PDA

View Full Version : Football related - Coronal Mass Ejections

tarquinbeech
07-09-2017, 02:21 AM
I know that there are several people on here that think I'm bonkers....so this post might not disappoint you.

Yesterday I decided to buy some more animals....Buffalo look plain scary (my friend here has a small herd, and whenever I go inside their field they look like they want to kill me, maybe they see Gringos as their natural enemy after BillyBob and his buddies skinned a few million) and Llamas look weird, .....plus they are a bit too nippy when you you want to give them a friendly cuddle.

Miriam suggested Donkeys so I thought I'd do a bit of research by looking at Donkey videos!...It wasn't my fault, I fell asleep during the download and woke up wondering whether I was due another night in the cells with Pablo the local bum-bandit!!

After desperately trying to delete them whilst keeping a wary eye on the carpark for El Plod, it dawned on me that my computer kept freezing, unfreezing etc...unplugging, restarting and rebooting didn't help......then I remembered that today there was a HUGE Coronal Mass Ejection, measuring X9.3 on the Richter Scale of ejections.....and it was interfering with the electrics.

Wow I hear you cry....what has that got to do with Notts?

My reply is that several seasons ago I posted a widely acclaimed thesis on here, proving conclusively that all of Notts greatest triumphs (and disasters) can be tied directly to Solar Activity going back to the 1800s.......I almost won a Nobel Prize, but was narrowly beaten by a guy that produced electricity from 2 lemons and a potato.

The last serious CME measured X6.9 on......August 9th 2011, a date famous in the pages of Notts history, I was there along with my family (including Stevie Junior that I flew in from Tennessee) and several thousand Notts hopefuls.

Is this CME proof that Saturday is going to be massive?....mmmm....I'm not sure, we lost that game but played awesome football....plus a quick check of my CME history shows that the 3rd biggest CME of the 2000s measured X2.7 on May 5th 2015......and 2 days later we were relegated, losing 3-1 to Gillingham.....proof once again that our destiny is not in the hands of the pointy-hats in charge....but the Solar highs-n-lows

Summary - X9.3 means something huge for Notts, I've stayed logged into MAD all day expecting a takeover bid from a guy in North Korea with a silly haircut....fronted by a guy from Lincoln with a pointy beard........or maybe it just means that someone has found the second verse of the Wheelbarrow song?

Anyway I'm off now to put on my hat made from tinfoil....the stray atoms are starting to give me a headache.

Wedgie_pie
07-09-2017, 07:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Including tin foil hat...:)

chalky_ncfc
07-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Always found that song brilliant once I found out that it was all about his pet dog

queenslandpie
07-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Always found that song brilliant once I found out that it was all about his pet dog

Well it's certainly up there with anything Crazyfrog ever posted and he was one of my favourite ever posters due to his ridiculous stupidity. I enjoy Tarquins drug / alcohol induced think I am smart posts.

tarquinbeech
07-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Well it's certainly up there with anything Crazyfrog ever posted and he was one of my favourite ever posters due to his ridiculous stupidity. I enjoy Tarquins drug / alcohol induced think I am smart posts.

I'm obviously not that "smart"....in an effort to keep away from Sea Level Rise, storm surges and Hurricanes, I'm living on the side of a mountain at 5,000 feet....thus increasing my exposure to free electrons.

No wonder my marbles are scrambled...."Energetic protons released by a CME can cause an increase in the number of free electrons in the ionosphere, especially in the high-latitude polar regions. The increase in free electrons can enhance radio wave absorption, especially within the D-region of the ionosphere, leading to Polar Cap Absorption (PCA) events.

Humans at high altitudes, as in airplanes or space stations, risk exposure to relatively intense cosmic rays. The energy absorbed by astronauts is not reduced by a typical spacecraft shield design and, if any protection is provided, it would result from changes in the microscopic inhomogeneity of the energy absorption events.[12]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection

i961pie
09-09-2017, 04:47 AM
I'm obviously not that "smart"....in an effort to keep away from Sea Level Rise, storm surges and Hurricanes, I'm living on the side of a mountain at 5,000 feet....thus increasing my exposure to free electrons.

No wonder my marbles are scrambled...."Energetic protons released by a CME can cause an increase in the number of free electrons in the ionosphere, especially in the high-latitude polar regions. The increase in free electrons can enhance radio wave absorption, especially within the D-region of the ionosphere, leading to Polar Cap Absorption (PCA) events.

Humans at high altitudes, as in airplanes or space stations, risk exposure to relatively intense cosmic rays. The energy absorbed by astronauts is not reduced by a typical spacecraft shield design and, if any protection is provided, it would result from changes in the microscopic inhomogeneity of the energy absorption events.[12]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection

I will say one thing Tarqs you might be as 'mad as a box of frogs' but you can't say your posts aint entertaining;D

tarquinbeech
09-09-2017, 05:31 AM
I will say one thing Tarqs you might be as 'mad as a box of frogs' but you can't say your posts aint entertaining;D

Cheers i961....it makes a change from the normal bickering today on the other thread, where I've been called a bellend and a bum by the normal twosome, just for voicing my opinion in a thoughtful and concise manner....I guess I can't please everyone huh.

I'm sat up watching Hurricane Irma on the radars....a fascinating but scary thing....it's like a live entity with a mind of it's own....it almost went aground in Cuba 10 minutes ago but backed off 5 miles at the last minute....Joe Cioffi, an amateur weatherman who does live podcasts at night on Youtube was truly amazed, and he's watched hundreds of these things in his lifetime