PDA

View Full Version : Geriatric Forwards until Jan at least

Iwantmypieback
31-08-2017, 07:49 PM
So apparently we aren't expecting any one in today. Nice to know we have a forward line that is young and full of energy...

Will this decision bite Nolan on the arse and cost him his job?

Notts78
31-08-2017, 07:51 PM
In my opionion.. NO.

SmiffyPie
31-08-2017, 08:03 PM
So apparently we aren't expecting any one in today. Nice to know we have a forward line that is young and full of energy...

Will this decision bite Nolan on the arse and cost him his job?Not KN's fault is it. He will have been looking for improvements in the positions we need improvement in. Although if things go tits up because of a lack of WOW players KN will carry the can, it is AH who gives the yes/no to new signings. Now I fully appreciate the possibility that we are cash strapped what I don't get is any available ££ not being pumped into the team? His money though (just like it was RT's, he didn't get any stick either did he).

keldsyke
31-08-2017, 08:10 PM

Have a bit of respect for them please, perhaps there's no one available that fits the bill? Have faith, I don't think we are doing to bad at the moment. Perhaps xmas willl be the right time to strengthen and move forward? Am I right in thinking the loan window stays open??

Old_pie
31-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Not KN's fault is it. He will have been looking for improvements in the positions we need improvement in. Although if things go tits up because of a lack of WOW players KN will carry the can, it is AH who gives the yes/no to new signings. Now I fully appreciate the possibility that we are cash strapped what I don't get is any available ££ not being pumped into the team? His money though (just like it was RT's, he didn't get any stick either did he).

AH is seeing that if we'd won last Friday we'd have been top and so no need for additional signings at the moment. He seems to be missing on why we didn't win last Friday but as you say, it's his money :(

JoePass
31-08-2017, 08:18 PM
AH is seeing that if we'd won last Friday we'd have been top and so no need for additional signings at the moment. He seems to be missing on why we didn't win last Friday but as you say, it's his money :(

Personally I am quite happy where we are at the moment. Nod,nod,nod ;D

irish_pie
31-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Im not gonna loose a lot of sleep if nobody comes in before the window closes tonight, just looking at some of the league 2 clubs it just looks like they are signing players just for the sake of it, ok we need a couple more players but they were probably going to be loans anyway so doesn't that window open up directly after? or was that scrapped?

DaveSmithRules
31-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Loan window closes tonight too I believe

nw6pie
31-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Have a bit of respect for them please, perhaps there's no one available that fits the bill? Have faith, I don't think we are doing to bad at the moment. Perhaps xmas willl be the right time to strengthen and move forward? Am I right in thinking the loan window stays open??

That's the whole point - there are no signings possible now until January. We're definitely a few players short of challenging for promotion, I think - and that's assuming we keep everyone fit. We also start playing three games a week soon, too - what are we going to do with our geriatric forward line then?

keldsyke
31-08-2017, 08:50 PM
That's the whole point - there are no signings possible now until January. We're definitely a few players short of challenging for promotion, I think - and that's assuming we keep everyone fit. We also start playing three games a week soon, too - what are we going to do with our geriatric forward line then?

So promotion is the aim? I'd say we are in a good position at the moment, I'll take KN's opinion of the squad over anyone's on here, I'm guessing he knows a little more.

countygump
31-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Jerry Hat-trick ay?

I like the sound of that.

20:21 Doesn’t look like there’ll be much happening with Notts County if owner Alan Hardy’s Tweet is anything to go by…

Not out of choice pal. I’m at home with kids reading bedtime story. Will be in bed before 11pm and really looking forward to Saturday v PV https://t.co/TcA9nlJHyY

— Alan Hardy (@Bigalanh5) August 31, 2017

countygump
31-08-2017, 09:25 PM
22:13 Reports emerging that Notts County had made one last push to sign Forest striker Tyler Walker on loan – but the Reds confirmed he will stay at the City Ground.

JoePass
31-08-2017, 09:27 PM
22:13 Reports emerging that Notts County had made one last push to sign Forest striker Tyler Walker on loan – but the Reds confirmed he will stay at the City Ground.

This failing club need all hands on deck.

nw6pie
31-08-2017, 09:31 PM
So promotion is the aim? I'd say we are in a good position at the moment, I'll take KN's opinion of the squad over anyone's on here, I'm guessing he knows a little more.

I hope promotion is the aim - otherwise what's the point? Yet again we signed too many squad fillers in the summer rather than going for quality over quantity - something I fear will become all too apparent when Alan Smith is leading the line against Swindon in a few weeks.

I hope we accrue enough points to stay around the playoffs until January, and then improve the squad like we did last January to have a real go at promotion. I'd say an awful lot rests on Jorge Grant staying fit and in the goals, though.

Freeman25
31-08-2017, 09:36 PM
We shouldn't be in a position where if ONE player gets injured we'd look a terrible side but I think that's the case without Ameobi in the side. We'd be left with Stead (who I think is past it), Forte and... Callum Saunders.

Maybe we're trying out a new system where our strikers aren't needed to score goals and we'll just rely on everyone else to chip in? I'd be shocked if the 4 strikers we have at the moment scored 15 goals between them.

JoePass
31-08-2017, 09:49 PM
We shouldn't be in a position where if ONE player gets injured we'd look a terrible side but I think that's the case without Ameobi in the side. We'd be left with Stead (who I think is past it), Forte and... Callum Saunders.

Maybe we're trying out a new system where our strikers aren't needed to score goals and we'll just rely on everyone else to chip in? I'd be shocked if the 4 strikers we have at the moment scored 15 goals between them.

After some of the so called strikers we have had over the years, excluding Hughes, I am happy with what we have. We are 4h division.

Old_pie
31-08-2017, 10:01 PM
#faith and all that:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 18m18 minutes ago

That's your view. If we need to kick-on then we have Jan window remember but we'll still be top 7 come then 👍

I wish I could easily find his tweet earlier in the month where we were aiming for 2 more signings.

I think he's delusional if he thinks we'll be in play-off zone by then - and I hope I'm wrong. Weak defence, impotent strikers.

JoePass
31-08-2017, 10:17 PM
#faith and all that:

That's your view. If we need to kick-on then we have Jan window remember but we'll still be top 7 come then 👍

I wish I could easily find his tweet earlier in the month where we were aiming for 2 more signings.

I think he's delusional if he thinks we'll be in play-off zone by then - and I hope I'm wrong. Weak defence, impotent strikers.

He is no delusional..watch this space.

uysapie
31-08-2017, 10:19 PM
#faith and all that:

That's your view. If we need to kick-on then we have Jan window remember but we'll still be top 7 come then ��

Apparently only the fans see the shortcomings in the squad.

uysapie
31-08-2017, 10:19 PM
He is no delusional..watch this space.

Glass overflowing?

uysapie
31-08-2017, 10:20 PM
After some of the so called strikers we have had over the years, excluding Hughes, I am happy with what we have. We are 4h division.

So you are content to stay where we are?

uysapie
31-08-2017, 10:21 PM

I share your concerns, no evidence to date of a prolific striker.

The-Mac pie
31-08-2017, 10:24 PM
We don't need to panic.
I truly believe we have a squad good enough for at least the play-offs.
Strengthening in the January window will enhance our push towards promotion.
It's been a long time since I have felt optimistic about our chances to gain promotion.
There will be many that will shoot this post down in flames
However I'm up for a wager!!
Anyone?
It's a long season
But we are more than capable of the play-offs

durhampie
31-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Yes it will, Stead should not have been offered a new contract, his legs have gone and he falls over too easilly . We only play him because AH bullshi**ed him up as one of the best strikers in the football league..

tarquinbeech
01-09-2017, 12:21 AM
I have just sat and watched the whole of the Accy game.....finally my iFollow account allowed me.

We are definitely missing a pacy forward.....too many balls are pumped up aimlessly into the air......and lastly, our defence is leakier than a Swiss Cheese.....keep backing over 3.5 goals per game

DelroyFacey22
01-09-2017, 08:06 AM
He claimed a league one club was interested in Stead... There's no way I'm believing that.

I agree with him about Ameobi being one of the better forwards in the league but unfortunately he's also a striker that won't put the ball in the net himself that often and if he gets injured I don't rate any other striker we have to be honest.

Bridg4d_Pie_
01-09-2017, 08:52 AM

I think I will raise my glass to this keldsyke. ;D

BigFatPie
01-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Can't ever remember a time when the particular deficiencies in the squad are so obvious to everyone.

Nolan agrees otherwise he wouldn't have tried to get Walker and Hirst. It's a shame because the team is showing promise but we now be screwed if we get a couple of injuries.