PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan secret deal

Old_pie
13-09-2017, 09:09 PM
AH is not allowed to talk about today's judgement:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 27m27 minutes ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted M

"I have received very clear instructions from the adjudicator that the whole case must remain highly confidential & no information given"

Alan Hardy added,
M @Nottscountymax
alright Alan, how did the court case go? @Bigalanh5
1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes

Not sure that this meets any sort of open and transparent criteria that would be nice to see in rulings on the game. Either Sheridan was unfairly dismissed or he wasn't but I'm guessing some settlement was agreed.

SolSigns
13-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Interesting. The sweet FA gave up any pretensions to being open and transparent years ago, didn't they?

My money's on JS dropping the whole embarrassing thing on condition AH remains schtum - I don't think Al would have settled otherwise.

The_Don_ORiordan
13-09-2017, 09:41 PM
Having experienced a number of adjudications. Invariably money changes hands. Never as much as the plaintiff wants, always more than they typically deserve.

arnapie
14-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Sounds like an out of court settlement was made, should keep him in whiskey for a few months.

Likes a drink ( according to rumour, allegedly ) does John

meoldlaner
14-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Probably keeping schtum about allegedly being caught drinking at half time by a certain member of his staff.

lunaspie
14-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Sounds like an out of court settlement was made, should keep him in whiskey for a few months.

Surely alarm Bells should have rung before his appointment ?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
14-09-2017, 10:33 PM

He was GINerally a good manager apart from the odd hiccup

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 10:34 PM

Especially when he appointed Johnnie Walker as his assistant.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
14-09-2017, 10:39 PM
I think the players were partly to blame for his sacking, you can bacardli blame him for the poor results.
That's it I'm off to bed

SolSigns
14-09-2017, 10:49 PM
Another winer.

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 11:03 PM
I think the players were partly to blame for his sacking.

I think we can scotch that rumour.

Elite_Pie
14-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Especially when he appointed Johnnie Walker as his assistant.

And Glen Fiddich as chief scout.

SolSigns
14-09-2017, 11:12 PM
A tumaltuous character.

60YearsAPie
14-09-2017, 11:12 PM
This was his favourite drink. Flown in specially from Seattle.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
14-09-2017, 11:53 PM
Worse than Gary bush-Mills.

sidders
15-09-2017, 08:28 AM
At the beginning his teams played with spirit.

Elite_Pie
15-09-2017, 08:30 AM
At the beginning his teams played with spirit.

Disagree, his teams were Absolut rubbish.

lunaspie
15-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Disagree, his teams were Absolut rubbish.

Nevertheless,he managed a rye grin as the panel announced its findings.

ivegotthecheese
15-09-2017, 10:41 PM
When I think of Sheridan now, it reminds me of trudging home from a mid-week game (which we'd lost), and listening to Radio Nottingham - John comes on and says something like "I just don't know how to fix this"

It was all so massively depressing. I mean, Fullerton was depressing, but you expected that, this was just terrible

60YearsAPie
15-09-2017, 10:51 PM
When I think of Sheridan now, it reminds me of trudging home from a mid-week game (which we'd lost), and listening to Radio Nottingham - John comes on and says something like "I just don't know how to fix this"

Thank goodness we found someone who did know how to fix it or we'd have been playing teams like Guiseley and Ebbsfleet this season.

upthemaggies
16-09-2017, 09:37 AM
The phrase that kept on coming up in the first few months after Hardy took over was "The club is being run much more professionally now". Players were saying that, backroom staff and supporters, so by implication it wasn't being run professionally beforehand. The collapse in form was staggering, 6th down 19th from the end of October to the end of November, coinciding with players being paid late and WUPs. To be fair to Sheridan, anybody would have struggled in those circumstances, but he obviously wasn't the right man to drag us out of the mess once things got sorted behind the scenes.

I suppose a lot of people still have that terrible run in the back of their mind when looking at the table this week, also the season in which Derry's side dropped from the play-ofs into the relegation zone and even the Thordarsson campaign, we've been here before, but we shouldn't expect a repeat this season. Just average form between now and mid-November should see us in touch with the play-offs at the very least as we go into the FA Cup weekends. If we're still thereabouts as Xmas becomes new year we could be in for a very exciting 2nd half to the campaign.
We can finally put Sheridan behind us now. Here's to the future!

tarquinbeech
16-09-2017, 05:19 PM
The phrase that kept on coming up in the first few months after Hardy took over was "The club is being run much more professionally now". Players were saying that, backroom staff and supporters, so by implication it wasn't being run professionally beforehand. The collapse in form was staggering, 6th down 19th from the end of October to the end of November, coinciding with players being paid late and WUPs. To be fair to Sheridan, anybody would have struggled in those circumstances, but he obviously wasn't the right man to drag us out of the mess once things got sorted behind the scenes.

I suppose a lot of people still have that terrible run in the back of their mind when looking at the table this week, also the season in which Derry's side dropped from the play-ofs into the relegation zone and even the Thordarsson campaign, we've been here before, but we shouldn't expect a repeat this season. Just average form between now and mid-November should see us in touch with the play-offs at the very least as we go into the FA Cup weekends. If we're still thereabouts as Xmas becomes new year we could be in for a very exciting 2nd half to the campaign.
We can finally put Sheridan behind us now. Here's to the future!

Oldham might be putting him behind them as well.....another home loss today keeps them rock-bottom

I can hear the axe getting a good sharpening from here......he'll be living off AH's compo for a while

MAD_MAGPIE
16-09-2017, 09:54 PM
I'm surprised he did not try to sign Fabian Brandy if all the players were that bad. Maybe could have persuaded Oliver Beer-off out of retirement as well. XD

lunaspie
16-09-2017, 10:36 PM

Yes,that was a Famous Grouse of his.

lunaspie
16-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Oldham might be putting him behind them as well.....another home loss today keeps them rock-bottom

I can hear the axe getting a good sharpening from here......he'll be living off AH's compo for a while

If Oldham do sack him I reckon he'll find himself a Canadian Club next.

queenslandpie
17-09-2017, 02:34 AM
If Oldham do sack him I reckon he'll find himself a Canadian Club next.

The Havana Club linked has a 7 years deal on offer. Groan.

SolSigns
17-09-2017, 04:31 AM
The Havana Club linked has a 7 years deal on offer. Groan.

That one's definitely on the rocks.

MancMagpie
18-09-2017, 11:53 PM

Not a rumour that. I can confirm this as fact 100%. I was at a wedding last year chatting to a very famous footballer (who of course I can't name) about Sheridan. Apparently he loved a drink even on match days just before he would play as well. It's very sad actually. He was a very talented footballer. The ex footballer who I spoke to has also managed him and said he dropped him on numerous occasions for being pissed before a game.

lunaspie
20-09-2017, 09:56 PM
And I recall the Dutch police being summoned to some hotel fracas of his before a big European night in the Haig.