PDA

View Full Version : Important Team Selection for Nolan

Carlton_Pie
11-09-2017, 06:08 PM
As Nolan eluded to on Saturday, he may make changes for the Swindon game and use his squad. This may be a good time to give a few of the players that have played every game a rest such as Yates, Hawkridge, Jones and see how our back up players perform in a tough match against Swindon.

Worse case scenario, we lose but will still be in the playoffs with a few key players rested. If we could win, suddenly Nolan has a welcome selection headache for the weekend.

My team for tomorrow would be:

Collin

Tootle
Duffy
Brisley
Dickinson

Alessandra
Hewitt
Mislom
Grant

Stead
Forte

Still looks a strong 11 more than capable of getting a result tomorrow. Nolan could also select Smith upfront.

keldsyke
11-09-2017, 06:21 PM
As Nolan eluded to on Saturday, he may make changes for the Swindon game and use his squad. This may be a good time to give a few of the players that have played every game a rest such as Yates, Hawkridge, Jones and see how our back up players perform in a tough match against Swindon.

Worse case scenario, we lose but will still be in the playoffs with a few key players rested. If we could win, suddenly Nolan has a welcome selection headache for the weekend.

My team for tomorrow would be:

Collin

Tootle
Duffy
Brisley
Dickinson

Alessandra
Hewitt
Mislom
Grant

Stead
Forte

Still looks a strong 11 more than capable of getting a result tomorrow. Nolan could also select Smith upfront.

I'd be happy with that

ancientpie
11-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Injuries permitting I would expect KN to play what he sees as his strongest side, so Forte for Ameobi is the only change I can see,3 points at home against one of the "top teams" would be massive & then he could perhaps look at resting a couple & going defensive minded on Saturday.

Carlton_Pie
11-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Injuries permitting I would expect KN to play what he sees as his strongest side, so Forte for Ameobi is the only change I can see,3 points at home against one of the "top teams" would be massive & then he could perhaps look at resting a couple & going defensive minded on Saturday.

Just watched Nolans pre game interview and he suggests up to 7 changes. Or he's bluffing?

I reckon he will make 5 changes

BigFatPie
11-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Other than bringing in Forte I reckon he'll stick to the same side.

arnapie
11-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Only a fool would make any changes to a side unbeaten in 5. Forte for Ameobi, because that is enforced on him, otherwise leave well alone.

irishpete
11-09-2017, 07:57 PM
No one in the right mind would make wholesale changes,early into a season when things are going well.It will be who replaces mobi if he is out.Alessandro may be an option.

irish_pie
11-09-2017, 08:15 PM
No one in the right mind would make wholesale changes,early into a season when things are going well.It will be who replaces mobi if he is out.Alessandro may be an option.

Maybe Forte and Alessandra up front and rest Stead? but to be honest the team selected at the start of the thread looks very decent indeed

MAD_MAGPIE
11-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Only a fool would make any changes to a side unbeaten in 5. Forte for Ameobi, because that is enforced on him, otherwise leave well alone.

Is the correct answer the way I see it. If it's not broke then it does not need fixing. There is no place for squad rotation in the lower leagues (apart from meaningless cup competitions) and there are no easy games at this level. The more this group of players play together the better they will become.

When you are unbeaten in five only forced injuries and suspensions should be the reason for changes. If Tootle is available then perhaps he may come in as well for Nicky Hunt?

irish_pie
11-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Is the correct answer the way I see it. If it's not broke then it does not need fixing. There is no place for squad rotation in the lower leagues (apart from meaningless cup competitions) and there are no easy games at this level. The more this group of players play together the better they will become.

When you are unbeaten in five only forced injuries and suspensions should be the reason for changes. If Tootle is available then perhaps he may come in as well for Nicky Hunt?

Hunt has done well when played this season but i agree Tootle seems a better option, hes pretty mobile and is usually a 6/7 out of 10 player so steady and reliable could be the best way to describe him

nw6pie
11-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Very tough test tomorrow against a team who have a 100% away record. I'll take a point, but it'll gauge how much progress we've made in recent weeks. I'd be tempted to rest Yates, give Milsom a game; bring back Tootle; and give Forte a start.

sidders
11-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Tough test? Give over ... Swindon Town 1 Barnet 4 (Sept 2nd). Need one say more?

IluvNotts
11-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Swindon are certainly no push over when they're away from home.
Bit like Notts a few seasons back when we could do no wrong away but struggled at home.
I still fancy us to edge it. I'll go 2-1 Notts

nw6pie
11-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Tough test? Give over ... Swindon Town 1 Barnet 4 (Sept 2nd). Need one say more?

Their home form is lousy, not their away form. Hence played three, won three on the road - including 3-0 at Luton on Saturday.

The-Mac pie
11-09-2017, 10:02 PM
3-1 Notts win...
These are the teams to beat to show our true credentials..
Gunna be our toughest game so far..
A grant brace backed up by a forte tap in seals the win.

uysapie
11-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Very tough test tomorrow against a team who have a 100% away record. I'll take a point, but it'll gauge how much progress we've made in recent weeks. I'd be tempted to rest Yates, give Milsom a game; bring back Tootle; and give Forte a start.

Tend to agree with this. Forte will have to play with Amoebi out.

tarquinbeech
11-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Tend to agree with this. Forte will have to play with Amoebi out.

....is the correct answer......Forte to start with Aless coming on at half-time if he or Hawk go AWOL......stick as close as you can to a winning side IMO

Jeekay56
11-09-2017, 11:05 PM
This was posted on the NEP site Monday afternoon.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-manager-kevin-nolan-460580

tarquinbeech
11-09-2017, 11:14 PM
This was posted on the NEP site Monday afternoon.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-manager-kevin-nolan-460580

I will be gobsmacked if he makes more than 3 changes.....Aless for Hawk, possibly......Shola for Forte......Hunt back to Toots (not really a change, business as usual)......so that's 3 at most.......why change anything else?......mind games IMO

arnapie
12-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I will be gobsmacked if he makes more than 3 changes.....Aless for Hawk, possibly......Shola for Forte......Hunt back to Toots (not really a change, business as usual)......so that's 3 at most.......why change anything else?......mind games IMO

5 shagging changes tonight !!!! Jones,Hunt,Grant,Ameobi and Hewitt out / Dickinson, Milsom, Tootle,Forte and Allessandra in. Hope this doesn't bite us on the arse

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 06:27 PM

He has dropped two of the best players.....I hope he knows what he's doing.....I'm shocked

Carlton_Pie
12-09-2017, 06:31 PM
He has dropped two of the best players.....I hope he knows what he's doing.....I'm shocked

We're 3rd in the league. Nolan has the earnt the right to rest a few 1st team players.

The replacements are hardly novices:

Milsom: last season player of the year
Forte: top goalscorer
Tootle: Best RB at the club
Dickinson: experienced LB. Chance to rest Jones
Allessandra: scored twice this season

St Kitts Magpie
12-09-2017, 06:36 PM
i dont think its the players he has brought in which is the issue.you are right. they are equal in quality.give or take.

its that they are all in together. thats how i see it anyway

keldsyke
12-09-2017, 06:44 PM

Don't turn into Vlad, Grant was carrying an injury when the same shower were shouting for him to play. Perhaps they are managing niggles, give it a rest and get behind the team.