PDA

View Full Version : Honestly

HughieG
10-09-2017, 05:01 PM
This game was a bit pants and none of the teams were particularly convincing.

HOWEVER
We showed great team spirit by sticking together, kept belief and eventually got the goal. Defence deserves a lot of credit. Lascelles obviously had a great game (good for him!) but also Clark and Gamez. The latter played a full game in his PL debut against Renato Sanches. Not bad at all, I thought he did really well.

Merino is a really good player, I'd pick him over Shelvey as things stand. He seems like both a technically gifted player as well as being a fighter. Diving and all that ain't my thing, but all players seem to do it these days.

Also thought Joselu did well for himself today considering him being a lone striker with not much help from Perez.

Jammy89
10-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Aye, sounded like a poor game but if we can nick points from poor games on the road and win at home, well that will work for us in getting points.

ashingtoon62
10-09-2017, 05:04 PM
This game was a bit pants and none of the teams were particularly convincing.

HOWEVER
We showed great team spirit by sticking together, kept belief and eventually got the goal. Defence deserves a lot of credit. Lascelles obviously had a great game (good for him!) but also Clark and Gamez. The latter played a full game in his PL debut against Renato Sanches. Not bad at all, I thought he did really well.

Merino is a really good player, I'd pick him over Shelvey as things stand. He seems like both a technically gifted player as well as being a fighter. Diving and all that ain't my thing, but all players seem to do it these days.

Also thought Joselu did well for himself today considering him being a lone striker with not much help from Perez.

Perez is a fu c k ing donkey...

PhoneymcRingRing
10-09-2017, 05:06 PM
I enjoyed that game, that was a good defensive game well deserved victory.

Davearmy
10-09-2017, 05:08 PM
We look hard to beat and its nice for a change to not concede goals left right and centre lol

waalsendmick
10-09-2017, 05:11 PM
there are a lot of teams in this division who are no great shakes. (ourselves included - but Bournemouth, Burnley, palace, West ham, Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford, Southampton) we need to compete and fight for everything against those teams and we will be more than ok.

apart from Huddersfield away, we've had a more than decent start.

Jammy89
10-09-2017, 05:11 PM
That was a very Rafa team performance with the hard working defensive attributes

waalsendmick
10-09-2017, 05:19 PM
we lost games like that under McClown

Jammy89
10-09-2017, 05:20 PM
And Pardew.

waalsendmick
10-09-2017, 06:14 PM
and carver

toptoon
10-09-2017, 06:31 PM
If we perform like that away from home for every game and put that level of effort in then I'll be pleased. Of course we are short of quality to challenge top 8 (we all know that) but if Rafa can get the best out of what we have, we´ll be OK.

I missed the game but recorded it and have just watched it - I AM BUZZING!! Great battling result. Everyone played well except Atsu and Gamez was short of pace, but did ok. The left side is our problem area. Merino is a revelation and I´m surprised and pleased with Manquillo - nowt spectacular but he´s done alright so far.

Perez will get a slating again but he is the player for us who picks the ball up in midfield and runs at their defenders - of course he will lose the ball sometimes doing this but he has clearly been tasked for this role by Rafa. I´m also chuffed that Rafa is playing Diame as a more defensive midfielder (he came on for Hayden) rather than at 10, where I think he´s sh*te. He did Ok today too.

Overall:

GET IN!!!!! HTL!!!

Cannylad
10-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Not a great game but I liked the way they kept their shape at the back. Lascelles, not my favourite player but great credit to him for his majestic header and great save at the other end. Merino is really starting to blend in well. Onward and upward !

ex_pat_magpie
10-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Not a great game but I liked the way they kept their shape at the back. Lascelles, not my favourite player but great credit to him for his majestic header and great save at the other end. Merino is really starting to blend in well. Onward and upward !

And top half of the table as well.:)

HughieG
10-09-2017, 08:41 PM

I think Lascelles will become a top PL centre-back if managed right. He needs to be more sensible at times, but today his positioning was outstanding.

Jammy89
10-09-2017, 08:51 PM
And we have just the defensive mind manager/coaches to turn him into that.

HughieG
10-09-2017, 09:16 PM
And we have just the defensive mind manager/coaches to turn him into that.

Yep - who better than Mr. 100% Paco ;)

toonviking
10-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Merino looks like a really good cm. (Shelvey should look and learn)

Ayoze havent really developed into the player I hoped...

toonviking
10-09-2017, 09:31 PM
As for Lascelles, saving that shot, and then score the winner... class.

Also, a natural leader, unlike Shelvey.

TheOtherTerryMac
11-09-2017, 01:02 PM
As for Lascelles, saving that shot, and then score the winner... class.

Also, a natural leader, unlike Shelvey.

Perez was terrible yesterday and Atsu was abysmal when he came on

Apart from that a great workmanlike display