PDA

View Full Version : The bloke who wanted his ST money back...

kill_the_drum
09-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Wonder what he thinks to us being 3rd?!

SmiffyPie
09-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Wonder what he thinks to us being 3rd?!Last I heard he had gone round to Big Al's for a coffee.

countygump
09-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Wonder what he thinks to us being 3rd?!

*Sings* 'You don't know what you're doing'.

DaveSmithRules
10-09-2017, 11:12 AM
To be fair I think the issues of the "bloke who wanted his ST money back" were not about our performance on the pitch, but stemmed from the decisions made by our chairman about the Checkatrade trophy where he asked for fan opinions on PL youth teams being in it and then voted against those opinions anyway. From what I remember that fan had been a ST holder for many years, most of which had been dire, so he's obviously a loyal magpie who took exception to something that happened off the pitch rather than on it. That's if we're talking about the same bloke?

Having said this, if we continue in this current vein then frankly AH can do what he wants on Twitter and I won't complain a jot. It's only when we enter a run of bad form that I fear it might bite him on the arse having that direct a channel open with our fanbase.

COYP

Old_pie
10-09-2017, 01:24 PM
To be fair I think the issues of the "bloke who wanted his ST money back" were not about our performance on the pitch, but stemmed from the decisions made by our chairman about the Checkatrade trophy where he asked for fan opinions on PL youth teams being in it and then voted against those opinions anyway. From what I remember that fan had been a ST holder for many years, most of which had been dire, so he's obviously a loyal magpie who took exception to something that happened off the pitch rather than on it. That's if we're talking about the same bloke?

Having said this, if we continue in this current vein then frankly AH can do what he wants on Twitter and I won't complain a jot. It's only when we enter a run of bad form that I fear it might bite him on the arse having that direct a channel open with our fanbase.

COYP

The bloke said he was going to boycott Notts in the Checkatrade (and only the Checkatrade). It went along the lines that AH called those who did not support Notts in ALL competitions "not proper supporters", the bloke challenged AH citing his history of season tickets and asked if AH considered him not a proper supporter, AH retweeted someone else's comments "not proper supporter" in response. Some coffee and biscuits ensued but the issue was not resolved and at the last count the guy had NOT been refunded.

All a very unnecessary and unsavoury episode badly handled by AH in my view who seems to have denied any recollection of offering a refund.

Edit: ps the guy was still going to support Notts but only at away games.

Bohinen
10-09-2017, 03:14 PM
The last two posts are correct, and it really didn't need a 'where are you now' type thread.

Hardy would do well not to retweet posts from sycophantic idiots, but he does seem to be learning (maybe the reduced crowds have reined in his behaviour). Take this on Twitter today.

Keith Hickling‏ @hooleydooleyboy
Replying to @Bigalanh5

This will silence the doubting Thomas's, keep up the good work, COYP

But AH replies:

I hope we're winning them over. Just need the attendances to grow now and created an even better atmosphere

So he now seems to realise you don't attract customers by abusing them, unlike the idiot who tweeted.

tripie
10-09-2017, 06:34 PM
The last two posts are correct, and it really didn't need a 'where are you now' type thread.

Hardy would do well not to retweet posts from sycophantic idiots, but he does seem to be learning (maybe the reduced crowds have reined in his behaviour). Take this on Twitter today.

Keith Hickling‏ @hooleydooleyboy
Replying to @Bigalanh5

This will silence the doubting Thomas's, keep up the good work, COYP

But AH replies:

I hope we're winning them over. Just need the attendances to grow now and created an even better atmosphere

So he now seems to realise you don't attract customers by abusing them, unlike the idiot who tweeted.

Are you implying that there is a strong correlation between attendances and the owners twitter activity?

Big Bob
11-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Nallocks to him. he should've kept the faith. His loss

Iwantmypieback
11-09-2017, 07:28 AM

COYP

The gentleman in question on twitter seems to be part of a group that go around "outting frauds" what ever that means? They seem quite a toxic group to be honest and from the looks of it, probably don't attend many home games due to location anyway if their twitter Bios are to be believed

Old_pie
11-09-2017, 09:33 AM
The gentleman in question on twitter seems to be part of a group that go around "outting frauds" what ever that means? They seem quite a toxic group to be honest and from the looks of it, probably don't attend many home games due to location anyway if their twitter Bios are to be believed

I thought he said he'd had season tickets for the last 17 or so years. Doesn't matter too much whether he made all the home games, he's supported and financially too.

All AH had to say was "look forward to seeing you at league games", "thanks for your support", even "come up to the director's box as my guest next week".

queenslandpie
11-09-2017, 11:01 AM
I thought he said he'd had season tickets for the last 17 or so years. Doesn't matter too much whether he made all the home games, he's supported and financially too.

All AH had to say was "look forward to seeing you at league games", "thanks for your support", even "come up to the director's box as my guest next week".

Winning is all that matters. If this bloke has had season tickets for the last 17 years then I pity him. He's had about 1 good season and we cheated that year any way. I'm glad if he's not going to the games any more as he's probably some kind of evil curse. Look he's stopped going and we're third with a bunch of OAP's and forests youth team playing for us! Long may he stay away!

tarquinbeech
11-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Winning is all that matters. If this bloke has had season tickets for the last 17 years then I pity him. He's had about 1 good season and we cheated that year any way. I'm glad if he's not going to the games any more as he's probably some kind of evil curse. Look he's stopped going and we're third with a bunch of OAP's and forests youth team playing for us! Long may he stay away!

Queenie - Do you want to borrow some of my Empathy Tablets?.....I've got a few left, and they are working.....sporadically!

crazyfists
11-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Massive fail on the part of AH for me if there's not more to the story. So what if the supporter didn't want to go to games in a cup he doesn't believe in, he'd be like thousands of other supporters for various clubs up and down the country. After having a season ticket for 17 years when we have been in the main fcuking sh!te and that's being generous, to be called unloyal probably by alot of people who don't even go to games is a fcuking disgrace let's be honest. I don't like this tow the party line or we don't want you approach, stinks to high heaven in my mind and like old pie said he should have been told see you at league games and thanks for your continued support.

crazyfists
11-09-2017, 12:48 PM

Long may you stay away, easy to judge someone who's probably sat through more Cr@p football than you've had hot dinners.

Wedgie_pie
11-09-2017, 12:50 PM
I've been pleading with Mrs Wedgie for thirty years to stop renewing my season ticket for a Christmas present, but she won't bloody listen...wonder if its anything to do with her going away every fortnight to see he "friend" :s:s

tarquinbeech
11-09-2017, 03:26 PM
...wonder if its anything to do with her going away every fortnight to see her "friend" :s:s

It's the opposite here.....for 3 years now my girlfriend spends 12 days in San Luis and 2 days here, but when I was younger, being apart made me jealous of others sniffing around ......now at 60, it's a blessing that I don't care anymore!

I like the peace and tranquility....and the sleep.....my kitchen is spotless (she drives me crazy using 6 different pans to cook a meal...when I cook, it's everything together in the pressure cooker, which normally lasts 4 days)....my fridge isn't filled with countless half-opened packs of food, which leaves two full shelves for the beer!....plus my tools, knives, machetes, screwdrivers etc are exactly where I left them.

sidders
11-09-2017, 03:56 PM
It's the opposite here.....for 3 years now my girlfriend spends 12 days in San Luis and 2 days here, but when I was younger, being apart made me jealous of others sniffing around ......now at 60, it's a blessing that I don't care anymore!

I like the peace and tranquility....and the sleep.....my kitchen is spotless (she drives me crazy using 6 different pans to cook a meal...when I cook, it's everything together in the pressure cooker, which normally lasts 4 days)....my fridge isn't filled with countless half-opened packs of food, which leaves two full shelves for the beer!....plus my tools, knives, machetes, screwdrivers etc are exactly where I left them.

Bet you don't sleep well on the nights the machete's missing...

irish_pie
11-09-2017, 04:36 PM
At the risk of getting my head bitten off.... has anybodies opinion of the Checkatrade changed? It doesn't annoy me the way it used to....

irish_pie
11-09-2017, 04:38 PM

When's the house party Tarq? :)

queenslandpie
11-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Long may you stay away, easy to judge someone who's probably sat through more Cr@p football than you've had hot dinners.

It's always good to see when yee of low intelligence can see when I am having a little light hearted fun. Plus due to the heat here I mainly eat salad in the evening so I do suppose your latter comment is correct.

queenslandpie
11-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Queenie - Do you want to borrow some of my Empathy Tablets?.....I've got a few left, and they are working.....sporadically!

I'm already on them can't you see the improvement you foolish old idiot?

tarquinbeech
11-09-2017, 10:57 PM
I'm already on them can't you see the improvement you foolish old idiot?

**** you...you Aussie barsteward!!!!!........Oops, forget to take the tablet

tarquinbeech
11-09-2017, 11:02 PM
When's the house party Tarq? :)

Honestly Irish, I've been in a few jails after slapping the younger guys that were sniffing around.....reaching 60 is a blessing....it's saving me a fortune in legal fees..

ps The party is next week.......£50 admission fee and all you can eat!!

queenslandpie
12-09-2017, 08:37 AM
**** you...you Aussie barsteward!!!!!........Oops, forget to take the tablet

I'll be joining the way of the tarkers soon as in a few weeks I am going "woop woop" as they say here and getting back to the land. Google woop woop or wikipedia it.

Just found out no cable internet speed is half and price is double. Instantly regretted my decision!