PDA

View Full Version : O/T Grenfell Enquiry

TheBlackHorse
14-09-2017, 09:41 AM
... stand-by for racist comment by the multicultural PC brigade ...

navypie
14-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Hold onto yer tin hats !

sidders
14-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Why are you a BLACK horse when you could be a WHITE horse?

andy6025
14-09-2017, 01:16 PM
...becuz iyam so unfarely treeted on ear!

TheBlackHorse
14-09-2017, 04:14 PM
... rancid media and blood suckling lawyers, having wound up suffering residents and relatives into looking for an instant solution and to cast blame, can't admit to being wrong footed by Moore-Bick who will talk to survivors and their families ...

BigFatPie
14-09-2017, 04:34 PM
I think many of my brain cells are destroyed every time I read a post from the Black Horse.

TheBlackHorse
14-09-2017, 04:43 PM
... BFP... some would regard that as a public service ... you mean you think you have brain cells ?

BigFatPie
14-09-2017, 05:28 PM
If I read any more of your waffle than no.

sidders
14-09-2017, 05:42 PM
... rancid media and blood suckling lawyers, having wound up suffering residents and relatives into looking for an instant solution and to cast blame, can't admit to being wrong footed by Moore-Bick who will talk to survivors and their families ...

What on earth is a blood suckling lawyer? Over 80 people have died and you think it takes the media and lawyers to make people angry about that?
And where do you think the racism is going to come in? Class is at the base of a lot of this. And the main culprit for not passing on and implementing the warnings about cladding and no sprinklers from fire & police authorities? Tory MP Brandon Lewis. who'll probably get away scot-free.

navypie
14-09-2017, 06:01 PM
... BFP... some would regard that as a public service ... you mean you think you have brain cells ?

I can answer that for you , no he doesn't !

TheBlackHorse
14-09-2017, 06:02 PM
... Mr S: you know full well what a blood-suckling lawyer is. Do you think they really care about the grieving souls. They're looking for any angle to have their moment in the spotlight and coin some dirty money.
The race bit starts where some say an all white steering group can't be impartial. Including a non white with little experience of running an enquiry is token pandering to the PC mob. What we need, at this Stage 1, are facts and evidence. Later stages can look at legislation and the like before anything else. Some don't realise there is proper process-for heavens sake, Hilborough showed everyone that.

sidders
14-09-2017, 09:36 PM
... Mr S: you know full well what a blood-suckling lawyer is. Do you think they really care about the grieving souls. They're looking for any angle to have their moment in the spotlight and coin some dirty money.
The race bit starts where some say an all white steering group can't be impartial. Including a non white with little experience of running an enquiry is token pandering to the PC mob. What we need, at this Stage 1, are facts and evidence. Later stages can look at legislation and the like before anything else. Some don't realise there is proper process-for heavens sake, Hilborough showed everyone that.

Suggest you look up the meaning of suckling for starters.

tarquinbeech
14-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Suggest you look up the meaning of suckling for starters.

I'm pretty sure that the fire regs imposed on high-rise buildings......was imposed by Labour over 10 years ago....ooops

Now we have to see if a Tory government stuck to them......interesting stuff

sidders
15-09-2017, 08:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that the fire regs imposed on high-rise buildings......was imposed by Labour over 10 years ago....ooops

Now we have to see if a Tory government stuck to them......interesting stuff

After 7 years of Tory rule, some plonkers still seek to blame Labour for the state of Britain. If the existing fire regs were inadequate, I would argue that there has been plenty of time to put them right.

i961pie
15-09-2017, 12:27 PM
After 7 years of Tory rule, some plonkers still seek to blame Labour for the state of Britain. If the existing fire regs were inadequate, I would argue that there has been plenty of time to put them right.

Didn't Labour after 10 years in power still blame Thatcher etc.?
It is not just a Tory thing Sid, they all do it. If and when Corbyn gets in (shudders at the thought) he will do the same.

tarquinbeech
15-09-2017, 12:31 PM

The "state of Britain"?.....no, I said the fire regs.....you are the one seeking to make this a Political issue, by bringing Tory MPs into this....I was merely responding.

The enquiry will find the culprits, hopefully, and I strongly suspect that it was cost-cutting measures on the type of cladding used, that was to blame....though, how anyone thought that wrapping a high-rise in plastic was a good idea, is beyond me.

sidders
15-09-2017, 01:09 PM
The "state of Britain"?.....no, I said the fire regs.....you are the one seeking to make this a Political issue, by bringing Tory MPs into this....I was merely responding.

The enquiry will find the culprits, hopefully, and I strongly suspect that it was cost-cutting measures on the type of cladding used, that was to blame....though, how anyone thought that wrapping a high-rise in plastic was a good idea, is beyond me.

For f***s sake, Beechy, this IS a political issue, however you look at it. Please define political in your lexicon. In mine it'd to do with the distribution of power.
My substantive point was that 7 years should be enough time to right the wrongs.

sidders
15-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Didn't Labour after 10 years in power still blame Thatcher etc.?
It is not just a Tory thing Sid, they all do it. If and when Corbyn gets in (shudders at the thought) he will do the same.

Old Pie, what Thatcher did was to change the very basis of government. She slashed state spending and glorified competition and private enterprise at what cost. What she and Reagan did was to dehumanise the caring state. She can be blamed for so much, even Blair.
May only has months to run so prepare yourself for a rude awakening when the left tries to make money serve people and not the other way round.

i961pie
15-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Old Pie, what Thatcher did was to change the very basis of government. She slashed state spending and glorified competition and private enterprise at what cost. What she and Reagan did was to dehumanise the caring state. She can be blamed for so much, even Blair.
May only has months to run so prepare yourself for a rude awakening when the left tries to make money serve people and not the other way round.

Utopia awaits:P

tarquinbeech
15-09-2017, 01:34 PM
For f***s sake, Beechy, this IS a political issue, however you look at it. Please define political in your lexicon. In mine it'd to do with the distribution of power.
My substantive point was that 7 years should be enough time to right the wrongs.

Forgive me Sid if I DON'T see this as a political issue.....I'd much rather wait until I see the findings of the enquiry, and what the current government will do as a result....ok with you?

If contractors or local councilors deliberately substituted inferior cladding....then I want to see jail sentences

POSTYPIE
15-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Just hope the enquiry gets to the bottom of what went wrong/who sanctioned what/and whether cost was more important than tenants safety when it came to repairs/renovation at Grenfell as it would appear at first hand, but lets see what the enquiry reveals as I am sure the right people are in place to find out why this tragedy occurred in the first place and to make sure it never happens again.
The folk who lost their lives(and their grieving families) and folk who suffered awful burns/injuries and the many displaced tenants deserve answers as this fire should never have happened.

TheBlackHorse
15-09-2017, 02:33 PM
... it's no good pretending this is a political issue. It's a process issue which goes a long way past politics. Political parties of all persuasions are part of the causes. One aspect which will surely come out is the role of the fire brigade. Heroes for saving lives but culprits for turning a blind eye on safety. Arguably, after construction is completed, they are checking high rise buildings on a planned (?) basis to pass Safety Reg legislation requirements. Whilst they may tick the boxes, they know damn well when something is unsafe. So what's been happening? Do they turn a blind eye for fear of making uncomfortable waves?

sidders
15-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Forgive me Sid if I DON'T see this as a political issue.....I'd much rather wait until I see the findings of the enquiry, and what the current government will do as a result....ok with you?

If contractors or local councilors deliberately substituted inferior cladding....then I want to see jail sentences

So do I; left, right or centre, but it's still political because decisions were made (to do with time, materials and money) by groups of people who shared a viewpoint.

sidders
15-09-2017, 02:42 PM
... it's no good pretending this is a political issue. It's a process issue which goes a long way past politics. Political parties of all persuasions are part of the causes. One aspect which will surely come out is the role of the fire brigade. Heroes for saving lives but culprits for turning a blind eye on safety. Arguably, after construction is completed, they are checking high rise buildings on a planned (?) basis to pass Safety Reg legislation requirements. Whilst they may tick the boxes, they know damn well when something is unsafe. So what's been happening? Do they turn a blind eye for fear of making uncomfortable waves?

Black Horse, I don't know whether you're a married man but, believe it or not, politics also inhabits areas of your marriage. Also your friendships. Party political is a whole different ball game.

tarquinbeech
15-09-2017, 03:01 PM
So do I; left, right or centre, but it's still political because decisions were made (to do with time, materials and money) by groups of people who shared a viewpoint.

Sid - You could make an argument for ANY facet of daily life to be somehow linked to politics or "the failure of those in power to take action"......garbage in the rivers and oceans leading to plastic in our drinking water, Hillsborough, immigration, the banking crisis.....the list is endless.

Look at today's tube bombing......is it TM's fault for reducing police numbers or Blair's fault for invading Iraq and ultimately creating ISIS?

Is it because ALL governments REFUSE to stop immigration despite pretending that it's under control....I honestly don't think that bringing Party Politics into this is helpful.......Grenfell should never be allowed to happen again, whoever agreed the cladding needs 10 years in jail....and all Muslim agitators need deporting or jailing after today's attack.....and if Corbyn was in power, I'd be saying exactly the same thing.

sidders
15-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Holds head in hands in despair at the vast number of blind people who seem to live on Notts Mad.

navypie
15-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Holds head in hands in despair at the vast number of blind people who seem to live on Notts Mad.

Or simply see the world differently than you.

ancientpie
15-09-2017, 04:47 PM

I honestly try to keep off political threads but if I was ever going to point a finger at a "blind" person on Notts Mad it would be you! oh the ironing>

JoePass
15-09-2017, 04:52 PM

Pot, kettle,black

sidders
15-09-2017, 09:49 PM
I honestly try to keep off political threads but if I was ever going to point a finger at a "blind" person on Notts Mad it would be you! oh the ironing>

Only honest about how ancient you are. Try harder to keep off the political freds because the few views you've expressed are antediluvian.

navypie
16-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Perhaps if you could show us JC's magical money tree and provide prove that Diane Abbot has at least 1 GCSE though I acknowledge that might prove a little tricky , we could all see the light sidders ! Wrong thread I know but 3-0 to Notts today ,Jon Stead rolls back the years with all 3 !

HaylePie
16-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Wrong thread I know but 3-0 to Notts today ,Jon Stead rolls back the years with all 3 !

Hey Navy, did you just try and turn a political thread into a footie thread? Heresy I tell yer, where will all this madness end?

navypie
16-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Hey Navy, did you just try and turn a political thread into a footie thread? Heresy I tell yer, where will all this madness end?

Guilty.

sidders
16-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Diane Abbott went to Harrow Grammar and Newnham College, Cambridge, where she got a good History degree, Navy. What are your academic qualifications - do share.

TheBlackHorse
16-09-2017, 09:07 AM
... since when did academic qualifications have anything to do with common sense?

navypie
16-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Diane Abbott went to Harrow Grammar and Newnham College, Cambridge, where she got a good History degree, Navy. What are your academic qualifications - do share.

Well I never knew she was that intelligent ! she doesn't half hide it well . 1 GGSE in Metalwork, or was it Woodwork . Might have only been a CSE actually . Any word on the location of that money tree sidders ?

All The Best
Navvy

sidders
16-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Black Horse, I was responding to Navy's implication that Diane Abbott probably didn't even have an O level. With CSE in just 2 subjects I now understand the huge holes in his logic on here.
I don't believe Labour ever claimed to have a magic money tree. That was May's invention. She found £9 billion for Norun Iron at its base, didn't she?
Oh I did enjoy the win today and may even turn up at Notts next week.

Elite_Pie
16-09-2017, 08:34 PM

You can use my ST if you make the journey sid, I'm away again from Monday so will miss the Lincoln game.

Use the PM facility sharpish if you're interested.

navypie
16-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Black Horse, I was responding to Navy's implication that Diane Abbott probably didn't even have an O level. With CSE in just 2 subjects I now understand the huge holes in his logic on here.
I don't believe Labour ever claimed to have a magic money tree. That was May's invention. She found £9 billion for Norun Iron at its base, didn't she?
" Mays invention" ? are you saying we are not capable of making our own minds up ? actually you don't have to answer that , I already know the answer . I also have a first class degree in Journalism , well it cant be that hard slippers !

All The Best

Navvy