PDA

View Full Version : iFollow

eyepie
12-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Not a sausage here in Spain. Anyone else able to watch ?

St Kitts Magpie
12-09-2017, 07:14 PM

good in cyprus

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 07:39 PM

Good here....I've figured it out....go into your browser menu, three horizontal bars top left on Firefox.....DELETE HISTORY...then menu again...DELETE CACHE (OPTIONS....ADVANCED...CLEAR NOW)......back to the Notts site, match day and reload it.....works like a charm

Hope this helps

queenslandpie
12-09-2017, 07:55 PM
SO is iFollow now working consistently well? If so I might dip my toe in the water.

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 08:43 PM
SO is iFollow now working consistently well? If so I might dip my toe in the water.

It works Queenie but you need a decent internet connection......mine is tosh, but no fault of iFollow

eyepie
12-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Eventually got going by changing browser from IE to Firefox

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 08:58 PM

Yep, Firefox.....remember to clear the CACHE and the HISTORY on the menu bar next Saturday.....for some reason it refuses to load properly if it's full or even partly full.

Head Office instructions by e-mail................ after I complained

SwalePie
12-09-2017, 11:03 PM

Internet Exploder still exists??

Old_pie
13-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Good here....I've figured it out....go into your browser menu, three horizontal bars top left on Firefox.....DELETE HISTORY...then menu again...DELETE CACHE (OPTIONS....ADVANCED...CLEAR NOW)......back to the Notts site, match day and reload it.....works like a charm

Hope this helps

If they are the steps you need to take then maybe all you need do is open a Private Browsing window which shouldn't save those settings from session to session and won't keep removing stuff you might normally want to keep.

arnapie
13-09-2017, 08:33 AM

NO IT ISN'T working well. All I got last night was "password invalid" then "account now locked", crap service that will not see another penny of mine.

spag
13-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Did you send a complaint to ifollow? It happened to me but I just switched my ipad off and on and it was fine.

arnapie
13-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Did you send a complaint to ifollow? It happened to me but I just switched my ipad off and on and it was fine.

Just kept telling me that an e-mail had been sent to my inbox to reset password, but, even now, still no e-mail, and still can't log in.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 03:06 PM
If they are the steps you need to take then maybe all you need do is open a Private Browsing window which shouldn't save those settings from session to session and won't keep removing stuff you might normally want to keep.

OldPie - Not sure that will work....one of the games, I tried to watch with my cache set at zero (menu, options, advanced, put a zero in the cache box) but I actually got a message across the iFollow screen...."you cannot access iFollow in Private Viewing mode"......so I went back in, put 1,000 in the cache limit box....re-booted the computer and it played fine on the 270 setting on the iFollow toolbar circular cog thingy(anything above that here and the pics freeze)

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Just kept telling me that an e-mail had been sent to my inbox to reset password, but, even now, still no e-mail, and still can't log in.

I'm guessing they are snowed under with complaints....my last complaint took a week to answer and was "empty your cache box"

Now I do both before each game, clear all history and clear the cache.....both under the Firefox tools (top right 3 bars) logo

Old_pie
13-09-2017, 03:47 PM
OldPie - Not sure that will work....one of the games, I tried to watch with my cache set at zero (menu, options, advanced, put a zero in the cache box) but I actually got a message across the iFollow screen...."you cannot access iFollow in Private Viewing mode"......so I went back in, put 1,000 in the cache limit box....re-booted the computer and it played fine on the 270 setting on the iFollow toolbar circular cog thingy(anything above that here and the pics freeze)

What strange limitations they seem to impose :?

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 04:15 PM
What strange limitations they seem to impose :?

Again I'm guessing - but I think they're trying to stop UK/Irish customers from trying to access via a VPN or trying to conceal their identity?

Maybe a tech expert on here can tell us whether setting the cache to zero and also hitting the "do not keep history" button on Firefox has the effect of Private Browsing/using a VPN to conceal one's location?.....anyway, they don't allow it according to the automated message on the iFollow screen

Old_pie
20-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Again I'm guessing - but I think they're trying to stop UK/Irish customers from trying to access via a VPN or trying to conceal their identity?

Maybe a tech expert on here can tell us whether setting the cache to zero and also hitting the "do not keep history" button on Firefox has the effect of Private Browsing/using a VPN to conceal one's location?.....anyway, they don't allow it according to the automated message on the iFollow screen

I wonder if the new

https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/introducing-firefox-multi-account-containers/?sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=7167#utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_medium=snippet&utm_campaign=containers&utm_term=7167&utm_content=REL

or if too long -

http://tinyurl.com/y9zpe78u

would work? Keeping one container solely for iFollow.

tarquinbeech
20-09-2017, 06:38 PM
I wonder if the new

https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/introducing-firefox-multi-account-containers/?sample_rate=0.01&snippet_name=7167#utm_source=desktop-snippet&utm_medium=snippet&utm_campaign=containers&utm_term=7167&utm_content=REL

or if too long -

http://tinyurl.com/y9zpe78u

would work? Keeping one container solely for iFollow.

TBH OldPie....I don't want to mess with it, now I've got iFollow to work.....the pics are poor, but that's not their fault, streaming via a land-line is like being back in the UK in the late 90s...tosh....but it works.

It's quite funny, but if the frames freeze whilst Stead is on the ball, no problem....if it's Aless or Hawk or even Jones, my first reaction is "how did he get up there that quickly".....hahahaha

Drowse
20-09-2017, 06:46 PM
TBH OldPie....I don't want to mess with it, now I've got iFollow to work.....the pics are poor, but that's not their fault, streaming via a land-line is like being back in the UK in the late 90s...tosh....but it works.

It's quite funny, but if the frames freeze whilst Stead is on the ball, no problem....if it's Aless or Hawk or even Jones, my first reaction is "how did he get up there that quickly".....hahahaha

Or like some areas in GB 2017. lol

Old_pie
20-09-2017, 07:29 PM

I bet they are streaming in HD because their cameras are capable of it - they could just stream in Standard Definition which would be quite adequate for the vast majority and better than stuttering frames. Unless of course you want to read the illegible numbers on the back of Notts' shirts.

Anyway glad it's working for you in a fashion. Given what else is happening your end of the world I guess this is the least of your concerns.

For a few years I lived underneath a volcano in Rabaul, Papua New Guinea. Frequent earthquakes (I woke up one night holding the sides of the bed wondering why I was shaking when I knew I'd gone to bed alone). It was easy to get a bit blase but then a few years after I left the town was destroyed:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-18/png-residents-describe-life-in-volcano-prone-rabaul/5753482

The photo of the harbour doesn't show what was missing - it was all built up, houses including mine, the market, the offices I worked at, the golf course, hotels, cinema. yacht club, airport are all in the desolation along the far side of the harbour.

tarquinbeech
21-09-2017, 12:21 AM
I bet they are streaming in HD because their cameras are capable of it - they could just stream in Standard Definition which would be quite adequate for the vast majority and better than stuttering frames. Unless of course you want to read the illegible numbers on the back of Notts' shirts.

Anyway glad it's working for you in a fashion. Given what else is happening your end of the world I guess this is the least of your concerns.

For a few years I lived underneath a volcano in Rabaul, Papua New Guinea. Frequent earthquakes (I woke up one night holding the sides of the bed wondering why I was shaking when I knew I'd gone to bed alone). It was easy to get a bit blase but then a few years after I left the town was destroyed:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-18/png-residents-describe-life-in-volcano-prone-rabaul/5753482

The photo of the harbour doesn't show what was missing - it was all built up, houses including mine, the market, the offices I worked at, the golf course, hotels, cinema. yacht club, airport are all in the desolation along the far side of the harbour.

I'm ok here OldPie....everyone leaves me alone.....dead bodies in the fields, executed from the night before (I've sent plenty of pics, so it's not bull****).....I tell them that I support Notts County, they leave me alone?.....apparently I'm crazier than they are

Add to that the hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes, what am I doing here?.......I need one of those CrowdFunding pages setting up.....FREE TARKERS

Old_pie
21-09-2017, 08:40 AM
I'm ok here OldPie....everyone leaves me alone.....dead bodies in the fields, executed from the night before (I've sent plenty of pics, so it's not bull****).....I tell them that I support Notts County, they leave me alone?.....apparently I'm crazier than they are

Add to that the hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes, what am I doing here?.......I need one of those CrowdFunding pages setting up.....FREE TARKERS

No - as concerned as some of us are I'm sure we all feel safer with you over there.