PDA

View Full Version : Fizzy pop time

LSArab
01-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Hard to raise any enthusiasm for this even when we are playing well

I hope ray learns from last season and rests a lot of players.

He said last season when we lost to Hamilton that too many matches was a factor - surely he is not going to repeat his mistakes again by targeting a run in a cup competition we do not want to be part of

Pressure is on Ray after St Mirren but we would not benefit from a reaction that saw us win in the challenge cup

Use tomorrow for youngsters and players that need a run out

Great day last season fair enough but I have no appetite for us to make effort to try and win this thing again

SmedDUm
01-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Hard to raise any enthusiasm for this even when we are playing well

I hope ray learns from last season and rests a lot of players.

He said last season when we lost to Hamilton that too many matches was a factor - surely he is not going to repeat his mistakes again by targeting a run in a cup competition we do not want to be part of

Pressure is on Ray after St Mirren but we would not benefit from a reaction that saw us win in the challenge cup

Use tomorrow for youngsters and players that need a run out

Great day last season fair enough but I have no appetite for us to make effort to try and win this thing again

You have no enthusiasm for the game but strangely have the enthusiasm to post your disparaging view?

Yeah let's get beat tomorrow & I wonder who would be first on to phukn moan?

Chick A Saw
01-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Dont want a run in this one this year, but i dont want to go out with a wimper to a lower team.

Work allows so i will be there, even if the youngsters get us to the final again.

Not 100% sure what the team will be, but depending on injuries, i would go....

Deniz,
Toshney, Quinn, Edge, Dailly
Chalmers, Briels, Fyvie, King
N'Koyi, Piggot

darrenshedtastic
01-09-2017, 02:50 PM
alloa will be no mugs. itll be a tricky game that we should win but will probably be stuffy.

i want us to use this cup as a opportunity for out of favor players or youngsters to steak a claim for the starting 11.

be interesting if we did lose tomorrow? what would the reaction be like? alot of people dont really care about this cup as the league is priority so would people use it as another shocking Ray team? or be like meh?

SmedDUm
01-09-2017, 03:12 PM
alloa will be no mugs. itll be a tricky game that we should win but will probably be stuffy.

i want us to use this cup as a opportunity for out of favor players or youngsters to steak a claim for the starting 11.

be interesting if we did lose tomorrow? what would the reaction be like? alot of people dont really care about this cup as the league is priority so would people use it as another shocking Ray team? or be like meh?

Less meh, more meltdown.
The posters who constantly lambast it will be the first to call for McKinnon's head if we lose.
Ye just cannae win.

LSArab
01-09-2017, 05:00 PM
You have no enthusiasm for the game but strangely have the enthusiasm to post your disparaging view?

Yeah let's get beat tomorrow & I wonder who would be first on to phukn moan?

I care about united. I don't want us to make the same mistake as last year. It's very important we get promoted this season. Pretty simple really why this is a worthwhile discussion

one team in city
01-09-2017, 06:21 PM
I care about united. I don't want us to make the same mistake as last year. It's very important we get promoted this season. Pretty simple really why this is a worthwhile discussion

after that showing on sat in paisley i would play the same team who let us down badly **** giving them time of only my opinion ftd

An old shed boy
01-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Less meh, more meltdown.
The posters who constantly lambast it will be the first to call for McKinnon's head if we lose.
Ye just cannae win.

No they won't.
Us posters who constantly lambast Mackinnon are guys who are fed up watching the performances of his teams in the league.
None of us are interested in this competition.
After last week maybe he should consider putting out a strong team as his fans on here keep referring to our unfit players.

arab81
01-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Ray's constantly telling us our first 11 aren't fit, so play them and let's get them fit.

offshore_arab83
02-09-2017, 09:50 AM
No they won't.
Us posters who constantly lambast Mackinnon are guys who are fed up watching the performances of his teams in the league.
None of us are interested in this competition.
After last week maybe he should consider putting out a strong team as his fans on here keep referring to our unfit players.

good post

Chick A Saw
02-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Im really struggling to put into words what i really feel about todays game. Maybe its because i dont care about this cup, but when i swap my money for a seat, i at least expect to be entertained. However, if that is what has been on show in the last 2 games, i am bloody glad ive missed them!

Flood may have scored a cracker at the end, but that in no way excuses him for the display he put in today. Alloa didnt deserve to be beaten 3-1 today!

arab81
02-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Was for f*cking awful

shedboy71
02-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Was for f*cking awful

makes me wonder why so many are putting up with it and having a go at any poster who dares calling out what has been obvious now for over a year

Chick A Saw
02-09-2017, 07:34 PM
makes me wonder why so many are putting up with it and having a go at any poster who dares calling out what has been obvious now for over a year

Writings been on the wall for longer than a year! And this PatG will be at the next home game, but if i it isnt worth it, i will certainly considering other things to spend my money on rather than lining someone elses pocket!

An old shed boy
02-09-2017, 07:46 PM
It's a sad fact that after only a few games many posters are calling for Mackinnon to go before it's too late.
We're not allowed to criticise him for today because it's fizzy cup and there were a few young guys in the team.
But does his body language not tell you he's out of his depth.

shedka
02-09-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm not defending last week in Paisley however to moan about today in a nothing game with the side we had out just shows some have it in for McKinnon

Anyway I'm sure I make that played 6 won 6 so far at Tannadice (and 1 defeat in 31 during his reign), hopefully 7/7 next week (where 3 pts *could* see us top of the table)

geofoxposse
02-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I watched on the zone today which was good quality till the last 2 goals.

I was disappointed at the quality and cohesion of the youngsters in particular today. Flood is a good asset and should be used in the Dev squad to show the workmate needed and first team only for this cup and emergencies.

Chick A Saw
02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
It's a sad fact that after only a few games many posters are calling for Mackinnon to go before it's too late.
We're not allowed to criticise him for today because it's fizzy cup and there were a few young guys in the team.
But does his body language not tell you he's out of his depth.

If he continues to play Willo Flood, then its obvious he doesnt have a feckin clue!

Everything was far too slow today until N'Koyi found his feet. And things didnt really click until King and Stanton came on.

And on Stanton, if his knees are an issue, someone needs to look at how he runs and figure out if there is a link there! It also needs to be done soon as he will be missed if he sits on the sidelines!

Chick A Saw
02-09-2017, 08:20 PM
I watched on the zone today which was good quality till the last 2 goals.

I was disappointed at the quality and cohesion of the youngsters in particular today. Flood is a good asset and should be used in the Dev squad to show the workmate needed and first team only for this cup and emergencies.

But Flood was the one who was causing the issue today. Sad to say he has had his time and i would keep him as far away as possible from the Dev Squad!

An old shed boy
02-09-2017, 08:22 PM
I'm not defending last week in Paisley however to moan about today in a nothing game with the side we had out just shows some have it in for McKinnon

Anyway I'm sure I make that played 6 won 6 so far at Tannadice (and 1 defeat in 31 during his reign), hopefully 7/7 next week (where 3 pts *could* see us top of the table)
Quote as many statistics as you like.
Today was just another in a long line with poor performance.
We win games because we have better players not because that clown did anything.
If you think the imposter of a manager is good for United then you're entitled to your opinion.
Many of us disagree and we're entitled to our opinion.
No doubt when he's sacked you'll tell us he would have turned it round just as you supported the other charlatan macnamara.

shedka
02-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Just posting facts, sorry if they upset you, at no point did I say anything about being good,it's far too early this season to be talking about McKinnon's position, I said lay season he needed another summer window and 2-3 months of the league season, he has had a good window and we are only 4 games in, a win next week could take us top

As for McNamara, we wouldn't have gone down has he remained that season imo, plus i was proved correct when I said at the time there was no point sacking him unless we have a better replacement lined up, we didn't, Mixu appointment took us down

Just like there would be no point having ST leave if there is no viable replacement waiting in the wing

RAM1971
02-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Just posting facts, sorry if they upset you, at no point did I say anything about being good,it's far too early this season to be talking about McKinnon's position, I said lay season he needed another summer window and 2-3 months of the league season, he has had a good window and we are only 4 games in, a win next week could take us top

As for McNamara, we wouldn't have gone down has he remained that season imo, plus i was proved correct when I said at the time there was no point sacking him unless we have a better replacement lined up, we didn't, Mixu appointment took us down

Just like there would be no point having ST leave if there is no viable replacement waiting in the wing

I couldn't agree more with the two highlighted points made by Shedz. Point 1 is proved solidly by Jackie staving of relegation with York City. We need him back at Tannadice now!

Point 2. Without ST our decline might be more rapid than our current slow progression towards obscurity. With ST at the helm we just might have our beloved Club that wee bit longer than if someone else took charge. Of course it's possible things would work out for the better if ST went now, but we shouldn't take the risk.

darrenshedtastic
02-09-2017, 09:18 PM
dont agree that jackie would have kept us up. the guy was on his last legs and had ran out of ideas. his best players had left and he replaced them with cheap,young options looking to find the hidden gem like he did with robertson and ciftci.

i do think jackie should have been given the partick game. the st j game was shocking and rightly a sackable offence but the following week away to partick was 12th v 11th (i think) it was a massive game. he should have been given that game imo if we won then it might have been the boost we needed if we lost or even drew then it was jotters. by going to firhill with an experienced (1st team level) bowman in charge, we ended up getting pumped at hitting rock bottom there going into an international break aswell.

Thompson has done many things wrong but i hate the fact he is only mentioned the majority of the time when weve lost a game. i hardly him mentioned when we won the first 3 games but as soon as we got beat by saints its popped up again.
thompson will never get his reputation back with some fans so the best thing is for him to leave but it does depend on a reliable replacement who wants to take over being available and so far that doesnt look likely.

Chick A Saw
02-09-2017, 09:27 PM

Im torn between giving Ray a chance and worried that im seeing the same thing i saw before Jackie was sacked. Yes Ray has his own squad now, but its the same rubbish football that all managers around him seems to have figured out, and it seems he cant change it.

You might have been confident that Jackie would have got us back to safety, but i predicted way before i was singing with the St Johnstone fans that we were on our way to relegation. Mixu just perpetuated the problem with some pig headed team choices.

And what does ST actually do for the club that you want him to stay?

An old shed boy
02-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Just posting facts, sorry if they upset you, at no point did I say anything about being good,it's far too early this season to be talking about McKinnon's popsition, I said lay season he needed another summer window and 2-3 months of the league season, he has had a good window and we are only 4 games in, a win next week could take us top

No need to apologise for quoting statistics as opposed to facts.
You support Ray which is fine.
I, like plenty others, don't which is also fine.
We can only hope that your confidence is justified or f uck knows what the future holds.
Sacking Jackie was right but too late and appointing Mixu was a disaster.
And appointing Ray was equally as bad.

arab81
03-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Old ground here but Jackie would've 100% took us down, mixu just made sure of it. I stand by mixu wouldn't have finished lower than 3rd last season, that's how bad a manager ray is. I predict he'll be gone by the fireworks time.

RAM1971
03-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Returning to the topic. We shouldn't be in the Challenge Cup if we are not intent on competing for it. Last season our Cup win was the only 'Fizzy Therapy' we got all season. Nevertheless the competition has been further discredited by the inclusion of additional schoolboy outfits who can't even compete against League 2 outfits. It also seems that our putting out a general second string of players 'desirous' to impress has not resulted in an improved quality of performance? Worrying days indeed!

LSArab
03-09-2017, 04:04 PM
My own view-

If Jackie wasn't sacked we wouldn't have been relegated though we might not have done great. We had better squad then most of bottom 6.

Wheels came off with tombola mixu. Every time we turned a corner he would change the team and mess things up again. His line ups were mind boggling

The key match was conceding equaliser in last minute versus Fun - a combination of telfer falling over ball and Zwick making horrendous error

If we had won that we'd have got some momentum, Jackie more time and we would likely have stayed up

imo core of problem is ST. I don't buy that there needs to be a gold plated replacement. Just need to have over to fans / anyone with interest in club. But I'd imagine his asking price is what is holding things back?! The final hurdle

Arabs4ever
03-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Jackie would have taken us down imo. Everyone though is entitled to their own opinion. Mixu was totally horrific as a manager. He was playing one upfront when in his first game against Hearts if he went with two upfront it could have been oh so different. He didn't like Bodul but the difference between a good manager and a bad manager is that a good one uses all the players available to him no matter what he thinks of them.

It seems lost on all managers of DUFC recently that they have paying customers who want to see their team win football games. Definition is to score more goals than the opposition. The way DUFC play just now is they invite the opposition on to them from the first whistle. Its the same after half-time, what does he say, preserve your energy until the last ten minutes when we've played the first eighty minutes absolutely clueless.

Transfer windows do not do anything for football. Say we change our manager and he has identified a player that could maybe sort out our slump in form. He has to wait until the next window, yet the fans have to tolerate the same sh!te. We could go for an out of contract player but match fitness is a problem. I think fans are getting short changed and until these transfer windows are done away the product will continue to get worse.

Anyway whats happened about the old reserve league coming back? I've just seen the same old U20's games getting played? Was that just another bullsh!t story from the people "running the game?"

shedboy71
03-09-2017, 10:34 PM
No debate - no stats just football. Jackie would have taken us down. No question at all. Mixu was wrong appt - so is Ray. I am negative blah blah blah

Mr_Brightside
05-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Linfield at home in the next round

LSArab
05-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Linfield at home in the next round

Interesting match to be fair

Hopefully won't cause too many policing problems

Good that at home and not away