PDA

View Full Version : The Big iFollow Con

POGGYWELL
04-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Anyone out there that's purchased iFollow and believe they can listen to live match commentaries while abroad then be aware they've blocked it. I've subscribed to Barnsley Player since its concept and have enjoyed listening outside the UK but not with this money grabbing con.

This their answer to the current subscription issue:

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

I can see you have an active Season Pass UK (Barnsley) under email:

While outside the UK and Ireland, your Monthly or Season Pass will not provide you with access. The subscription is only accessible from the region where purchased.
There is an International Pass but it would not be accessible with a UK-based payment method.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
iFollow Support

POGGYWELL
04-09-2017, 01:45 PM
This needs escalating to all clubs as I'm sure there will be many disappointed supporters throughout the EFL who will only get to know this once they travel and try to tune in to their own live games.

SBRed48
04-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Mister Lee will sort out. China need see Barnsley games

tiggertyke
04-09-2017, 03:07 PM
I subscribe to the international version of ifollow that allows me to watch live matches. I can either watch the match or listen to the commentary not both. I have mentioned before that it looks as though it is filmed using someones phone. Very poor.
It would be better to raise your issue with the media department at Oakwell.
I have just asked if I could use a VPN ( virtual private network ) for security, Someone called LEE (is it a coincidence) told me it was not allowed.
I don"t know how they would know, maybe someone a bit more tecky than me would know.
If you could use a VPN you would be able to listen anywhere in the world as your device would be saying it is in the UK.

POGGYWELL
04-09-2017, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=tiggertyke;38643698]I subscribe to the international version of ifollow that allows me to watch live matches. I can either watch the match or listen to the commentary not both. I have mentioned before that it looks as though it is filmed using someones phone. Very poor.
It would be better to raise your issue with the media department at Oakwell.
I have just asked if I could use a VPN ( virtual private network ) for security, Someone called LEE (is it a coincidence) told me it was not allowed.
I don"t know how they would know, maybe someone a bit more tecky than me would know.
If you could use a VPN you would be able to listen anywhere in the world as your device would be saying it is in the UK.[/QUOTE

True and thanks for that but the point I'm making its forcing subscribers to pay for a good VPN which I've got or pay extra for the international version. Before this season that wasn't the case and now supporters won't know until they try logging on when outside the uk.

EastStandRed
04-09-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry lads I've no idea what you're on about :?

Old Goat
04-09-2017, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry lads I've no idea what you're on about :?

Thank God, I thought it was just me. I can just about manage: turnstile/stairs/find seat/sit/watch/cheer.
Anything more complex is beyond me.

Redstew
05-09-2017, 02:25 PM
I have the same issue Poggy.
My daughter purchased the ifollow for me for my birthday as I am in Spain during the winter.
As it is an App I thought this would not be a problem. Like you said it is a bit of a con, and I'm sure if clubs knew what restrictions were going to be in place, I doubt most of them would have signed up for it.
But maybe, it was far cheaper than having to run their own service. In our case Barnsley Player.
Pointless contacting the club as it's out of their control.
Fans shafted again.

POGGYWELL
05-09-2017, 03:04 PM
I have the same issue Poggy.
My daughter purchased the ifollow for me for my birthday as I am in Spain during the winter.
As it is an App I thought this would not be a problem. Like you said it is a bit of a con, and I'm sure if clubs knew what restrictions were going to be in place, I doubt most of them would have signed up for it.
But maybe, it was far cheaper than having to run their own service. In our case Barnsley Player.
Pointless contacting the club as it's out of their control.
Fans shafted again.

I presume you have a VPN Redstew if not I can recommend the HOTSPOT SHIELD app I've used it for four years.
Doesn't work for BT Sports though.