHILDISHLY STUPID.

you still hanging out my arse

sorry hanging on my every word

jus
thats my predictive text

every time i put a reply to plastic pat up it statrts to type arse wipe or clingon

Jammy89
01-09-2017, 02:42 PM
you still hanging out my arse

sorry hanging on my every word

jus
thats my predictive text

every time i put a reply to plastic pat up it statrts to type arse wipe or clingon

It's a message board - you put up a post to get a reaction and you did. From not just Pat but me, Zip, Nephy and Jacko.

I know you like the fact that you can wind Pat up but cummon Pboro, his reaction was after 4 others, to just pick up that one makes you look a bit clingy to him.

ex_pat_magpie
01-09-2017, 02:49 PM
It's a message board - you put up a post to get a reaction and you did. From not just Pat but me, Zip, Nephy and Jacko.

I know you like the fact that you can wind Pat up but cummon Pboro, his reaction was after 4 others, to just pick up that one makes you look a bit clingy to him.

He's not winding me up at all Jammy. All he is doing is what the majority of us on here already know and that is that for all of his buffoonary outbursts in favour of Ashley and against Rafa he only confirms what little he knows and his grasp of football matters and common sense is nil.

ashingtoon62
01-09-2017, 02:59 PM

CHOMP !!!!!

Clickbait and some of yous fall for it every time..

He gans on about his phone causing his spelling mayhem,then his magic phone manages to spell Joselwho correct,every time.Which I find quite funny by the way but is clearly an attack on Raffa...
I keep hearing "he,s a really good poster"
"he,s got a good point"
"he creates debate"
Really if he does all of this then,wheres Kevbroon,Zoggs et al....

Jammy89
01-09-2017, 03:32 PM
CHOMP !!!!!

He gans on about his phone causing his spelling mayhem,then his magic phone manages to spell Joselwho correct,every time.Which I find quite funny by the way but is clearly an attack on Raffa...
"he,s got a good point"
"he creates debate"

I know we fall for it - i said that we did XD

I try and ignore it but on occasion. . . XD

ex_pat_magpie
01-09-2017, 03:41 PM
I know we fall for it - i said that we did XD

I try and ignore it but on occasion. . . XD

As I've said before.

He knows nowt about everything and everything about nowt.

pboromag
01-09-2017, 06:29 PM
As I've said before.

He knows nowt about everything and everything about nowt.

but i know your an areswipe a cling on and obsessed
i know i wind you up and i know jammy loves it

me piles are hurting and when i had them taken out i photoed theem

there was two that looked like a palstic shaking hands with SBR

and he said if that palstic knew anything he would know i have met pboro and presented him with a trophy

not been accosted by some bloke who comes to games every two years

i like the proper fans

pboromag
01-09-2017, 06:32 PM
CHOMP !!!!!

"he,s got a good point"
"he creates debate"
apity you cant follow threads
zoggs says earlier he actually agrees with me

he is behind you

numpty

toptoon
01-09-2017, 07:41 PM
CHOMP !!!!!

"he,s got a good point"
"he creates debate"

Good poster? He´s the biggets WUM I´ve ever seen - it´s obvious.

ex_pat_magpie
01-09-2017, 10:51 PM

and he said if that palstic knew anything he would know i have met pboro and presented him with a trophy

i like the proper fans

You are the one who is obsessed, otherwise you wouldn't reply so abusively to my remarks while ignoring the numerous criticisms and insults hurled at you by most other posters.

As far as I'm concerned I couldn't give a monkey's **** about you. It's just that I see some of your remarks to be so childish and certainly not from a person being so supposedly successful in business. I think you give the impression of being a fantasist or at best a daydreamer.

Jammy89
01-09-2017, 11:03 PM

i like the proper fans

Didn't see this before.

Pboro - i know this is biting and i know you "love it" but trust me, i really dislike you're attempts to wind Pat up - successful or not.

I don't understand personally why you pour bile and hatred on to a manger that most, in fact i can't think of any that don't on here (that isn't saying he's not used negative tactics by the way) think is best thing we've had in years - i can only assume it's because you want to be the person that stands against the crowd.

You say you "like the proper fans" from that i assume you count yourself as one? If so, then why not act like a fan? If you don't count yourself as a proper fan then fair enough, carry on as you are but at least we'll all know the truth.

You say Pat is obsessed with you but in the recent weeks it's been all you, i'd almost say your missing him responding to you.

It's quite sad really that you feel you have to do things like this because occasionally you do come up with genuinely good threads.

toonlegend
01-09-2017, 11:15 PM
sorry but pboro is just utterly disgusting

Ragatino
02-09-2017, 12:36 AM
sorry but pboro is just utterly disgusting

You don't need to be sorry if you find something or someone's comments disgusting.

pboromag
02-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Didn't see this before.

Pboro - i know this is biting and i know you "love it" but trust me, i really dislike you're attempts to wind Pat up - successful or not.

I don't understand personally why you pour bile and hatred on to a manger that most, in fact i can't think of any that don't on here (that isn't saying he's not used negative tactics by the way) think is best thing we've had in years - i can only assume it's because you want to be the person that stands against the crowd.

You say you "like the proper fans" from that i assume you count yourself as one? If so, then why not act like a fan? If you don't count yourself as a proper fan then fair enough, carry on as you are but at least we'll all know the truth.

You say Pat is obsessed with you but in the recent weeks it's been all you, i'd almost say your missing him responding to you.

It's quite sad really that you feel you have to do things like this because occasionally you do come up with genuinely good threads.

i dont pour bile and hatred on a manager no more than many did on fat sam pardew kinnear etc etc etc
i dont like his tactics
i dont like his negative football
i dont like his constant whines to the press

because i dont agree with the norm and are willing to stand my ground on my ideas and say why doesnt mean i dont act like a proper fan ,no more than when people suddenly turn on shelvey colback dummett etc etc etc etc etc .im a proper fan i get of my arse sacrafice time money and commitments to go to the games .do you?

look at the commment before this he calls my ideas childish really? was the comment even called for ??and is that not him responding to me??
as i say for a man to offer his hand say he will not follow me will stay away from me he doesnt do avery good job .

i really hope rafa pulls it around i really hope he gets his head down and gets on with the job i hope he is succesfull with us .he has been here long enough know its his squad his recruiting network etc etc .
if he feels that comfortable with charnley doing deals etc that he can go ff to a jolly then so be it .

i just want us to do well who ever is in charge
and when we arent and watching the game is like pulling teeth and you are loosing and he still playing negative footy .then i will say my piece
when we won against wet spam i was positive

ex_pat_magpie
02-09-2017, 06:45 AM
No Pboro you have it all wrong as usual. To be labelled childish for a constantly harping on post in a childish manner is one thing but just read the insults you churn out, probably without even to stop and think or to read the disgusting bile you have posted is entirely different .
That is what Jammy and others have referred to when you attack posters who disagree with you.

It is total lack of self control.

Geordie_Exile_De
02-09-2017, 07:35 AM
To get back on topic,I would rate the window as a complete cluster ****.

Rafa has been let down big style by the board.

It is like sending troops to fight against tanks armed with nothing more than pitch forks and entusiasm.

pboromag
02-09-2017, 08:36 AM
no pboro you have it all wrong as usual. To be labelled childish for a constantly harping on post in a childish manner is one thing but just read the insults you churn out, probably without even to stop and think or to read the disgusting bile you have posted is entirely different .
That is what jammy and others have referred to when you attack posters who disagree with you.

It is total lack of self control.

you still hanging

go away like you have promised to do many times
i may be childish if that is what you believe
but i certainly do what i say i will

about time you started another thread offering white doves in it

pboromag
02-09-2017, 08:36 AM
to get back on topic,i would rate the window as a complete cluster ****.

Rafa has been let down big style by the board.

It is like sending troops to fight against tanks armed with nothing more than pitch forks and entusiasm.

so you think the players he has brought arent up to the job ?

ghostrider
02-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Newcastle United.
IN
Jacob Murphy - Norwich - £12million
Florian Lejeune - Eibar - £8.7million
Christian Atsu - Chelsea - £6.8million
Joselu - Stoke - £5million
Javier Manquillo - Atletico Madrid - £4.5million
Stefan O'Connor - Arsenal - Free
Josef Yarney - Everton - Free
Mikel Merino - Borussia Dortmund - Loan

Let's have a look at what other clubs have done against what we have done.

Bournemouth

In
Nathan Ake - Chelsea - £20million
Asmir Begovic - Chelsea - £10million
Connor Mahoney - Blackburn - Undisclosed
Jermain Defoe - Sunderland - Free

Brighton.

Jose Izquierdo - Club Brugge - £13.5million
Davy Propper - PSV Eindhoven - £11.7million
Mathew Ryan - Valencia - £5.4million
Markus Suttner - Ingolstadt - £4.5million
Pascal Gross - Ingolstadt - £2.7million
Ales Mateju - Viktoria Plzen - £2.25million
Ezequiel Schelotto - Sporting Lisbon - Undisclosed
Josh Kerr - Celtic - Undisclosed
Mathias Normann - Bodo/Glimt - Undisclosed
Soufyan Ahannach - Almere City - Undisclosed
Tim Krul - Newcastle - Loan
Izzy Brown - Chelsea - Loan

Burnley

In

Chris Wood - Leeds - £15million
Jack Cork - Swansea - £10million
Nahki Wells - Huddersfield - £5million
Jon Walters - Stoke City - £3million
Phil Bardsley - Stoke - Undisclosed
Adam Legzdins - Birmingham - Undisclosed
Charlie Taylor - Leeds - Tribunal

Crystal Palace

In
Mamadou Sakho - Liverpool - £26million
Jairo Riedewald - Ajax - £8million
Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea - Loan
Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Manchester United - Loan

Huddersfield

In

Steve Mounie - Montpellier - £11.7million
Aaron Mooy - Man City - £8million
Tom Ince - Derby - £8million
Laurent Depoitre - FC Porto - £3.5million
Mathias Jorgensen - FC Copenhagen - £3.5million
Scott Malone - Fulham - £3.5million
Zanka - FC Copenhagen - £2.5million
Abdelhamid Sabiri - Nuremberg - £1.35million
Elias Kachunga - Ingolstadt - £1.1million
Danny Williams - Reading - Free
Rob Green - Unattached - Free
Florent Hadergjonaj - Ingolstadt - Loan
Jonas Lossl - Mainz - Loan
Kasey Palmer - Chelsea - Loan

Leicester.
IN
Kelechi Iheanacho - Manchester City - £25million
Harry Maguire - Hull - £17million
Vincent Iborra - Sevilla - £12.75million
Eldin Jakupovic - Hull - £2.5million
Sam Hughes - Chester - Undisclosed
George Thomas - Coventry - Undisclosed
Aleksandar Dragovic - Bayer Leverkusen - Loan

Southampton.
IN

Mario Lemina - Juventus - £15.4million
Wesley Hoedt - Lazio - £14.75million
Jan Bednarek - Lech Poznan - £5million
Jack Rose - West Brom - Free

Stoke.
IN

Kevin Wimmer - Tottenham - £18million
Bruno Martins Indi - Porto - £7million
Josh Tymon - Hull - Tribunal
Tre Pemberton - Blackburn - Undisclosed
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting - Schalke - Free
Darren Fletcher - West Brom - Free
Kurt Zouma - Chelsea - Loan
Jese Rodriguez - PSG - Loan

Swansea.
IN

Sam Clucas - Hull City - £15million
Wilfried Bony - Manchester City - £12million
Roque Mesa - Las Palmas - £11million
Erwin Mulder - Heerenveen - Free
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea - Loan
Marc Walsh - Finn Harps - Undisclosed
Cian Harries - Coventry City - Undisclosed
Renato Sanches - Bayern Munich - Loan

Watford.
IN

Andre Gray - Burnley- £18million
Richarlison - Fluminense - £11.2million
Tom Cleverley - Everton - £8million
Will Hughes - Derby County - £8million
Nathaniel Chalobah - Chelsea - £5.5million
Dimitri Foulquier - Granada - Undisclosed
Marvin Zeegelaar - Sporting Lisbon - Undisclosed
Daniel Bachmann - Stoke - Free
Kiko Femenia - Alaves - Free
Harvey Bradbury - Portsmouth - Free
Sam Howes - West Ham - Free
Andre Carrillo - Benfica - Loan
Orestis Karnezis - Udinese - Loan
Molla Wague - Udinese - Loan

W.B.A
IN

Oliver Burke - RB Leipzig - £13.6million
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton - £12million
Kieran Gibbs - Arsenal - £7million
Gareth Barry - Everton - £1million
Yuning Zhang - Vitesse Arnhem - Undisclosed
Kyle Jameson - Chelsea - Undisclosed
Grzegorz Krychowiak - PSG - Loan
Ahmed Hegazi - Al Ahly - Loan

West Ham.
IN

Marko Arnautovic - Stoke - £20million
Javier Hernandez - Bayer Leverkusen - £16million
Sead Haksabanovic - Halmstads BK - Undisclosed
Anouar El Mhassani - Ajax - Free
Pablo Zabaleta - Manchester City - Free
Joe Hart - Manchester City - Loan

Now let's rate our window against the teams we are fighting against for positions.

I think ours looks pretty decent to be fair...compared to most.

Jammy89
02-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I'd of been pretty happy with Baggies signings coming here XD

pboromag
02-09-2017, 09:14 AM
Newcastle United.
IN
Jacob Murphy - Norwich - £12million
Florian Lejeune - Eibar - £8.7million
Christian Atsu - Chelsea - £6.8million
Joselu - Stoke - £5million
Javier Manquillo - Atletico Madrid - £4.5million
Stefan O'Connor - Arsenal - Free
Josef Yarney - Everton - Free
Mikel Merino - Borussia Dortmund - Loan

Let's have a look at what other clubs have done against what we have done.

Bournemouth

In
Nathan Ake - Chelsea - £20million
Asmir Begovic - Chelsea - £10million
Connor Mahoney - Blackburn - Undisclosed
Jermain Defoe - Sunderland - Free

Brighton.

Jose Izquierdo - Club Brugge - £13.5million
Davy Propper - PSV Eindhoven - £11.7million
Mathew Ryan - Valencia - £5.4million
Markus Suttner - Ingolstadt - £4.5million
Pascal Gross - Ingolstadt - £2.7million
Ales Mateju - Viktoria Plzen - £2.25million
Ezequiel Schelotto - Sporting Lisbon - Undisclosed
Josh Kerr - Celtic - Undisclosed
Mathias Normann - Bodo/Glimt - Undisclosed
Soufyan Ahannach - Almere City - Undisclosed
Tim Krul - Newcastle - Loan
Izzy Brown - Chelsea - Loan

Burnley

In

Chris Wood - Leeds - £15million
Jack Cork - Swansea - £10million
Nahki Wells - Huddersfield - £5million
Jon Walters - Stoke City - £3million
Phil Bardsley - Stoke - Undisclosed
Adam Legzdins - Birmingham - Undisclosed
Charlie Taylor - Leeds - Tribunal

Crystal Palace

In
Mamadou Sakho - Liverpool - £26million
Jairo Riedewald - Ajax - £8million
Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea - Loan
Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Manchester United - Loan

Huddersfield

In

Steve Mounie - Montpellier - £11.7million
Aaron Mooy - Man City - £8million
Tom Ince - Derby - £8million
Laurent Depoitre - FC Porto - £3.5million
Mathias Jorgensen - FC Copenhagen - £3.5million
Scott Malone - Fulham - £3.5million
Zanka - FC Copenhagen - £2.5million
Abdelhamid Sabiri - Nuremberg - £1.35million
Elias Kachunga - Ingolstadt - £1.1million
Danny Williams - Reading - Free
Rob Green - Unattached - Free
Florent Hadergjonaj - Ingolstadt - Loan
Jonas Lossl - Mainz - Loan
Kasey Palmer - Chelsea - Loan

Leicester.
IN
Kelechi Iheanacho - Manchester City - £25million
Harry Maguire - Hull - £17million
Vincent Iborra - Sevilla - £12.75million
Eldin Jakupovic - Hull - £2.5million
Sam Hughes - Chester - Undisclosed
George Thomas - Coventry - Undisclosed
Aleksandar Dragovic - Bayer Leverkusen - Loan

Southampton.
IN

Mario Lemina - Juventus - £15.4million
Wesley Hoedt - Lazio - £14.75million
Jan Bednarek - Lech Poznan - £5million
Jack Rose - West Brom - Free

Stoke.
IN

Kevin Wimmer - Tottenham - £18million
Bruno Martins Indi - Porto - £7million
Josh Tymon - Hull - Tribunal
Tre Pemberton - Blackburn - Undisclosed
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting - Schalke - Free
Darren Fletcher - West Brom - Free
Kurt Zouma - Chelsea - Loan
Jese Rodriguez - PSG - Loan

Swansea.
IN

Sam Clucas - Hull City - £15million
Wilfried Bony - Manchester City - £12million
Roque Mesa - Las Palmas - £11million
Erwin Mulder - Heerenveen - Free
Tammy Abraham - Chelsea - Loan
Marc Walsh - Finn Harps - Undisclosed
Cian Harries - Coventry City - Undisclosed
Renato Sanches - Bayern Munich - Loan

Watford.
IN

Andre Gray - Burnley- £18million
Richarlison - Fluminense - £11.2million
Tom Cleverley - Everton - £8million
Will Hughes - Derby County - £8million
Nathaniel Chalobah - Chelsea - £5.5million
Dimitri Foulquier - Granada - Undisclosed
Marvin Zeegelaar - Sporting Lisbon - Undisclosed
Daniel Bachmann - Stoke - Free
Kiko Femenia - Alaves - Free
Harvey Bradbury - Portsmouth - Free
Sam Howes - West Ham - Free
Andre Carrillo - Benfica - Loan
Orestis Karnezis - Udinese - Loan
Molla Wague - Udinese - Loan

W.B.A
IN

Oliver Burke - RB Leipzig - £13.6million
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton - £12million
Kieran Gibbs - Arsenal - £7million
Gareth Barry - Everton - £1million
Yuning Zhang - Vitesse Arnhem - Undisclosed
Kyle Jameson - Chelsea - Undisclosed
Grzegorz Krychowiak - PSG - Loan
Ahmed Hegazi - Al Ahly - Loan

West Ham.
IN

Marko Arnautovic - Stoke - £20million
Javier Hernandez - Bayer Leverkusen - £16million
Sead Haksabanovic - Halmstads BK - Undisclosed
Anouar El Mhassani - Ajax - Free
Pablo Zabaleta - Manchester City - Free
Joe Hart - Manchester City - Loan

Now let's rate our window against the teams we are fighting against for positions.

I think ours looks pretty decent to be fair...compared to most.

west ham a very poor window and needed a good one ,i can see them going down ,i was with a few of their lads at the game last week ,they are worried .
wba a good window got some decent players and some experiance

watford did well and must have some usefull connections i think grey is a gamble at 18 mill though but a bargain if he does ok

swansea done ok i worry about their manager though not hugely impressed but in bony if he does well they have goals

stoke will be their usuall selfs a bit of a mixed bag got players in for the hard season

huddersfield did really well their manager has used his cntacts well

southampton went the route i would have gone didnt buy much but brought quality

palace i think will struggle sakho might not be the player he was and 26 mill for someone who wouldnt get in the scousers side is a gamble

burnley have gambled a little but have a great manager in dyche not sure about the lad from leeds

brighton got a lot for their money under chris i think they have done well

bournemouth seem to have raided chelseas reserves and paid hansomely for it

most teams have gambled

us more than most

i would rate our window a 4-5

would have gone for quality and if theat meant 3-4 players only so be it

i just feel rafa has damaged moral for the likes of colback etc by telling them to go when he will have to rely on him this season

i dont see to many managers washing their dirty laundry in public and telling players they have no future when they know who they are dealing with

ghostrider
02-09-2017, 09:20 AM
I'd of been pretty happy with Baggies signings coming here XD

Yeah they look alright but then again it's a case of, would those player fare much better than what we've already bought.
It'll be interesting to see which signings show up this season in terms of additional quality or additional hindrances to all those teams, including ours.

I just hope that ours produce over the season.
I'm going to take real interest in all of those signings and make notes on all of them, on here in January to see who's doing what.

ghostrider
02-09-2017, 09:22 AM
west ham a very poor window and needed a good one ,i can see them going down ,i was with a few of their lads at the game last week ,they are worried .
wba a good window got some decent players and some experiance

watford did well and must have some usefull connections i think grey is a gamble at 18 mill though but a bargain if he does ok

swansea done ok i worry about their manager though not hugely impressed but in bony if he does well they have goals

stoke will be their usuall selfs a bit of a mixed bag got players in for the hard season

huddersfield did really well their manager has used his cntacts well

southampton went the route i would have gone didnt buy much but brought quality

palace i think will struggle sakho might not be the player he was and 26 mill for someone who wouldnt get in the scousers side is a gamble

burnley have gambled a little but have a great manager in dyche not sure about the lad from leeds

brighton got a lot for their money under chris i think they have done well

bournemouth seem to have raided chelseas reserves and paid hansomely for it

most teams have gambled

us more than most

i would rate our window a 4-5

would have gone for quality and if theat meant 3-4 players only so be it

i just feel rafa has damaged moral for the likes of colback etc by telling them to go when he will have to rely on him this season

i dont see to many managers washing their dirty laundry in public and telling players they have no future when they know who they are dealing with

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Geordie_Exile_De
02-09-2017, 03:04 PM
so you think the players he has brought arent up to the job ?

I didn't say that. Key positions have been left threadbare to say the least.

You yourself harped on as we were promoted, that we needed a major overhaul, now you rate the window as 4-5 out of 10!

As for Rafa damaging squad moral........ are you taking the piss?