PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Port Vale

Carlton_Pie
03-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Surprisingly no one has done this yet, so here goes with an average performance as 6.

Collin: 8-came for for crosses when the defence was struggling and kicking was strong.

Hunt: 5- looked a bit short of match practice and off the pace, no surprise when taken off and Hewitt went to RB

Duffy: 7.5- brave, determined and vocal, stood up well to Pope.

Brisley: 7-As Duffy

Jones: 9 (MOM)- WOW, where did that performance come from? One fantastic goal saving tackle on Pope where he managed to catch up with the striker who had a 10-15 yard head start. Also cleared one of the line. General defending was also solid, he's set the standard now.

Hawkridge: 6- Never really impacted the game, no surprise when taken off.

Yates: 6- Worked hard but very little going forward

Hewitt 6: Similar to Yates but slotted in well at RB and CB when required

Grant: 7- not his best game but still provided an assist for the all important goal.

Ameobi: 4- offered little, well marshalled by Port Vale. Good move by Nolan to take him off early in 2nd half

Stead: 6- did well with the poor service he received all game. Won more in the air than Ameobi and was a general nuisance to the Vale backline. Worked incredibly hard when down to 10 men

Subs:

Milsom: 7- worked hard but managed to pick up a few more loose balls than Hewitt/Yates and pick out a Notts player with a pass.

Forte: 7- looked lively when he came on. Notts managed to get him in down the flanks a few times which resulted in a throw in or corner. He must be close to a starting place.

Allessandra: 7- scored the winner! Looks more like a striker that wants to get in the box rather than a winger.

Frigiliana Pie 1
03-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I think that's a fair summary, though I'd have made Duffy MOTM. Hunt took a knock not long before being taken off and that was probably the reason for his substitution.

Just as they did against Chesterfield, the defence looked solid with Duffy and Brisley working together well as a pair. Unfortunately it was all very disjointed up front and I wonder whether some kind of 4-3-3 formation (or 4-5-1, which is virtually the same thing) might work better than the 4-4-2 in which the front two aren't linking up with each other.

What wasn't in doubt was the effort and commitment shown by the whole team which was first class throughout the match.

TheBlackHorse
03-09-2017, 07:43 PM
... Duffy MOTM ... you shirly are having a larf! Whilst he was capable for much of the game (therefore '6') on several occasions he simply did not jump to attempt a header but instead tried (unsuccessfully) to pretend to be fouled. The man is finished and a disgrace - score 3.5. Drop him!

Carlton_Pie
03-09-2017, 08:44 PM
... Duffy MOTM ... you shirly are having a larf! Whilst he was capable for much of the game (therefore '6') on several occasions he simply did not jump to attempt a header but instead tried (unsuccessfully) to pretend to be fouled. The man is finished and a disgrace - score 3.5. Drop him!

You're correct to say he wasn't MOM but to call him a disgrace and score him 3.5 is also way off the mark

durhampie
03-09-2017, 11:24 PM
You're correct to say he wasn't MOM but to call him a disgrace and score him 3.5 is also way off the mark

He actually had a good game..And did his bit to ensure the win.....

tarquinbeech
04-09-2017, 12:33 AM

I'm assuming that this is a bit of unlicensed fishing?........nobody in a winning side deserves 3.5, though I agree that he was not MOTM.

Jones possibly....this guy is starting to impress me, attacking intent with above average defending abilities (his sliding tackle inside the box after a 30 yard run was World class)

Collin had nothing much to do......our aging twosome were AWOL.....Hawk ineffictive and Aless an instant hit (even off his todger).

Strange game....I'm surprised that we managed to edit a highlights package!!

3 points in the bag.....everyone a 6......Jones 7.5