PDA

View Full Version : Auld photos

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Was looking at some old photos of Dens last night.

One I'd never seen before from 1922 seems to have been taken from the air from the south.

There's a pitch on the left hand side of the provie road that seems to have a wall round it (enclosed), was this a junior team or just a local pitch? Just curious.

Bottom goal about in line with Sams and top goal near top of provie.

Also photo must have been taking mid winter with very low sun as shadow from chimney at mill behind the derry stretches full width of the pitch giving a very strange looking effect.

shaded
15-09-2017, 08:24 AM
post it up mate

jdfc
15-09-2017, 12:07 PM
You'll wait on that, he just learnt how to send a text two months ago, the auld aines can't get used to modern technology

deecom
15-09-2017, 12:26 PM
You'll wait on that, he just learnt how to send a text two months ago, the auld aines can't get used to modern technology

Hope he's put a first class stamp on it !

BCram
15-09-2017, 01:09 PM

Think you'll find he's not a pensioner and therefore not auld at all, just grumpy!

BCram
15-09-2017, 01:20 PM
https://www.************.co.uk/forums/topic/5227-a-bit-confused-any-historians-out-there/

Came from the other forum courtesy of Bloomogg. He'll not get to look at it 'cause he's banned, unless he has been having a wee peak at his beloved Pravda.:P

Apologies, don't think the link works, I am auld!

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 02:24 PM
post it up mate

It's on a site called Dundee futba shrine.

Maybe folk have seen it but I haven't.

Kinda fascinated with pitch on left of provie going up. Games of two halves for whoever played there.

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Hope he's put a first class stamp on it !

Well done deacon pus shutter for Mr gpo.

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Think you'll find he's not a pensioner and therefore not auld at all, just grumpy!

Am a pensioner Bram. Just had a 3.7% increase on pension. Unbelievable.

Cannae wait till em really auld and get even more generous government gifts.😁

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=jdfc;38653641]You'll wait on that, he just learnt how to send a text two months ago, the auld aines can't get used to modern technology.

Bitter bitter man.

Look I'll give you the next few tips😊

BCram
15-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Come onto fehk, where's the photo, I know there is/was a pitch over the other side, need to see this one on the provie

hopefully this time

jdfc
15-09-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm sure that was the Dees training ground, it was probably more level than it looks, sure a few of the older posters will remember it 😳

BCram
15-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Am a pensioner Bram. Just had a 3.7% increase on pension. Unbelievable.

Cannae wait till em really auld and get even more generous government gifts.��

My apologies. I always thought you were just carrying on an age-war against the pensioners. I didn't realise you were speaking out on a matter of principle. I found the pic on your favourite forum for truth, courtesy of Bloomogg.

BCram
15-09-2017, 03:13 PM
i'm sure that was the dees training ground, it was probably more level than it looks, sure a few of the older posters will remember it ��

lol

jdfc
15-09-2017, 03:55 PM
My apologies. I always thought you were just carrying on an age-war against the pensioners. I didn't realise you were speaking out on a matter of principle. I found the pic on your favourite forum for truth, courtesy of Bloomogg.
It is a one man war against the oap, the only similarity he has is the work ethic, he's done his lifetime quota

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Just principles.

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Been suggested to me that it was a forerunner to tannadice for a team called Dundee wanderers.

But can't find any mention of them playing there just clepington park ( tannadice) and st Margaret park??? In lochee.

Not convinced it's an actual official ground but could be it's big enough.

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 04:13 PM
It is a one man war against the oap, the only similarity he has is the work ethic, he's done his lifetime quota

I did 60 years work in a 30 year career posited do 5 year worth in a 40 year career.

jdfc
15-09-2017, 06:33 PM
I did 60 years work in a 30 year career posited do 5 year worth in a 40 year career.

What the fehk is a "posited" if I knew, I'd maybe agree with you

jdfc
15-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Been suggested to me that it was a forerunner to tannadice for a team called Dundee wanderers.

But can't find any mention of them playing there just clepington park ( tannadice) and st Margaret park??? In lochee.

Not convinced it's an actual official ground but could be it's big enough.

Pitch looks like it's a public park, no changing rooms, doesn't look big enough to be anything else, if you look at slope at the bottom of photo, it's like the bottom of the provie now, steps down to the paths, so it was probably quite flat a pitch

Returnofrros
15-09-2017, 07:17 PM
What the fehk is a "posited" if I knew, I'd maybe agree with you

Latin for postie......literal translation.....they who do feck all.

jdfc
15-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Latin for postie......literal translation.....they who do feck all.

Torie's are all the same, everyone does feck all but them