PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody think Raymond should stay ?

An old shed boy
09-09-2017, 10:31 PM
If so why ?

arab81
09-09-2017, 10:39 PM
This ill be a quiet thread 😁

RaysRedEye
09-09-2017, 11:05 PM
If so why ?

Is there any need for another thread on this?

RAM1971
10-09-2017, 08:45 AM
I hope Ray does not leave of his own volition simply because I believe our hopes will be raised yet again and another duffer will be employed to replace him, i.e. under the current ownership/direction of the Club. It is time to address the problems at the Club at their source. That source has stated in the past that the buck stops with him!

An old shed boy
10-09-2017, 09:19 AM

I opened it as a new thread because I'm interested in whether he actually has any support on this forum.

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 09:22 AM

Yes the "Is anyone undecided about Ray" thread ;D

And just to get an old Lemonheads song in to Utd Mad the "It's a shame about Ray" thread

darrenshedtastic
10-09-2017, 09:23 AM
im not at the gtf Ray stage yet but even my patience is going thin!.

i keep on giving him the benefit of the doubt over last season but he needs to pull something out now because if people like myself (who normally will defend people all the way) are losing patience it must be bad!

i hope he turns it round and gets us up but performances like yesterday wont help!

Chick A Saw
10-09-2017, 10:34 AM
The one, or maybe 2 things that might save Rays bacon is the fact that the last 2 managers had to have a gagging clause put into their departure agreement. I really have to ask why this is required?

shedka
10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
im not at the gtf Ray stage yet but even my patience is going thin!.

i keep on giving him the benefit of the doubt over last season but he needs to pull something out now because if people like myself (who normally will defend people all the way) are losing patience it must be bad!

i hope he turns it round and gets us up but performances like yesterday wont help!

That's where I am, yesterday isn't acceptable for DUFC, we know what Dumbarton are like so start with two upfront and go for them and don't mess about and gift then an early lead to hold onto then only come alive in the second half, the only saving grace from yesterday is not actually losing and results kinda half going for us

My worry about changing manager early is that you are kind of giving up on promotion (certainly automatic), a new man isn't going to come in and win us the league this season imo, can Ray? Not unless he changes things asap

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 10:47 AM
For the record i hope he turns it round. I genuinely like Ray and have met him as a player with big Dunc many many times - some years ago of course.

No doubt issue is at top - its a shambles. But he has got the players and is not using them effectively - again!

When i see his interviews i actually genuinely feel sad and sorry for him. They are now a tad gringeworthy.

Hearing we cant afford to get rid - if thats the case one of ST's direct reports or himself should be round his house now saying its unacceptable and what are you doing about it. I would also suggest he resigns but i am sure he wont.

Ive no issue with him not being OTT on touchline I just have an issue with his philosophy and ability to motivate. The players dont seem to know what they are supposed to do. I would make Briels captain or Quinn - they both moan like phuck and we need that.

TerryTheTerror
10-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Hands up, I wasn't at the game yesterday (on the way to Cyprus) so this opinion is certainly tainted but, I am still behind Ray. It's far too early in the season to judge in my opinion, this is a new team the manager has put together and it's going to take some to get them playing.

I totally understand the frustration and can see folks viewpoint but I think it'd be totally counter productive to change management at this stage.

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Hands up, I wasn't at the game yesterday (on the way to Cyprus) so this opinion is certainly tainted but, I am still behind Ray. It's far too early in the season to judge in my opinion, this is a new team the manager has put together and it's going to take some to get them playing.

I totally understand the frustration and can see folks viewpoint but I think it'd be totally counter productive to change management at this stage.

Thats actually a fair comment about it being too early. I think many have simply lost confidence and its not this season really - the last 2 games have confirmed to many what they felt last season.

enjoy Cyprus you globe trotter you!

NOSCOTCAPS
10-09-2017, 11:49 AM
I am 40 for and 60 against him staying. My only niggling thing is, is that he had us top by Xmas last season, after some poor to average performances BUT could not capitalise. End of the month will hopefully clear my mind either way.

SmedDUm
10-09-2017, 11:50 AM
For the record i hope he turns it round. I genuinely like Ray and have met him as a player with big Dunc many many times - some years ago of course.

No doubt issue is at top - its a shambles. But he has got the players and is not using them effectively - again!

When i see his interviews i actually genuinely feel sad and sorry for him. They are now a tad gringeworthy.

Hearing we cant afford to get rid - if thats the case one of ST's direct reports or himself should be round his house now saying its unacceptable and what are you doing about it. I would also suggest he resigns but i am sure he wont.

Ive no issue with him not being OTT on touchline I just have an issue with his philosophy and ability to motivate. The players dont seem to know what they are supposed to do. I would make Briels captain or Quinn - they both moan like phuck and we need that.

Hearing from who we can't afford to get rid?
That's rubbish s71.
I'm hearing management change is nowhere near the Club's agenda at present.
Don't believe every sentiment you read on here, you can get a very twisted view.

SmedDUm
10-09-2017, 11:52 AM
I am 40 for and 60 against him staying. My only niggling thing is, is that he had us top by Xmas last season, after some poor to average performances BUT could not capitalise. End of the month will hopefully clear my mind either way.

End of December month NSC.

JUSTaway
10-09-2017, 11:53 AM
the last 3 performances were as bad as anything last season, with no evidence we will get better.

The manager seems incapable of builiding a balanced squad/team, doesnt seem to have the contacts, the main criteria for getting signed this season seems to have been that you play in scotland and were available, and the jury is out on Briels and Nkoyi, re-signed murdoch and Flood when the money on wages could have been better spent. The recruitement is not purely McKinnons fault though, the club has had no recruitment policy other than leaving managers to get on with it, appointing a director of scouting who has had 2 months at the tale end of last season to try and scout players just means you are playing catch up.

Other teams might not have as talented players but the sum of their parts makes them better teams.

We are neither tough enough to mix it physically or good enought to blow teams away. It just feels like this is inevitably building to McKinnon getting the punt, and likey just a case of can he drag it on a bit longer with a few results, or whether it will come to a head sooner.

I actually wouldnt have been so annoyed about his appointment had ST done due dilligence and explored all options available last summer, but he seemed to hold his hands up and say mistakes had been made, lessons learnt, and then jumped straight in and appointed McKinnon almost immediately without taking his time and exploring all options. Had he took his time and go the right man, we would have still finished in the play-offs with prob a better chance to get up, and been better ready to get back up this season, going up first time was always a long shot last season with the player turnover and resources available to us compared to hibs, he should have taken a longer term approach.

As it is, a lot of the better managers will look at the club in the state of flux it is and not even entertain coming to us, and ST will prob make same mistakes and appoint a diddy.

Arabs4ever
10-09-2017, 11:54 AM
I think Laurie Ellis, Stuart Garden & Dave Bowman want him to stay. Tactical masterminds the three of them.

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Hearing from who we can't afford to get rid?
That's rubbish s71.
I'm hearing management change is nowhere near the Club's agenda at present.
Don't believe every sentiment you read on here, you can get a very twisted view.

probably

one team in city
10-09-2017, 12:35 PM
probably

he should go now ***an clueless 1 up front says it all:P

ianharab
10-09-2017, 12:57 PM
T , you are very lucky you missed that shambles yesterday , it was that bad I couldn't even bring myself to celebrate the equaliser , after being at Paisley as well i was embarrassed leaving the ground , enjoy your holiday mate , believe me you won't be missing anything

USArab
10-09-2017, 02:03 PM

As above, too early to judge for all sorts of reasons.

arab_plumber
10-09-2017, 02:05 PM
That's where I am, yesterday isn't acceptable for DUFC, we know what Dumbarton are like so start with two upfront and go for them and don't mess about and gift then an early lead to hold onto then only come alive in the second half, the only saving grace from yesterday is not actually losing and results kinda half going for us

My worry about changing manager early is that you are kind of giving up on promotion (certainly automatic), a new man isn't going to come in and win us the league this season imo, can Ray? Not unless he changes things asap
Absolute nonsense Shedka a proper manager would have this shambles turned around in 3/4 weeks and we'd hardly be miles off the pace by then anyway.

Ray has been a poor manager from start to finish and only the head in the sand brigade couldn't see it ,he promised we'd be at it yesterday after two weeks to work things out......

Ray talks a lot but never accepts his own massive short comings ,the buck stops with him and the reason we're struggling is his dire tactics and incredible team selections

shedka
10-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Not rubbish at all, if we change manager we definitely won't be getting promoted automatically this season imo, first of all its no guarantee we will get someone where it will work out and that will do better

Still a wee bit early for giving Ray the boot aftet 5 games but things need to improve in the next few league games or it will become inevitable, I like Ray so really hope he can get us some wins in the next run of games

shedka
10-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Also don't think you can blame McKinnon for our players gifting them that early goal, players have to take responsibility there, was nothing to do with shape or tactics, made the game much more difficult than it had to be

offshore_arab83
10-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Not rubbish at all, if we change manager we definitely won't be getting promoted automatically this season imo, first of all its no guarantee we will get someone where it will work out and that will do better

Disagree shedka, that was brutal again yesterday, surely a new manager can improve with the players we have and the players we have should be enough to win the league

shedka
10-09-2017, 02:34 PM
We definitely won't be getting automatic promotion with a managerial change imo, that's why think it could be a negative thing to do at this stage so early when he doesn't really deserve the sack (yet), not this early when a couple results in the coming weeks could see things turn around

arab_plumber
10-09-2017, 02:55 PM
We definitely won't be getting automatic promotion with a managerial change imo, that's why think it could be a negative thing to do at this stage so early when he doesn't really deserve the sack (yet), not this early when a couple results in the coming weeks could see things turn around

You're mental if you believe that

We'd still be top by Xmas if we got the right man in,this league is pish

TerryTheTerror
10-09-2017, 03:24 PM
We'd still be top by Xmas if we got the right man in...

And there's the rub. What are the chances, given our board's recent record?

tHeArAb
10-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Bafling that anyone thinks we DEFINITELY wont win the league with a managerial change. Jesus christ man. McKinnon is ****ing clueless. With the players we have we could walk this league with the right man in charge who installs the right mentality into these players. These players will be walking around thinking the same as what McKinnon is saying...'ach we'll improve, were a new team, it'll take time, we'll get better'. All this ****e comes from the manager and his players will be walking around with the same mentality. Get him to **** and get a Levein type in who will have these players giving a helluva lot more than what they are currently giving. There is a weak mentality about these players and that comes from one man.

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Absolute nonsense Shedka a proper manager would have this shambles turned around in 3/4 weeks and we'd hardly be miles off the pace by then anyway.

Ray has been a poor manager from start to finish and only the head in the sand brigade couldn't see it ,he promised we'd be at it yesterday after two weeks to work things out......

Ray talks a lot but never accepts his own massive short comings ,the buck stops with him and the reason we're struggling is his dire tactics and incredible team selections

Agree 100% here

shedboy71
10-09-2017, 04:02 PM
And there's the rub. What are the chances, given our board's recent record?

phucking depressingly true.....

PortugueseFrank
10-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Yesterday was one of the most damning indictments there could be.

1. What about the “reaction” from St Mirren game? If that’s their reaction. God help us if we go on a 4/5 game winless run.

2. Dumbarton are part time. Probably train on council pitches, we train at state-of-the-art St Andrews. They train two times a week, three max. In the first half in particular they shamed the full time “pro” United players in fitness, organisation, movement, hunger. That’s a damning indictment on the players and the coaches. Performances like that render St Andrews a complete waste of money. Embarrassing.

3. Inability to score from open play is an alarm bell that must be heeded. Denial is no good. I don’t think McKinnon knows the meaning of the word “overload” must have been sick the day of that course at Largs.

4. The lack of talking on the pitch between players was deeply troubling. Communication between players is fundamental for successful football.

All in all. Someone at the club needs to grab things by the scruff and start kicking arses and setting out what is and is not acceptable. The fans are already showing what they find unnaceptable by simply deciding not to attend. As usual the club looks like it will be late to the party.

Hell mend McKinnon and hell mend the board and owners if they don’t see yesterday’s first in half in particular as a need for arses to be kicked throughout the club. From top to bottom.

GingerPetric
10-09-2017, 04:17 PM

Still a wee bit early for giving Ray the boot aftet 5 games but things need to improve in the next few league games or it will become inevitable, I like Ray so really hope he can get us some wins in the next run of games

Are you allowed to use definitely and imo in the same sentence? 😉

That is like your Jackie-esque arguments over the past couple of years, namely "he definitely would have kept us up"!

I want Ray to succeed but he really needs to do something to give fans hope and belief. There is NO sign of that at the moment.

Oh for the days of CL and PH when you not only agreed with the starting 11 the majority of the time but you could also usually work out what subbies were going to be made as the game panned out.

Ray doesn't know what his best formation is (judging with his persistence for 4-2-3-1) and he certainly has no idea of his strongest 11.

I didn't go yesterday (no ST) as the young lad (has ST) preferred to play football with his mates. It would seem that a fair few ST holders and PATG regulars gave yesterday a swerve (from reading the threads on here) on the back of the guff that is being served up under Ray.

ahlltanyirhide
10-09-2017, 09:09 PM
If the club haven't got the money to sack the kunt, then they need to find the money to bring someone in to help him because he is seriously out of his depth. Bring in Yogi Hughes, he would be able to motivate the players. I know he's not the best manager in the world but he usually manages to get the best out of his players. Sacking McKinnon would cost a small fortune, which we don't have. Hiring Hughes to mentor the glaykit kunt would be much more affordable.

Whitfieldarab
10-09-2017, 09:32 PM
If the club haven't got the money to sack the kunt, then they need to find the money to bring someone in to help him because he is seriously out of his depth. Bring in Yogi Hughes, he would be able to motivate the players. I know he's not the best manager in the world but he usually manages to get the best out of his players. Sacking McKinnon would cost a small fortune, which we don't have. Hiring Hughes to mentor the glaykit kunt would be much more affordable.

Hughes again FFS.

The mans an imbecile. Let it go.

Sutherland Arab
10-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Yesterday was one of the most damning indictments there could be.

1. What about the “reaction” from St Mirren game? If that’s their reaction. God help us if we go on a 4/5 game winless run.

2. Dumbarton are part time. Probably train on council pitches, we train at state-of-the-art St Andrews. They train two times a week, three max. In the first half in particular they shamed the full time “pro” United players in fitness, organisation, movement, hunger. That’s a damning indictment on the players and the coaches. Performances like that render St Andrews a complete waste of money. Embarrassing.

3. Inability to score from open play is an alarm bell that must be heeded. Denial is no good. I don’t think McKinnon knows the meaning of the word “overload” must have been sick the day of that course at Largs.

4. The lack of talking on the pitch between players was deeply troubling. Communication between players is fundamental for successful football.

All in all. Someone at the club needs to grab things by the scruff and start kicking arses and setting out what is and is not acceptable. The fans are already showing what they find unnaceptable by simply deciding not to attend. As usual the club looks like it will be late to the party.

Hell mend McKinnon and hell mend the board and owners if they don’t see yesterday’s first in half in particular as a need for arses to be kicked throughout the club. From top to bottom.

Agree with this 100%.

Hoofballer
10-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Hughes again FFS.

The mans an imbecile. Let it go.

Agreed.

Wullie
10-09-2017, 11:28 PM
It's an easy thing to do to call Yogi an imbecible....Shree this, shree that......sounds dim.

That imbecible eclipsed anything 'Sir Craig' achieved with United and based on resources, he did better than Houstie did.

Inverness, Inverphuckingness.

Scottish Cup champions, 3rd in the league, Europe.

I'm not making a case for him, just that he's achieved more in the game than a guy most of our fans would pull the heid aff it, were he to return.

Medals on the table.

We're in a position where we've allowed a manager to cherry pick teams all around us, signed another few probably above championship level and we've scored 5 goals in 5 league games......

Potential league winners with the disparity in budgets should've put 5 goals past Brechin and Dumbarton alone.

Instead we get one paced, tippy tappy pish, lumping long balls to midgets, it's negative as phuck, at Tannadice we should be steamrolling teams, instead we're subjected to 90 minutes of chess.

I don't give a phuck who our new manager is, but I hope to buggery he understands that the ball has to move around at more than walking pace.

Whitfieldarab
11-09-2017, 07:31 AM
It's an easy thing to do to call Yogi an imbecible....Shree this, shree that......sounds dim.

That imbecible eclipsed anything 'Sir Craig' achieved with United and based on resources, he did better than Houstie did.

Inverness, Inverphuckingness.

Scottish Cup champions, 3rd in the league, Europe.

I'm not making a case for him, just that he's achieved more in the game than a guy most of our fans would pull the heid aff it, were he to return.

Medals on the table.

We're in a position where we've allowed a manager to cherry pick teams all around us, signed another few probably above championship level and we've scored 5 goals in 5 league games......

Potential league winners with the disparity in budgets should've put 5 goals past Brechin and Dumbarton alone.

Instead we get one paced, tippy tappy pish, lumping long balls to midgets, it's negative as phuck, at Tannadice we should be steamrolling teams, instead we're subjected to 90 minutes of chess.

I don't give a phuck who our new manager is, but I hope to buggery he understands that the ball has to move around at more than walking pace.

You missed out the fact he was relegated with Raith in our so called sh*tey league.

No doubt he done well with Inverness but so did Brewster:O

chayirbazov
11-09-2017, 07:46 AM
The ****s useless, we dinny get rid soon nae danger we will go up. Nothing's changed fae last year, he's oot oh his depth, we dinny go up this year wir ****ed.
**** off McKinnon

chayirbazov
11-09-2017, 07:48 AM
You missed out the fact he was relegated with Raith in our so called sh*tey league.

No doubt he done well with Inverness but so did Brewster:O
Raith were in free fall when he took charge, so think it's unfair to judge him on that.

chayirbazov
11-09-2017, 08:03 AM

****ing spot on mate, if fowk canny see that McKinnon is useless, well wir ****ed

Whitfieldarab
11-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Raith were in free fall when he took charge, so think it's unfair to judge him on that.

Dundee were in free fall with Hartley so how did diddy McCann manage save them?

Sorry but Hughes wouldn't be the man for me. Just my opinion.

chayirbazov
11-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Bafling that anyone thinks we DEFINITELY wont win the league with a managerial change. Jesus christ man. McKinnon is ****ing clueless. With the players we have we could walk this league with the right man in charge who installs the right mentality into these players. These players will be walking around thinking the same as what McKinnon is saying...'ach we'll improve, were a new team, it'll take time, we'll get better'. All this ****e comes from the manager and his players will be walking around with the same mentality. Get him to **** and get a Levein type in who will have these players giving a helluva lot more than what they are currently giving. There is a weak mentality about these players and that comes from one man.
Here ****ing here.

chayirbazov
11-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Dundee were in free fall with Hartley so how did diddy McCann manage save them?

Sorry but Hughes wouldn't be the man for me. Just my opinion.

There were a few clubs in free fall, no just the filth.

TerryTheTerror
11-09-2017, 08:25 AM
I find it really weird that anyone thinks we should easily win this league and I think that's at the root of wanting Ray out. Hibs we in it for 3 years, Sevco for 2, both much bigger clubs than us.

offshore_arab83
11-09-2017, 08:52 AM
I find it really weird that anyone thinks we should easily win this league and I think that's at the root of wanting Ray out. Hibs we in it for 3 years, Sevco for 2, both much bigger clubs than us.

But they were in the league at the same time as each other, plus hearts were there too, now its just us, with a superior budget compared to everyone else, we should win the league but we wont with him in charge

Chick A Saw
11-09-2017, 08:52 AM

Never ever thought this was gonna be easy, but our team almost certainly does not look like its capable of putting in the effort that every other team seems capable of doing! Now Ray has collected a team that on paper i think everyone agrees are good enough to get us out of here, but even you must see that there is something not right!

Daly9
11-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Very rarely does a manager turn this kind of wave of negativity around so I reckon it's got to the stage where it's a matter of time.

We obviously travel to Falkirk on Saturday. Whilst that's traditionally been a difficult place to go, they have had one of their worst starts to a season at this level in years. Winless, conceded 12 (a tally only matched by Brechin) in their 5 matches and their fans are calling for Houston's head.

Failure to win his game should be the last straw. We have already played the other 3 teams in the bottom 4 and although we have 7 points to show for it, we've only managed a measly 3 goals, only 1 of which was from open play. Performances completely unacceptable.

The St Mirren match showed what happens when come up against one of the better sides and with Morton and Dunfermline to follow, we're in huge trouble if things don't change fast.

darrenshedtastic
11-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Falkirk is a big indicator for me.

if we win with a decent performance then it shows we've maybe turned a corner and are capable of winning this league while continuing are bookies main rivals down right at the start of the season piling pressure on houston.

if we lose then ray will be under even more pressure and we've allowed a rival gain some confidence.

a humping to either side and i reckon losing manager will be sacked.

shedboy71
11-09-2017, 03:12 PM
We have history of Falkirk away being the last straw for a failing manager. Still hope we pump them.

darrenshedtastic
11-09-2017, 03:36 PM
we also seem to always struggle on astro's. first game on astro this year lets see if different players react differently to it

TerryTheTerror
11-09-2017, 03:42 PM
we also seem to always struggle on astro's. first game on astro this year lets see if different players react differently to it

I'm not so sure, we've had some very decent results on astro pitches in recent times.

darrenshedtastic
11-09-2017, 03:46 PM
yeah a couple of decent results (qots and falkirk last year) but whenever ive went to an away game thats on astro we do seem to struggle abit normally at hamilton's.

hoping the falkirk win in the playoff will give us some confidence going into this knowing that we can actually win there.

Chick A Saw
11-09-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm not so sure, we've had some very decent results on astro pitches in recent times.

3-1, 3-0 and 1-2 are not decent results

1-4 and 4-2 are not decent results

1-0 is not a decent result

aggregate 13-9 and only 3 points!

chayirbazov
11-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Falkirk is a big indicator for me.

if we win with a decent performance then it shows we've maybe turned a corner and are capable of winning this league while continuing are bookies main rivals down right at the start of the season piling pressure on houston.

if we lose then ray will be under even more pressure and we've allowed a rival gain some confidence.

a humping to either side and i reckon losing manager will be sacked.

Ye can stick yir mortgage on it, Falkirk will git thir 1st win oh the season against us on Saturday

shed_boy_21
13-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Ye can stick yir mortgage on it, Falkirk will git thir 1st win oh the season against us on Saturday

Unfortunately I think you're right. I can see us taking a 3 or 4 nil tanking on saturday. McKinnon will still be in a job however, continuing to ramble his deluded pish about us not being far away, we'll click soon, judge us at Xmas etc!

Phuck off Ray!

TangerineDream
15-09-2017, 08:37 PM
I've just about managed to forget and erase that utter disgrace of a first half / team set up from last week.

So as has been said before............here's hoping Ray has learned from that aye, and the players. Cmon to fek United do the business the morn. ***** , ***** game , as they all are now. Do not let us down.

shedboy71
15-09-2017, 08:54 PM
I've just about managed to forget and erase that utter disgrace of a first half / team set up from last week.

So as has been said before............here's hoping Ray has learned from that aye, and the players. Cmon to fek United do the business the morn. ***** , ***** game , as they all are now. Do not let us down.

Yeah i know what you mean me too - steam into them and fans will be behind everything

offshore_arab83
16-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Depending on results he'll be away after this game

one team in city
16-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Depending on results he'll be away after this game

he should *** off now but he want ***an clueless :D:D:D

RAM1971
16-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Can't sack him until we see what hessain about the game!

the_arab
16-09-2017, 05:39 PM
At least while hes still in charge il have more money in the bank, wouldnt even consider paying to watch a team managed by him now.

Tannadicebunnet
16-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Looking at the line-up McKinnon picked today , it's almost like he wants sacked. He's had enough time , made enough excuses and dropped enough points. Time to go . He won't walk so - over to Thompson to do right thing for our club

ianharab
16-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Don't think it matters , however annoying , his line up is , it's his lack of being able to motivate players , tactics , set up and formations that's poor , it's producing mind numbing football , it's just not enjoyable to watch

GUNBOAT
16-09-2017, 09:50 PM
I noticed the sign's with McNamara which in my opinion were all down to the chairman making public the cut from the transfer's,from that day on Jackie never gave a flying phuck about United and anyone with half a brain could see we were heading for disaster,its different with Ray the job is simply too big for him but he has lost the plot with his assertion that we expect 6-0 victories every week when in reality a 1-0 victory v Dumbarton would have sufficed.
Lets be fair here we cannot blame the chairman for everything many on here supported Ray's appointment but he got the job on the back of getting Raith Rovers into the play offs of the Championship and its worth reminding ourselves that 40% of the teams in that league do actually qualify!.

arabian_ian
16-09-2017, 10:12 PM
I noticed the sign's with McNamara which in my opinion were all down to the chairman making public the cut from the transfer's,from that day on Jackie never gave a flying phuck about United and anyone with half a brain could see we were heading for disaster,its different with Ray the job is simply too big for him but he has lost the plot with his assertion that we expect 6-0 victories every week when in reality a 1-0 victory v Dumbarton would have sufficed.
Lets be fair here we cannot blame the chairman for everything many on here supported Ray's appointment but he got the job on the back of getting Raith Rovers into the play offs of the Championship and its worth reminding ourselves that 40% of the teams in that league do actually qualify!.

Gunboat. Good post but in reality EVRYTHING what has happened is down to the Chairman.
He and he alone has fked our club.
How we get out of this mess is anyones guess. But I'm fkn sickened with the mess we are in and as such did not attend todays game. I will not be at the Morton game as I have other committments.

I've no idea where our club goes from here. For me Thompson just leaving would be an improvement but FFS he has left one hell of a mess.

FK you THompson. You are one hell of a horrible person.

Bangkok_Arab
17-09-2017, 02:49 PM

This ^^^^^^

there has been a blurring of roles in football in general and McKinnon has been caught up in it. McKinnon is a coach - hes got the badges to prove it!! ;) but he doesnt come across as a manager. Nearly all the successful clubs had a manager as the main guy rather than a coach.

I think Ray can be successful as his signings show but as you say hes out of his depth at the moment. I think we need someone above him to deal with the type of players at United. Nows not the time for us to wait and see if RM can find his feet at a higher level, he needs someone experienced to guide him on the man management front as the players arent responding to him on the park.

We need a CL type scenario where someone is the man manager and the coach is the mate on the training ground. CL turned a 5-0 drubbing against Falkirk with Brewster as the UTD coach to a home win against Rangers for no other reason than he had a manager prescence. McLean was a great coach but Ferguson was a better manager. This kind of thing. There must be loads of ex players who would have made great managers but because they dont have the badges.....

alwaysanarab
17-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Yip,said it before maybe Tommy Mclean ?

SmedDUm
17-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Can't sack him until we see what hessain about the game!

He's certainly taking the flax.