PDA

View Full Version : “They just think we should be winning 6-0“

PortugueseFrank
13-09-2017, 05:03 PM
“They just think we should be winning 6-0“

The latest brain fart from McKinnon.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/507038/dundee-united-boss-ray-mckinnon-insists-can-cope-pressure/amp/

I don’t know any fan expecting us to win 6-0.

I’ll take 1-0 against part timers like Dumbarton with a modicum of entertainment value.

Pull your head out your arse Ray.

You need to earn the right to condescend to the fans first. So far you’ve earned **** all.

Jim McLean fined the players for not entertaining the fans enough in the second half of a game we won 4-1.

He certainly didn’t turn around in The Courier after the game and make comments about fans having unrealistic expectations following an embarrassing draw against a team that has a fraction of our budget and doesn’t have the top facilities that we have at their disposal

Everyone else in the wrong for Ray.

So far proving unable to accept responsibility as the gaffer amongst his other apparent shortcomings.

Chick A Saw
13-09-2017, 05:34 PM
"We said that last year and people bought into it but they are not buying into it this year"

Knew it was gonna be hard last year and know its gonna be hard again this season. But i need to see the team on the park putting in the effort that leads to good football and feeling i am leaving having been entertained!

Shedrule68
13-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Well now we've established it's the fans fault, we can adjust our expectations.

DerryJungle
13-09-2017, 05:51 PM
What utter sh1te the man blethers, these are simply the excuses he's choosing to make for his own shortcomings, these are the exact same soundbites you used to get out of McNamara.

Raymond reminds me of McNamara more and more each day. The same sh1te tactics week in week out, which everyone in the ground bar the manager, can see isn't working, with the same lack of plan B/outright refusal to change when it's clear we've been figured out. The same, promises, excuses and cliches that get thrown out after every setback, and the same rumblings of discontent coming from St. Andrews.

Some might be happy to give Ray until Christmas, but we've all seen this little scenario before, and we all know how it ends.

bawbagg
13-09-2017, 06:23 PM
absolute nonsense. dumbarton outplayed us first half and its insulting to say that they came to sit in. second half they defended a lot but their first half performance gave them the opportunity to do that. not as if they were holding on for a point. pathetic excuse

bawbagg
13-09-2017, 06:27 PM
and 12 games into the season hes still using the 14 new players who arent yet up to fitness excuse. ****ing gee me a break

arab81
13-09-2017, 06:29 PM
A man that's clearly on the ropes. Another gutless clueless performance at the weekend should do it. Ta ta Ray.

ianharab
13-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Getting seriously worried after reading this pish , don't expect to beat anyone 6-0 , do expect , however , to beat a part time side at home , don't expect to see us struggle to beat Brechin , do expect to see us put teams under pressure at Tannadice

geofoxposse
13-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I DO expect to see us trying to beat everyone 6,7,8, nil. If your not trying to get it in the other net you will lose. Its simple.

If the coaching set up is to dilly dally around to play for 1-0 then he can feck right off and bring in a positive coach.

deebuster
13-09-2017, 07:06 PM
“I am not here to make excuses"

That should have been the first line of the article, and would have saved us reading the rest of his tripe.
Ray, times almost up.

Sutherland Arab
13-09-2017, 07:40 PM
So when we get comfortably horsed by Falkirk on Saturday- a team with 2 points and have not been "bang at it" what will his reasoning be then? The plastic pitch? Houston's bald head shining into the players eyes off the sun?
Tedious spin. Put up or shut up.

troonarab
13-09-2017, 07:45 PM
“I am not here to make excuses"

That should have been the first line of the article, and would have saved us reading the rest of his tripe.
Ray, times almost up.

He proved to me last season in the 3-0 pumping at Falkirk that his time was up and I'm still waiting for him to prove me wrong.New season same ****e,if only he'd admit he's out his depth.He would get more respect if he was honest but I suppose he can still fool some of our support.

LSArab
13-09-2017, 07:51 PM
TBF the Houston baldie excuse would be a classic

McNamara must be good at his excuses though - see how much damage York City let him do. They are spinning into oblivion. National league north when before they were enjoying league football

Arabs4ever
13-09-2017, 08:22 PM
That interview is shocking. You hear about players bringing the game into disrepute, well I would say our manager has done it here. If he ain't going to be sacked he should be put on gardening leave.

shedboy71
13-09-2017, 08:28 PM
What an embarrasement he is - try some tempo, decent tactics, - actually dinnae bother p!ss off

An old shed boy
13-09-2017, 08:40 PM
That interview is shocking. You hear about players bringing the game into disrepute, well I would say our manager has done it here. If he ain't going to be sacked he should be put on gardening leave.

If he was on gardening leave who would you trust to pick the team until new manager was in.

Arabs4ever
13-09-2017, 08:50 PM
If he was on gardening leave who would you trust to pick the team until new manager was in.

Well it wouldn't be Ellis, Garden, Bowman or Flood. I would like to see what Brian Grant could do with this squad of players. Couldn't be much worse than whats going on currently.

arab_plumber
14-09-2017, 10:08 AM
That interview is a complete slap in the face to our fans who've backed this club magnificently in the face of scandalous leadership and terrible managers/teams.

I absolutely expect the team who are allegedly title favourites to be looking to beat part time teams 4/6 nil at Tannadice, different story obviously against full time outfits.

McKinnon is making an absolute c unt of things on the pitch and every time he opens his mouth he's digging himself a bigger hole.

Talk is cheap Raymond lets see some good attacking football for once

TerryTheTerror
14-09-2017, 10:21 AM
I think it's a reasonable interview and hits all the issues raised by folk concerned by his tenure so far. He's come out fighting which is good to see and I think he's right to point out we have a lot of new players. Anyone who thinks a team can be built in twelve games is totally deluding themselves and has no idea.

Jedi u-Knighted
14-09-2017, 10:40 AM
I don't expect to win any game 6-0.., I always expect the opposition to score at some point.... 😉

arab_plumber
14-09-2017, 11:30 AM
I think it's a reasonable interview and hits all the issues raised by folk concerned by his tenure so far. He's come out fighting which is good to see and I think he's right to point out we have a lot of new players. Anyone who thinks a team can be built in twelve games is totally deluding themselves and has no idea.

Hahaha you'll always take any excuse to back the manager/team

So after a dozen proper games and pre season games our FULL TIME players who train at a state of the arts training ground can't beat a PART TIME team you think RM's are acceptable? ?........phuck sake XD XD XD

how many games and weeks of training is required to provide a performance of note?

arabian_ian
14-09-2017, 11:54 AM
FFS in a my years of going to football I've never heard the like.
6 weeks in and our players are still unfit. Like this situation would have been tollerated in wee Jim's day.

McKinnon your job entails you have fit supposedly athletes at you disposal. Looks like you are neglecting your duties.

bawbagg
14-09-2017, 12:04 PM
I think it's a reasonable interview and hits all the issues raised by folk concerned by his tenure so far. He's come out fighting which is good to see and I think he's right to point out we have a lot of new players. Anyone who thinks a team can be built in twelve games is totally deluding themselves and has no idea.dumbarton signed 15 players during the summer. st mirren signed 11 and pretty much overhauled their entire squad last january

arab_plumber
14-09-2017, 12:22 PM
dumbarton signed 15 players during the summer. st mirren signed 11 and pretty much overhauled their entire squad last january

That's different though ........lol

An old shed boy
14-09-2017, 12:37 PM

So everybody on here is deluded except you then.

LSArab
14-09-2017, 12:38 PM
I personally often hear the chant at tannadice --- '6-0, we should be wining 6-0, we should be winning 6-0' so can see which planet Raymundo is coming from

Problem is that we don't seem to be where we need to be. We need to be winning this league and to do so convincingly as no room for error in not making it.

The concern of the fans is justified. If we can't beat the part timers down near the bottom at home what does the season hold. Performances have been flat which is Ray's responsibility

Let's just hope the team can turn this around asap

PortugueseFrank
14-09-2017, 01:15 PM
So how about this:

When McEwan Fraser Legal do that minter decibel check to see which fans are louder between United and Dundee, how about United fans chant “WE WANT 6! WE WANT 6!” loud as ****?

DerryJungle
14-09-2017, 02:59 PM

Thon Jack Ross is making a right chunt of things with his 14 new players at St. Mirren, eh? No idea whatsoever.

TerryTheTerror
14-09-2017, 03:07 PM
So everybody on here is deluded except you then.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday of course so I was spared that pain. :)

TerryTheTerror
14-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Thon Jack Ross is making a right chunt of things with his 14 new players at St. Mirren, eh? No idea whatsoever.

You judge after 5 league games? Fair enough but the season is going to last a lot longer than that.

DerryJungle
14-09-2017, 03:41 PM
You judge after 5 league games? Fair enough but the season is going to last a lot longer than that.

I'm judging Raymond on the past 15 months, over which there has been very little improvement in results and most certainly performances.

You're clearly buying into the cliches he's spouting. A team can be built in a short space of time, many good managers have proven this, they don't need six months to be "bang at it".

It's not as if the players RM's brought in are coming from the moon, they're experienced professional footballers who should be able to play together to a reasonable standard with minimal teething problems, if they say otherwise, they're in the wrong profession. Football's a simple game, made complicated by idiots, of which Ray McKinnon clearly is.

TerryTheTerror
14-09-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm judging Raymond on the past 15 months, over which there has been very little improvement in results and most certainly performances.

You're clearly buying into the cliches he's spouting. A team can be built in a short space of time, many good managers have proven this, they don't need six months to be "bang at it".

It's not as if the players RM's brought in are coming from the moon, they're experienced professional footballers who should be able to play together to a reasonable standard with minimal teething problems, if they say otherwise, they're in the wrong profession. Football's a simple game, made complicated by idiots, of which Ray McKinnon clearly is.

Managers that turned out to be great have also taken time to build a team and almost been sacked because of it.

DerryJungle
14-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Managers that turned out to be great have also taken time to build a team and almost been sacked because of it.

Ray McKinnon will not turn out to be great.

TerryTheTerror
14-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Most likely not but (I guess obviously) I haven't given up hope yet. I completely understand your view though.

An old shed boy
14-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Tell you what though Terry there isn't a poster on here who doesn't hope that you're right and we're wrong.

shedboy71
14-09-2017, 07:56 PM
So how about this:

When McEwan Fraser Legal do that minter decibel check to see which fans are louder between United and Dundee, how about United fans chant “WE WANT 6! WE WANT 6!” loud as ****?

:D

shedboy71
14-09-2017, 07:59 PM

Come on Terry you know its not about 5 games

arab81
14-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Gotta admire the positive outlook Terry 🤣
As other posters have said I really hope one day I post on here saying thank f#ck ST gave Ray time....just canny see it unfortunately.

LSArab
14-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Hope we can say - wasn't it good when ST left 😂😂😂

Yeah it's 5 matches but point is if we continue to be this bad then the likes of St Mirren will start to get too far ahead and it will be game over

shedboy71
14-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Gotta admire the positive outlook Terry ��
As other posters have said I really hope one day I post on here saying thank f#ck ST gave Ray time....just canny see it unfortunately.

This! and Terry no a dig at you as you bleed tangerine and thats good enough for me

TerryTheTerror
15-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I totally understand folks concerns at the moment. I'm probably totally deluded but the lack of patience in football fans these days is one of my pet hates. Our support is currently showing all the classic symptoms. :(

SmedDUm
15-09-2017, 10:44 AM
You're not at all deluded Terry.
The support is ugly.
We win tomorrow & it gets prettier.
It's all about results.
You're only as good as your last game.

PortugueseFrank
15-09-2017, 10:52 AM
It is all about results.

Especially because another year in the championship is a real threat to the long term future of the club.

Another year down and we will see crowds reduce, income reduce, squad quality potentially reduce. It’s a domino effect.

And don’t discount the generational effect.

Dundee have never recovered their crowds from their 7 year jolly down.

Local kids see one club higher than the other and they say “sorry Dad, I want to support the team in the top league”.

We benefitted from that during Dundee’s doon years. We could just as easily loose out from our’s.

An old shed boy
15-09-2017, 12:05 PM
I totally understand folks concerns at the moment. I'm probably totally deluded but the lack of patience in football fans these days is one of my pet hates. Our support is currently showing all the classic symptoms. :(
Not sure I'd agree with you Terry.
Things were pretty bad last year and although Ray took a lot of stick there was a general acceptance that we had to give him time to bring in his own team.
Unfortunately there has been no improvement this year.
Ok it's only a few games in but he really doesn't look as if he's got what it takes.
He doesn't help himself either I don't think with some of his comments.
The 6 0 thing in particular.
I just don't see him having a rapport with the support.
Maybe it'll only take one game and it'll all come together.
We hope.

bobafett
15-09-2017, 12:41 PM

I agree. To a point. I despair at the current trend of sacking mangers before they’ve had a reasonable amount of time to work with the players and get their ideas across. I loved McKinnon as a player so I really want things to work out for him but I have serious concerns.
Watching us I never get the impression that there is any semblance of a plan or specific tactical approach. We are utterly aimless 90% of the time. The opposition is almost always fitter, keener and better organised than we are. Since McNamara’s purple patch ended, I’ve left almost every game thinking that we don’t spend enough time on the training ground. We never look like we have any idea how to take or defend set-pieces. We are probably the worst team in World football at taking throw-ins. I swear we give the ball away more often than not from them!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him turn a game round due to a tactical switch. He never seems to see when and why we’re struggling in a game. It was blatantly, painfully obvious to me after 10/15 minutes at Paisley that we needed to make adjustments to get anything out of that game. He never makes changes until it’s too late.

I’m not calling for him to be sacked. We’re 5 games into the season and 2 points off top spot. Hardly a crisis. However, I left Paisley after seeing us pumped 3-0 by a very average side and I wasn’t in the slightest surprised, or even angry. There’s a growing mixture apathy and malcontent among our support which can only be destructive if it remains long term and I’m deeply concerned that Ray isn’t really capable of turning it round. I do hope I’m wrong, though.