PDA

View Full Version : Signings this season

whitestomper45
15-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Yes maybe slightly too many overseas for some but....

Nearly all have come under the radar, at bargain prices... and take Grot I heard many commentators who can't believe Leeds have nabbed him. They all seem to have embraced what the club is and actually enjoy playing in front of a big passionate crowd with expectations.

The obvious thing would have been with some money was to buy some seasoned quality championship players then have to rebuild again should we get promoted. We have gone another route, these players look like their adapting quickly to British football and most would be capable of playing in the PL when we go up :)

Great stuff so far

LeedsFTW
15-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Absolutely agree. The whole management structure deserve a lot of credit at this point. Radz for appointing the right people, Orta for picking his "friends" to play for Leeds. TC for molding the team and playing in such an attacking manner and appointing Coops as Captain and clearly getting the best out of the players.

The new signings have been brought in at really good prices, add quality to the team and no doubt if they move on the club will be making a good profit on them.

Its the first squad for many a year, that I believe can be interchanged without being seriously weakened.

Endless list of good things to say about the start of this season - its brilliant!

godlikegiles
15-09-2017, 11:22 AM
I agree absolutely brilliant start. all these new players are enjoying playing in the according to some, too tough for foreign second raters English Championship no doubt the troll will return but for now lets enjoy the magic!!! MOT

Rev72
15-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Agree with all the above.

Ain't it great lads eh. B)

As for the troll..well he's busy with the family...

fredlufc74
15-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Professionalism, that is what is oozing out the the club now. Structures are being put into place to build for the future of the club.

Scouting, is a big one.

Actually trying to promote the club within not just the local communitity but on a worldwide level.

It's just not all about the first team either. Bringing in good/decent young talent from abroad and hopefully them getting into the first team or even if they don't make it at Leeds but prosper at their next club, tongues would be wagging about the type of player we can mould/produce.

A great start not just to the season but a whole new start to hopefully a legacy.

godlikegiles
15-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Agree with all the above.

Ain't it great lads eh. B)

As for the troll..well he's busy with the family...

WTF11
15-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Nice to see I've been missed ;D

Been a tad busy with family (how did you guess Rev?), out in Cuba supposedly celebrating the wedding of our youngest, Irma did a right job on us on that. Fortunately no-one in the party was injured, but being evacuated from Varadero to Havana was a tad unnerving. Rivers replaced roads, and the Malecon was completely overwhelmed. Feel sorry for the people, who seem simply to get on with things and don't expect much in the way of help from outside (been here when Wilma went through and hit Mexico, same atmosphere, just get on and fix things the best you can).

Got back yesterday and thanks to all you good people ;D, have been able to catch up on things related to Leeds, how exciting! Haven't seen all the games, but as I did say before departing the likes of Saiz and Alioski have most definitely proved me wrong in terms of acclimatising (never said they were rubbish, just not experienced in the championship, prove me wrong on that?). Very impressed and with Lassogga too, although would like to see him having to work harder against a real defence.

Not going to get into an argument about the structures etc, time will tell if they benefit the club long term, but for now top of the Championship and unbeaten is a very good place to be.

Oh, just to finish off (I do have other things to attend to, honestly), the main reason we have clean sheets is a bloody good back four, and if it hadn't been for Ayling the faffing around from Wiedwald would have cost us a goal. And I saw some comment regarding the highlights of the Birmingham game that we saw a "save", err really? He fell on the ball when it was travelling at about zero miles an hour, my granddaughter could have done the same (and more elegantly too!). He doesn't command his area, he doesn't communicate well with the back four, who basically function independently of the keeper at the moment. He will be found out if (when) we get an attack who knows where the goal is (which Birmingham clearly didn't given the number of sitters that went begging). He needs to sharpen up in the box, come for the ball and make it clear he is doing so, WHEN NECESSARY, and do a little less arm waving.

Otherwise, all good! Toodle Pip ;D

jimmybn
15-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Nice to see I've been missed ;D

Been a tad busy with family (how did you guess Rev?), out in Cuba supposedly celebrating the wedding of our youngest, Irma did a right job on us on that. Fortunately no-one in the party was injured, but being evacuated from Varadero to Havana was a tad unnerving. Rivers replaced roads, and the Malecon was completely overwhelmed. Feel sorry for the people, who seem simply to get on with things and don't expect much in the way of help from outside (been here when Wilma went through and hit Mexico, same atmosphere, just get on and fix things the best you can).

Got back yesterday and thanks to all you good people ;D, have been able to catch up on things related to Leeds, how exciting! Haven't seen all the games, but as I did say before departing the likes of Saiz and Alioski have most definitely proved me wrong in terms of acclimatising (never said they were rubbish, just not experienced in the championship, prove me wrong on that?). Very impressed and with Lassogga too, although would like to see him having to work harder against a real defence.

Not going to get into an argument about the structures etc, time will tell if they benefit the club long term, but for now top of the Championship and unbeaten is a very good place to be.

Oh, just to finish off (I do have other things to attend to, honestly), the main reason we have clean sheets is a bloody good back four, and if it hadn't been for Ayling the faffing around from Wiedwald would have cost us a goal. And I saw some comment regarding the highlights of the Birmingham game that we saw a "save", err really? He fell on the ball when it was travelling at about zero miles an hour, my granddaughter could have done the same (and more elegantly too!). He doesn't command his area, he doesn't communicate well with the back four, who basically function independently of the keeper at the moment. He will be found out if (when) we get an attack who knows where the goal is (which Birmingham clearly didn't given the number of sitters that went begging). He needs to sharpen up in the box, come for the ball and make it clear he is doing so, WHEN NECESSARY, and do a little less arm waving.

Otherwise, all good! Toodle Pip ;D

Phoney tw@t - no one gives a **** about your opinion troll or your made up holiday .

Probably a wet weekend in Bogner Regis!

Billyni
15-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Thought it was no coincidence when you went missing and Irma arrived on the scene. Welcome back.:P

WTF11
15-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Phoney tw@t - no one gives a **** about your opinion troll or your made up holiday .

Just wish you'd been there watching kids playing and having fun under such circumstances, then compare that behaviour with the looting sh1ts in Miami, but as usual you show what an ignorant, blinkered f00kwit you really are.

And if you're so ambivalent (get that dictionary out, see if you can understand the definition of the word), towards my opinions, why the f00k do you keep replying, sweetcheeks??

See you around😉

WTF11
15-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Thought it was no coincidence when you went missing and Irma arrived on the scene. Welcome back.:P

Thanks Billy, nice to be back, in a way, would prefer the happy couple not to have had such a wet and windy start to married life, but there you go, you can't book the weather.

jimmybn
15-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Just wish you'd been there watching kids playing and having fun under such circumstances, then compare that behaviour with the looting sh1ts in Miami, but as usual you show what an ignorant, blinkered f00kwit you really are.

And if you're so ambivalent (get that dictionary out, see if you can understand the definition of the word), towards my opinions, why the f00k do you keep replying, sweetcheeks??

See you around😉

Nah your alright WTF - I'll pass on the "kids watching" if that's alright by you

WTF11
15-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Nah your alright WTF - I'll pass on the "kids watching" if that's alright by you

100% true blue f00kwit knob head. I feel sad for all your family and every poor begotten soul who knows you.

BelfastAndy
15-09-2017, 09:58 PM

FFS. Did make me laugh though.

BelfastAndy
15-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks Billy, nice to be back, in a way, would prefer the happy couple not to have had such a wet and windy start to married life, but there you go, you can't book the weather.

All marriages start with fine weather. It's lasts for about 3 days before the isobars start closing in as cold front approaches - and usually remains for fkn ever!

MrsORichSenior
16-09-2017, 01:07 AM
WTF11 - I'll welcome you back but please please drop the Toodle Pip ok, an MOT will suffice or maybe an 'I Believe' !!

If you've a 'mo post a positive comment too on Pete post "Deals" as folks in the boardroom are now taking initiatives on board that fans hardwork behind the scenes having been asking for.
Cuba ?
Thought Eastleigh was the bees knees ............. ;D
MOT

WTF11
16-09-2017, 05:39 PM
WTF11 - I'll welcome you back but please please drop the Toodle Pip ok, an MOT will suffice or maybe an 'I Believe' !!

If you've a 'mo post a positive comment too on Pete post "Deals" as folks in the boardroom are now taking initiatives on board that fans hardwork behind the scenes having been asking for.
Cuba ?
Thought Eastleigh was the bees knees ............. ;D
MOT

Usually know how to reply, but honestly don't know what your post was about (doodle pip, Cuba etc).

Can you explain please?

WTF11
16-09-2017, 05:40 PM
All marriages start with fine weather. It's lasts for about 3 days before the isobars start closing in as cold front approaches - and usually remains for fkn ever!

Married 42 years m8, still going strong!