PDA

View Full Version : Tipping point

stokearab
08-09-2017, 11:44 PM
If RM fails to play 2 upfront tomorrow I will join the McKinnon out team.

Otm_Shank
09-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Don't get the obsession with two up front. I get that it looks better on paper but if we play well with a different formation does it really matter? Not many teams use it now

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 09:02 AM

If he had as good a squad available to him as the papers would have us believe, then he has a bit of a headache!

Been thinking about a team for the last couple of days, but im really struggling to get all the player i would like into the team. 4-5-1 seems to suit the squad, 4-4-2 drops the likes of Stanton out and 3-5-2 drops Doc and Robson out.

Lewis all the way for goalie.
4 at the back Murdoch, Durnan, Edje, Robson or a 3 of Durnan, Quinn, Edje.

Midfield 4 of King, Fyvie, Briels, McMullan or add Stanton for a 5.

Up front either N'Koyi on his own or with McDonald.

Heids burst!

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Oh and if Flood is anywhere near the team, its time to go!

GingerPetric
09-09-2017, 09:05 AM
The reason we probably need 2 up top at the moment is that we don't have an "all-rounder" of a striker at the club (the last being Ciftci) that can play a lone striker comfortably.

Based on what we've got available I'd say (certainly for home games we expect to win) we should be playing N'koyi, for his physical and aerial presence, along with either McDonald or Keatings. This then leaves us with a quality striking option off the bench.

GingerPetric
09-09-2017, 09:14 AM
If he had as good a squad available to him as the papers would have us believe, then he has a bit of a headache!

Been thinking about a team for the last couple of days, but im really struggling to get all the player i would like into the team. 4-5-1 seems to suit the squad, 4-4-2 drops the likes of Stanton out and 3-5-2 drops Doc and Robson out.

Lewis all the way for goalie.
4 at the back Murdoch, Durnan, Edje, Robson or a 3 of Durnan, Quinn, Edje.

Midfield 4 of King, Fyvie, Briels, McMullan or add Stanton for a 5.

Up front either N'Koyi on his own or with McDonald.

Heids burst!

Wasn't at Paisley but by all accounts Fyvie was horrendous.

Billy King has flattered to deceive in a lot of games.

I'd be tempted with your 4-4-2 but putting Stanton in for King. Would allow Robson the freedom to attack.

Really think Ray needs to try something different and needs to start players based on their form not on their reputations.

Sutherland Arab
09-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Not sure I'm bothered specifically about two up front.
It's the style of play that is more important.
High tempo, play the ball into the channels and get at Dumbarton.
No tippy tappy, slow build up, passive nonsense.

stokearab
09-09-2017, 11:52 AM
The reason we probably need 2 up top at the moment is that we don't have an "all-rounder" of a striker at the club (the last being Ciftci) that can play a lone striker comfortably.

Based on what we've got available I'd say (certainly for home games we expect to win) we should be playing N'koyi, for his physical and aerial presence, along with either McDonald or Keatings. This then leaves us with a quality striking option off the bench.

This. Because McDonald is first choice and is never a lone striker, play him with N'Koyi and we will score goals

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Wasn't at Paisley but by all accounts Fyvie was horrendous.

Billy King has flattered to deceive in a lot of games.

I'd be tempted with your 4-4-2 but putting Stanton in for King. Would allow Robson the freedom to attack.

Really think Ray needs to try something different and needs to start players based on their form not on their reputations.

Fyvie needed to loose a few pounds last time i saw him so fingers crossed 2 weeks has made the difference.

As for King, i agree about flattering to deceive as my minds not made up on him yet. He has had a hand in some of our goals of late and changed the game last week.

Ray also needs to stop experimenting with Allardice as he for me will make a braw midfielder for us once others move on.

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 01:10 PM

Welcome to the right side :) if he wins 8-0 like fair dos. One up top at home against Dumbarton - woohooo

edit to say: its Mcdonald up on his own by looks of team