PDA

View Full Version : If Thompson Loves United Like He Says He Does

arabian_ian
09-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Then McKinnon will have his jotters on Monday morning.

Get a real manager in and not the bargain basement dross we have endured for the past 2 years.

PortugueseFrank
09-09-2017, 06:41 PM
No money to sack and pay compo to a club for their gaffer.

It’ll be sack then a replacement not currently in work.

We couldn’t even temp St Mirren’s gaffer if we wanted to.

And whoever comes in will only get backed on a one in one out basis.

Arabs4ever
09-09-2017, 06:43 PM
I wonder what he thought of that performance from the top tier of the ET stand? Hope he can see all the empty seats.

tHeArAb
09-09-2017, 06:53 PM
No money to sack and pay compo to a club for their gaffer.

It’ll be sack then a replacement not currently in work.

We couldn’t even temp St Mirren’s gaffer if we wanted to.

And whoever comes in will only get backed on a one in one out basis.

We dont need anyone in or out imo. We just need a manager who can get the best out of them.

An old shed boy
09-09-2017, 08:11 PM
ST is a disaster but he's backed Mackinnon this year.
Whatever faults ST has and they're plenty he isn't responsible for Mackinnons inability to manage the players.

Hoofballer
09-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Whatever faults ST has and they're plenty he isn't responsible for Mackinnons inability to manage the players.

Spanked money backing Sackie and Mixu too, but he's the joker who appointed all three

An old shed boy
09-09-2017, 08:38 PM
He did appoint all three but it's Mackinnons inability to manage that's the problem.

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 08:44 PM

My criteria for backing a manager appears to be far different from yours. It looks to me like Ray had to identify players then go cap in hand to get them. Once he was into the luxury section, he had to ship players out prior to getting the likes of Fyvie in.

Backing the manager to me is, here is a great big war chest so go and get your luxury players! However, that in no way excuses what has come to pass since!

An old shed boy
09-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Difference of opinion Chick which is fine.
For me I don't think it would matter who Mackinnon brought in he's not the manager we need.
Another Cathro maybe?
Full of theory but no man management skills.
How much longer can we allow him on charge?

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Difference of opinion Chick which is fine.
For me I don't think it would matter who Mackinnon brought in he's not the manager we need.
Another Cathro maybe?
Full of theory but no man management skills.
How much longer can we allow him on charge?

Like many have said, on paper that squad would look good for the bottom half of the top flight so there is something missing.

And i think you may be right in comparison to Cathro. They have both done very well at youth level in the local area with some of what i believe to be some of Rays shining lights breaking into the team now. Ray then did well at Lochee, Brechin and Raith, but all of a sudden(ok for a while) looks out of his depth!

An old shed boy
09-09-2017, 09:06 PM
To be blunt he's on course to take relieve Brewster as our worst ever manager.

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Like many have said, on paper that squad would look good for the bottom half of the top flight so there is something missing.

And i think you may be right in comparison to Cathro. They have both done very well at youth level in the local area with some of what i believe to be some of Rays shining lights breaking into the team now. Ray then did well at Lochee, Brechin and Raith, but all of a sudden(ok for a while) looks out of his depth!

This isnt having a go and is just my perspective agree with what you are saying but Ray has looked out his depth for 9-10 months. Before that it was bedding in. We are still bedding in apparently. His Arabzone interview is a disgrace again. Deluded and dangerous.

I wanted him to succeed - i just cant see where its coming from. He seems stubborn like mcnamara and cathro and as inflexible in his philosophy as them.

1 up top with 2 holding mids and 6 defensive outfield players and we lose a goal to a part time team at home after 4 minutes.

Classic

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 09:09 PM
To be blunt he's on course to take relieve Brewster as our worst ever manager.

I personally think he has done that - its a division below afterall.

Chick A Saw
09-09-2017, 09:30 PM
This isnt having a go and is just my perspective agree with what you are saying but Ray has looked out his depth for 9-10 months. Before that it was bedding in. We are still bedding in apparently. His Arabzone interview is a disgrace again. Deluded and dangerous.

I wanted him to succeed - i just cant see where its coming from. He seems stubborn like mcnamara and cathro and as inflexible in his philosophy as them.

1 up top with 2 holding mids and 6 defensive outfield players and we lose a goal to a part time team at home after 4 minutes.

Classic

Dont see that as having a go, just adding to the argument.

Although i was willing to give Ray time to gather his own squad, there was plenty for me to moan about along the way. Playing players out of position, changing the team each week, shelling the ball to VDV from out of the sun and persisting with Fraser, out of position. Then some of the performances were shocking! Thankfully United have ****ed my arabzone account so i cant hear his excuses for now!

So yes i wanted him to succeed, but all i see is a capable squad with the same old mistakes being made, and that only comes from one place!

What pisses me off the most is when we got near the box 1st half today, its like they were back at the warm up, "hey, your ba, hey nice football, hey your ba, hey nice football" but nae GET THE BAW IN THE FECKIN NET!

LSArab
09-09-2017, 09:34 PM
For me there is only one candidate for the post - tomobola Mixu

Didn't play erskine most of the season. Seemed to have dropped him because he signed pre contract in Jan. Then suddenly erskine is playing in the semi at hampden.

Every time we found a winning team and seemed to have turned a corner he would mess things up.

He cared a lot which was good but he was truly terrible as manager.

ST wouldn't pay or couldn't get a decent manager - we got Mixu and went down.

I really believe an average manager with that group of players would have kept us up easy

Arabs4ever
10-09-2017, 12:16 PM
I didn't realise that DUFC had a pulse? :O

stokearab
10-09-2017, 07:01 PM
So to sum up we have a chairman who is unqualified for office and has bankrupted our club, a manager who is out of his depth, and because the chairman has bankrupted the club, no money to pay off the manager even if the incompetent chairman wants to.

F uck me what a mess.

stokearab
10-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Next it'll be Willo in the Hall of Fame

We are a joke. Ram is right. We need to start with the Chairman. He needs to feel the heat on the street. He'll soon find a buyer when he can't walk through the Ferry without stress.
Sorry to say this but desperate times call for desperate measures.

DerryJungle
10-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Next it'll be Willo in the Hall of Fame

We are a joke. Ram is right. We need to start with the Chairman. He needs to feel the heat on the street. He'll soon find a buyer when he can't walk through the Ferry without stress.
Sorry to say this but desperate times call for desperate measures.

He's a St. Andrews man now.

stokearab
10-09-2017, 07:39 PM

Following in Jackies footsteps eh?

£550 won't buy you so many Lattes there but I'll ask my sister to smack him when she sees him B)

stokearab
10-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Clearly a man with serious personal problems if "rumour" is to be believed, but maybe one reason for flitting tae Fife is that he was indeed beginning to feel the heat in Dundee. We need to turn it up on this charlatan if we are to have a club left to support.

Surely the Fed, the Trust (who I ermm don't trust) and FU can organise a picket? And I'm serious!

If he can't walk the streets he WILL drop his price.

And hopefully f uck off to Australia.

(For the legal advisors looking in I am not suggesting for one minute anything illegal, or suggesting that any harm should come to any individual who has the right to walk unmolested)

Chick A Saw
10-09-2017, 08:10 PM

Yeah! Tell you what, that would add some spice to a rumour from Jackies demise! Someone should be asking some serious questions of recent goings on.

stokearab
10-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Yeah! Tell you what, that would add some spice to a rumour from Jackies demise! Someone should be asking some serious questions of recent goings on.

Chick it's not illegal to sha g the same woman as your manager was sh a gging. Not saying that's the case but with Stephen Thomson it seems you can rule nothing out. Get that man OUT OF OUR CLUB

Unqualified
Incompetent
Arrogant
Hypocrite
Money grabber

Chick A Saw
10-09-2017, 08:21 PM
The question is where then and any connection to now?

Got even more questions running through my head now!

stokearab
10-09-2017, 08:28 PM
The question is where then and any connection to now?

Got even more questions running through my head now!

If he returns us to success I have no problem who anyone sh ags (as long as it's legal)
It's desperate that the very son of one of our best ever Chairmen has turned into the worst Chairman ever to pull up a chair to the boardroom table.

Chick A Saw
10-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Im gonna stop reading you postings as you are planting even more questions in my head that only one man can answer!