PDA

View Full Version : England vs Slovakia

irish_pie
04-09-2017, 08:10 PM
As a neutral i have to say i am really enjoying this game... Rashford is putting in a serious shift.. I'm sorry but Sterling should not be in your squad let alone the team, oh and you are doing Scotland a serious turn if you beat this lot, strange how things work out eh :)

jackal2
04-09-2017, 08:20 PM
When Rashford first came into Manchester United's side I wondered if he would be one of those young flash in the pan types who would make an early impact with his youthful enthusiasm and then come back down to earth with a bump when defences sussed him out, but in fact, he is showing he can play consistently and well at the highest level, with both pace and ability. You'll get a few mistakes from him, as with Slovakia's goal tonight, but if he keeps developing he will be a key player for us in years to come.

irish_pie
04-09-2017, 08:25 PM
When Rashford first came into Manchester United's side I wondered if he would be one of those young flash in the pan types who would make an early impact with his youthful enthusiasm and then come back down to earth with a bump when defences sussed him out, but in fact, he is showing he can play consistently and well at the highest level, with both pace and ability. You'll get a few mistakes from him, as with Slovakia's goal tonight, but if he keeps developing he will be a key player for us in years to come.

Totally agree with that Jackal... I'm sweating here as i have a 7 team bet on tonight and all winning at the moment but.... Slovakia look to have a sneaky goal left in them but to be fair you guys are defending really well, Phil Jones is a cracking player for you, decent partnership with Cahill

Bohinen
04-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Totally agree with that Jackal... I'm sweating here as i have a 7 team bet on tonight and all winning at the moment but.... Slovakia look to have a sneaky goal left in them but to be fair you guys are defending really well, Phil Jones is a cracking player for you, decent partnership with Cahill

No sweat there, even the Sweaties won.

Rashford has what you can't train, intelligence. He runs it out of play sometimes, and he can have a poor shot on his left foot, but some of his balls are devastating, like the one for Kane against Malta. I reckon he meant that corner to go to Dier as well. Two games (one as sub) and he has two assists and one goal.

TheBlackHorse
05-09-2017, 10:59 AM
... whilst Phil Jones may have had an ok game, did anyone spot the Richard Duffy challenges ... straight front the RD school of football science ...

irishpete
05-09-2017, 12:40 PM
We are fecking dire for a major footballing nation.How Chamberlain got a big money move is beyond me.Sums it up when Henderson is Captain.But hey-ho,lets wait now till the pundits tell us again that we can win the WC, again.
Why the **** can they just be honest for a change & say,"no we won't win it,we're not good enough"
The English "set up" needs major changes from top to bottom.

irish_pie
05-09-2017, 12:56 PM
We are fecking dire for a major footballing nation.How Chamberlain got a big money move is beyond me.Sums it up when Henderson is Captain.But hey-ho,lets wait now till the pundits tell us again that we can win the WC, again.
Why the **** can they just be honest for a change & say,"no we won't win it,we're not good enough"
The English "set up" needs major changes from top to bottom.

I get what you are saying Pete but i would give my left leg for 2 or 3 of your players if I'm honest... we have a manager (Martin O Neill) who is so stubborn and out of touch that he will play certain players regardless of match fitness or game time and not give other players further than the football pyramid a look in... I wish the man would look at Northern Ireland and see the amazing job Michael O Neill is doing, he ain't afraid to pick players from league one if they are playing regular football.... like many other football fans in Ireland I am tired of his pig headed and boring tactics and would like to see him walk away now and give somebody else a chance... somebody that encourages a team to play football not the damn awful tripe we have to watch every time we watch Eire play :(

Notts78
05-09-2017, 01:04 PM
What would you change?
Players are over paid from a very young age and don't have to be that good. This in turn makes them lazy as 'they have made it'.
Do we stop 'foreigners' flooding our game? Not sure how legal that would be but then how poor would the Premier League become?
In my opinion, and I have said this on here before, English players should go and play abroad and better themselves. Be coached in different ways. Play football in different conditions. All the top nations have footballers who play away from there home land (Germany aside)