PDA

View Full Version : Raymond in the Courier.

An old shed boy
07-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Haven't seen the paper but the reaction on the Ceres Arab page pretty much the same as on here.
Except nobody defending him on there.
Goodwill is rapidly running out.
Hopefully for everybody's sake we get a result and a performance on Saturday.

SmedDUm
07-09-2017, 02:23 PM
He seems to be crucified every time he opens his mouth.
But it's the same stuff as any other manager previewing or reviewing games.
Fans are jumping on his every word, if I were him I'd reduce the interviews to a bland nothingness like is the norm.

Q - 'Dumbarton on Saturday Ray?'
A - 'Yeah, looking forward to it, we need to do better than we did last season against them. And it's an opportunity to get over the pain of the St. Mirren performance which we can only improve upon. So the game can't come quick enough.'

That sort of stuff, leave out the specifics....

deebuster
07-09-2017, 03:17 PM
'Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.'

one team in city
07-09-2017, 03:46 PM
'Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.'

he should be saying we will smash dumbarton not they will make it a hard game holy **** the man the man gives me the fear if he thinks a part time team can trouble us at home should be telling the team to go out and play them of the park and be telling the fans we will attack for 90 mins 442 easy ftd:D:D

offshore_arab83
07-09-2017, 04:11 PM

So mote it be

SmedDUm
07-09-2017, 04:40 PM
he should be saying we will smash dumbarton not they will make it a hard game holy **** the man the man gives me the fear if he thinks a part time team can trouble us at home should be telling the team to go out and play them of the park and be telling the fans we will attack for 90 mins 442 easy ftd:D:D

He did make an analogy with the Malta game which is very relevant.
Scotland didn't get slaughtered for only managing two goals v a Dumbarton of international football.

huntedbyafreak
07-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Scotland didn't get slaughtered for only managing two goals v a Dumbarton of international football.

They did in my house

Wullie
08-09-2017, 12:42 AM

If United produce a performance similar to the Brechin one but win by two, then where will be a negative reaction, as the next game could herald another St Mirren type result, he/they might get slaughtered.

If we come flying out the traps, dominate the game, play some nice stuff, look like a team rather than a bunch of guys who've just met, but only win by two, then that's different, that would give us a bit of hope.

TerryTheTerror
08-09-2017, 06:20 AM
If we come flying out the traps, dominate the game, play some nice stuff, look like a team rather than a bunch of guys who've just met....

The trouble is, they are a team of guys that have just met. We've only player a few games this season so far.

arab_pat
08-09-2017, 07:36 AM
He's said in the tele that he plans on playing 2 up front.

GingerPetric
08-09-2017, 08:30 AM
The trouble is, they are a team of guys that have just met. We've only player a few games this season so far.

We've played a dozen games including the Montrose friendly and the two fizzy cup games. So 9 first team games. They also train together most days. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect they have some level of bonding and idea of how each team mate functions within the selected team.

I do expect that the teamwork and familiarity will keep improving over the coming months but I wouldn't be giving them a "free pass" for being pretty scheite up till now.

It needs to be a better performance starting tomorrow.

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 10:15 AM
We've played a dozen games including the Montrose friendly and the two fizzy cup games. So 9 first team games. They also train together most days. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect they have some level of bonding and idea of how each team mate functions within the selected team.

I do expect that the teamwork and familiarity will keep improving over the coming months but I wouldn't be giving them a "free pass" for being pretty scheite up till now.

It needs to be a better performance starting tomorrow.

Agreed

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 10:55 AM
He's getting pounded on for absolutely everything, it's a little ridiculous. He gets asked questions in his media obligations and idiots online give it "why is he talking? He should be getting ready for the game instead" he's trying to give respect to the other team and be diplomatic. If we do poorly tomorrow then fair enough get on him but Jesus wept our fans (the vocal online presence anyway) are poisonous

TangerineDream
08-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Agree otm. If he says nothing he would be jumped on for saying fek all. Whatever he says is not good enough even if it is just responding to media questions . It's getting phukin ridiculous now. Seriously wonder about some of our "fan" base. Better qualify that before some muppet jumps down my throat, I want Thompson out but there is no alternative at the moment, also things are not great with the team/ performances but support the club FFS.

Really is getting ridiculous with some. Hopefully get a good win tomorrow to shut the moaning pusses up. 'Mon United.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Agree otm. If he says nothing he would be jumped on for saying fek all. Whatever he says is not good enough even if it is just responding to media questions . It's getting phukin ridiculous now. Seriously wonder about some of our "fan" base. Better qualify that before some muppet jumps down my throat, I want Thompson out but there is no alternative at the moment, also things are not great with the team/ performances but support the club FFS.

Really is getting ridiculous with some. Hopefully get a good win tomorrow to shut the moaning pusses up. 'Mon United.

Honestly, I hope it will but it'll just be stemming the flow. They'll begrudgingly hold back until another negative comes then they'll be all over it.

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Better qualify that before some muppet jumps down my throat,

Are you saying that anybody who has a difficult opinion from you is a muppet ?

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Make that a different opinion.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 12:04 PM

I think you know exactly what he's saying. People will take his words out of context and accuse him of loving ST or some nonsense. That's the standard

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 12:08 PM
No need to use the word muppet though.
It's only forum where we can share opinions without name calling.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Fair enough I agree. Wish people wouldn't get personal and name call the players and manager too though.

ahlltanyirhide
08-09-2017, 01:05 PM

Muppet is such a belittling term to use

I prefer kunt

one team in city
08-09-2017, 02:34 PM

I prefer kunt

i think mckinnon is a hopeless kunt :D:D:D

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 03:33 PM

What will be ridiculous will be staying in this league another season TD... Hopefully a win and a good performance but im not confident and thats kinda sad considering our opponents

TangerineDream
08-09-2017, 04:38 PM

I am sure you know exactly where I am coming from there Old shed boy. Frequently posts that have been even somewhat positive or encouraging in the past have been decried and shot doon with Thompson arse licker, Jackie lover, Ray apologist etc etc. All opinions are valid and important amongst Arabs but the constant extreme negativity is wearing and I suspect affecting our team, club and many supporters.

Having said that there is only one way to end all this negativity and unite our support. So come on United and Ray get the finger oot and lets kick on with some positive attacking fitba that we can all enjoy. Starting tomorrow.

TangerineDream
08-09-2017, 04:41 PM
What will be ridiculous will be staying in this league another season TD... Hopefully a win and a good performance but im not confident and thats kinda sad considering our opponents

Totally agreement there OA.

However I am slightly hopeful and no matter what still looking forward to going to Tanny the morn. Hope I exit the Dode at 16.50 saying that was a guid performance. No said that for a while

TangerineDream
08-09-2017, 04:44 PM

I prefer kunt

Hahaha, like it.

Personally think muppet and muppetry are great words, some o meh favourites actually :D

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Totally agreement there OA.

However I am slightly hopeful and no matter what still looking forward to going to Tanny the morn. Hope I exit the Dode at 16.50 saying that was a guid performance. No said that for a while

agree mate, looking forward to it to as i do every saturday, usually ruins saturday night though :(

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 04:49 PM

That would be ridiculous and terrible.....however it hasn't happened and we only have a single defeat so far so I don't get where this comes from.

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 05:58 PM
That would be ridiculous and terrible.....however it hasn't happened and we only have a single defeat so far so I don't get where this comes from.

True but based on performances to date plus the exact same performances of the whole of last season so hope is sadly fading...

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 06:10 PM
True but based on performances to date plus the exact same performances of the whole of last season so hope is sadly fading...

Aye hoping for better performances for sure. Still think it'll start improving soon. Might be overly optimistic but think we have a solid squad

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Aye hoping for better performances for sure. Still think it'll start improving soon. Might be overly optimistic but think we have a solid squad

We probably have the strongest squad in the division and with a good manager we should win it.
Ray, to date, hasn't shown himself to be that man.
What makes you think it'll start improving soon.
Not asking as a wind up just wonder what you see that makes you think that.
Well we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 07:34 PM
We probably have the strongest squad in the division and with a good manager we should win it.
Ray, to date, hasn't shown himself to be that man.
What makes you think it'll start improving soon.
Not asking as a wind up just wonder what you see that makes you think that.
Well we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Just feel the squad will gel

Arabs4ever
08-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Animal would be a better manager than McKinnon. At least he would get stuck into them and tell them these sh!te performances are not acceptable.

huntedbyafreak
09-09-2017, 01:19 PM
He's said in the tele that he plans on playing 2 up front.

We're playing 1 up top. Ray is full of it

arab_plumber
09-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Another horrific performance and embarrassing result against a part time side but I'm sure Ray will have them bang at it next week.......oh he said that after St Mirren

Please resign Ray and make my weekend a bit more bearable

one team in city
09-09-2017, 05:08 PM
still think mckiddion is a kunt

RAM1971
09-09-2017, 06:43 PM
still think mckiddion is a kunt

So you think he is useful?