PDA

View Full Version : Performances matching the home strip

Tannadicebunnet
12-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Performances this season are as honking as our new home strip. When was the last time we had a good season wearing all tangerine? It's total tangerine overkill. The black away shorts would improve the overall look of the home kit if they swapped them around . Surely we could give this a try .
McKinnon isnt for budging on formation so maybe a change of shorts is the best we can hope for under his tenure

offshore_arab83
12-09-2017, 09:45 AM
lol, get what your saying mate but the strips the least oh oor concerns lol

ahlltanyirhide
12-09-2017, 11:01 AM
lol, get what your saying mate but the strips the least oh oor concerns lol

Nah, disagree with you on this topic OA. The overall appearance of the strip on display should be of huge importance to everyone connected with the club

Home kit should consist of Tangerine top with black collar and cuffs, black shorts with or without tangerine stripe, tangerine socks with two tangerine stripes. The socks should also feature tangerine flashes. The away strip should be white and black in same form as above.

Attention to detail in the 'uniform' of our club should not be altered or whored out in order to be 'fashionable'

Sutherland Arab
12-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Going to make myself unpopular here, I think the strip is excellent.
Got it for my son and now I really want one too.
If the strip matched the teams performance they'd be wearing yellow with brown stains on it.
Cowards and ****e

shedka
12-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Nothing wrong with the strips this season, they are nice, we have had howlers with black shorts in the past, the third hummel kit with the weird light orange, all the tfgs, and the 2011/12 kits were both much much smarter with tangerines shorts for the home and black for the away

Saying that do want us to go back top black shorts for the next few seasons, it's good to change every few seasons back to all tangerine

PortugueseFrank
12-09-2017, 04:20 PM
The shoulders and arms look brown.

Yes right up close it’s really thin Tangerine and black stripes but we don’t watch the play on the pitch.

From the stands it looks brown.

I hate it.

Each to their own though. If people like it fair dos.

tHeArAb
12-09-2017, 05:13 PM
The strips ****e, just like the perormances.

RAM1971
12-09-2017, 05:44 PM
The modern 'need' to change the design of the strips for every season (not just one strip but three), sometimes works, but often it doesn't. For me, this season's offering is close to being vomit inducing. As the Middle Eastern Subject above states, it is akin to our on field performances.

blackandtangerine
12-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Lets go back to white and black

TerryTheTerror
12-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Lets go back to white and black

They were cool strips.

stokearab
12-09-2017, 06:54 PM
They were cool strips.

That black strip during the Scandinavian invasion (around 67) was ace.

Jim_Jam
12-09-2017, 08:32 PM
I like a plain tangerine top and black shorts. Possibly with black trim.
I like the fact this year the sponsor's logo doesn't waste the look.

Brown sleeves though are sh1te. I know its black and tangerine close up.
However it looks brown. I will remember it in years to come as the time we had brown sleeves and played sh1te.

Lets hope things improve.

ps I would vote for a white strip with two black bands round the middle for our away strip.

seenitab4
12-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Pants!!

RAM1971
13-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Nah, disagree with you on this topic OA. The overall appearance of the strip on display should be of huge importance to everyone connected with the club

Home kit should consist of Tangerine top with black collar and cuffs, black shorts with or without tangerine stripe, tangerine socks with two tangerine stripes. The socks should also feature tangerine flashes. The away strip should be white and black in same form as above.

Attention to detail in the 'uniform' of our club should not be altered or whored out in order to be 'fashionable'

I agree Alts. Let's get back to the early 70s when we had tangerine and black properly represented and the away black and white likewise.

SmedDUm
20-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Resurrected this old thread just to say Brighton (live this evening at West Ham) have got the same similar Nike strip sleeve issue as us. Our tangerine & jobbies is their yellow & snotters.

jjaflup22
20-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Resurrected this old thread just to say Brighton (live this evening at West Ham) have got the same similar Nike strip sleeve issue as us. Our tangerine & jobbies is their yellow & snotters.

Jees that's worse than ours! It seems odd that Nike, of all folk, canny make a decent football strip.