PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Could Notts CCC Miss Out On The Title?

60YearsAPie
15-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Worcestershire’s win over Leicestershire coupled with their recent victory over Notts means that they leapfrog Notts at the top of the table.

Notts remaining games are away to 3rd and 4th placed Northamptonshire and Sus***, both still in with a mathematical chance of promotion.

Worcestershire have one game left, at home against one of the poorer teams, Durham.

The weather could well play it’s part over the remainder of the season. Could Notts end up hoping Durham do them a favour?

Elite_Pie
15-09-2017, 08:41 PM
It will be a bit worrying if Notts lose to Northants next week. Even a draw would guarantee promotion, and a draw with 10 points would be enough to put Notts above Worcs. It's a good weather forecast for next week so hopefully we can do enough to move back to the top. It would be a pity to miss out on the treble after doing the hard part in the one day competitions.

legs77
15-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Do two teams definately go up ? I thought ECB changed it to one up one down unless that is next season

60YearsAPie
15-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Do two teams definately go up ? I thought ECB changed it to one up one down unless that is next season

Last season there were 9 teams in each division. In order to reduce Division 1 to 8 teams and increase Division 2 to 10, two were relegated but only one promoted. This season we are back to two up and two down again.

legs77
15-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Last season there were 9 teams in each division. In order to reduce Division 1 to 8 teams and increase Division 2 to 10, two were relegated but only one promoted. This season we are back to two up and two down again.

Cheers that's better news for Notts then !!

We should go up which even if we come second is a great season for us..... we are really missing Pattinson in the Championship he was destroying teams on his own.

Mapperleypie
16-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Cheers that's better news for Notts then !!

We should go up which even if we come second is a great season for us..... we are really missing Pattinson in the Championship he was destroying teams on his own.

In fairness to the bowling attack they have been consistently good throughout the season even without Pattinson. Recently it has been the batsmen that have failed to get the necessary runs on the board.

forwardmagpie
16-09-2017, 08:39 AM
We are looking for two solid performances, if we lose neither game we are promoted.

Come on Notts

Promotion would cap a fantastic season.

Bohinen
16-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Nothing can take away the two limited overs trophies this seasons but it has to be said, Notts have form for bottling it in the league. That's why they are in the Second Division in the first place. They had Worcester 89-6 in the first innings of that defeat and let them off the hook. Then in the second innings, they could have done better taking just 2 wickets, albeit the target wasn't very challenging. You have to ask whether the bowlers are good enough, especially if they go up to Division One.

In limited overs, it's different. Notts have so many batsmen who can get quick runs and bowlers who can at least slow down the run rate, but that really counts for very little in the 4 day game. Unfortunately, I could see Notts even missing out on promotion, and certainly it would be very easy to blow the title. They have to turn up at Northants.

Oldstripy
16-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Radio Nottm says NCCC need a maximum 20 points from their last two game to be champions.

https://twitter.com/bbcrns

Elite_Pie
16-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Radio Nottm says NCCC need a maximum 20 points from their last two game to be champions.

https://twitter.com/bbcrns

Wrong. The maximum 20 points is to be promoted, not champions.

The_Don_ORiordan
16-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Notts CCC will be promoted this season.

Next season however there are a lot of questions. For me the batting is a real concern. It has been for some time.
We are losing read and Brenda. Having lost Lumb and Smith this year, and Taylor last year.
They are all very good FC players.

On the bowling we have a fair amount of talent and with the addition of even an average spinner we would have enough firepower for div 1.

Broad, Ball, Gurney, Fletcher, Wood, Footitt, Mullaney, Hutton, Patel - unlikely both Ball and Broad would be with England. Never mind any overseas player we bring in.

The batting is looking very poor in comparison.

Patel, Wessels, Mullaney, Hales, Moores, Libby and that's it.

Some serious recruitment required.....

60YearsAPie
19-09-2017, 03:02 PM
After having Northants at 94-6, Notts let it slip a bit by allowing them to add 100 for the last 4 wickets. Still 3 bowling points for Notts and 0 batting points for Northants isn’t a bad start.

Lets see what sort of first innings score Notts can come up with.

sidders
19-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Losing to Worcs was a real body blow and makes winning the title only 50/50. What went wrong there?

Carlton_Pie
19-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Next season however there are a lot of questions. For me the batting is a real concern. It has been for some time.
We are losing read and Brenda. Having lost Lumb and Smith this year, and Taylor last year.
They are all very good FC players.

On the bowling we have a fair amount of talent and with the addition of even an average spinner we would have enough firepower for div 1.

Broad, Ball, Gurney, Fletcher, Wood, Footitt, Mullaney, Hutton, Patel - unlikely both Ball and Broad would be with England. Never mind any overseas player we bring in.

The batting is looking very poor in comparison.

Patel, Wessels, Mullaney, Hales, Moores, Libby and that's it.

Some serious recruitment required.....

Today Notts signed promising all rounder Paul Coughlin from Durham. Very impressed with that signing and we now have real depth in the fast bowling department with 8 bowlers you wouldn't mind starting in County Championship plus a couple of talented youngsters in Milnes and Blatherwick.

Recruiting a wicketkeeer (heard it's Billings) and possibly up to 6 top order batsmen are a priority as not convinced Libby and Mullaney are good enough for Division 1 cricket. Oh and don't forget an overseas player...exciting times at Trent Bridge!

Bohinen
19-09-2017, 05:04 PM

That is by no means guaranteed. We are bottling it again against the only team that can catch us. 80/5 now.

Proudpie
20-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Not a good start to the day
Two early wickets
If/when Notts do get promoted a major overhaul is needed
Some of the batting recently has been terrible.

sidders
20-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Lose to Northants and promotion itself becomes doubtful.

nottsco2002
20-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Northant's appear well in control of this one at present. Notts only likely to get 3 points from this one unless they really pull something out the fire. The last round of fixtures see Northampton playing Leicester who havn't won since god knows when. I just get the feeling the wheels are falling off at the wrong time, maybe the weather can help. Having said that if Nott's do go up they're going to have to significantly improve all round or they'll be straight back down. Might be better they stay in Div 2 until they sort the team out to be more consistent and ruthless in the proper format of the game.

sidders
20-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Northant's appear well in control of this one at present. Notts only likely to get 3 points from this one unless they really pull something out the fire. The last round of fixtures see Northampton playing Leicester who havn't won since god knows when. I just get the feeling the wheels are falling off at the wrong time, maybe the weather can help. Having said that if Nott's do go up they're going to have to significantly improve all round or they'll be straight back down. Might be better they stay in Div 2 until they sort the team out to be more consistent and ruthless in the proper format of the game.

Sorry, but do you have any remote idea of just what an apostrophe does?

nottsco2002
20-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Sorry, but do you have any remote idea of just what an apostrophe does?

There is no need for you to apologise teacher. English was never my strong subject along with the fact many of my English teachers were quite ineffective. Science and Maths well that's a different story. I'll be more careful in future as you're monitoring the situation, don't fancy a detention after all these years.

sidders
20-09-2017, 02:50 PM
There is no need for you to apologise teacher. English was never my strong subject along with the fact many of my English teachers were quite ineffective. Science and Maths well that's a different story. I'll be more careful in future as you're monitoring the situation, don't fancy a detention after all these years.

I'd rather teach you its correct use than detain you. I wasn't rude about your misunderstanding, was I? It just seemed odd that your spelling was so good but your punctuation unsure.
For the record, it either indicates possession (except when its, as in the lion showed its anger) or it indicates a missing letter (as in the i of is). This is clearly not the case with Notts or Northants.
No offence intended.

Proudpie
20-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Pretty shocking effort by Notts
Its last year's relegation form
Promotion in doubt ?

Oldstripy
22-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Notts have lost by 124 runs they must get points from the Sus*** game.

Bridg4d_Pie_
22-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Just received a questionnaire from Trent Bridge asking if I will renew my season tickets for next season as I had not done so this season all different questions to answer which I completed. Interestingly the last box asked if you would like to be entered into the Draw to win an Outlaws Shirt by entering your email address which i did then clicked to submit my form.

I have to say I am not to sure my email address will be submitted when they have read my answers regarding the reasons for not renewing this season, but Hey Ho it always pays to tell the truth.

Promotion this season, well from where I am sitting it appears they are throwing it away.

Bridg4d_Pie_
22-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Pretty shocking effort by Notts
Its last year's relegation form
Promotion in doubt ?

Wot he says, ^^^^^^ Same Old Same Old.

Elite_Pie
26-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Not looking good at all. Notts allow Sus*** to recover from 107/5 to 325/6, another 3 wickets required in the next 22 overs just to take a third bowling point. Meanwhile after a first day washout Northants reduce Leics to 26/7!!!!

Bushwacka
26-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Notts toiling in the field at Hove while Northants are looking to skittle Leics for double figures.
Notts are going to have to score 350+ and grind out a draw by the looks of things.

Bohinen
26-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Notts toiling in the field at Hove while Northants are looking to skittle Leics for double figures.
Notts are going to have to score 350+ and grind out a draw by the looks of things.

Which, going by previous experience in a pressure situation, does not seem likely. At least Moores has been rested by his dad after his pair on T20 finals day and similar capitulation against Northants.

People insisted on this thread that our bowling is good enough, but they can bottle it just as well as the batsmen. Countless times teams have been less than 100 for 5 or 6 and go on to make 300 plus. We have too many average bowlers and not one killer bowler. Don't bother counting Broad as he's never there.

legs77
26-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Looks like we are not going to do it now might not be a bad thing with this squad as it would get hammered in Division One.

Looks to me as though we took our eye off the ball after the cup wins.

Can we get rid of Newell yet ?!

legs77
26-09-2017, 11:14 AM

Can you see this lot scoring more than 250 ?!

Elite_Pie
26-09-2017, 11:52 AM
What a pathetic morning session from Notts, allowing Sus*** to score 159/1 in less than 33 overs, including an unbroken 157 run partnership for the 7th wicket. It doesn't look like the weather will save us, so we need to rack up some batting bonus points and hope Northants don't.

Bridg4d_Pie_
26-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Looks like we are not going to do it now might not be a bad thing with this squad as it would get hammered in Division One.

Looks to me as though we took our eye off the ball after the cup wins.

Can we get rid of Newell yet ?!

Why get rid of Newell, how strange, will we miss out on the title, I would not worry about that currently we look set to miss the promotion boat full stop.

Bridg4d_Pie_
26-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Which, going by previous experience in a pressure situation, does not seem likely. At least Moores has been rested by his dad after his pair on T20 finals day and similar capitulation against Northants.

People insisted on this thread that our bowling is good enough, but they can bottle it just as well as the batsmen. Countless times teams have been less than 100 for 5 or 6 and go on to make 300 plus. We have too many average bowlers and not one killer bowler. Don't bother counting Broad as he's never there.

Our Bowling attack Bo, as you rightly say Broad only shows up when he wears an England shirt, as for a Bowling Attack have we had one since Sidebottom departed = NO.

legs77
26-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Why get rid of Newell, how strange, will we miss out on the title, I would not worry about that currently we look set to miss the promotion boat full stop.

I'd get rid of him as he still has a major say in club signings etc and he has been poor for ages, i'd just give Moores control as he has won titles at two other counties.

Next season I hope to see more youngsters getting games Gurney is terrible and has been for ages in the 4 day game he should have been axed a few games ago but he is one of the favourites who plays no matter what.

Hopefully we have a few decent players lined up for next season too an opener being one.

Proudpie
26-09-2017, 12:22 PM
I'd get rid of him as he still has a major say in club signings etc and he has been poor for ages, i'd just give Moores control as he has won titles at two other counties.

Next season I hope to see more youngsters getting games Gurney is terrible and has been for ages in the 4 day game he should have been axed a few games ago but he is one of the favourites who plays no matter what.

Hopefully we have a few decent players lined up for next season too an opener being one.

Keaton Jennings has signed for Lancashire.

Very poor showing from Notts in the last 3 CC games against modest opposition according to Mr Gurney.

That's why I haven't renewed my membership for the last few years. The one day trophy and T20 wins were great but the CC is my favourite form of the sport. I haven't seen any real improvement for a few years now.

sidders
26-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Notts have missed promotion, period. An absolutely shocking September - just like last year.

LaughingMagpie
26-09-2017, 01:33 PM
With Sus*** on 480 for 7 we are not going to win this. Our only hope is to now bat past 400 and play for the draw but recent results don't give me a lot of confidence

Elite_Pie
26-09-2017, 02:11 PM
With Sus*** on 480 for 7 we are not going to win this. Our only hope is to now bat past 400 and play for the draw but recent results don't give me a lot of confidence

Whatever Sus*** score and whatever Northants do, if Notts can score 400 in 110 overs and avoid defeat then promotion would be secured.

I wouldn't put money on it.

Proudpie
26-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Whatever Sus*** score and whatever Northants do, if Notts can score 400 in 110 overs and avoid defeat then promotion would be secured.

Hope you haven't.

500 plus and Notts now 2/1

Jesus.

seriouspie
26-09-2017, 03:20 PM

I think we've blown it EP. We need to score 366 to save a follow on and have lost the first wicket for only 15 runs.
We've picked up 3 bowling points, but so have Northants. I can't see Northants losing having bowled Leics out cheaply in their first innings and currently only need 40 odd runs to take the lead and without loss. You're right not to bet on this one. Very disappointing to fade away like this - but that's cricket.

Elite_Pie
26-09-2017, 03:23 PM
I think we've blown it EP. We need to score 366 to save a follow on and have lost the first wicket for only 15 runs.
We've picked up 3 bowling points, but so have Northants. I can't see Northants losing having bowled Leics out cheaply in their first innings and currently only need 40 odd runs to take the lead and without loss. You're right not to bet on this one. Very disappointing to fade away like this - but that's cricket.

We only managed 2 bowling points. If we can match Northants for batting points and scrape a draw it will be just enough.

seriouspie
26-09-2017, 03:36 PM
We only managed 2 bowling points. If we can match Northants for batting points and scrape a draw it will be just enough.

Aye ....... I'd forgotton about the 110 overs limit for bonus points.

If we can do as you say.....brilliant, but with our line up in this game, I really give us no chance. Incidentally are you aware Ann Potts died a month ago? Alan still keeping his racing interests and staying in the Isle of Man ......... although when I spoke to Steph last week, she thinks he may struggle being on his own over there.

seriouspie
26-09-2017, 03:39 PM
33 for 2 now ....... it's Domino!!

Elite_Pie
26-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Aye ....... I'd forgotton about the 110 overs limit for bonus points.

If we can do as you say.....brilliant, but with our line up in this game, I really give us no chance. Incidentally are you aware Ann Potts died a month ago? Alan still keeping his racing interests and staying in the Isle of Man ......... although when I spoke to Steph last week, she thinks he may struggle being on his own over there.

Yeah, I read in the racing press that Ann Potts had died, it was well known that she had been ill for some time. At least Sizing John made her final year a memorable one.

Elite_Pie
26-09-2017, 03:54 PM

Make that 55/4. Gutless and pathetic.

Bohinen
55-4. Some of these feckers should never play for Notts again.

Proudpie

54/3

Some of this batting line up just not good enough and need to be released, they are the same players that saw us relegated.

Even the so called top end players haven't delivered.

wait.... 55/4

I'm off to listen to Notts.

Sort it out PM.

forwardmagpie
26-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Come on Samit

LaughingMagpie
26-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Praying for rain in Leicester now

seriouspie
26-09-2017, 04:28 PM
95 -5

metrocab
26-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Come on Samit

Another irresponsible innings by this clown 21 of 14 deliveries doesn't help!

Proudpie
26-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Comfort zone

legs77
26-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Comfort zone

I agree Wessels Gurney have done nothing for a while now.

I think Mullaney needs to bat 6 next season he is a stop gap opener for three years !

We will fall short now that's obvious so we need to rebuild next season and hopefully go back up next year.

Two cups so not all bad but I'm still not happy we have blown this if Patto was here we would have gone up imo

seriouspie
26-09-2017, 05:49 PM
I agree Wessels Gurney have done nothing for a while now.

I think Mullaney needs to bat 6 next season he is a stop gap opener for three years !

We will fall short now that's obvious so we need to rebuild next season and hopefully go back up next year.

Two cups so not all bad but I'm still not happy we have blown this if Patto was here we would have gone up imo

Also no Ball, Hales or the fading Broad.

Talking of Broady, he's done a fantastic job at both Test and County level but genuinely feel he won't do much in Australia. He's still got the ability to move the ball both ways but not so often nowadays. His line and length are now too inconsistent and allows batsmen the chance to 'see' the ball more by letting it pass the stumps too many times. A great career Stuart and thanks .......... but I'd take the risk and give his plane ticket to Oz to Jake Ball.

Bohinen
26-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Northants now in a late bid to bottle it too. No wonder these teams are in Division 2.

Bushwacka
27-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Root and Read to the rescue (for now). Bit clearer now, Northants can only get 20points, meaning a draw for Notts would see them go up. 15 wickets to last 5 sessions on a pitch that seems to be doing very little. Time for a bit of nous and a lot of bottle

forwardmagpie
27-09-2017, 01:17 PM
71 runs needed to avoid the follow on which would make a draw favourite - come on Notts

Bohinen
27-09-2017, 02:28 PM
71 runs needed to avoid the follow on which would make a draw favourite - come on Notts

That's done now, but it also looks like Northants may not win anyway.

Bushwacka
27-09-2017, 02:37 PM

Meanwhile it's raining in Worcester and is forecast for the rest of the day, possibly giving them 3 sessions to beat Durham. Cheeky fiver on Notts to win the league ;)

Carlton_Pie
27-09-2017, 02:37 PM

Good comeback from the Notts middle/late order that has shown some bottle the top order should take take note off

Carlton_Pie
27-09-2017, 02:46 PM
21 year old Number 10 Matt Carter scores his highest first class to help save the follow on.

Number 11 Harry Gurney is also on a career best 28 not out!

LaughingMagpie
27-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Hats off to the middle and lower order. At 65 for 5 we were doomed. Now 400 runs later we have an excellent chance of going up.

Well done in particular to Captain fantastic scoring a century in his last match and under those conditions

Elite_Pie
27-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Meanwhile it's raining in Worcester and is forecast for the rest of the day, possibly giving them 3 sessions to beat Durham. Cheeky fiver on Notts to win the league ;)

That throws up a bit of a tricky question - if Sus*** set Notts a tempting run chase to win the game, do we go for it to win the title or drop anchor and play for a promotion securing draw? Regardless, it's a position I didn't think we'd be in at close of play yesterday. Fantastic effort from the skipper and Root to turn things around, the top 5 should give them their match fee after such a pitiful effort on what is clearly a good batting wicket.

Bohinen
27-09-2017, 03:46 PM

I favour the negative approach. Northants look certain to win now. It's bad light at Hove now anyway ... which is good.

60YearsAPie
27-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Just back from a couple of days in Devon. After a great 3-0 win last night, I get home to find that Notts’ last five wickets have revived our promotion chances. Really pleased that Chris Read grabbed a century in his last match.

Also a word for Harry Gurney; officially the worst batsman in the division, being 205th and bottom in the averages with an average of 2.57 and a total of 18 runs scored all season prior to this game. A fantastic effort to end up 42 not out.

seriouspie
27-09-2017, 04:37 PM
That throws up a bit of a tricky question - if Sus*** set Notts a tempting run chase to win the game, do we go for it to win the title or drop anchor and play for a promotion securing draw? Regardless, it's a position I didn't think we'd be in at close of play yesterday. Fantastic effort from the skipper and Root to turn things around, the top 5 should give them their match fee after such a pitiful effort on what is clearly a good batting wicket.

You're not on your own Elite - I and many cricket lovers would have given Notts no chance at close of play last night. What a final season Ready's had - brilliant.

Glad to see Ballsie has made the trip to Oz but I would have also taken Hales.

The_Don_ORiordan
27-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Awesome stuff from Notts.
Notts
5 draw
5 batting bonus
2 bowling bonus
Total

Northants
16 win
1 batting bonus
3 bowling bonus

Total

Looks comfortable now.

The_Don_ORiordan
27-09-2017, 05:01 PM
That is by no means guaranteed. We are bottling it again against the only team that can catch us. 80/5 now.

Never in doubt mate........

Lucky we have a middle and lower order who don't bottle it.

Major rebuilding job to be done now. Although is suspect Hales might find it a little more difficult to get his England place back after more late night shenanigans.

Mapperleypie
28-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Final Day is going to have a late start which is just what the doctor ordered.

Elite_Pie
28-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Despite Northants winning as expected, I am expecting the captains to shake hands on a draw down at Hove at 16:30, securing promotion for Notts. A fitting finale for Chris Read, one last rescue act which has been a trademark of a brilliant career. He will be hard to to replace next season.

Elite_Pie
28-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Promoted.

sidders
28-09-2017, 03:40 PM
And on another front, Stokes & Hales are out of the Aussies tour for their appalling loutish behaviour in the streets of Bristol. Stokes is said to be 'fragile' and 'devastated'. Ah, the poor love. Looking at the CCTV of the incident, he could have killed the kid he floored.

purelybenjamin
28-09-2017, 03:49 PM
And on another front, Stokes & Hales are out of the Aussies tour for their appalling loutish behaviour in the streets of Bristol. Stokes is said to be 'fragile' and 'devastated'. Ah, the poor love. Looking at the CCTV of the incident, he could have killed the kid he floored.

Looking at the CCTV of the incident, how could Hales' behaviour be described as appalling and loutish?

Hales was also never on the Aussie tour, so would struggle to be out of it. Stokes has also not been kicked out yet. They are on full paid leave pending further enquiries.

There's enough sensationalist/incorrect journalism in the world without you starting too pal.

Wedgie_pie
28-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Despite Northants winning as expected, I am expecting the captains to shake hands on a draw down at Hove at 16:30, securing promotion for Notts. A fitting finale for Chris Read, one last rescue act which has been a trademark of a brilliant career. He will be hard to to replace next season.

Yes spot on EP thanks Mr Read what a way to bow out, two cups and a promotion lets hope there is a double promotion with Notts getting out of this crappy Division 4 this season...

60YearsAPie
28-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Looking at the CCTV of the incident, how could Hales' behaviour be described as appalling and loutish?

Hales was also never on the Aussie tour, so would struggle to be out of it. Stokes has also not been kicked out yet. They are on full paid leave pending further enquiries.

There's enough sensationalist/incorrect journalism in the world without you starting too pal.

How do you mean starting, he's been doing it for years!

sidders
28-09-2017, 05:37 PM
How do you mean starting, he's been doing it for years!

May I ask which of my many articles you are referring to or are you just making it up?

sidders
28-09-2017, 05:39 PM

Yes, I'll give you that Hales is relatively quiet on the Sun video but Stokes needs the book thrown at him. You would defend a thug like him on what grounds?

navypie
28-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Great Notts are promoted .On what happened in Bristol I would give Hales the benefit of the doubt but doesn't look good for Stokes and more footage as emerged of him apparently mimicking a disabled child . Totally unacceptable .

Elite_Pie
28-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Yes, I'll give you that Hales is relatively quiet on the Sun video but Stokes needs the book thrown at him. You would defend a thug like him on what grounds?

At this stage, maybe on the grounds of innocent until proven guilty? Not looking good for Stokes, but this seems a case for the law courts rather than the cricket authorities or internet judges.

Elite_Pie
28-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Great Notts are promoted.

Great, but more of a sense of relief than elation on the promotion. To be honest, Notts are very lucky to be going up - we finished 5 points clear of Northants but they suffered a 5 point deduction due to (I think) slow over rates. Without that deduction they would have been promoted on the basis of more wins. When you look at the squads of Div 2 teams, Notts are head and shoulders above the rest, and promotion should have been the formality it looked for most of the season. At least the weaknesses have been highlighted so hopefully they will be addressed over the winter. Ignoring that and looking glass half full, it's been a brilliant season - winning both one day trophies and a promotion are no mean feat.

60YearsAPie
28-09-2017, 07:06 PM
May I ask which of my many articles you are referring to or are you just making it up?

Of course you may ask, Sid. Purelybenjamin was referring to one of your posts. I now have the unenviable task of going back through your posts to substantiate my comment. I think I’m correct in saying footymad keep the last 500 for each poster. I’m sure though that I won’t have to go back too far to find an example, but as I still have a full-time job I may have to put off this pleasure until the weekend.

navypie
28-09-2017, 07:54 PM
I really hope somebody on here can start a thread about Chris Read , someone who can give him far more justice than me . His last game and digs us out of an hole once again . Legend is used far to much these days but if he isn't I don't know what is.

sidders
28-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Of course you may ask, Sid. Purelybenjamin was referring to one of your posts. I now have the unenviable task of going back through your posts to substantiate my comment. I think I’m correct in saying footymad keep the last 500 for each poster. I’m sure though that I won’t have to go back too far to find an example, but as I still have a full-time job I may have to put off this pleasure until the weekend.

No, 60 years, what I write on here is not journalism - it's commentary. I'm not paid for it and I don't have to substantiate it. Not that I would knowingly tell a lie. If you look back you will see that PurelyBenjamin's remarks were about journalism NOT posts on MAD.
Your post implied I lacked integrity as a journalist so perhaps you could check on my stuff with the Guardian, Sunday Times, Yorkshire Post, the Independent (as a Paper not digital) and the Times Ed. Otherwise, shut the **** up

Bohinen
29-09-2017, 07:27 AM
I don't suppose anyone except the incredibly misguided Graeme Swann ('If Stokes were your son you'd pat him on the head after seeing that video') would defend Stokes, an ugly ginger **** with anger issues, but I suppose there's a natural reaction to defend Hales, given that he plays for Notts (when he turns up).

I know nothing except what I have seen on video and read in the papers but ...

Stokes and Hales must return to Bristol in the next seven days to be interviewed by Avon and Somerset Police under caution. Sources had initially depicted Hales as a peacemaker, but the video appears to show him kicking another man, who appears to be armed with a bottle but is lying by the kerb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-4930976/Ben-Stokes-set-miss-Ashes-England-suspension.html

The_Don_ORiordan
29-09-2017, 08:23 AM

What surprised me most is that he didn't create his own thread for it......

The_Don_ORiordan
29-09-2017, 09:06 AM
And Swann is a complete idiot. Always has been. He's the guy who thinks it's ok to drink and drive. And when the cops try to pull him over he speeds up to try and out run them.

His morall judgement is highly questionable.

What if the guy getting whacked was his kid? How would he feel then?

Elite_Pie
05-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Another victory to round off the season. Well done Samit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41505228

Observerpie
08-10-2017, 08:09 AM
I don't suppose anyone except the incredibly misguided Graeme Swann ('If Stokes were your son you'd pat him on the head after seeing that video') would defend Stokes, an ugly ginger **** with anger issues, but I suppose there's a natural reaction to defend Hales, given that he plays for Notts (when he turns up).

I know nothing except what I have seen on video and read in the papers but ...

Stokes and Hales must return to Bristol in the next seven days to be interviewed by Avon and Somerset Police under caution. Sources had initially depicted Hales as a peacemaker, but the video appears to show him kicking another man, who appears to be armed with a bottle but is lying by the kerb.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-4930976/Ben-Stokes-set-miss-Ashes-England-suspension.html

This.

forwardmagpie
08-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Another victory to round off the season. Well done Samit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41505228

Agreed