PDA

View Full Version : A silver lining......

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 05:00 PM
.....other results helped us out and entertainment is always near-by!

one team in city
09-09-2017, 05:06 PM
what planet you on

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Here! Our cloud can rumble on, but at least we can get a smile out of other results! Last i looked it was not the end of the world and there is life after football. Something i may well exercise over the next 2 Saturdays!

DerryJungle
09-09-2017, 05:12 PM
.....other results helped us out and entertainment is always near-by!

The silver lining is that a performance and result like that edges Ray closer to the sack.Which can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Hoofballer
09-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Aye......but if the "fix" is John Hughes, Billy Davies or Danny Lennon as being mooted we're in for more of the same!

ianharab
09-09-2017, 05:31 PM
I doubt any of the names above would serve up the same drivel , actually I think you can pick a supporter oot the crowd that would make a better fist o things

ianharab
09-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Chick I think a lot o guys will be exercising that right and no-one could blame them

SmedDUm
10-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Silver linings x 2

1) One home defeat in 30.
2) The premier league table.

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Silver linings x 2

I am finding it hard to care about either of these as i just feel we will have the same nonsense from Ray for coming months

SmedDUm
10-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Yesterday's league game was our 5th, not our 5th last.
Had it been our 5th last we would have cause for concern.
Patience please.

Chick A Saw
10-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Yesterday's league game was our 5th, not our 5th last.
Had it been our 5th last we would have cause for concern.
Patience please.

But even you must see that we have been rank for a long time and that continues even with Rays "own" squad.

SmedDUm
10-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Ach we'll gub Falkirk next week & everything will be hunkydory.
It's the way of the world.

We complete the first half of the league campaign on Dec 23rd at home to Livingstone.
That may be the time to judge.

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 10:40 AM

We complete the first half of the league campaign on Dec 23rd at home to Livingstone.

Needs more than one win. If that happened and systems changed with more direct play fine i want utd to win every game but can Ray change his philosophy. We dont have 3 years for him to get it right. Needs to fight fire with fire in this league - not Scott Fraser with fire

Chick A Saw
10-09-2017, 10:44 AM

You know what, that first part might just encourage me to change my mind again and head through.

And 3 weeks ago i agreed with waiting to half way, but at that point last season, we were top of the league and the wheels fell off. I just dont see the unbeaten run we embarked on last season after game 6 defeat away to Falkirk!

ianharab
10-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Don't think Falkirk have won a game yet , what's the betting it happens next week ? , happens with us all the time

Sutherland Arab
10-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Don't think Falkirk have won a game yet , what's the betting it happens next week ? , happens with us all the time

I'd bet everything Falkirk will easily beat us next week.

Jedi u-Knighted
10-09-2017, 01:56 PM
We are usually the Red Cross in footballing terms, any teams needing a shot in the arm, we'll likely give them one.

ballumbie_arab
10-09-2017, 02:00 PM

It's a fecking banker!!!

blackandtangerine
10-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Silver linings x 2

I fear you have been sniffing the linseed oil for yer cricket bats far too much

DerryJungle
10-09-2017, 06:28 PM
I fear you have been sniffing the linseed oil for yer cricket bats far too much

It's absolutely pointless trying to reason with him.

All is rosy in Smeddum's garden of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, where Stephen Thompson is king and the Dundee United manager is above criticism of any kind from the rebellious peasants.

Otm_Shank
11-09-2017, 12:56 AM
It's absolutely pointless trying to reason with him.

All is rosy in Smeddum's garden of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, where Stephen Thompson is king and the Dundee United manager is above criticism of any kind from the rebellious peasants.

.....unreal. the exact opposite can be said for folk like yourself. Having a go at people for admitting there is issues but looking for positives is mental

offshore_arab83
11-09-2017, 08:22 AM
.....unreal. the exact opposite can be said for folk like yourself. Having a go at people for admitting there is issues but looking for positives is mental

You were having a go at people on here last week OTM, people looking for positives is mental just now as theres not alot to be positive about