PDA

View Full Version : Today v Burton

pete1967b
09-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Thought i would give my insight to those who couldnt get today,

Firstly people might say its only Burton well thats bull****, We deserve so much credit from this game,

From the first minute to the last we were brilliant all over the pitch, No team can contain quick passing and quick one twos and constant movement from players who want the ball, Yes every player wants the ball this is a big difference,

Siaz oozes class and the lad from Hamburg is a real find on his debut,Roofe is showing his talent too i could go on and on through the team, Have to give a mention to cooper too he has had his critics but has been flawless so far this season,Philips covered every blade of grass i havent been his biggest fan in the past but to see him lately makes me proud 5-0 up in last minute and he is chasing the opposition down,

Which brings me to my next point the reason i think we have set off good i know its early days and i am not one for getting ahead of myself but we are as good without the ball than with it the closing down and endevour to get it back when we lose it is immense,

Happy days at the minute when was the last time we had the best goal difference in the league as early as it is,Roll on Birmingham,

There isnt anything negative about our start we have so much strength in depth also, My favourite Viera cant even get on bench.MOT.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
09-09-2017, 06:40 PM

norfolk white
09-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Thanks Clive, coming up for the Ipswich game and can't wait, 53 years old and feel like a 5 year old at Xmas😁😁😁😁

Tichi1
09-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Can't fault that summing up Pete
Agree about Coops too - I was the first to criticise so I take it back - he's leading like a captain should.

spaldy
09-09-2017, 08:03 PM
we were very, very good listening to to the radio.

we are very good this year. we managed, well coached and the squad is very very good. burton is better than the score line would indicate.

we will be going up if we keep playing like this. we'd have beaten anyone in the championship today and likely most of the prem teams.

Blackspaven
09-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Mentioned before that from what I've seen i've been impressed with the closing down we are doing. Like the Barca 7 second rule, haven't seen a leeds team do that like this.... ever! :)

Billyni
09-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Cant wait until we gel and actually start playing as a team. That guy Lassoga apparently hadnt played since November. Perhaps he needs some more 'game' time

SouthgateWhite
09-09-2017, 10:10 PM
It was impressive to see Christiansen coaching Pontus and Ayling even in the 85th minute and even remonstrating that they weren't moving the ball fwd !!!
Happy days :)

joellufcprice
09-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Things are certainly looking good, it has been a long time since I've watched a Leeds side capable of putting a team completely to the sword and not giving them a sniff. We've done that twice now, whereas last year and in seasons past we may have beaten them, but struggled to a 1-0 or 2-1 win with barely any attempts.

Forest performance was brilliant but today was outstanding against a Burton side who are no mugs, they're not top half but they'll beat a lot of good teams this year and frustrate others, we made them look like a pub team.

Certainly feeling incredibly positive, first year I've thought we look like really scoring a lot of goals in a season and that will set us up well

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
09-09-2017, 10:33 PM
bring on any team this season, we will give them a game, no doubts there, Thomas is a winner, his career suggests this and it is happening right now, loving the season so far, long may our unbeaten record live!

Rev72
09-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Happy days :)

Leighdsunited
09-09-2017, 11:46 PM
We were fantastic today.
True Burton weren't great but it could have been 10 nil.
The movement and work rate were top notch.