PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get things moving with an inexperienced Manager

billymorgan
09-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Never went to game but watched on Hun TV. Again some decent shifts went in but losing that goal after the Allan Substitution just before half time killed McCanns game plan. If Deacons header had went in at the start of the second half,then you never know,but we had to have a go at them to try and get back into the game,which left us open which they exploited. Two Zip would have been a fairer reflection of the game,but Oor lads were phucked.
My worry now is are we gonna get the hard lines tag,but get nothing out of games.
McCann has bundles of passion,but his inexperience is starting to show IMO. Things don't get any easier as next weeks fixture is another tough encounter.

deecom
09-09-2017, 06:03 PM
It was always going to be a gamble with an untried manager.
I still think he has made some good signings, but I think he has to change his mindset from looking to win games to playing not to lose and get some points on the board.
Saw the Hun game as well, never able to keep possession for any length of time.
McCann does sent know his first eleven yet, but he's not afraid to make changes,
Remember he's only been here five minutes, still think we will come right

ABERFELDYDEE
09-09-2017, 08:37 PM
It was always going to be a gamble with an untried manager.
I still think he has made some good signings, but I think he has to change his mindset from looking to win games to playing not to lose and get some points on the board.
Saw the Hun game as well, never able to keep possession for any length of time.
McCann does sent know his first eleven yet, but he's not afraid to make changes,
Remember he's only been here five minutes, still think we will come right

Bang on about keeping possesion
what do they do all week

Returnofrros
10-09-2017, 06:27 AM
I was disappointed with that yesterday.

Looked very soft. We had a couple of half chances but overall never put them under any pressure or kept the ball long enough to have them worried.

They look like 11 individuals all trying to justify their place in the team rather than playing as a team.

We need some points pot the next few games but to me confidence looked low yesterday.

Taintedice
10-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Straight out of the Jim Duffy 'let's play pretty football regardless' school of thought.