PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium Design

Pages : [1] 2

red_mist
03-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Personally speaking, I would love to stay at a redeveloped Pittodrie, but the board have clearly made up their mind.

I'm not against Kingsford. We only play at home once a fortnight - a shuttle bus from town isnt a hardship.......

PROVIDED WE HAVE A QUALITY, ATMOSPHERIC STADIUM DESIGN*

*steep stands,stands tight to pitch - i.e. nothing like Bristol Rovers' plan. Ferencvaros was a decent example on previous posts. Hearts will also have a decent ground in a few months. A design that could be expanded in future years would also be worthwhile.

For me there are two debates:

- Kingsford Y/N

- Stadium design: Atmospheric vs Cheap off-the-shelf design

Lets focus on these issues separately. Stadium design in this forum.

NIMBYs, lack of pubs etc., transport etc. on the other forum.

I'm sure there will be beer tents/bars at the new ground in some form. I think a lot of fans are missing the point. We need to make sure the stadium design is right and everything else will work out fine.

Dozens of good 20,000 / £50M stadium designs out there - why dont the board go on a fact finding trip across Europe and see how its done and make this the best stadium it can be.

This stadium is going to be here long after we've gone - lets do it right!

Landvetter83
03-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Affordable Lounges with Bar and pre-match snacks would be a starter for ten for me.

I was at ParkRed in 2014. £60 Lounge access and match ticket was f@cking ace - for a Cup Final.

Mr_Grieves
03-09-2017, 09:45 PM
*steep stands,stands tight to pitch - i.e. nothing like Bristol Rovers' plan. Ferencvaros was a decent example on previous posts. Hearts will also have a decent ground in a few months. A design that could be expanded in future years would also be worthwhile.

The Kingsford design is nothing like the proposed new Bristol Rovers stadium. The stand design on all 4 sides of Kingsford is based on the South Stand at Ashton Gate - home of Bristol City.

Mr_Grieves
03-09-2017, 09:59 PM
South Stand at Ashton Gate:

afc1903mad
03-09-2017, 10:01 PM
South Stand at Ashton Gate:

Seems decent and steep enough for me.

Mr_Grieves
03-09-2017, 10:26 PM
It looks alright to me as well, steep stands with a large concourse area like the Richard Donald Lower.

BorneoRed
03-09-2017, 10:33 PM
It looks alright to me as well, steep stands with a large concourse area like the Richard Donald Lower.

Looks great. Guaranteed increase in crowds if we had a stadium based on this design. (for the first season anyway)

stansmith
03-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Dozens of good 20,000 / £50M stadium designs out there - why dont the board go on a fact finding trip across Europe and see how its done and make this the best stadium it can be.

They did go on a fact finding mission across Europe.

That's what happens when you send the likes of George Yule out to choose your new stadium design and hire people who have never designed a stadium in their life.

You mention Ferencvaros where Hungary were playing tonight. See the standing area, the stands above the pitch and proper corners.

https://i.imgur.com/5nVIjYD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GBiNH7V.jpg

One looks Championship, the other Champions League.

Mr_Grieves
03-09-2017, 11:08 PM
If you're on about "proper corners" - there's seating all 4 corners of the Kingsford design but there's gaps on main stand side at the Groupama Arena.

Still, you know best eh ?

stansmith
03-09-2017, 11:36 PM
If you're on about "proper corners" - there's seating all 4 corners of the Kingsford design but there's gaps on main stand side at the Groupama Arena.

Still, you know best eh ?

Indeed I do. One looks spectacular and the other doesn't. At Kingsford the vehicle access is through a chunk of the stands behind the goals. It's all over the place.

https://i.imgur.com/QMbnefP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vGXHlL3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZNkiD2r.png

https://i.imgur.com/lwmsaUl.jpg

sancho_panza
04-09-2017, 12:33 AM
I think a lot of fans are missing the point. We need to make sure the stadium design is right and everything else will work out fine.

It's more or less the exact opposite. People can live with a mediocre stadium (nobody would design a stadium that looks like Pittodrie yet we all still go) but transport will completely kill it if they don't get it right. It's the single biggest issue.

As for the design itself, I don't have a problem with it. It's not greatly imaginative, but it still looks miles better than what we have.

stansmith
04-09-2017, 12:42 AM
It's more or less the exact opposite. People can live with a mediocre stadium (nobody would design a stadium that looks like Pittodrie yet we all still go) but transport will completely kill it if they don't get it right. It's the single biggest issue.

As for the design itself, I don't have a problem with it. It's not greatly imaginative, but it still looks miles better than what we have.

I believe it's the total opposite of what you say and an incredible stadium would overrule the transport which will never be good enough because it's 6 miles west from the centre. This seems to be the gist of comments and fans are concerned they'll get neither. It certainly is that way at the moment.

Fans will travel and put in the effort to go to something great. They won't for an average stadium that's bad to travel to and out of the way.

Anyway, the design.

sancho_panza
04-09-2017, 01:48 AM
I believe it's the total opposite of what you say and an incredible stadium would overrule the transport which will never be good enough because it's 6 miles west from the centre. This seems to be the gist of comments and fans are concerned they'll get neither. It certainly is that way at the moment.

Fans will travel and put in the effort to go to something great. They won't for an average stadium that's bad to travel to and out of the way.

Anyway, the design.

Obviously a brilliant stadium is going to attract more people than a terrible one. The club should be doing everything they can to make it as appealing as possible. But there are two variables in this equation (quality of the stadium and how much it costs / how long it takes to go to and from the thing everytime you want to watch a game) and the idea the quality of the stadium is more important than the transport time is frankly just complete nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

If it were some kind of globally significant architectural marvel that people are going to view as an attraction in its own right then fine, but you're essentially balancing aesthetics against people's time and money (the two resources they care about more than any other).

Anyway, the design.

BorneoRed
04-09-2017, 05:53 AM

Anyway, the design.

Stan, you seem to be clutching at straws now.
You are in the vast minority that dislike the stadium, which along with a few on here are entitled to your opinion.
Personally, I think the design for Kingsford is good. Bear in mind that the inside of the stadium has not been decided and we, as fans, will have a say in the design, albeit maybe a small say.
The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing. To say its an inconvenience is a very poor statement. The one thing I do agree on is the parking debate, but it's certainly not a show stopper. There are thousands of fans travelling further every week.

RealPompeyDon
04-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Ferencvaros ground is really nice, really like Stade de Rheims, holds just over 20,000.

gooby
04-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Personally speaking, I would love to stay at a redeveloped Pittodrie, but the board have clearly made up their mind.

I'm not against Kingsford. We only play at home once a fortnight - a shuttle bus from town isnt a hardship.......

PROVIDED WE HAVE A QUALITY, ATMOSPHERIC STADIUM DESIGN*

For me there are two debates:

- Kingsford Y/N

- Stadium design: Atmospheric vs Cheap off-the-shelf design

I'm sure there will be beer tents/bars at the new ground in some form. I think a lot of fans are missing the point. We need to make sure the stadium design is right and everything else will work out fine.

We can't have the stands close and tight to the pitch. You need to have a run off behind the goals and a track at the sides to meet UEFA requirements. This is the major issue as to why we are moving from pittodrie in the 1st place.

Getintaethem
04-09-2017, 07:57 AM
The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing.

Nah, Stan will be able to walk from westhill to the stadium. Who knows, he may even start going to games.

Getintaethem
04-09-2017, 08:00 AM

Yep, this stadium in Bristol looks fantastic!

afc1903mad
04-09-2017, 08:34 AM

Anyway, the design.

Utter b0ll0cks.
I don't go to the ground to watch the stadium, I go to watch the team.
To that end, the new stadium and training facilities give the Dons a platform to progress.
If you were a true fan, youd recognise that.

Jussi
04-09-2017, 08:42 AM
If you were a true fan, .

baby talk

afc1903mad
04-09-2017, 08:56 AM
baby talk

Poor.

Entitled to your opinions, but stansmith has chosen the wrong time and the wrong platform to make his points.
He also shows little reflection on the responses and reasons to peddle falacies in his points.
He's joined this site purely to Troll his objections to a move to Kingsford.

Let me ask you both a question.
Does the stadium impact whether you will watch the Don's or not?

64syrupofjarvie
04-09-2017, 09:14 AM
I need a seat and a view and a roof! I'll get masel there and back one way or another too!

donsdaft
04-09-2017, 09:22 AM
I am already on record as saying that most doubts about the move will be forgotten if they build something to be proud of.

With regard to the filled in corners.

Remember the problems at the San Siro with the pitch were put down to the stadium stopping the wind drying the pitch out.

I just sat facing the main stand ( with the gaps) in Budapest a couple of weeks ago.
It actually took a while to notice that the seating didn't go the whole way round.

The gaps obviously provide access in and out of the stadium and may help with the ventilation of the pitch.
The roof went the whole way round the stadium though, which did a great job of disguising the gaps in the seating.

The main stand is different anyway with all of the corporate boxes etc.

The whole thing is the dogs bollox.

Getintaethem
04-09-2017, 09:24 AM
If you were a fan, youd recognise that.

changed it for you as you were inaccurate. he is not a fan at all, never was. has no knowledge of the problems at Pittodrie and his only "knowledge" of Pittodrie comes from the NoKingsford campaign briefs as he has proven on many occasions on here.

on Abmad, we do not call out one fan being better than another fan... but we do call out when someone is not a fan at all and is pretending to be one for his own NIMBY crusade.

Mr_Grieves
04-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Indeed I do. One looks spectacular and the other doesn't. At Kingsford the vehicle access is through a chunk of the stands behind the goals. It's all over the place.

The Kingsford design incorporates seating around the whole of the ground without having 2 large gaps for vehicle access like the Groupama Arena does.

The lower roof design at Kingsford would be better acoustically than than the higher one at Groupama.

donsdaft
04-09-2017, 10:18 AM
I couldn't disagree more Grievsey min.

The acoustics at Groupama are superb. ( most opera houses don't look like sheds)

Provided they get the stands steep enough then the whole look and feel of the thing comes down to the roof.

We don't want anything too arty, keeping the rain off is number 1 priority but it's really important to get the roof right.

That Bristol city stand looks fine but the roof looks s'hite.

Atmosphere is the really important thing but asthetics is important too.

Although I understand the idea of just watching the team, we can do that at Pittodrie.

If we must build away from the foot of Merkland Road East then I want to stand outside the stadium feeling proud of our ground.

I don't want to look at what is basically four tin sheds with the corners filled in.

The design of the roof makes the difference.

stansmith
04-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Utter b0ll0cks.
I don't go to the ground to watch the stadium, I go to watch the team.
To that end, the new stadium and training facilities give the Dons a platform to progress.
If you were a true fan, youd recognise that.

You and the other window licker can give it a rest now. That's your opinion.

You're one of these Brits conditioned to think like that - turn up to stare gormlessly at the pitch and not care where you are. That's fine, that's your opinion. Lots of people care about where they are and what the stadium is like. Look at this thread.

Stan, you seem to be clutching at straws now.
You are in the vast minority that dislike the stadium, which along with a few on here are entitled to your opinion.
Personally, I think the design for Kingsford is good. Bear in mind that the inside of the stadium has not been decided and we, as fans, will have a say in the design, albeit maybe a small say.
The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing. To say its an inconvenience is a very poor statement. The one thing I do agree on is the parking debate, but it's certainly not a show stopper. There are thousands of fans travelling further every week.

I'm definitely not in the vast minority that dislike the stadium design. Potentially around 60% don't like going by the poll from the other week.

The stadium design has been set as far as it appears. The interior, such as standing, is all that could be changed.

Last mention of this on this thread, it's also clearly not right that 10km from the city's pubs and restaurants is not an inconvenience, but if you don't think that there's nothing that will convince you.

Getintaethem
04-09-2017, 11:28 AM
You and the other window licker can give it a rest now. That's your opinion.

You're one of these Brits conditioned to think like that - turn up to stare gormlessly at the pitch and not care where you are. That's fine, that's your opinion. Lots of people care about where they are and what the stadium is like. Look at this thread.

"stare gormlessly at the pitch" as opposed to you sitting at home watching reruns of One Foot in the Grave at 3pm on a Saturday.

Mr_Grieves
04-09-2017, 12:56 PM
I couldn't disagree more Grievsey min.

The acoustics at Groupama are superb. ( most opera houses don't look like sheds)

Provided they get the stands steep enough then the whole look and feel of the thing comes down to the roof.

We don't want anything too arty, keeping the rain off is number 1 priority but it's really important to get the roof right.

That Bristol city stand looks fine but the roof looks s'hite.

Atmosphere is the really important thing but asthetics is important too.

Although I understand the idea of just watching the team, we can do that at Pittodrie.

If we must build away from the foot of Merkland Road East then I want to stand outside the stadium feeling proud of our ground.

I don't want to look at what is basically four tin sheds with the corners filled in.

The design of the roof makes the difference.

Going by the photo on post#6 it should be steep enough.

If we get enough like minded folk standing/sitting together I'm sure we'll be heard, a few hours in the boozer before kick-off would help.

donsdaft
04-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Where to sit is going to be a problem to begin with.I'm getting used to the idea, although just the thought of that final Pittodrie game brings tears to my eyes.

People have been going to Pittodrie for so long that their choice of seat is almost a social class choice.
I said almost before anyone rips that apart.

There won't be a "Y"
Well not to start with anyway.

I suppose there will be an equivalent of the Main Stand.
Same side as the dug outs, posher seating or whatever.

If they go for a standing area that'll take care of the behind the goal supporter ( they won't go for standing)

Personally I prefer being towards King Street rather than the Beach, although I used to buy 4 season tickets for me and the kids in the RDU, and obviously frequented the Beach End at one point.

No matter which direction the new stadium is oriented I'm still going to think of the layout in terms of Pittodrie.

So my choice of seat will be in the South Stand, central enough but towards the King Street End.

Preferably at the end of a row about half way up the terracing.

If you are looking in Mr. Yule, I might just be prepared to pay some sort of deposit to secure this seat before the building work even starts.

Obviously, coming up with this wonderful idea I wouldn't expect you to actually charge me.

InversneckieDob
04-09-2017, 04:30 PM
I must admit, I like the idea of a "complex" rather than just a "grun", and, because of the demographic round the Pitt now, that's nae possible.

Years ago, we should've gotten our hands on the gasometer land and Linksfield (or a sizeable area doon the beach) and done this in situ.

But we never, partly because the (then) Gasboard tried to mug off Chairman Dick and largely because of Chris's untimely, early demise.

Dick was a parsimonious pragmatist, we'd have never had the success we had without Chris.

Had Chris lived until the age he should've, we wouldnae have ended up boxed in a corner like we are.
We'd have either moved years ago, or we'd be in a wise-like scenario wi the Pitt.....and a training facility.
Chris was the visionary, the man behind the seated ground, they guy that knew the way the wind was blowing.

But we are where we are.
We either shift, or spend a fortune getting the Pitt up to scratch and spend another fortune on a separate training facility many a mile fae AB24.

Shifting strikes me as the right way to go....BUT it has to be done right.

A proper grun wi character, a world class training centre, Grade A transport links to the new grun, facilities at the grun (bars, kid friendly restaurants, "things of interest" for folk that dinna want to eat or peeve) all while still having a decent product on the park.

It's nae gan to be easy, but it's the only realistic option as far as I can see.

Oh.....and I mind the outcry in the late 70s......when they seated "the ground".

Tad short sighted.

red_mist
04-09-2017, 08:09 PM
They did go on a fact finding mission across Europe.

That's what happens when you send the likes of George Yule out to choose your new stadium design and hire people who have never designed a stadium in their life.

You mention Ferencvaros where Hungary were playing tonight. See the standing area, the stands above the pitch and proper corners.

https://i.imgur.com/5nVIjYD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GBiNH7V.jpg

One looks Championship, the other Champions League.

Well put Stan - the Bristol City corners look like they were filled in as an afterthought - "Ibrox-esque"......... say no more.

This is our chance to get a great Stadium - after our loyalty and great history we deserve far better than the Ashton Gate of the north.

Pacman1903
04-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Well put Stan - the Bristol City corners look like they were filled in as an afterthought - "Ibrox-esque"......... say no more.

Exactly what ive said about our new amazing ground. Its as if they have filled the corners once they have worked out whats going behind them. Looks sh@te

red_mist
04-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Entitled to your opinions, but stansmith has chosen the wrong time and the wrong platform to make his points.
He also shows little reflection on the responses and reasons to peddle falacies in his points.
He's joined this site purely to Troll his objections to a move to Kingsford.

Let me ask you both a question.
Does the stadium impact whether you will watch the Don's or not?

Troll alert

By your logic, why have any ambition in life? Just accept what comes eh?

Take it or leave it is your mantra across this Forum

I've said this before, I'm sure you're either on the board or close to it - why dont you report back that the fans want a say in how OUR stadium will look. We'll effectively be paying for it for the next 100 years.......

Then again - it seems democracy doesnt figure too high in your priorities.

Mason89
04-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Bear in mind that the inside of the stadium has not been decided and we, as fans, will have a say in the design, albeit maybe a small say.

The fans should have zero input, which is great because you would need to be barking mad to think Milne will give us one.

The travel (6 miles, I assume that's how far you have to travel) is absolutely nothing. To say its an inconvenience is a very poor statement.

It's 6 miles. It's why Motherwell aren't called Hamilton Accies. It's not a huge distance but you have to be very careful about moving a club that far out its community. I can't think of too many success stories

Jupiter
04-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Not another new stadium thread.

stansmith
04-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Troll alert

I've said this before, I'm sure you're either on the board or close to it - why dont you report back that the fans want a say in how OUR stadium will look. We'll effectively be paying for it for the next 100 years.......

Yup. My 3 stalkers have lost their minds in the process of this.

Stadium looks tinpot. If we're selling our soul and moving out of Aberdeen in an effort to reach heady European heights, build a European stadium that everyone will love.

Not a lesser copy of one redeveloped stand of a fckin football/rugby stadium.

People saying about the corners look like an afterthought, it's because they're copied from a redeveloped ground where they had to plunk them where they could fit it. This is a blank canvas and they've copied that. It's really unbelievable and unacceptable.

afc1903mad
04-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Troll alert

Lol, I'm not the troll and neither am I close to the board.
If you read up on it, there's been a number of public consultations and the club has said the stadium is not set in stone and there will be an opportunity for feedback.
That's not good enough for you I suppose

afc1903mad
04-09-2017, 09:44 PM
The fans should have zero input, which is great because you would need to be barking mad to think Milne will give us one.

It's 6 miles. It's why Motherwell aren't called Hamilton Accies. It's not a huge distance but you have to be very careful about moving a club that far out its community. I can't think of too many success stories

Where exactly is the community you refer to?
It's a Myth as people travel from afar to watch Aberdeen.

I gave a couple of examples before (Lyon and Nice if I recall) where the stadiums were further away from the centre than Kingsford and successfully used shuttle buses.
They're hardly poor examples of clubs derailing by moving out of the city centre

Pacman1903
04-09-2017, 09:46 PM
We definitely getting shuttle busses? Lol

Getintaethem
04-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Yup. My 3 stalkers have lost their minds in the process of this.

If we're selling our soul and moving out of Aberdeen in an effort to reach heady European heights, build a European stadium that everyone will love.

Stalkers now! If you do not like people replying to your posts on a public forum, there is an easy answer.

Perhaps people are taking exception at you reiterating falsehoods from the No Kingsford campaign. It is as if, you were part of that campaign and not an Aberdeen fan at all. :O

So, if we build a stadium that you approve of you at Westhill will dismiss your objections to the stadium? Didn't think so. As you have said, all that needs to change at Pittodrie is the main stand. It is as if, you were part of that campaign and not an Aberdeen fan at all. :O

Getintaethem
04-09-2017, 09:48 PM
We definitely getting shuttle busses? Lol

They were going to use shuttle buses at Loiriston. Perhaps they dont need to as travel links will be so good...

Pacman1903
04-09-2017, 09:53 PM
They were going to use shuttle buses at Loiriston. Perhaps they dont need to as travel links will be so good...

Pretty sure id have to head to Aberdeen to get to Kingsford from my midden.

Pittodrie is one bus ride away if i want a pint pre game which it winna be at Kingsford

Kingsford will be driving, which i do on the odd occasion. to Pittodrie which has been made easier by the third Don crossing even thiugh it wasnt a chore in the first pla e

#f@ckitisupposeillhavetodealwithitifithappens

afc1903mad
04-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Lol

Dinna min!

afc1903mad
04-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Pretty sure id have to head to Aberdeen to get to Kingsford from my midden

You'd hit the bypass before you get to Aberdeen.

Pacman1903
04-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Dinna min!

Glad you noticed that

Pacman1903
04-09-2017, 10:04 PM
You'd hit the bypass before you get to Aberdeen.

So i will have to bus to dyce and across. Hope there is a new service introduced. Suppose i could get the 35 to Dyce and get the bus fae the Spiders Web. Then again ill just change my day out that ive become accustom to visit a stadium thats potentially looking sh@te

Mondo,still on for a supporters club. Might be the easier option.

#rotweissoldmeldrum

64syrupofjarvie
04-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Dear Stan, I gotta let this pen cross the line
You took too much ecstasy, I see you lost your mind
You forgotten where you're really from, you're really a bum
On top of that, you're silly and dumb....
See, Stan. I'm getting tired of this pen
And even you diss, I'm not writing you again
Because you need some help, plus your sh#t is trash
You're a young buck, why don't you go and get some ass and relax a little?
See, Stan. this is the end
And don't come to 40th EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER again

notinmyname
04-09-2017, 10:59 PM

good luck with that.... certain progeny of Henson will drag the usual nonsense in....

Dozens of good 20,000 / £50M stadium designs out there.

Sure - but as I've said before the cost of construction in this country is more expensive than the continent so that 50m shrinks quickly (plus includes the training bit).

and while I like positive thoughts, is this not a bit masochistic - looking in the window at the thing you will never have?

BorneoRed
04-09-2017, 11:23 PM

Well that wont bother you as you dont go to games in Aberdeen. As for the distance, get a grip, fans to all clubs travel more than 6 miles. Shaks ma heid at nuggets like this.

Mason89
05-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Where exactly is the community you refer to?
It's a Myth as people travel from afar to watch Aberdeen.

I gave a couple of examples before (Lyon and Nice if I recall) where the stadiums were further away from the centre than Kingsford and successfully used shuttle buses.
They're hardly poor examples of clubs derailing by moving out of the city centre

U.K. examples? I don't follow the French game

Mason89
05-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Well that wont bother you as you dont go to games in Aberdeen. As for the distance, get a grip, fans to all clubs travel more than 6 miles. Shaks ma heid at nuggets like this.

I assumed you were based in Borneo, my mistake. I don't care where they build it but AFC are asking folk from a city who already struggle to support the team, to make an extra effort. It's a bold move when the ground you're building looks sh1te.

BorneoRed
05-09-2017, 01:34 AM
I assumed you were based in Borneo, my mistake. I don't care where they build it but AFC are asking folk from a city who already struggle to support the team, to make an extra effort. It's a bold move when the ground you're building looks sh1te.

Mason, I work in Borneo and live in Thailand. I also pay my redtv annually, purchase from the Dons shop regular, and have travelled back for some games, so I support them when I can. I was a season ticket holder for a spell and also played on the Pittodrie pitch a few times so yes, I have very good memories of the ground going back to the Dryborough cup final. But its definitely time to move.
I personally think the design of the new stadium is good. Of course it could be better, if the board was willing to spend 100M and not the paltry 50M (sarcastic smile).
Our city & shire will never all come and watch the Dons, just look at the buses that go to the 2 cheeks every week, that will never change. But a new stadium with attract more people, which im sure you will agree, no matter where it is built. You never know, you might go to one game. ;D

mondo_notion
05-09-2017, 01:49 AM
Mondo,still on for a supporters club. Might be the easier option.

#rotweissoldmeldrum

Sorry mate, I've booked a space on OneBrianIrvines shuttle hot-air balloon.

stansmith
05-09-2017, 05:43 AM
Stalkers now! If you do not like people replying to your posts on a public forum, there is an easy answer.

Perhaps people are taking exception at you reiterating falsehoods from the No Kingsford campaign. It is as if, you were part of that campaign and not an Aberdeen fan at all.

So, if we build a stadium that you approve of you at Westhill will dismiss your objections to the stadium? Didn't think so. As you have said, all that needs to change at Pittodrie is the main stand. It is as if, you were part of that campaign and not an Aberdeen fan at all.

XD XD XD

Get help.

https://i.imgur.com/vLBkeBj.gif

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 05:46 AM
U.K. examples? I don't follow the French game

Ignorance is not a virtue?
I don't follow the English, Welsh or Norther Irish game either, so not sure why you want to exclude perfectly good examples other than you have no counter argument.

Mason89
05-09-2017, 05:51 AM
Ignorance is not a virtue?
I don't follow the English, Welsh or Norther Irish game either, so not sure why you want to exclude perfectly good examples other than you have no counter argument.

That'll be no then.

So given that there's no obvious example of this working before, what makes us so special? Why will we be different? You're confident it won't be an issue & that's great but it's based on nothing but blind optimism. Same as the board.

We *could* be right in the sh1te when the novelty wears off.

BorneoRed
05-09-2017, 05:55 AM

We WILL be in the sh*te, if it doesnt go through.

Mason89
05-09-2017, 06:14 AM
Mason, I work in Borneo and live in Thailand. I also pay my redtv annually, purchase from the Dons shop regular, and have travelled back for some games, so I support them when I can. I was a season ticket holder for a spell and also played on the Pittodrie pitch a few times so yes, I have very good memories of the ground going back to the Dryborough cup final. But its definitely time to move.
I personally think the design of the new stadium is good. Of course it could be better, if the board was willing to spend 100M and not the paltry 50M (sarcastic smile).
Our city & shire will never all come and watch the Dons, just look at the buses that go to the 2 cheeks every week, that will never change. But a new stadium with attract more people, which im sure you will agree, no matter where it is built. You never know, you might go to one game. ;D

I'll need to up my game if I'm being pulled up for non attendance from Thailand :D

There's a number of factors that put me off but number one on the list, is that I can't really be @rsed. Still go more than you though :)

Mason89
05-09-2017, 06:16 AM
We WILL be in the sh*te, if it doesnt go through.

That's another issue but I don't believe for a second that Milnes telling the whole truth about the state of Pittodrie.

stansmith
05-09-2017, 06:25 AM
That'll be no then.

So given that there's no obvious example of this working before, what makes us so special? Why will we be different? You're confident it won't be an issue & that's great but it's based on nothing but blind optimism. Same as the board.

There are no examples in the UK of moving so far next to so little and using only shuttle buses. It is insane. Someone asked what community for Pittodrie? :? The ones that walk and bus and walk and drive and walk to the same pubs and meet the same people they've done their whole lives. Ridiculous question.

But anyway, people saying the stadium doesn't matter as long as it has a sheltered concourse and a seat basically. Parkhead provides that and everything about it is sh!te and feels a rip off. Tynecastle provides that and the views and noise are incredible and make you desperate to attend.

mastrick1960
05-09-2017, 07:44 AM
That'll be no then.

100% this...

Ground will be ****e...in a ****e location ...
Everyone getting there by car or imaginary buses that this private company are going to provide...whole match day experience shattered ....oh and fvck off with the ' you are not a fan ' just because a large part of our support are not in favour of this move...Milne etc have shafted us for years yet let's all believe the trout about pittodrie being on its last legs...

Bridieeater
05-09-2017, 09:15 AM
100% this...

Everyone getting there by car or imaginary buses that this private company are going to provide...whole match day experience shattered ....oh and fvck off with the ' you are not a fan ' just because a large part of our support are not in favour of this move...Milne etc have shafted us for years yet let's all believe the trout about pittodrie being on its last legs...

whats wrong with taking the bus?

BorneoRed
05-09-2017, 09:23 AM
100% this...

Big f*king yawn to this. Pittodrie is not on it's last legs? Open your eyes min.

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 09:33 AM
That'll be no then.

I gave you examples, you just don't like them
Its all irrelevant to you anyway.
I go to Pittodrie and I'll go to Kingsford.
You don't go to Pittodrie and you likely wont go to Kingsford.

Our stadium is deteriorating as it is and will likely continue to get worse going forward.
We'll most likely be in the sh!t staying where we are and moving at least give us optimisim of stopping the decline and making progression

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 09:48 AM
just because a large part of our support are not in favour of this move...

A large part of the support, maybe.
The majority however are in favour of the move.

fatshaft
05-09-2017, 09:55 AM
U.K. examples? I don't follow the French gameBolton

fatshaft
05-09-2017, 09:55 AM
That'll be no then.

Bolton

Bridieeater
05-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Big f*king yawn to this. Pittodrie is not on it's last legs? Open your eyes min.

i did, and i got p#shed on the last time i was there. The place is an embarrassment and people of Aberdeen have had over 100 years to support the club whilst at Pittodrie and yet we still get a pretty poor turnout of fans from the city. Perhaps the move will encourage more fans from out with the city to attend and if the club encourages the use of supporters clubs and buses then that will hopefully reduce the volume of traffic.

Trying to get out the city in a supporters bus esp during the week is a long drawn out affair. Kingsford will get me home 30 min earlier.

bring it on.

fatshaft
05-09-2017, 09:56 AM
there are no examples in the uk of moving so far next to so little and using only shuttle buses. It is insane. Someone asked what community for pittodrie? :? The ones that walk and bus and walk and drive and walk to the same pubs and meet the same people they've done their whole lives. Ridiculous question.
bolton wanderers

InversneckieDob
05-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Nah......still canna think of a British example.......Fatshaft, you got any idea of one?

Mason89
05-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Boltons a fair shout. They've been one big success story since they moved.

This is a snippet from an away fans guide to the Macron

'Cosy, neat, boring comfort. If you like the plastic family-friendly wipe-clean multiplex experience, the Reebok is as good as it gets'

That's Stewart Milnes wet dream

Mason89
05-09-2017, 10:32 AM
I gave you examples, you just don't like them
Its all irrelevant to you anyway.
I go to Pittodrie and I'll go to Kingsford.
You don't go to Pittodrie and you likely wont go to Kingsford.

Your examples were irrelevant

Our stadium is deteriorating as it is and will likely continue to get worse going forward.
We'll most likely be in the sh!t staying where we are and moving at least give us optimisim of stopping the decline and making progression

You've got Milnes word for that

fatshaft
05-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Boltons a fair shout. They've been one big success story since they moved. until Allardyce left, indeed they were. Though not sure a stadium would reflect success of failure? Man City have gone from strength to strength, Coventry the opposite.

This is a snippet from an away fans guide to the Macron

'Cosy, neat, boring comfort. If you like the plastic family-friendly wipe-clean multiplex experience, the Reebok is as good as it gets'

That's Stewart Milnes wet dream
"away fans guide" :zzz:

Having had more than my fair share of games there, returning to Pittodrie was a horrendous experience in outdated run down ****eness.

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Your examples were irrelevant

Not at all.
There was plenty of European examples of stadium designs posted in these threads.
You can't just put limiters on examples because you don't like the info.

You've got Milnes word for that

Next time you come to Pittodrie, open your eyes.
Do a bit of research
Why is our capacity being reduced?
What is the UEFA regulations for Europa league group stages an beyond and does Pittodrie meet those regulations?
If we want a chance to progress as a club, we need to move into the 21st century, not stay in a building design from the 19th century.
Why would the club want to burden itself with extra cost to have the Facilities in separate locations? Co-facilitation is clearly the most economical way

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 11:07 AM

Having had more than my fair share of games there, returning to Pittodrie was a horrendous experience in outdated run down ****eness.

Mason has on more than one occasion priorities the away fans experience for the new ground.
Out of interest, I'm hearing that the away fans will prefer the view and comfort of the new stadium as opposed to being hit with a sh!t view and East wind off the beach hitting them.
That should keep him happy ;)

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Not sure if this was posted earlier but Westhill's largest sports group backs AFC's plans for Kingsford

Mason89
05-09-2017, 11:58 AM
^^^

That's a relief :D

ILikeJam
05-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Not sure if this was posted earlier but Westhill's largest sports group backs AFC's plans for Kingsford

http://boards.footymad.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=6399

On a slight tangent - wonder how many of the W.A.N.K.S. kids are in that photie? Wonder how beelin' they must be at it being used for this purpose...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/28/2627501500000578-0-image-a-8_1425132123460.jpg

Mason89
05-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Mason has on more than one occasion priorities the away fans experience for the new ground.
Out of interest, I'm hearing that the away fans will prefer the view and comfort of the new stadium as opposed to being hit with a sh!t view and East wind off the beach hitting them.
That should keep him happy ;)

I haven't prioritised them, I just haven't ignored them. It's bad enough you want to sit in a shoebox without taking the atmosphere completely out of it. That'll hardly get the shuttle busses filling up

Mason89
05-09-2017, 12:48 PM

The home fans arent falling over themselves to go there either. The article is from last summer, has it improved in any way? It doesn't look like a success at the moment & certainly not a great example of what we should be aiming for.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14533200.amp

PittodriePile
05-09-2017, 01:07 PM
There's a number of factors that put me off but number one on the list, is that I can't really be @rsed. Still go more than you though :)

You're a pr1ck

Mason89
05-09-2017, 01:20 PM
You're a pr1ck

Aldo1983
05-09-2017, 01:44 PM
whats wrong with taking the bus?

Aldo1983
05-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Though not sure a stadium would reflect success of failure? Man City have gone from strength to strength.

Don't they play to a stadium that's never full and doesn't it have a ****e atmosphere? Their success has nothing to do with the stadium.

My concern is not necessarily the location but how we pay for it and the pish about training facilities. Milne has been in charge since nine**** can**** and never bothered his arse too much about it before. Therefore I don't really trust him.

Pacman1903
05-09-2017, 01:52 PM
On a slight tangent - wonder how many of the W.A.N.K.S. kids are in that photie? Wonder how beelin' they must be at it being used for this purpose...

[]

The Mighty Ellon Colts used to smash those c@nts to bits in my day. Westdyke keech team full of english kids

Pacman1903
05-09-2017, 01:53 PM

:D

andoplzcumbak
05-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Don't they play to a stadium that's never full and doesn't it have a ****e atmosphere? Their success has nothing to do with the stadium.

My concern is not necessarily the location but how we pay for it and the pish about training facilities. Milne has been in charge since nine**** can**** and never bothered his arse too much about it before. Therefore I don't really trust him.

Though to be fair to him, he has been trying to get the stadium build started since fek knows when.

fatshaft
05-09-2017, 02:37 PM
The home fans arent falling over themselves to go there either. The article is from last summer, has it improved in any way? It doesn't look like a success at the moment & certainly not a great example of what we should be aiming for.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14533200.amp
They dropped to the third tier you walloper. Crowds went way up and were at capacity when in the top flight (until Megson).

Funnily enough the only ones still lamenting Burnden Park are - yup those who used to walk to the pub and now have to travel. Funny that eh?

mastrick1960
05-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Bolton

Funny enough I was at Oldham v Bolton last season...5000 Bolton fans there ( they lost 1-0 ) anyway was speaking to some of them before the game and they hate the reebok....no atmosphere and **** to get to they said ...I was surprised to hear though that they had a train station near the ground and another two stations within 20 mins of the ground...something we will not have

Mason89
05-09-2017, 03:17 PM
So Bolton is the only example & it's a sh1t one

Let's get the bunting out for the new ground

ObanRed
05-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Let's get the bunting out for the new ground

Landvetter83
05-09-2017, 04:14 PM
The Mighty Ellon Colts used to smash those c@nts to bits in my day. Westdyke keech team full of english kids

Easy Pacman! My loon played for Westdyke ...

Ellon Meadows were usually Cannon-Fodder for his age group ;D

afc1903mad
05-09-2017, 05:01 PM
The home fans arent falling over themselves to go there either.

Is this your opinion.
I'm sure there was a poll that had a very high percentage were in favour of the Kingsford proposals.
Its a minority that are whinging about the move and the aesthetics of the stadium, which is still open for discussion and I think will be as goof, if not better than Pittodrie

Mason89
05-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Is this your opinion.
I'm sure there was a poll that had a very high percentage were in favour of the Kingsford proposals.
Its a minority that are whinging about the move and the aesthetics of the stadium, which is still open for discussion and I think will be as goof, if not better than Pittodrie

We were talking about the Bolton home support.

In my opinion, Aberdeen fans wouldn't travel to home games in Bolton

stansmith
05-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Bolton Wanderers XD

It was full in the Premier League XD

Good lord.

Now have a train station next to the ground. We will never.

Sounds like hell.

Pacman1903
05-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Easy Pacman! My loon played for Westdyke ...

Ellon Meadows were usually Cannon-Fodder for his age group ;D

Dinna make em like they used to in Ellon

mondo_notion
05-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Everyone is so busy arguing that they have forgotten about some of the main design features that really need to be addressed. i.e. Are there plans in place to have the tunnel fitted out with one-way glass so a select few can pay 15 grand a season to stand behind it and watch Kenny Mclean howk his arse as the teams wait to get the go ahead to march out.

We need answers.

stansmith
05-09-2017, 08:16 PM
A more pertinent question is will McInnes have left by then (yes) and will all these things that don't matter (transport and the stadium) have a much greater effect on attendances than is dismissed just now because of league position.

mondo_notion
05-09-2017, 08:45 PM
A more pertinent question is will McInnes have left by then (yes) and will all these things that don't matter (transport and the stadium) have a much greater effect on attendances than is dismissed just now because of league position.

Word to your mother

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Funny enough I was at Oldham v Bolton last season...5000 Bolton fans there ( they lost 1-0 ) anyway was speaking to some of them before the game and they hate the reebok....no atmosphere and **** to get to they said ...I was surprised to hear though that they had a train station near the ground and another two stations within 20 mins of the ground...something we will not have
Funny, your one off experience doesn't chime with my repeated experience nor what you'd read online. Must be true then.

It's a ****ing doddle to get to, train station on the door which admittedly Kingsford doesn't have, multiple buses laid on to all surrounding areas, and access/egress via a 1/4 mile dual carriageway that pops onto the M61 (that sound a bit like A944/AWPR perhaps?)

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Bolton Wanderers XD

It was full in the Premier League XD

Good lord.Erm yes. The negative point being made was that it is half empty *because* it's ****. That is spin that only the W.A.N.K.S. could attempt.

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 06:34 AM
<>and will all these things that don't matter (transport and the stadium) have a much greater effect on attendances than is dismissed just now because of league position.
Yup, attendances will in all probability go up due to the great location and transport links.

stansmith
06-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Yup, attendances will in all probability go up due to the great location and transport links.

XD Aye drive to the game or all 10 bus pick up points which not only will 35% of the crowd be so delighted to use but also more on top of that.

It would be as great for 40-50% of the crowd from the city as it is for the tiny amount of folk from west Aberdeenshire getting into the city, which is apparently such a nightmare.

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 07:40 AM
XD Aye drive to the game or all 10 bus pick up points which not only will 35% of the crowd be so delighted to use but also more on top of that.

It would be as great for 40-50% of the crowd from the city as it is for the tiny amount of folk from west Aberdeenshire getting into the city, which is apparently such a nightmare.Half the crowd currently come from outside the city, every single one of them will have it easier at Kingsford due to the AWPR, or if coming from the Alford/Tarland/Deeside corridors, then simply the truncated drive.

Add to that those in the city who will have it easier, and you'll see (though won't admit) that not everyone is going to be so put upon as you are, not by a long way.

It's also ****ign hilarious, that this whole venture should blocked IYO purely because it's going to be a bit inconvenient for *you*, but if it's at Pittodrie which is far worse for many many fans, that's just a-oh-****ing-k.

What a self centred selfish arse you've been on this topic

afc1903mad
06-09-2017, 08:27 AM
We were talking about the Bolton home support.

In my opinion, Aberdeen fans wouldn't travel to home games in Bolton

Nice deflection attempt.
So you accept that the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind the move to Kingsford

Mason89
06-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Nice deflection attempt.
So you accept that the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind the move to Kingsford

Its not defection, you were talking about something entirely different. Now that you've caught up, I completely accept the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind this move. I don't remember saying anything different.

I think they're being led up the garden path.

ILikeJam
06-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Add to that those in the city who will have it easier, and you'll see (though won't admit) that not everyone is going to be so put upon as you are, not by a long way.

It's also ****ign hilarious, that this whole venture should blocked IYO purely because it's going to be a bit inconvenient for *you*

This is something I find quite funny as well - the insinuation that everyone who lives 'in the city' would be worse off. I used to stay on Queens Road at Kings Gate and Kingsford is exactly the same distance away as Pittodrie - and a damn sight easier to get to.

InversneckieDob
06-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Its not defection, you were talking about something entirely different. Now that you've caught up, I completely accept the majority of Aberdeen fans are behind this move. I don't remember saying anything different.

I think they're being led up the garden path.

Hope you're wrang Mason, but I share yer cynicism.

My take is, we've boxed oursells into a corner via years, decades, of mismanagement and taking practical and pecuniary issues into account leaving the Pitt is probably the only viable option.

Look roond the auld place.
The Dicker is the only bit of it that is ony eese........and it's starting to look a bit "ibrox" here and there.
Ye need a grun that maks money on 4 sides and nae just on match days.
Then there's training facilities.......that's a must these days.

Now, that doesnae have to be at the grun, so building a class training facility and redeveloping the Pitt might be an option I suppose, but cost needs to be a consideration there.

This needs to be done right...............nae half-@rsed, ill conceived.....normal AFC type shenanigans.

Location wise.......there's nae an obvious sight within the Toon..........Westhill is as good as any place, but the transport links need to be spot on.

These are testing times and we need to hud the board's feet to the fire at every turn to make sure a'thing is right.

But the entrenched positions arenae helpful, if someone can realistically cost a plan involving rebuilding the Pitt to a proper standard and building a training complex.....wherever, then that should be looked at.
I'd have hoped that was already done by the board, maybe they are that entrenched in their agenda..... I canna think why they would be though.

donsdaft
06-09-2017, 10:28 AM
One problem is that Stewart Milne would move the whole world to Westhills if he got the chance.
He likes Westhill, he might even think of it as the toon.

Personally, if I woke up one morning to find out I was living in Westhill I think I would have to shoot myself.

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 11:33 AM
One problem is that Stewart Milne would move the whole world to Westhills if he got the chance.

Personally, if I woke up one morning to find out I was living in Westhill I think I would have to shoot myself.
My first football match for my primary school was Westhill, they beat us 8-0. The humiliation.

My first job was in Westhill, two years I spent there were most excruciating, even back then (1983-85) it was full of snooty ****ers who thought they were better than everyone else, and it was such a pre-packed soulless place.

I ****ing hated it, but gradually grew to think it was ok, I'm afraid though this latest nonsense has me reverting back to my original view. First impressions are often correct impressions.

Redmadders96
06-09-2017, 12:11 PM
When will the final decision be made as to whether or not this move is ON/OFF??

Redmadders96
06-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Reason I'm asking is I'm sick of stansmith being a kn@bjockey........once decision is made maybe he will do us all a favour and do one back to the hun website.

Mason89
06-09-2017, 12:47 PM
These are testing times and we need to hud the board's feet to the fire at every turn to make sure a'thing is right.

Exactly

The stadium is Milnes gift to the people of Aberdeen. It's his legacy. Its the one thing that'll stop people thinking 'c*nt' when they pass him in the street. If he delivers, it'll be the only thing that rolls the giant shyte of his 20 years in charge in glitter.

Westhill may well be the only viable option for the ground but frankly I don't believe a word that comes out his moo, especially when it comes to the urgent need to move. I can't believe that after 20 years, we still can't see exactly what we'll be building. I think we should be told what the costs of running the training facility should be. Who's making money on the deal? Where exactly is the money coming from? Personally speaking, my seat would be much comfier if I knew there were no handshakes to get it built.

We're putting the future of the club into a man who's not only a footballing calamity but who's also strikes me as being very bland. He's Coldplay, vanilla, beige, St.Johnstone...There is nothing to suggest that this stadium will be any different.

This AllforAurora campaign is every bit as bad as Westhill nimbyism as well. Just trying to put pressure on folk not to do their jobs properly. If this was handled well, every Aberdeen supporter would be behind it already.

InversneckieDob
06-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I like vanilla.

InversneckieDob
06-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Dinna like Coldplay mind.......or St Johnstone.

There's a place for beige..........nae a big een.

Aldo1983
06-09-2017, 03:15 PM
I like vanilla.

Ice?

Pacman1903
06-09-2017, 03:26 PM
He's Coldplay, .

I get uncontrollable urges to chop up anyone that puts Coldplay on a jukebox

I don't get that with Saints fans, beige wearers or when I taste vanilla

Mason89
06-09-2017, 03:39 PM
I get uncontrollable urges to chop up anyone that puts Coldplay on a jukebox

I don't get that with Saints fans, beige wearers or when I taste vanilla

I hit the skip button if folk put on Pink Floyd or Ocean Colour Scene

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 03:46 PM
We're putting the future of the club into a man who's not only a footballing calamity but who's also strikes me as being very bland. He's Coldplay, vanilla, beige, St.Johnstone...There is nothing to suggest that this stadium will be any different.

OK... and apologies if I misappropriate or misconstrue your views but of the stuff you have said about the stadium

1) You wanted steeper banked seating? (which was an issue as going higher causes problems with the nimbies) so the club have lowered the level in the revised plans to allow this to happen?

2) You want something more iconic / designed / 'soulful' rather than a standardised lego stadium? They are building on the shoulders of giants so that is cheaper. The bespoke / iconic nature of a unique stadium will result in higher design and build costs. Which conflicts with....

3) ...you are justifiably concerned with debt. So without a magic billionaire who wants to throw money around... which is more important to you? Iconic vs Debt?

4) Related to debt - redoing pittodrie (even if possible - which some suggest it isn't without going to 12/13k capacity and reduced ongoing revenue = more debt) is going to cost about the same as Kingsford (based on the only information we have from the club or finger in the air looking at hearts currently... but seem pretty consistent) BUT without the income from the sale (more debt).

5) Something about the corners? (sorry can't remember) but would result in change of use inside the stadium internals .... back to bespoke and debt.

BUT it would be interested (as per the OP) what you might tweak that might be achievable ( as per #1 above)

Oh - and scepticism around corruption / incompetence / side deals / money making - sure.... carry on.

InversneckieDob
06-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Ice-cream

Jussi
06-09-2017, 03:56 PM
1) You wanted steeper banked seating? (which was an issue as going higher causes problems with the nimbies) so the club have lowered the level in the revised plans to allow this to happen?

nimbys don't want stadium - full stop. What difference would another meter or 2 make. its still lower than some of the industrial complex buildings.

Milne is using that as an excuse to reduce size / quality etc. IMO

stansmith
06-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Half the crowd currently come from outside the city, every single one of them will have it easier at Kingsford due to the AWPR, or if coming from the Alford/Tarland/Deeside corridors, then simply the truncated drive.

It's also ****ign hilarious, that this whole venture should blocked IYO purely because it's going to be a bit inconvenient for *you*, but if it's at Pittodrie which is far worse for many many fans, that's just a-oh-****ing-k.

What a self centred selfish arse you've been on this topic

XD

I'm looking out for everyone that lives in the city. You know, Aberdeen? I'm looking out for the bus takers, the walkers and the future of the club.

You don't have a clue. You think people don't take buses XD and think everyone drives XD Embarrassingly out of touch.

sheepcrooky
06-09-2017, 06:44 PM
XD

I'm looking out for everyone that lives in the city. You know, Aberdeen? I'm looking out for the bus takers, the walkers and the future of the club.

You don't have a clue. You think people don't take buses XD and think everyone drives XD Embarrassingly out of touch.

I stay in Cove, which at last look was in the City. I go to every home game. On average, I would walk once (about an hour and a 1/2), get shuttle bus twice and drive about seven**** (allowing for a couple of home cup games).

In future I will probably not walk, but get the shuttle bus more. Getting to games in future including exit home will be far easier for me. Do I not count?

Landvetter83
06-09-2017, 06:59 PM
My first football match for my primary school was Westhill, they beat us 8-0. The humiliation.

My first job was in Westhill, two years I spent there were most excruciating, even back then (1983-85) it was full of snooty ****ers who thought they were better than everyone else, and it was such a pre-packed soulless place.

I ****ing hated it, but gradually grew to think it was ok, I'm afraid though this latest nonsense has me reverting back to my original view. First impressions are often correct impressions.

FS min, with a handle like yours you'd be welcome in Westhill any day. Find a house with pampas grass outside, chap on the door and introduce yourself .... ;D

Landvetter83
06-09-2017, 07:01 PM

Each to their own I suppose. Every morning I wake up in Westhill and hope Donsdaft never visits - in case he shoots himself ... ;D

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 07:02 PM
XD

I'm looking out for everyone that lives in the city. You know, Aberdeen? No, you're looking out for a small subset of a subset of Aberdeen supporters that includes yourself, you know, Aberdeen supporters?

Embarrassingly out of touch,Embarrassingly.

Landvetter83
06-09-2017, 07:06 PM
He's Coldplay, vanilla, beige, St.Johnstone...

Quite partial to some Coldplay tracks. Love vanilla ice cream. Never wear beige. F@cking hate St Johnstone ....

Mason, I get it, you hate Stewart Milne, Derek McInnes and every other f@cker that lives north of Balloch. That post is f@cking hilarious and beyond paranoia - even for you ... put the bottle away ffs min.

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 07:07 PM
FS min, with a handle like yours you'd be welcome in Westhill any day. Find a house with pampas grass outside, chap on the door and introduce yourself .... ;D

HAHA, don't I know! On the other side of the coin my best mates are all basically Westhillers* (the born and bred variety, not ****s like Charlie Love or Heather Coull), it's funny how things work out.

*not been invited to any pamapas grass lock-ins tho :(

Landvetter83
06-09-2017, 07:09 PM
No, you're looking out for a small subset of a subset of Aberdeen supporters that includes yourself, you know, Aberdeen supporters?

Embarrassingly out of touch,Embarrassingly.

Indeed FS. Himin Stan, ever occurred to you that, for some, getting to AFC matches will be a whole lot easier when they move to Kingsford? You allege you walk to Pittodrie now; I'll walk to Kingsford then .... quid pro quo, pal :D

stansmith
06-09-2017, 07:10 PM
I stay in Cove, which at last look was in the City. I go to every home game. On average, I would walk once (about an hour and a 1/2), get shuttle bus twice and drive about seven**** (allowing for a couple of home cup games).

In future I will probably not walk, but get the shuttle bus more. Getting to games in future including exit home will be far easier for me. Do I not count?

I was referring to really in the city, not the boundary. 40% upwards having to travel further and at more cost. Westhillers like fatshaft and 2 people he knows think they're going to offset any loss with thousands of new fans from the outskirts and in fact crowds will go up. XD

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 07:16 PM
XD

...surely no-one is claiming that there is a binary exclusion around transport methods? Perhaps there is a growing frustration here that you refuse to acknowledge that those who have to drive / travel by bus now have a worse experience than those that walk via the boozer?

So to help things along.... a fun game of yes/no answers! Prize at the end is a 10 minute rant on a topic of your choice!

1) Are fans that currently travel to Aberdeen matches from outside the City limits somehow 'lesser' in your view?

Y/N

2) Should only those that drink beforehand be allowed to go to football?

Y/N

3) Should those with Kids / families be allowed to attend?

Y/N

and some bonus free text questions!

4) What is a reasonable time to travel to a game (forget distance / method)

5) What is the latest time you can buy a ticket for a game? (No cheating now)

6) How old were you when you first went to pittodrie and who did you go with?

stansmith
06-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Indeed FS. Himin Stan, ever occurred to you that, for some, getting to AFC matches will be a whole lot easier when they move to Kingsford? You allege you walk to Pittodrie now; I'll walk to Kingsford then .... quid pro quo, pal :D

So people that don't currently attend now will because it's easier, or do these people already attend anyway and it won't make a difference to adding numbers?

But people that do go to Pittodrie and it's much harder and less convenient for won't be affected at all. Right.

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Milne is using that as an excuse to reduce size / quality etc. IMO

A controversial view might just be that having proposed something, the club listened to objectors (cutting the legs off that that argument) and the supporters found a creative solution....

stansmith
06-09-2017, 07:25 PM
...surely no-one is claiming that there is a binary exclusion around transport methods? Perhaps there is a growing frustration here that you refuse to acknowledge that those who have to drive / travel by bus now have a worse experience than those that walk via the boozer?

So to help things along.... a fun game of yes/no answers! Prize at the end is a 10 minute rant on a topic of your choice!

1) Are fans that currently travel to Aberdeen matches from outside the City limits somehow 'lesser' in your view?

Y/N

Y/N

Y/N

4) What is a reasonable time to travel to a game (forget distance / method)

5) What is the latest time you can buy a ticket for a game? (No cheating now)

1) Are there loads more of them waiting to replace those in the city?

2) They should not be dismissed.

3) Yes. Should this be the only focus at the expense of everyone else? No. Look at the family stand attendances. That is not the backbone of the support.

4) Certainly not 1 hour getting multiple methods of transport from the city.

5) Before the game.

6) Beyond my memory. I thought the singing was great. Probably people that had drunk and not drove.

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 07:27 PM
I was referring to really in the city, not the boundary. 40% upwards having to travel further and at more cost. Westhillers like fatshaft and 2 people he knows think they're going to offset any loss with thousands of new fans from the outskirts and in fact crowds will go up. XD

SS you ignorant ****, I'm prepared right here to wager £1000 that crowds will go up when we move to Kingsford, planning approval dependent obviously.

Upon approval, money sent to an approved forum middleman, Facebook verification provided to middleman to back up payment.

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 07:37 PM
...well done - not one question answered to address the questions as posed (no Y/N; no time(s) mentioned... who forgets their first game! and who took you!) . I'll give you half a point for saying yes AND no... want to try again with actual proper answers?

nice1simmy
06-09-2017, 07:39 PM
1) Are there loads more of them waiting to replace those in the city?

2) They should not be dismissed.

3) Yes. Should this be the only focus at the expense of everyone else? No. Look at the family stand attendances. That is not the backbone of the support.

4) Certainly not 1 hour getting multiple methods of transport from the city.

5) Before the game.

6) Beyond my memory. I thought the singing was great. Probably people that had drunk and not drove.

Ive never replied to this thread or the other one about the new stadium but living where i do up north it takes me 5hrs driving to get to pittodrie so 10hr round trip,normally leave about 6.30 in morn and get home at 11.00 at night,its never stopped me going to pittodrie in 30years

Landvetter83
06-09-2017, 07:40 PM
So people that don't currently attend now will because it's easier, or do these people already attend anyway and it won't make a difference to adding numbers?

But people that do go to Pittodrie and it's much harder and less convenient for won't be affected at all. Right.

Stan, you mistake me for someone who gives a f@ck. The attendance at Kingsford may or may not be better than Pittodrie - who knows? The Aberdeen support will be what it will be.

Personally, I f@cking hate Pittodrie - it's a sh!thole and I will not shed a single tear when we leave. I've been going there since I was 7 so would have every reason to be all dewey-eyed about leaving; but nope, Kingsford can't come quickly enough for me ... :D

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Ive never replied to this thread or the other one about the new stadium but living where i do up north it takes me 5hrs driving to get to pittodrie so 10hr round trip,normally leave about 6.30 in morn and get home at 11.00 at night,its never stopped me going to pittodrie in 30years

:heart:

Jussi
06-09-2017, 07:53 PM
A controversial view might just be that having proposed something, the club listened to objectors (cutting the legs off that that argument) and the supporters found a creative solution....

No one in their right mind would change plans of a building to appease an objection which had no validity .

stansmith
06-09-2017, 07:55 PM
...well done - not one question answered to address the questions as posed (no Y/N; no time(s) mentioned... who forgets their first game! and who took you!) . I'll give you half a point for saying yes AND no... want to try again with actual proper answers?

Can you remember things from when you were 2 or 3? I can hardly remember games from 3 years ago.

Y/N No

Y/N No

Y/N Yes

4) What is a reasonable time to travel to a game (forget distance / method) It obviously makes a difference if you're in Aberdeen and folk from Portlethen are getting there quicker than you. Less than 30 minutes from Aberdeen to a home game.

5) What is the latest time you can buy a ticket for a game? (No cheating now) 0 minutes before the game

stansmith
06-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Stan, you mistake me for someone who gives a f@ck. The attendance at Kingsford may or may not be better than Pittodrie - who knows? The Aberdeen support will be what it will be.

Personally, I f@cking hate Pittodrie - it's a sh!thole and I will not shed a single tear when we leave. I've been going there since I was 7 so would have every reason to be all dewey-eyed about leaving; but nope, Kingsford can't come quickly enough for me ... :D

Find some friends or something. It makes it better.

Mason89
06-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Quite partial to some Coldplay tracks. Love vanilla ice cream. Never wear beige. F@cking hate St Johnstone ....

Mason, I get it, you hate Stewart Milne, Derek McInnes and every other f@cker that lives north of Balloch. That post is f@cking hilarious and beyond paranoia - even for you ... put the bottle away ffs min.

There's plenty of folk in Balloch I hate too.

When it comes to Milne, I'm as paranoid as you are gullible:)

sheepcrooky
06-09-2017, 08:03 PM

So for people south of Pittodrie, where in your opinion is "The City" ?

You've ruled out Cove, so is it Altens, Redmoss, Kincorth, Torry, Ferryhill, King Street (in rough order as the crow flies) ? I'm going to apply for a council tax rebate as you reckon I'm not a city dweller.

fatshaft
06-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Lots of quoting stanley, not my one though.

I nominate donsdaft as the escrow, people know him, and where to find him. I cant say the same for anyone else on here, though happy to listen to alternatives.

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Can you remember things from when you were 2 or 3? I can hardly remember games from 3 years ago.

Yup - remember going to pittodrie with my grandad at 3 (couldn't put it in context until much later) remember my brother being born (2 and a half years younger) remember the penguin parade at Edinburgh zoo (3 years old from family photos context), falling down the stairs and busting my head requiring a trip to the hospital... many others. But i also know people that don't remember anything before 6.... means nothing. I'll rephrase the question into something fairer. How old were you when you went that you remember? Who did you go with? Take this as a chance to paint an amazing picture of the game and what happened and what made an impression and why that made you want to be an aberdeen fan.... you can refute the accusation of hun/westhiller etc

I would worry that you remember game 3 years ago... I'm in a strange situation where I just want to reach out and tell you to go see someone? Not scoring random internet points here...

Thanks for the answers tho.. quite inclusive - but can I pick you up on/ query a couple?

Less than 30 minutes from Aberdeen to a home game - so as the new stadium is *in* Aberdeen - do you have a definition of aberdeen that is different to the rest of us? So i reckon that I could travel from aberdeen (dyce side of the Don) to turriff in 30 mins.... I did ask what was a reasonable time to travel... so I'll take 30 mins which surely is possible for a lot more fans at Kingsford than Pittodrie? Anyone having to drive into "aberdeen" (what minimum 30 Mins) is going to be better off?

0 minutes before the game is it? I thought buy on the gate wasn't allowed as you had to be vetted / registered?

notinmyname
06-09-2017, 08:43 PM
SS you ignorant ****, I'm prepared right here to wager £1000 that crowds will go up when we move to Kingsford, planning approval dependent obviously.

Upon approval, money sent to an approved forum middleman, Facebook verification provided to middleman to back up payment.

...yeah, ok, sure you've had enough - but you are just doing a version of asking someone outside for a fight! "I'm going to ask you to back up your opinion with money otherwise shut up".... sorry as much as I want the new gaff and disagree with SS - cyberbullying isn't great - you just scare people off from disagreeing with your point of view in 'public' and they foster a massive resentment! And FFS that has wrecked our whole f***ing society!

stansmith
06-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Yup - remember going to pittodrie with my grandad at 3 (couldn't put it in context until much later) remember my brother being born (2 and a half years younger) remember the penguin parade at Edinburgh zoo (3 years old from family photos context), falling down the stairs and busting my head requiring a trip to the hospital... many others. But i also know people that don't remember anything before 6.... means nothing. I'll rephrase the question into something fairer. How old were you when you went that you remember? Who did you go with? Take this as a chance to paint an amazing picture of the game and what happened and what made an impression and why that made you want to be an aberdeen fan.... you can refute the accusation of hun/westhiller etc

I would worry that you remember game 3 years ago... I'm in a strange situation where I just want to reach out and tell you to go see someone? Not scoring random internet points here...

Thanks for the answers tho.. quite inclusive - but can I pick you up on/ query a couple?

- so as the new stadium is *in* Aberdeen - do you have a definition of aberdeen that is different to the rest of us? So i reckon that I could travel from aberdeen (dyce side of the Don) to turriff in 30 mins.... I did ask what was a reasonable time to travel... so I'll take 30 mins which surely is possible for a lot more fans at Kingsford than Pittodrie? Anyone having to drive into "aberdeen" (what minimum 30 Mins) is going to be better off?

is it? I thought buy on the gate wasn't allowed as you had to be vetted / registered?

I can't remember anything about early games except Shearer scoring goals and his song. Walking along King Street past Pittodrie Bar sticks out more and the camera stand above the Merkland seats. Wooden seats in the main stand. I'm actually sure that whoever took me wouldn't have taken me on a bus full of fans to Westhill after a walk into town.

It's reasonable to say that after Lang Stracht is not in Aberdeen. It's not connected and there's no pavement.

You can buy tickets from the ticket office.

Getintaethem
06-09-2017, 09:45 PM
I can't remember anything about early games

I'm actually sure that whoever took me wouldn't have taken me on a bus full of fans to Westhill after a walk into town.

So to get this straight, you cannot remember the early games but you are certain that the person that took you
would not have ventured so far as taking you on a bus. Who are you the ****ing queen?

BorneoRed
06-09-2017, 10:52 PM
I'm prepared right here to wager £1000 that crowds will go up when we move to Kingsford

I will double that one.

stansmith
06-09-2017, 11:27 PM
So to get this straight, you cannot remember the early games but you are certain that the person that took you
would not have ventured so far as taking you on a bus. Who are you the ****ing queen?

You've got it, for the same reason they didn't take me to away games. Do you think families will be desperate to take young kids on a packed bus to Westhill, potentially as a 2nd one of the day, then do the same on the way back?

Getintaethem
07-09-2017, 01:55 AM
You've got it, for the same reason they didn't take me to away games. Do you think families will be desperate to take young kids on a packed bus to Westhill, potentially as a 2nd one of the day, then do the same on the way back?

I know right. Taking kids on a bus for a few miles from the centre of Aberdeen, whatever next.

I had not thought about this but you have convinced me now. If we are going to have children on buses, I am out. #thinkofthekids. NoToChildrenOnBusestoKingsford.com

fatshaft
07-09-2017, 07:26 AM
It's reasonable to say that after Lang Stracht is not in Aberdeen. It's not connected and there's no pavement.
There is. All the way to Westhill.

fatshaft
07-09-2017, 07:27 AM
You've got it, for the same reason they didn't take me to away games. Do you think families will be desperate to take young kids on a packed bus to Westhill, potentially as a 2nd one of the day, then do the same on the way back?Nope, because most will TAKE THEIR ****ING CAR. Jesus **** min.

fatshaft
07-09-2017, 09:11 AM
...yeah, ok, sure you've had enough - but you are just doing a version of asking someone outside for a fight! "I'm going to ask you to back up your opinion with money otherwise shut up".... sorry as much as I want the new gaff and disagree with SS - cyberbullying isn't great - you just scare people off from disagreeing with your point of view in 'public' and they foster a massive resentment! And FFS that has wrecked our whole f***ing society!
Deary me petal.

Are you not fed up with smithy's baseless assertions? I sure am, the "crowds going down" being possibly his most laughable (though there's so much to choose from).

It's not cyberbullying at all, it's put up or shut up. I bet very small believe me, but on this one he is without a shadow of a doubt wrong and I'll put up what I can reasonably afford to put on a wager, he's welcome to match it, being as he is, so utterly correct on all of this.

Jussi
07-09-2017, 09:22 AM
I sort of attended less & less over the years , when the parking became too much of a hindrance

It was great when you could drive right up to pittodrie & park anywhere on any street for free.

Then there were more & more restrictions. If I left it late to decide , I wouldn't bother because I knew the hassle of getting a place near enough.
There were/are probably plenty like me.

It will be the same with Kingsford. I want to drive there & not have to worry that I will not be finding somewhere to leave the car.

The park & ride is a pretty inadequate solution. It only holds so much anyway.

The only hope is in the future we can buy adjacent land, for a proper sized area right by the ground.

Right now they are not making it easy for people to attend the new stadium.

maybe that's too pessimistic , but It seems to be easy to foretell where the problem will be.

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 09:23 AM
These threads will go on until kick off of the first game in the new midden

Then they will change to, "telt you it would be sh@te thread", "the corners ruin it thread"(possibly started by me), "busses are a mare thread", "the crowd was only big because of the novelty thread" "did you see the guffy NIMBY bird getting her garden pissed in thread" "busses are magic thread""nae problem parking thread" etc etc

Theres life in this old site yet

Mason89
07-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Then they will change to, "telt you it would be sh@te thread", "the corners ruin it thread"(possibly started by me), "busses are a mare thread", "the crowd was only big because of the novelty thread" "did you see the guffy NIMBY bird getting her garden pissed in thread" "busses are magic thread""nae problem parking thread" etc etc

Only if there's not a 'F*ck Aberdeen Council' thread first :)

InversneckieDob
07-09-2017, 09:42 AM

The "Got there 40 minutes quicker fae Inverness but nae place for a pint" thread.

Kinda niche that een.........

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 09:44 AM

I still think that's going to happen

afc1903mad
07-09-2017, 10:56 AM

I'm nae so sure, those threads you predict are dire.
I had a quick squiz on afc-chat and wondering if that's a better forum to be on

Mason89
07-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Aye, probably

fatshaft
07-09-2017, 11:43 AM

:O

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 11:46 AM

As long as nobody uses "lol" they will be fine

fatshaft
07-09-2017, 12:04 PM
lol

kigoretrout
07-09-2017, 12:06 PM

Don't. That site has a few decent posters and seems to have a couple of guys with inside info on transfers. The majority are puerile individuals who have created on-line personas and feel duty bound to play out an online game in character a la dungeons and dragons. A lot of homophobic racist nonsense too. The thread recently on Sone Aluko defied belief and I hope they get into bother over it.

The new stadium does divide opinion. no need to get too personal in the arguments though.

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 12:17 PM
lol

you are going to hell

Jussi
07-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Don't. That site has a few decent posters and seems to have a couple of guys with inside info on transfers. The majority are puerile individuals who have created on-line personas and feel duty bound to play out an online game in character a la dungeons and dragons.

Pie & bovril isn't that much better

fatshaft
08-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Pie & bovril isn't that much better

Donstalk

Jussi
08-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Donstalk
forgot about that one
I have same login there a year ago but never posted.
seems a bit busier now i look there.

donsdaft
08-09-2017, 09:11 AM
The only thing wrong with donstalk is that it's a little bit quiet.

What's wrong with Abmad nowadays is that it's a little bit quiet and the site itself is bloody awful.

afc chat has possibly three or four decent posters and the rest share the remaining brain cell.

Leopardman1983
08-09-2017, 01:10 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/21mc0wp.jpg

stansmith
08-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Nope, because most will TAKE THEIR ****ING CAR. Jesus **** min.

You need to leave your 3 bedroom Westhill house and see how other people live. Absolute embarrassment of a human.

fatshaft
08-09-2017, 08:59 PM
You need to leave your 3 bedroom Westhill house and see how other people live. Absolute embarrassment of a human.I don't live in Westhill you walloper. I've lived in Echt, Northfield, Woodside, Isle of Man, Coventry and Warrington, and now back in the shire. So I imagine my experience of "how other people live" is rather more extensive than you, you offensive little ****. What that's got to do with people driving to the match is however beyond me?

Getintaethem
08-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Absolute embarrassment of a human.

who is the cyber bully now?

waiting for the panty pissers to come to the aid of fatshaft....

fatshaft
08-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Rocket will be along with his 9 iron shortly

stansmith
08-09-2017, 09:46 PM
I don't live in Westhill you walloper. I've lived in Echt, Northfield, Woodside, Isle of Man, Coventry and Warrington, and now back in the shire. So I imagine my experience of "how other people live" is rather more extensive than you, you offensive little ****. What that's got to do with people driving to the match is however beyond me?

So why do you think no one takes buses? You've repeatedly said no one takes buses, in capital letters. You're a snob and don't care about thousands of fans being taken up the road like cattle. You care more about the driving range than Pittodrie. Stick your putter up your arse.

Getintaethem
08-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Rocket will be along with his 9 iron shortly

he may wave it in the air with the other virtue signallers.

InversneckieDob
08-09-2017, 09:55 PM

Anybody disnae gie me their lunch money pronto is gettin' a Chinese burn.

D'you want some?

BorneoRed
08-09-2017, 11:08 PM

Panty Pissers? really? get a life min. He has an opinion, as you and I do.

fatshaft
09-09-2017, 04:12 AM
So why do you think no one takes buses? You've repeatedly said no one takes buses, in capital letters. You're a snob and don't care about thousands of fans being taken up the road like cattle. You care more about the driving range than Pittodrie. Stick your putter up your arse.
I don't think I've said once that "no one takes buses" have I? What I have corrected is this bizarre world where you seem to ignore the existence of cars.

Pittodrie is a pile of bricks. It's where our football team currently play. I care more about us having a decent modern stadium than I do my own personal convenience of walking the five minutes to the ground from my flat.

My putter has one of those new wide golf pride grips, so I couldn't get it to fit. I'll be the boy that canna sit down at Murray field tomorrow.

donsdaft
09-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Well, I hope you're nae in front of me.

SIT DOON

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 07:04 AM
The arguements about buses doesn't really answer a lot of important questions and worries. In particular what the thread is about...the stadium design.

If after all these years we decide to move from our original ground then it should be something special. Unfortunately I don't see anything special and the reason for moving has really been billed as a necessity due to the current ground being in disrepair.

That in itself is worrying because we have a chairman spearheading the thing that has been pretty much useless in the 20yrs he's been here...he's now even telling his core support that we need to forget about Rangers, etc.

If it's so bad at Pittodrie then who is to blame for that?

No doubt we will move into the new ground (the location of which doesn't mean too much imo) but we will soon be chasing third place again and having a hefty debt to deal with. That's the best possible scenario thanks to Milne.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Panty Pissers? really? get a life min. He has an opinion, as you and I do.

he is welcome to have his opinion.

point is if you are going to call out cyberbullies, call out all cyberbullies... calling someone an "Absolute embarrassment of a human." is far worse than anything fatshaft has said.

KIWIRED
09-09-2017, 07:47 AM
We might have some debt, but never as much as Newco who limp along each month based on more loans.
Heard last week another Newco director baled out as he could no longer afford to loan anymore cash......they are slowly dyin

Aberdeen proud club history intact, I am proud of that

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 08:03 AM
We might have some debt, but never as much as Newco who limp along each month based on more loans.
Heard last week another Newco director baled out as he could no longer afford to loan anymore cash......they are slowly dyin

Aberdeen proud club history intact, I am proud of that

They went into liquidation and still finished third last year.

How much debt will we have? Nobody seems to know and the board and saying anything.

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 08:04 AM

point is if you are going to call out cyberbullies, call out all cyberbullies... calling someone an "Absolute embarrassment of a human." is far worse than anything fatshaft has said.

Unlike your cyber bullying meltdown rants?

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Unlike your cyber bullying meltdown rants?

look in the mirror...

KIWIRED
09-09-2017, 08:35 AM
If we have debt it will be manageable. Unlike Newco whose debt continues to spiral out if control

We will have an excellent staduim and training facilities.

Newco cannot even prove they own their staduim the deeds have never been shown to the pubilc and its also a rotting piece of concentre of no value whatsover.

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 08:47 AM
If we have debt it will be manageable. Unlike Newco whose debt continues to spiral out if control

We will have an excellent staduim and training facilities.

Newco cannot even prove they own their staduim the deeds have never been shown to the pubilc and its also a rotting piece of concentre of no value whatsover.

According to Milne before, he was having to dip his pockets to keep us from getting into trouble with the bank. This debt will be bigger. I'm interested in how it'll be funded and I've not heard anything definitive from anyone.

BorneoRed
09-09-2017, 08:53 AM

Ach min, we are all thick skinned on here....well, we should be by now.

Thesheep
09-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Jings sometime feel as if you come on here and joined a primary school argument; he called me this and she called me that. Pipe down; one thing we all are is Aberdeen supporters with the club at heart.

The main priority here is the stadium and training facilities are approved and get the go ahead. We all want the best stadium that money can buy; but it also has to be a stadium and project that can be afforded and delivered. One thing that is certain, the club after all these years, time, money and effort will be making sure they take as much on board from supporter demands as is viable. Shocked me to see a supporters bar included. If it's a completely enclosed stadium, we are at close proximity to the pitch, it has the facilities that any modern stadium should have; then it's going to be different planets to current match day experience on offer at Pittodrie! No matter how much we love the old lady!!

As for funding, we don't now just have Milne; there are a number of big local investors tied to the club, with the club at heart. This will be a project that we can afford and not put us in financial difficulty!

COYR

Pacman1903
09-09-2017, 09:16 AM
If it's so bad at Pittodrie then who is to blame for that?

The masonic hun sympathising cheating advocator

Its the most ridiculous things on the list during his disastrous tenure. We have a big building, we have the owner of a building company as our chairman yet our buildings f@cked. Its f@cking ridiculous and embarrassing

The guy wants the new stadium to be his legacy to us. It winna be mate, your legacy is being a sh@te chairman and a hun sympathizer who didn't mind his club being cheated and more importantly his clubs fans paying money into an already drawn raffle. F@cking do one d@ckhead

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 09:20 AM
we have the owner of a "building company" as our chairman

in the loosest possible sense.

Landvetter83
16-09-2017, 08:14 AM
After the pre-determination meeting last week, allied to all Milne's M@sonic chums doing their bit, it's looking like a shoe-in for Aurora.

The other stadium thread has become so f@cking boring that it's time to bump this one back up and really talk about what we'd like to see from the new stadium - as the original poster intended.

Personally, I'll just be happy if I don't have a piilar obstructing my view of the left end goalmouth .... like I have now at our 100 year-old sh!t-hole of a grun ...

As mentioned before, affordable lounges with bar and catering would be handy - I would likely upgrade to that.

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Upgrade??

No, please no.

I'll buy my season ticket but I'm f'ucked if I'm upgrading to anything.

The minute there's a pie priority queue or anything like it, I'm out.

Mason89
16-09-2017, 08:26 AM
It would be easier to move your seat than to move the ground

This thread is pretty pointless. Milne won't give one shiny sh!t about the fans opinion on the new ground. You're looking at a bigger St.Mirren park, with the corners boxed off.

mastrick1960
16-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Safe standing area behind the goals ..afc should keep the whole area as designated for that ...I was at a NY red bulls game and they had an area for over 21 with a band playing and beer...area for kids ...penalty kicks etc ...even Xbox booths etc...a proper bar for the adults...Afc could nail this if they listen to the fans ...however I don't have any confidence in Milne

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Not a hope in hell of a standing area.

Of course we won't be allowed alchohol in case Tims and Huns invade the pitch during a Dons v Thistle match.

stansmith
16-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Firstly I disagree about it looking a shoe in. I thought that was the case until the last couple of speakers like the cycle forum and ones that tore apart the bus strategy.

If it does go ahead we won't get anything near what we want, token gestures worth of standing sections and so on.

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Hopefully they will have a standing area behind one of the goals but I very much doubt it.

One thing that's absolutely certain is that Aberdeen will be rife with rumours regarding shoddy materials being used etc.

The trouble is that Stewart Milne has been getting away with murder for years.
£300,000 for a house that you're only allowed 10 people in at any one time for f'uck sake.

This is your chance Stewartie min, build something good.

stansmith
16-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Hopefully they will have a standing area behind one of the goals but I very much doubt it.

One thing that's absolutely certain is that Aberdeen will be rife with rumours regarding shoddy materials being used etc.

The trouble is that Stewart Milne has been getting away with murder for years.
£300,000 for a house that you're only allowed 10 people in at any one time for f'uck sake.

This is your chance Stewartie min, build something good.

Be lucky to even get a token gesture like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj-1g1FWUAAqVzZ.jpg

Landvetter83
16-09-2017, 09:00 AM
It would be easier to move your seat than to move the ground

This thread is pretty pointless. Milne won't give one shiny sh!t about the fans opinion on the new ground. You're looking at a bigger St.Mirren park, with the corners boxed off.

Mason, if this thread is pointless why don't you just f@ck off back to the other thread and continue with your banal Milne-bashing there?

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 09:01 AM

was that nae the "luxury flats" living room?

luckily the rooms were too small to fit 10 people in them at any one time ;)

Good news - Milne wont be building our new stadium.

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Mason, if this thread is pointless why don't you just f@ck off back to the other thread and continue with your banal Milne-bashing there?

Mason89
16-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Sound then.

I want it all standing, free bar with a fast lane for oscar, nightclub, helioport & an uncovered section for the away end. Do I just write to Milne or will he get in touch with me?

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Sound then.

I want it all standing, free bar with a fast lane for oscar, nightclub, helioport & an uncovered section for the away end. Do I just write to Milne or will he get in touch with me?

Yep - expect a call.

"Yes Mr Mason, Mr Milne will see you next time you visit Pittodrie.

Pittodrie, the stadium that Aberdeen play in... in Aberdeen.... the city on the NE of Scotland... next to the sea... further up from Dundee...

Never been? Can't be arsed? Is that the clink of Buckfast bottles in the background?"

Pacman1903
16-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Milne will not listen to us. Hes a fud and he just wants this stadium built so he can walk off into the sunset with his name ingrained in our history as the man that made us our new facility, his parting gift (for a terrible tenure).

Hes a builder who couldn't keep a building in good nick and couldn't get permission to build buildings. I do not see this happening and hopefully he f@cks off if it doesn't

As for thinking he will listen to the punters views on what they would like, well his stance on rangers 1872-2012 cheating says all you need to know what he thinks about his clubs fans.

Mason89
16-09-2017, 09:31 AM
You're doing it again.

You can't just go calling folk jakey b'stards, just because you yourself were outed as one. It's the message board equivalent of saying 'I know you are but what am I?...I know you are but what am I?...I know you are but what am I?'

I'll tell you what you are, you're a mad jakey b'stard. There's nothing wrong with that by the way. Embrace it, rejoice in it. You're my favourite poster on here by a country mile.

stansmith
16-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Milne will not listen to us. Hes a fud and he just wants this stadium built so he can walk off into the sunset with his name ingrained in our history as the man that made us our new facility, his parting gift (for a terrible tenure).

Hes a builder who couldn't keep a building in good nick and couldn't get permission to build buildings. I do not see this happening and hopefully he f@cks off if it doesn't

As for thinking he will listen to the punters views on what they would like, well his stance on rangers 1872-2012 cheating says all you need to know what he thinks about his clubs fans.

It's mad that people can't see it. Once it's done, his fitba life ambition for co-location and Bristol's stadium, he'll fck off immediately and leave us to pay for it and be left with a heap of shyt.

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 09:41 AM
I preferred Father Ted myself.

Alcohol attacks the brain Mason. Stop before it's too late...

Mason89
16-09-2017, 09:46 AM
It wasn't me that first pointed it out. It's not just me that's noticed. Or is it everyone else in here that's a jakeball except you? :)

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Or is it everyone else in here that's a jakeball except you? :)

Nope - just you.

Mason89
16-09-2017, 10:04 AM
You're just going round in circles. We'll maybe try again when you're sober

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 10:36 AM
You're just going round in circles. We'll maybe try again when you're sober

I pointed out that you had a drinking problem. You come back a few weeks later and unsurprisingly now say that it is me that has a drinking problem.

It is you that is going around in circles, both figuratively and literally (based on your drinking patterns).

Getintaethem
16-09-2017, 10:40 AM
You can't just go calling folk jakey b'stards, just because you yourself were outed as one.

And this is exactly what you did Mason. Sorry to say, but you have completely lost the plot. Not just on this but your rather unhealthy obsessions and drink fuelled rants against Milne and Derek McInness.

Mason89
16-09-2017, 10:43 AM
I pointed out that you had a drinking problem. You come back a few weeks later and unsurprisingly now say that it is me that has a drinking problem.

It is you that is going around in circles, both figuratively and literally (based on your drinking patterns).

That's exactly what happened, except the other way about. You're easily muddled which isn't surprising. Again, it wasn't me that first pointed it out. Anyway, this has been fun but I've got to dash. Crack open that 6 pack of 8 Ace & I'll catch you later :)

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Ingrained on my memory is part of an appalling advertising campaign called IN MY STEWART MILNE HOME.

Two of the naffest ( and I mean naff) things to do in your new home were.

IN MY STEWART MILNE HOME

We're always eating pasta

Always saying "share"

Sorry I'm awa to be sick.

thebeachend
16-09-2017, 10:58 AM
fits this 10 max in a hoose DD

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 11:27 AM
I heard it first about Tillydrone West but apparently it's in the title deeds of the flats they've built up at Cornhill too.

No more that 10 folk at a time or your guarantee isn't valid.

I know it sounds as if I've just made it up but it's a story I've heard a couple of times.

Pacman1903
16-09-2017, 12:37 PM
I heard it first about Tillydrone West but apparently it's in the title deeds of the flats they've built up at Cornhill too.

I know it sounds as if I've just made it up but it's a story I've heard a couple of times.

It was in the EE a few years back that someones living room gave way after a party and that's when this came to light. Maybe at Kepplestone. Dinna quote me on location but the ten per hoos small print isn't a lie

mondo_notion
16-09-2017, 01:33 PM
The other stadium thread has become so f@cking boring that it's time to bump this one back up and really talk about what we'd like to see from the new stadium - as the original poster intended.

Ah well LV at least you gave it a shot.

It was in the EE a few years back that someones living room gave way after a party and that's when this came to light. Maybe at Kepplestone. Dinna quote me on location but the ten per hoos small print isn't a lie

Was it not Stewarty skimping on the timber joists (don't need that one...... wont do any harm taking out this one as well....) thus leaving the max weight limit greatly reduced and requiring a signature from the buyers saying they wont have too many people jumping on it.

Jupiter
16-09-2017, 02:20 PM
This stuff about a limit of 10 people in a hoose sounds like some weird internet conspiracy theory, how would it ever be enforced? Although Stewart Milne's hooses do have a reputation for being a bit flimsy

Jupiter
16-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Be lucky to even get a token gesture like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj-1g1FWUAAqVzZ.jpg

where is that?

Pacman1903
16-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Was wondering that too ^^^^^^^^^^^

medw1311
16-09-2017, 02:46 PM
where is that?

It would appear to be the Nagyerdei Stadion, home of Debrecen in Hungary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagyerdei_Stadion

Pacman1903
16-09-2017, 02:56 PM
It would appear to be the Nagyerdei Stadion, home of Debrecen in Hungary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagyerdei_Stadion

Looks a hell of a lot better than the Masonic Milne Megadrome. Its 20k capacity and its nae based on Ashton Gate. Whats not to like

medw1311
16-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Looks a hell of a lot better than the Masonic Milne Megadrome. Its 20k capacity and its nae based on Ashton Gate. Whats not to like

Yeah it looks good. Cost just over £30 Million to build too. The transport nay-sayers here might have an issue about it being in the middle of a forest though lol.

thebeachend
16-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Awa and ****e min, that can't be true. If that is the case then folk must be mental to accept such regulations. Fit ****e will Milne spout next, euro gamrs in the central belt!

Pacman1903
16-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Yeah it looks good. Cost just over £30 Million to build too. The transport nay-sayers here might have an issue about it being in the middle of a forest though lol.

What a fantastic photo

Quite fancy it now. Always wanted to head to Kickers Offenbach for the exact reason.

medw1311
16-09-2017, 04:16 PM
What a fantastic photo

Quite fancy it now. Always wanted to head to Kickers Offenbach for the exact reason.

For me the sad thing about it is that the average attendance is only between 3 - 4 thousand.

Pacman1903
16-09-2017, 04:37 PM
For me the sad thing about it is that the average attendance is only between 3 - 4 thousand.

that's bad that. Probably get more in the Offenbach jungle and a lot easier to get to as its a suburb of Frankfurt

Edit- I would get a bigger crowd in the German 4th tier.

notinmyname
16-09-2017, 05:14 PM

...not so sure - you can fly there! So we all need is a new airport next to westwill too! :D

...although relocating some of the taller / maturer trees from deeside way might be a good idea - rather than the scrawny ones in the video

Jupiter
16-09-2017, 05:44 PM
It appears to be a bit squint

http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/stadiums/hun/nagyerdei_stadion/nagyerdei_stadion10.jpg

Landvetter83
17-09-2017, 09:09 AM
That Debrecen stadium looks pretty good.

It would be extremely remiss of the club not to visit the many new stadia in Europe that have been mentioned on this forum to assist in refining the design for Kingsford. I've seen Genk, Ferencvaros etc. mentioned, a few in the States.

If they don't and we do indeed get something pretty naff then shame on them. For those on here with real concerns it will be sh!te then I'd suggest you email, write letters to the club stating what you'd like to be considered.

I certainly will.

Pacman1903
17-09-2017, 09:32 AM

It would be extremely remiss of the club not to visit the many new stadia in Europe that have been mentioned on this forum to assist in refining the design for Kingsford. I've seen Genk, Ferencvaros etc. mentioned, a few in the States.

If they don't and we do indeed get something pretty naff then shame on them. For those on here with real concerns it will be sh!te then I'd suggest you email, write letters to the club stating what you'd like to be considered.

I certainly will.

Email and I guarantee, I bet you are ignored.

Visiting stadiums in Europe is a great idea, I bet they wont

donsdaft
17-09-2017, 10:50 AM
You can tell Mr Yule that I'll be at the Ferencvaros game on Saturday if he fancies buying me a pint.

dons8321
17-09-2017, 10:59 AM
You can tell Mr Yule that I'll be at the Ferencvaros game on Saturday if he fancies buying me a pint.

What, and listen to you bang on about Mclean being ****e and a hun..no thanks.

Dod

donsdaft
17-09-2017, 11:32 AM
That's nae really you though, is it.

stansmith
17-09-2017, 12:24 PM

I certainly will.

They were given 2500 responses to a stadium survey, mostly of people's experiences and ideas from European stadiums, had an email address open with submissions of ideas for a while, sent Dod Yule down to Bristol and copied that.

It's already 20 years out of date compared to stadiums on the continent and we'll be left with it for the next 100. Look at the shambles of a shoehorn masterplan I posted on page 1 compared to the Groupama. Look at Bristol City's ground compared to any new European build.

fatshaft
18-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Firstly I disagree about it looking a shoe in. I thought that was the case until the last couple of speakers like the cycle forum and ones that tore apart the bus strategy.
The speeches at the pre-det meeting will have almost no impact on the eventual yay/nay from the council, but if they did then it's all over for your NKS chums, which apparently they virtually admitted at Thursday's WECC meeting.

As for Bruce Cruickshank and his cycling speech, he was indeed toodlign along nicely, and for once putting in a good speech in favour of NKS, but then like the rest had to revert to type and ridiculous hyperbole.

* "cars constantly driving at 80mph along A944". - are these the cars that are stuck in thick traffic causing congestion, or other cars? Regardless, 80mph? Constantly? Wise up ye heid the ba.

* "cycle lane is used at all hours, I've personally used it at 1am, 5am, 6am for getting to & from work" - luckily fitba takes place on a weekend afternoon or between 7-10pm. The point of the cycle lane being 24 hours escapes me still

* "i've been knocked off my bike on that part of the cycle lane" - Well, it's a cycle lane, so presumably your fellow cyclists should look where the **** they are going eh? As for cars, well they don't go on the cycle lane, and we haven;t yet established whether they will be stuck in utter gridlock, or doing 80mph?

So, no Bruce didn't save the NKS camp, he started well then floundered completely with the above nonsense.

I didn't see any tearing apart of bus strategy either, so I'm afraid it's nul points for NKS from the fatshaft jury.

stansmith
18-09-2017, 10:18 AM
The speeches at the pre-det meeting will have almost no impact on the eventual yay/nay from the council, but if they did then it's all over for your NKS chums, which apparently they virtually admitted at Thursday's WECC meeting.

As for Bruce Cruickshank and his cycling speech, he was indeed toodlign along nicely, and for once putting in a good speech in favour of NKS, but then like the rest had to revert to type and ridiculous hyperbole.

* "cars constantly driving at 80mph along A944". - are these the cars that are stuck in thick traffic causing congestion, or other cars? Regardless, 80mph? Constantly? Wise up ye heid the ba.

* "cycle lane is used at all hours, I've personally used it at 1am, 5am, 6am for getting to & from work" - luckily fitba takes place on a weekend afternoon or between 7-10pm. The point of the cycle lane being 24 hours escapes me still

* "i've been knocked off my bike on that part of the cycle lane" - Well, it's a cycle lane, so presumably your fellow cyclists should look where the **** they are going eh? As for cars, well they don't go on the cycle lane, and we haven;t yet established whether they will be stuck in utter gridlock, or doing 80mph?

So, no Bruce didn't save the NKS camp, he started well then floundered completely with the above nonsense.

I didn't see any tearing apart of bus strategy either, so I'm afraid it's nul points for NKS from the fatshaft jury.

Ignore the hyperbole and look at the legal arguments he made about what is necessary, who can enforce it, when it has to be open and safety width requirements. The type of thing that gets it stopped.

Personally I do wonder how the minimum 3 metres would be (applicable as a minimum to this and) enough for a couple of thousand people going to Kingswells. It would be like all the fans coming up Merkland Road only being able to go on one pavement, next to a dual carriageway.

The bus strategy was attacked by the guy who spoke like Kevin Costner. Buses being loaded and leaving the stadium or park and rides in 2 minutes. Every seat on every bus at every time at Dyce, Kingswells and Union Street being full. Blatantly it would need multiples of the number of buses and a lot more time. Is there enough buses available and the transport strategy acceptable? Who knows. They already don't think the routes used are sufficient.

-------------------

Regarding stadium design, as per the locals kicking up a fuss I can't see how a proper fan zone would ever be allowed. Rejected by one of the councils. Interesting to read about a 3 month delay if approved due to Aberdeenshire Council's objection as well. Sh!te.

Won't be able to hold any concerts either and not very useful for making money. The stadium also has a lack of constant use about it, rather a visit it once and you've seen everything without spending anything. I saw it in the promotional video but nowhere else, wouldn't a gym and such else be an idea for constant use profitability.

afc1903mad
18-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Ignore the hyperbole and look at the legal arguments he made about what is necessary, who can enforce it, when it has to be open and safety width requirements. The type of thing that gets it stopped.

No, the type of thing that gets conditions placed on a successful applicaiton

afc1903mad
18-09-2017, 10:50 AM
wouldn't a gym and such else be an idea for constant use profitability.

Excellent suggestion.
No doubt the club will have a gym there for the players.
It could be an option to allow public access at certain hours, that said, many go to the gym to sit in a Jacuzzi and a wee paddle in a pool.
I doubt AFC would be installing those features

fatshaft
18-09-2017, 11:49 AM
The stadium also has a lack of constant use about it, rather a visit it once and you've seen everything without spending anything. I saw it in the promotional video but nowhere else, wouldn't a gym and such else be an idea for constant use profitability.They're all included in the community facilities, which if you'd gone last night you'd have heard about.

red_mist
20-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Just reading the Aurora spiel tonight (http://afc.co.uk/stadium.php) and wanted to highlight a section that I wasn't previously aware of:

Safe Standing Section

Many fans have asked about the detail for inside the stadium. Apart from the gradients, nothing has been set in stone and, should we be granted planning consent, we will be consulting with our fans on the design of the interior of the stadium. Our goal is to significantly improve the match-day experience for everyone with a focus on safety, comfort and atmosphere.

Why would the Council care two hoots about the "gradients"???

If this is relating to the height of the stadium, why not say this?

What would a few feet matter anyway - its a f*cking football stadium for christ sakes! Not as if the neighbour's roses are gonna be in the shade either way.

WE NEED A STADIUM THAT HAS STEEP RAKED STANDS - THESE ARE THE STADIUMS THAT HELP MAXIMISE ATMOSPHERE

Think Tynecastle v Pittodrie, or Celtic Park v Ibrox. Put the same fans in these grounds and Tynecastle/Celtic Park always edge it for atmosphere.

Success in top level sport is all about marginal gains - lets give ourselves that edge from the start.

DonVincenzo (The II)
20-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Just reading the Aurora spiel tonight (http://afc.co.uk/stadium.php) and wanted to highlight a section that I wasn't previously aware of:

Safe Standing Section

Many fans have asked about the detail for inside the stadium. Apart from the gradients, nothing has been set in stone and, should we be granted planning consent, we will be consulting with our fans on the design of the interior of the stadium. Our goal is to significantly improve the match-day experience for everyone with a focus on safety, comfort and atmosphere.

What would a few feet matter anyway - its a f*cking football stadium for christ sakes! Not as if the neighbour's roses are gonna be in the shade either way.

WE NEED A STADIUM THAT HAS STEEP RAKED STANDS - THESE ARE THE STADIUMS THAT HELP MAXIMISE ATMOSPHERE

Think Tynecastle v Pittodrie, or Celtic Park v Ibrox. Put the same fans in these grounds and Tynecastle/Celtic Park always edge it for atmosphere.

Success in top level sport is all about marginal gains - lets give ourselves that edge from the start.

I dont think you quite 'get' the rules around here, thats a sensible post without any negativity. WTF?

fatshaft
20-09-2017, 07:56 PM

If this is relating to the height of the stadium, why not say this?.
1. The council don't, the W.A.NK.S. do and this was designed to lower the height of the stadium. Hence "set in stone". It's already in the public domain.

2. See above. The gradient obviously affects the height, doesn't need saying twice surely?

Jupiter
20-09-2017, 08:21 PM

Safe Standing Section

Did you not do geometry at school?