PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln city selll initial allocation

TheNottinghamMan
11-09-2017, 07:32 AM
Of tickets in 4 hours 2600. Tickets . You would think they Will sell the whole of the sirrel stand

Bohinen
11-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Of tickets in 4 hours 2600. Tickets . You would think they Will sell the whole of the sirrel stand

That's odd, because I went there during the Big Sam Championship season and there were more of us than them.

Iwantmypieback
11-09-2017, 08:12 AM
That's odd, because I went there during the Big Sam Championship season and there were more of us than them.

They're riding on a wave of last year. Think next year they'll be down to normal I would imagine

queenslandpie
11-09-2017, 08:17 AM
They're riding on a wave of last year. Think next year they'll be down to normal I would imagine

50 grand in the coffers great. I remember that game I was there wasn't it 5-3 or something, we went 3-0 up they got back to 3-3 and we popped a couple in, including Darren Wards crazy mis kick?

binghampies
11-09-2017, 10:04 AM
they have sold close on 6000 season tickets this season. last home game against Luton there was over 9000 there

JoePass
11-09-2017, 10:13 AM
50 grand in the coffers great. I remember that game I was there wasn't it 5-3 or something, we went 3-0 up they got back to 3-3 and we popped a couple in, including Darren Wards crazy mis kick?

That's correct. An amazing game and a great win.

Woodsetts_Pie
11-09-2017, 11:12 AM

Great game, one of the most memorable I can remember. It included Ian Barraclough's belter where he smashed it in to the roof of the net from way way out. Almost Skegness I think...

i961pie
11-09-2017, 12:46 PM

Did you see the stand on Saturday on football on 5 when they were away at Stevenage, seemed to be plenty of Imps supporters at the game and ours is virtually a local derby.

irish_pie
11-09-2017, 01:57 PM

Fair play to them... just shows what a decent manager can do... they start to play decent football, the results change and then the crowds flock back... sound familiar? :)

BigFatPie
11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
They'll sell out the Sirrel, though mostly to bandwagon jumpers who'll no doubt go back to supporting Liverpool when the Cowleys inevitably f00k off to Hull or somewhere.

I hope we stuff em. Then hammer fatty Evans lot.

ancientpie
11-09-2017, 03:07 PM
They'll sell out the Sirrel, though mostly to bandwagon jumpers who'll no doubt go back to supporting Liverpool when the Cowleys inevitably f00k off to Hull or somewhere.

Truth is BFP that any lower league club who are going to achieve anything will need "bandwagon jumpers" & that certainly includes us! Lincolns gates this season have been fantastic in comparison with what they used to average, obviously most of this is purely down to momentum but if I were AH I would be having a close look to see if there are any other factors involved.

irish_pie
11-09-2017, 04:31 PM

To be Honest BFP I couldn't care less if the bandwagon jumpers were Florist fans as long as they put money on the gate for Notts :) It's inevitable that the fair weather fans will come back in force when the club is doing well and crawl back under their rock when times are tough but as long as the gates keep improving i think AH will be a happy man.

BigFatPie
11-09-2017, 05:07 PM
True all dat Ancient and Irish, and it'll be good to see the Sirrel packed. The only trouble of course is that we always lose when it is....

nw6pie
11-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Lincoln are just behind Coventry at the top of the League 2 attendances, fair play to them. Averaging more than we got in the Munto year. We're fifth. Disappointing crowd on Saturday and we'll probably only get 4,000 against Swindon. It's the same old question - how do we get eight through the gate?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances

LaughingMagpie
12-09-2017, 08:25 AM
True all dat Ancient and Irish, and it'll be good to see the Sirrel packed. The only trouble of course is that we always lose when it is....

Coventry filled it a couple of seasons ago when they were boycotting home matches

We won 3-0 :)

Bohinen
12-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Disappointing crowd on Saturday and we'll probably only get 4,000 against Swindon. It's the same old question - how do we get eight through the gate?

You have to build on momentum, when it's there. It was there towards the end of last season but we have again failed to keep the bandwagon rolling, just like Trew did. For all the investment Notts have made on facilities to produce marginal gains, we remain a team without a regular goalscorer. Being solid, being third even, won't bring in the bandwagoners. Also, the special offers and cheaper beer prices (for example) that brought extra people in last season have stopped.

Abusing potential fans on Twitter when they express some reservations does not help one iota, and even Kevin Nolan has fallen into the bad habit of criticising fans, getting very defensive about our forward options. What he said might be valid if we didn't know for a fact that the club tried and failed to bring in new faces up front.

The-Mac pie
12-09-2017, 10:28 AM
So why has the club stopped the offers....????
Games like tonight should be reduced to encourage that extra few through

Carlton_Pie
12-09-2017, 11:23 AM
You have to build on momentum, when it's there. It was there towards the end of last season but we have again failed to keep the bandwagon rolling, just like Trew did. For all the investment Notts have made on facilities to produce marginal gains, we remain a team without a regular goalscorer. Being solid, being third even, won't bring in the bandwagoners. Also, the special offers and cheaper beer prices (for example) that brought extra people in last season have stopped.

Abusing potential fans on Twitter when they express some reservations does not help one iota, and even Kevin Nolan has fallen into the bad habit of criticising fans, getting very defensive about our forward options. What he said might be valid if we didn't know for a fact that the club tried and failed to bring in new faces up front.

Unbelievable.

How has the momentum not continued? We are 3rd in the table and have lost 1 in 13 games at home. Quote all the negatives, no offers (only so many we can do a season,how do you know the club aren't going to do it later in the season?) , no goal scorer etc (irrelevant if you keep winning) , the fact is Notts are 3rd, is that not enough for you?

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Lincoln are just behind Coventry at the top of the League 2 attendances, fair play to them. Averaging more than we got in the Munto year. We're fifth. Disappointing crowd on Saturday and we'll probably only get 4,000 against Swindon. It's the same old question - how do we get eight through the gate?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances

Our "hard-core" support has rarely been above 5,000 since the 80s with at most 2,000 fans who pick-n-choose games

IMO this dropped to 2,500 plus maybe 500 during the "dark days"....and we never really recovered apart from the Munto season.

No idea of current ST holders, but assuming 3,500 with 1,500 who pick-n-choose, gives us the 5,000 v Morecambe, so we need a boost in both areas of main supporters...plus some "bandwagon jumpers"....and you only get those by being in and around the play-offs plus an exciting atmosphere, goal-mouth action, decent striker, cheap beer offers etc

We're on the right track but it takes time and momentum

ps there are some cracking Euro ties on tonight (Barca v Juve looks tasty to a neutral)....so even 4,000/4,500 will be a struggle at ML.