PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful dreadful game

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Sorry....but anyone there tonight needs a refund

3 Points in the bag....I get it....but I wish I'd watched Barca v Juve.......dreadful

The_Don_ORiordan
12-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Conditions didn't help mate.

irishpete
12-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Dreadful maybe, but you still have to win them.Other seasons we would have lost 1-0

Bohinen
12-09-2017, 08:59 PM
It's all part of the process. Get out of this dreadful division then start playing with some style. It might require a few changes though.

Big Bob
12-09-2017, 09:03 PM

3 Points in the bag....I get it....but I wish I'd watched Barca v Juve.......dreadful
Never bloody satisfied

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:03 PM
It's all part of the process. Get out of this dreadful division then start playing with some style. It might require a few changes though.

Bo - That was the worst game I've watched in years.....zero skill, hoof it as far as you can, kick out at anything that moves and waste as much time as we can.

Sorry everyone.....but I paid to watch that.....and I'm not happy

Loving the 3 points, but it's horrible......sorry again.....I'm off for another beer.

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Never bloody satisfied

Bob, last week I was well happy....even on the Ratings thread that I started, I was told I was OTT, too many marks?.......I cannot even be bothered to mark THAT game.....maybe it's me, but that won't bring in the crowds unless they offer free beer.

queenslandpie
12-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Bob, last week I was well happy....even on the Ratings thread that I started, I was told I was OTT, too many marks?.......I cannot even be bothered to mark THAT game.....maybe it's me, but that won't bring in the crowds unless they offer free beer.

3 points at home against a team who have beaten everyone before them away from home. Like I said elsewhere Nolan knows what is needed to get out of this division. Frequently in league 2 you need to win ugly. Sooner win ugly than lose fancifully.

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:17 PM
3 points at home against a team who have beaten everyone before them away from home. Like I said elsewhere Nolan knows what is needed to get out of this division. Frequently in league 2 you need to win ugly. Sooner win ugly than lose fancifully.

I get it......let's get out of this league etc, but who honestly wants to pay £24 to watch that.....2 shots on target??.....it's awful viewing

countygump
12-09-2017, 09:18 PM
You know what, I really enjoyed it. Dogged, determined, but the conditions didn't really allow for anything else. Once we got in front, you just knew we were gonna win.

SmiffyPie
12-09-2017, 09:21 PM
3 points at home against a team who have beaten everyone before them away from home. Like I said elsewhere Nolan knows what is needed to get out of this division. Frequently in league 2 you need to win ugly. Sooner win ugly than lose fancifully.Yes, get out of this bloody division by fair means or foul. Keep this form up and it may force Big Als hand in January. If we do a Curle again and fail to metal the pedal then consolidation it is.

POSTYPIE
12-09-2017, 09:22 PM

Totally disagree with you on this one mate...conditions were bad...rain and strong winds but from our view in the Pavis stand Notts played some good footy at times as did Swindon.
The new lads brought in tonight Tootle/Dicko/Forte/Alessandra and Milsom all did well...but the whole team worked so hard and fought for every single ball/tackle and pass...they thoroughly deserved the standing ovation at the end of the game and I enjoyed the game as I am sure many more did(maybe I am easily pleased)?lol
Perhaps on the TV it didn't look great but sat in the stands watching the team work their socks off and playing some neat passes/football at times in very difficult conditions was blooming great youth!
Onwards and upwards!

POSTYPIE
12-09-2017, 09:23 PM
You know what, I really enjoyed it. Dogged, determined, but the conditions didn't really allow for anything else. Once we got in front, you just knew we were gonna win.

Agreed.

queenslandpie
12-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Yes, get out of this bloody division by fair means or foul. Keep this form up and it may force Big Als hand in January. If we do a Curle again and fail to metal the pedal then consolidation it is.

Pretty clear we need more strike power but you dont bring a decent striker in January other than a loanee. Let's hope that is not our achiles heel.

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:24 PM

So winning is everything Gumps?......what about a bit of finesse?....style?......he benched our two best players and I don't understand why?.....they weren't injured I know that

I know I'm gonna get slated, but 2 shots on target, at home is a joke.....and we scored from a penno, wow

I hope it's better on Saturday.....that's all

irish_pie
12-09-2017, 09:25 PM

When is the last time we could say that eh Gumpy :) .... bloody great start to the season and as already said I would take boring scrappy 1-0 wins over entertaining 3-3 draws.. anything to get us out of this division

navypie
12-09-2017, 09:27 PM
After last season I also enjoyed it . Swindon knocked it about well but never looked like scoring and I think we could have had 2 or 3 more in the 2nd half . Tootle defo MOTM match and I never thought I would say Dickinson and good game in the same sentence !

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Totally disagree with you on this one mate...conditions were bad...rain and strong winds but from our view in the Pavis stand Notts played some good footy at times as did Swindon.
The new lads brought in tonight Tootle/Dicko/Forte/Alessandra and Milsom all did well...but the whole team worked so hard and fought for every single ball/tackle and pass...they thoroughly deserved the standing ovation at the end of the game and I enjoyed the game as I am sure many more did(maybe I am easily pleased)?lol
Perhaps on the TV it didn't look great but sat in the stands watching the team work their socks off and playing some neat passes/football at times in very difficult conditions was blooming great youth!
Onwards and upwards!

OK Posty, maybe it's me....I'll back off......great 3 points....COYP

queenslandpie
12-09-2017, 09:28 PM
So winning is everything Gumps?......what about a bit of finesse?....style?......he benched our two best players and I don't understand why?.....they weren't injured I know that

I know I'm gonna get slated, but 2 shots on target, at home is a joke.....and we scored from a penno, wow

We stifled a team with a great away record kept winning kept a clean sheet and rested 5 players. Like I said Nolan knows what he is doing. There will be plenty more games like this tarkers but would you prefer we played well and were mid table like super signingsville Mansfailed? I know what I prefer. You pies!

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:29 PM
After last season I also enjoyed it . Swindon knocked it about well but never looked like scoring and I think we could have had 2 or 3 more in the 2nd half . Tootle defo MOTM match and I never thought I would say Dickinson and good game in the same sentence !

Glad you enjoyed it Navy.....it just looked s***e on tv.....off for a beer everyone

kill_the_drum
12-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Just back from the game and I couldn't disagree anymore!
Everyone in the ground appreciated what a performance that was.
Maybe you couldn't see from the camera but that was the most organised display I've seen in a long time, and more importantly to a man they worked there b******s off when they didn't have the ball.
With five changes it was a pleasure to see a squad that are clearly working for the manager and each other, and they were buzzing at the final whistle!
Other than a couple more goals, that's everything I want to see in a Notts side.

POSTYPIE
12-09-2017, 09:34 PM
It was a battling and gutsy show tonight and I can honestly say that whatever Nolan is doing its working as Notts looked fired up from the off and just never let up or allowed a decent Swindon team time on the ball.
I can't believe its the same squad of players who were so inept at Coventry and now look a totally different team!
Whoever beats Notts will have to work for it....and work hard because if nothing else this team seems to be working for each other and growing in confidence.

Little15
12-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Absolutely pathetic thread. Do people literally post inflammatory garbage on here to get into arguments and raise their post count?

SolSigns
12-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Absolutely pathetic thread. Do people literally post inflammatory garbage on here to get into arguments and raise their post count?

yes

navypie
12-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Navy.....it just looked s***e on tv.....off for a beer everyone

It really wasn't that bad tarquin but then again, maybe I am easily pleased . Good attendance for a midweek game as well ,5100 odd I think they announced but couldn't quite hear owing to chap behind me constantly berating the ref who i thought had a good game .

kill_the_drum
12-09-2017, 09:40 PM

I can only assume it looked different on camera because you won't get a single fan who was at that game with a bad word to say about it!

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Not you obviously....you've only got 8....."must try harder" was printed out automatically on your school report card.....that was an awful game and Sky are trying to find some highlights.....they can work miracles.....sometimes

Big Bob
12-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Free beer? Now you're talking

Notts78
12-09-2017, 09:42 PM

Tarks, think about what you have put. We won the game without our best players. Those same players will be fresh for the weekend. Nolan has played a master stroke. Who honestly cares whether the game was of a high standard! I am soaked, but happy with the 3 points. I described the performance as all were 6 & 7 out of 10 snd it was enough.

tarquinbeech
12-09-2017, 09:45 PM
I can only assume it looked different on camera because you won't get a single fan who was at that game with a bad word to say about it!

KTD - I will go outside, walk around for a bit............ then come back for the post-match analysis....because it didn't look good from here

As Forrest Gump said....."that's all I've gotta say about that"

Notts78
12-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Tarks... i have read the rest of the thread and you are moaning about watching it on TV. Disgrace. The weather was appalling, yet we still had a gate over 5k ( how often does that happen? )

Robertomac
12-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Agree with you Posty - I actually thought it was an entertaining game, which was fairly end to end. There was a lack of clear goal scoring chances, but both teams wanted to win and had a decent go. Swindon were a decent side as well so I think that makes the 3pts all the more valuable.

Little15
12-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Well according to their stats, 20 shots on goal, so I'm sure they'll manage. I'll not bother responding to the other bit. Not worth it.

JoePass
12-09-2017, 09:53 PM
A very enjoyable game. 100% commitement from every player. Great defending. Excellent win. Worth every penny to me to watch a team that does not want to lose.

i961pie
12-09-2017, 09:58 PM
I just got back, good performance by Notts, worked their socks off. Terrible conditions but everyone gave 110%.
Mexican tv must be on the blink:P

Carlton_Pie
12-09-2017, 09:59 PM
OK Posty, maybe it's me....I'll back off......great 3 points....COYP

Yes it is most definitely you!

That was as hard working a brave performance you are ever likely to see from a Notts team in the most dreadful conditions. The 2 teams were evenly matched but it seemed Notts just wanted it that little bit more.

Also the support from the fans was fantastic and positive even when players made mistakes.

What a shame we have to put up with nonsense like this post on a night we should all be proud of the club.

navypie
12-09-2017, 10:02 PM

Steady on , he is only calling it the way he saw it . I happen to think he is wrong and agree with most of the other posters on here . Not only do I also think it was a dogged and determined display but quite entertaining in parts, in fact the only 2 things I didn't enjoy about tonight was getting soaked walking back to the car and my lads refusal to share his crisps with me .

jackal2
12-09-2017, 10:05 PM

So did I, countygump!

We're not playing pretty football, but it's extremely effective football reminiscent of Big Sam Allardyce's days (unsurprisingly). You can see the organisation of the team developing week by week, with a consistent formation allowing Nolan to rest and "plug in" different players with the same outcomes. We look progressively less likely to concede goals. Going forward we aren't the most fluent unit yet, but we're getting enough goals to win games. The players seem to know what their jobs are, and many of them have improved dramatically compared with last season. Kevin Nolan really is adding value on the evidence so far.

chedozie
12-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Well if that was dreadful, god knows what I was watching between 2001-2009, really enjoyed tonight good team performance players playing for each other, feel almost deflated seeing this thread.....

countygump
12-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Steady on , he is only calling it the way he saw it . I happen to think he is wrong and agree with most of the other posters on here . Not only do I also think it was a dogged and determined display but quite entertaining in parts, in fact the only 2 things I didn't enjoy about tonight was getting soaked walking back to the car and my lads refusal to share his crisps with me .

Vlad???

jacobncfc
12-09-2017, 10:33 PM

That's the problem with watching on TV, though. I'm not quite sure you get a proper sense of the intensity of the game.

I was there and thought it was a genuinely captivating match, if one lacking in huge amounts of skill (probably in no small part down to the swirling rain and wind), between two teams who fought for every ball and made it very difficult for each other to play. There were moments of quality, too - Notts produced a couple of slick passing moves down the left in the second half that Alessandra saw shots blocked from both times.

It was no worse as a spectacle than several of the 1-0 wins that we ground out under Cotterill on the way to the title (with a much more naturally gifted side). Wins like that can look crucial come the end of the season.

uysapie
12-09-2017, 10:37 PM
That's the problem with watching on TV, though. I'm not quite sure you get a proper sense of the intensity of the game.

I was there and thought it was a genuinely captivating match, if one lacking in huge amounts of skill (probably in no small part down to the swirling rain and wind), between two teams who fought for every ball and made it very difficult for each other to play. There were moments of quality, too - Notts produced a couple of slick passing moves down the left in the second half that Alessandra saw shots blocked from both times.

It was no worse as a spectacle than several of the 1-0 wins that we ground out under Cotterill on the way to the title (with a much more naturally gifted side). Wins like that can look crucial come the end of the season.

Not to mention the fouls for holding which were not given. Hard work was why we won.

optipez
12-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Tarquin, you're probably used to watching Champions League on TV. In comparison I imagine it did look pedestrian but honestly, tonight was good. We were organised, purposeful, committed, and we won .
This team is getting better , we were worryingly bad pre season but look pretty convincing at the moment. We have depth in goal, defence, midfield, on the wing , and the only cloud on the horizon is our lack of goals in open play and worry on strike options.

pielover
12-09-2017, 11:14 PM

Haven't posted in a while but well done tarquin you motivated me to login.

Need a refund, are you having a laugh? Actually, I'll pay again if they want me too.

This is L2 mate, I don't know what you expect but what your often going to get is a war of attrition.

So we aren't perfect. What we do have is a committed squad full of team spirit, endeavour and improving players. We haven't had that for years.

To get to "beautiful" football you either need a lot of money or you start by building the team. KN sure knows how to build, and manage a team. For gods sake we're actually organised! I know you haven't seen many games Tarquin so probably you don't appreciate just how fundamentally bad we have been, organisation has been just one part of what we were missing and we ain't now.

I am personally the happiest I have been with Notts for years and after the last couple of seasons I will take, and pay for, a resilient and solid win all day long.

COYP

MAD_MAGPIE
12-09-2017, 11:27 PM

If you think that was bad then did you miss the period under Sheridan, Cooper and Fullerton??

The conditions were terrible for a start, the pitch did well to hold out. We won because we did the basics right. I honestly do not care how we win football matches in this league as long as we win and get to 50 points as quickly as possible. Then take it from there.

2-0 Chesterfield, 1-0 Port Vale, 2-0 Morecambe, 1-0 Swindon. Four clean sheets and three this month. That will do for me and the 1-0 win is what wins titles.

Lots of positives like we have played all the relegated sides and the only one we fell down against was Coventry. We are sat 2nd in the league and for me points on the board is all that matters. The table never says how pretty the football was or how much pure football was played.

MancMagpie
13-09-2017, 12:13 AM

Don't be such a w**ker. These are the type of games that decide a season. Winning on a Tuesday night in a game that has very little to offer quality wise and grinding out a result is what champions are made of. What a totally ridiculous statement you have made. LOOK AT THE FACTS AND STATS...2nd in the league, beating a team that coasted to a 3-0 victory at the weekend. Only total w**kers complain about that. Get real beach boy.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 03:17 AM
Calm down Manc....I watched the game and I had an opinion.

Last week I thought we were brilliant, and marked Notts players the highest of all the other punters on the Ratings thread, but was told to "calm down" as we weren't actually that good against a poor side.

Now I've no idea if it is because I'm watching it on laptop, jerky pics on the lowest download spec possible, 240 (360, 720 and HD simply won't work here in Mexico)....no commentary (as apparently Notts won't spend the time to sync the two together) and players in unfamiliar positions.....I cannot read the shirts so I'm having to guess who's who (I've mentioned this a number of times but get told to "learn how players run to identify them"

I get crowd noise....so in between the missing frames, I rely on the crowd to tell me if an attack has succeeded or not.

I didn't even realise it was raining until people said they got soaked walking home.

I'm sitting up here at 10pm waiting for the full match replay to be uploaded....maybe it'll look better second time around.

ps the bit about the refund was tongue-in-cheek....I've said in several posts that I'm delighted with the 3 points and the start to the season

snipe_pie
13-09-2017, 04:47 AM
"I didn't realise it was raining"
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

navypie
13-09-2017, 05:23 AM
Vlad???

Can I ask you to explain please ?

keldsyke
13-09-2017, 05:49 AM
Unfortunately there's still an element on here ( and somewhere else ) that want to see AH+KN fail, constant criticism, and an agenda to see AH+KN fail even more than the Trews did a very sad state of affairs. As others have said we are light years ahead in terms of football, manager and owner that have graced the lane in recent years.

Carlton_Pie
13-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Calm down Manc....I watched the game and I had an opinion.

Last week I thought we were brilliant, and marked Notts players the highest of all the other punters on the Ratings thread, but was told to "calm down" as we weren't actually that good against a poor side.

Now I've no idea if it is because I'm watching it on laptop, jerky pics on the lowest download spec possible, 240 (360, 720 and HD simply won't work here in Mexico)....no commentary (as apparently Notts won't spend the time to sync the two together) and players in unfamiliar positions.....I cannot read the shirts so I'm having to guess who's who (I've mentioned this a number of times but get told to "learn how players run to identify them"

I get crowd noise....so in between the missing frames, I rely on the crowd to tell me if an attack has succeeded or not.

I didn't even realise it was raining until people said they got soaked walking home.

I'm sitting up here at 10pm waiting for the full match replay to be uploaded....maybe it'll look better second time around.

ps the bit about the refund was tongue-in-cheek....I've said in several posts that I'm delighted with the 3 points and the start to the season

Players in unfamiliar positions?

queenslandpie
13-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Unfortunately there's still an element on here ( and somewhere else ) that want to see AH+KN fail, constant criticism, and an agenda to see AH+KN fail even more than the Trews did a very sad state of affairs. As others have said we are light years ahead in terms of football, manager and owner that have graced the lane in recent years.

I'm not a tweeting type but I haven't seen anything other than pretty constructive criticism in regards to AH & KN of late. Yeah there is the odd troll but they are not to be taken seriously. The difference with this lot in charge is astounding. We have a manager that knows how to ....manage...and a chairman that knows how to be a chairman as opposed to a merry go round of ego lead incompetence on all fronts (allegedly).

Wedgie_pie
13-09-2017, 07:06 AM
To boost my post count I'll just say I agree with what most on here have said about last night match, apart from Tarks of course...Good result to celebrate my birthday down the match, oh and Tarks I did sit near a female paramedic last night like you suggested in the Sheridan thread, and boy was I glad I didn't need her to give me mouth to mouth..>:(>:(

crazyfists
13-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Great win against a team who are decent away in bad conditions, I loved the battle lastnight and thank god KN has done what no other manager has done for a hell of a long time - make us hard to beat. Glad to see Tarkers watching games but without the context of what has gone before then it's hard to note the improvement. I love KN and wont be long the championship are trying to poach hm.

Woodsetts_Pie
13-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Haven't posted in a while but well done tarquin you motivated me to login.

Need a refund, are you having a laugh? Actually, I'll pay again if they want me too.

This is L2 mate, I don't know what you expect but what your often going to get is a war of attrition.

So we aren't perfect. What we do have is a committed squad full of team spirit, endeavour and improving players. We haven't had that for years.

To get to "beautiful" football you either need a lot of money or you start by building the team. KN sure knows how to build, and manage a team. For gods sake we're actually organised! I know you haven't seen many games Tarquin so probably you don't appreciate just how fundamentally bad we have been, organisation has been just one part of what we were missing and we ain't now.

I am personally the happiest I have been with Notts for years and after the last couple of seasons I will take, and pay for, a resilient and solid win all day long.

COYP

I know what we need to get somewhere near the "beautiful" game.. We need about 8 Dutch players in the side.

Oh, hang on a minute, didn't we try that a while back...B)

i961pie
13-09-2017, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Woodsetts_Pie;38651721]I know what we need to get somewhere near the "beautiful" game.. We need about 8 Dutch players in the side.

And get Frank De Boer as manager;D

TheProphet
13-09-2017, 08:06 AM
I paid £22 to watch last nights game and loved every minute of it.

We battled, scrapped, fought and won. We showed commitment, unity and team spirit.

navypie
13-09-2017, 08:45 AM
I paid £22 to watch last nights game and loved every minute of it.

We battled, scrapped, fought and won. We showed commitment, unity and team spirit.

Agree Phophet , I paid £ 25 and worth every penny . " Brilliant from start to finish " to quote KN. I really don't know what game tarks was watching .

countygump
13-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Can I ask you to explain please ?

The new guy's post that you commented on. Sounds/writes an awful lot like our Vlad.

navypie
13-09-2017, 09:21 AM
The new guy's post that you commented on. Sounds/writes an awful lot like our Vlad.

I would be very surprised if its Vlad , I don't think he would call any thread tarks started " pathetic" . When posting tarks was only expressing his opinion on the game and it provoked a great reaction on here . I think to a man we all agree it was a great display from Notts last night , one I certainly enjoyed .

Bridg4d_Pie_
13-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Muppett, stick to your Goat Herding.😲

irish_pie
13-09-2017, 10:00 AM
To boost my post count I'll just say I agree with what most on here have said about last night match, apart from Tarks of course...Good result to celebrate my birthday down the match, oh and Tarks I did sit near a female paramedic last night like you suggested in the Sheridan thread, and boy was I glad I didn't need her to give me mouth to mouth..>:(>:(

Brilliant :) Happy birthday Wedgie

Wooderson
13-09-2017, 10:42 AM
I can only echo the other comments from people that were at the game in person. I will give Tarkers the benefit of the doubt and assume it perhaps looked a bit different on TV, but that was the best performance of the season so far for me, against a side who had just beaten the favourites 3-0 away and will probably be there or thereabouts themselves come May.

Slowish start, bit once Notts clicked into gear I thought we were by far the better side and thoroughly deserved the win. And it wasn't all kick and rush either, Forte, Hawkridge and especially Allesandra showed some nice skill in the final third, and with a bit more luck the win would have been more emphatic. And like others have mentioned, the battling was tremendous to a man. Place was buzzing at the end - can guarantee no-one there walked out shaking their heads saying 'Well, that was an awful game.'

COYP!

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 02:29 PM

Complete rubbish Kels....I have no reason to want AH/KN to fail.....I called the game as I saw it, nothing more than that....the King is Dead...Long Live the King is my motto.

Big Bob
13-09-2017, 02:30 PM
I get it......let's get out of this league etc, but who honestly wants to pay £24 to watch that.....2 shots on target??.....it's awful viewing
Oh for God's sake, stop your whinging

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Players in unfamiliar positions?

With Toots back, there were 5 changes from the last game, so yes, 5 changes is 5 players in 5 different positions....so, to me, they were unfamiliar

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 02:34 PM

Glad you had a great birthday.....bring back the Hooters girls I say.....and get them to sit near you for next game.....yum yum

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Muppett, stick to your Goat Herding.��

Dear Bridg4d,
Your comment has been passed to the Tarkers Complaint Department and placed in the "Action Pending" tray where it will be given the consideration it deserves.
This is an Automated Reply Service so please do NOT reply
Yours Sincerely
San Luis Mountain Goat-Herding Society

karl wheatly
13-09-2017, 02:48 PM
When I saw this post I thought the OP was on a windup. Then I saw that he watched the match on a computer in Mexico, with poor reception/bandwidth. This is not the way to form a balanced judgement of how the game really panned out.

In the cold and wet, under the lights, with lots of passion on and off the pitch, this was a thoroughly gripping and entertaining game to watch. For sure we certainly aren't Real Madrid - hahaha - but we will give anyone a game in this division, something that couldn't be said for many Notts teams over the last 15 or so years.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 02:58 PM
When I saw this post I thought the OP was on a windup. Then I saw that he watched the match on a computer in Mexico, with poor reception/bandwidth. This is not the way to form a balanced judgement of how the game really panned out.

In the cold and wet, under the lights, with lots of passion on and off the pitch, this was a thoroughly gripping and entertaining game to watch. For sure we certainly aren't Real Madrid - hahaha - but we will give anyone a game in this division, something that couldn't be said for many Notts teams over the last 15 or so years.

On balance, I think I've called all the other matches about right....even the Port Vale game that wasn't the most fluid game I've ever watched and where we "battled" for the points.

Judging by the majority of remarks, I may have called this one wrong....c'est la vie

sidders
13-09-2017, 03:00 PM

You're so right, Karl. He has a similarly blurred view of most events in the UK but he's prepared to make his judgement public because he thinks he tells it how it is. Yet this is now remote he really is - he thinks we still have a King!

SolSigns
13-09-2017, 03:14 PM
I didn't even realise it was raining

XD XD XD XD hah...

No, seriously, this man's opinions are carefully formed.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 03:24 PM
XD XD XD XD hah...

No, seriously, this man's opinions are carefully formed.

Stalker Numero Uno - Why would I assume it's raining if it doesn't actually look like it's raining on my laptop......"wow, this game isn't looking very skillful...I wonder if the grainy appearance on my screen is rain....maybe it's snowing"

Stalker Numero Dos aka The Hypocrite - So anyone who disagrees with you has a distorted view of events?

ps Long Live the King is a fairly common phrase of explaining that one supports the new regime....as you well know Sid...from Wiki:

In modern times, this phrase has become a popular phrasal template. Given the memorable nature of the phrase (owing to epanalepsis), as well as its historic significance, the phrase crops up regularly as a headline for articles, editorials, or advertisements on themes of succession or replacement

countygump
13-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Dear Bridg4d,
Your comment has been passed to the Tarkers Complaint Department and placed in the "Action Pending" tray where it will be given the consideration it deserves.
This is an Automated Reply Service so please do NOT reply
Yours Sincerely
San Luis Mountain Goat-Herding Society

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Tarkers was there in his big long coatheard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
[the Children:]
O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay
O ho lay dee odl lee o, lay dee odl lee o lay

HaylePie
13-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Blimey all. Tarkers made a call after watching the game through a dodgy format and ended up with a reasonable assumption, considering. He has acknowledged that - several times over. This is a footie thread, not politics - lighten up, drop the vindictiveness, move on.

SolSigns
13-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Blimey all. Tarkers made a call after watching the game through a dodgy format and ended up with a reasonable assumption, considering. He has acknowledged that - several times over. This is a footie thread, not politics - lighten up, drop the vindictiveness, move on.

You'd have a point if he didn't get his jollies out of trying to intimidate other posters by saying their families deserve to die when he doesn't agree with them, and finding out posters' real names, locations and identifying info and publishing it on here for the purposes of beating them down.

Bullies deserve bringing down a notch in my opinion.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 03:58 PM
You'd have a point if he didn't get his jollies out of trying to intimidate other posters by saying their families deserve to die when he doesn't agree with them, and finding out posters' real names, locations and identifying info and publishing it on here for the purposes of beating them down.

Bullies deserve bringing down a notch in my opinion.

You and Sid posted, on this thread consecutively.......within 14 minutes of each other to hit out at me....but I'm the bully?

Sid's "personal life" was widely published on here several months ago.....not by me, he has actually commented on it, his Facebook page and his personal page where he promotes his Children's Books.....but I'm the one revealing it?....nope

Your buddy now has a history of wishing harm or death to others....and is well-documented on here....not just by me......anything else, or are you determined to ruin yet another thread?

ps You posted on the "first match" thread within 6 minutes of each other.......and on his Deja Vu thread 15 minutes after him.....are you two having a bit of a fling....or is it coincidence?

SolSigns
13-09-2017, 04:02 PM
You and Sid posted, on this thread consecutively.......within 14 minutes of each other to hit out at me....but I'm the bully?

You started it bud... and now you whine when there's pushback.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 04:02 PM
You started it bud... and now you whine when there's pushback.

Started what?

sidders
13-09-2017, 04:14 PM

You know what truly p*sses me off? When people take umbrage on others' behalf. You don't know the half.

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 04:18 PM
You know what truly p*sses me off? When people take umbrage on others' behalf. You don't know the half.

Stop being so mysterious Sid......we don't know the half of what?

countygump
13-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Stop being so mysterious Sid......we don't know the half of what?

You don't know half of the half that you don't know. There, that's told yer.

Is it a full moon???

sidders
13-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Is it a full moon???

Pull yer trousers up, Gump!

tarquinbeech
13-09-2017, 04:31 PM

Is it a full moon???

Full moon?.....no idea, but I think it's safer for me to retire to the garden before it really "kicks off".....now Sid's trying to bait Navy on the Deja Vu thread by calling him Navvy.....maybe it's something in the water?

HaylePie
13-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Sid - I do know what p*sses you off. From your posts these days - Everything!

FYI, my post wasn't taking umbridge on Tarq's behalf - he can take care of himself. It was, selfishly, for me, in the hope that I could continue to enjoy the opposite opinions and constructive criticism of those who attended the game without the thread becoming a bitch-fest (he says, bitching!).

(You might find the thread 'Bandwagon Jumpers' interesting btw.)

DelroyFacey22
14-09-2017, 08:29 AM
If you thought Tuesday night was bad you wouldn't have made it through Kiwomya and Fullarton without hanging yourself.

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Don't you just hate posters who constantly get involved in petty arguments?

HaylePie
14-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Welcome back EP - good break?

BanjoPie
14-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Bo - That was the worst game I've watched in years.....zero skill, hoof it as far as you can, kick out at anything that moves and waste as much time as we can.

Sorry everyone.....but I paid to watch that.....and I'm not happy

Loving the 3 points, but it's horrible......sorry again.....I'm off for another beer.

I totally agree - been saying this all season. Would rather watch a decent attempt to actually 'play football' and lose than watching this 'up & under' style and Yes, I am glad we won because the sooner we get out of this mire of L2 the better.

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Welcome back EP - good break?

Eventful! 10 good days and 4 awful ones dodging Hurricane Irma. A 100% refund means it was all for free!

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 04:43 PM
I Would rather watch a decent attempt to actually 'play football' and lose.

I wouldn't. I don't ever remember leaving a game happy after a defeat or sad after a victory.

BanjoPie
14-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Eventful! 10 good days and 4 awful ones dodging Hurricane Irma. A 100% refund means it was all for free!

Now there's a thought - perhaps I Could ask for my money back for Sats match.

navypie
14-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Don't you just hate posters who constantly get involved in petty arguments?

Now your back ( yippee) I suppose where gonna have to put up with your awful player ratings . Some may say you give a balanced view but I disagree , how anybody can rate Dickinson is beyond me !

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Some may say you give a balanced view but I disagree , how anybody can rate Dickinson is beyond me !

What? The only time I've seen Dickinson this season was in the pre-season friendlies so I haven't given him any ratings.

navypie
14-09-2017, 05:54 PM
What? The only time I've seen Dickinson this season was in the pre-season friendlies so I haven't given him any ratings.
Please ! Your an intelligent bloke .