PDA

View Full Version : 1 up front again

offshore_arab83
16-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Fantastic

Thank f uck i never went today

Arabs4ever
16-09-2017, 02:23 PM
We're still in it though. We're beginning to gel and shortly we'll be bang at it. :P

deebuster
16-09-2017, 02:24 PM
And Toshney at RB......looks like a 2's up to the fans.

I wont be expecting us to win 6-0 today

Quinn off ----> Edge on

Arabs4ever
16-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Chick Young saying it is mince. One chance by Fyvie in the half so far. Do managers realise you need to score goals to win games?

the_arab
16-09-2017, 02:59 PM
joint second lowest scorers in the league......... great stuff

deebuster
16-09-2017, 03:14 PM
60 mins.......might get a sub warming up now as per the Largs Manual.

USArab
16-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Chick Young saying it is mince. One chance by Fyvie in the half so far. Do managers realise you need to score goals to win games?

Chic Young is mince! He hates United, you'll seldom get him saying anything positive about them.

bobafett
16-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Really don't understand everyone's obsession with this. Most of the best teams in world football play with 1 up front. The problem is not the formation. We're not getting enough from our central midfield and creative players. I'm not sure they know what the plan is, to be honest. If there is one....

CarlisleArab
16-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Can't believe I travelled to watch that sh1te. What a waste of £20 + petrol money. The players don't appear to have a clue. No idea what McKinnon is doing to this team, but I think golf course beckons until he's away

PortugueseFrank
16-09-2017, 03:59 PM
I’m not doing away games after today.

Not worth it.

We’re all in the motor asking ourselves why we bothered today.

bawbagg
16-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Really don't understand everyone's obsession with this. Most of the best teams in world football play with 1 up front. The problem is not the formation. We're not getting enough from our central midfield and creative players. I'm not sure they know what the plan is, to be honest. If there is one....the problem is our '1' is scott mcdonald, whos verging on dwarfism. nothing sticks up top, and when it does the attacking players are never close enough to him

Whitfieldarab
16-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Really don't understand everyone's obsession with this. Most of the best teams in world football play with 1 up front. The problem is not the formation. We're not getting enough from our central midfield and creative players. I'm not sure they know what the plan is, to be honest. If there is one....

Agree.

1,2 or 3 up front. We'd still be sh#te

shedka
16-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Most expected us to lose, kept our first cleansheet on Falkirks plastic for awhile, didn't leave with nothing

Not lost ground on the top either

Now have to beat a decent Morton side next week

ballumbie_arab
16-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Agree.

1,2 or 3 up front. We'd still be sh#te

We've got our clueless manager to thank for that, but all is ok according to Ray and his happy-clapper followers...

Another good win for Morton, and Dunfermline continuing to win strong and score goals.....both of these teams will fancy their chances over the next two weeks, and I'd bet my house their manager's won't be setting their teams up in a defensive way, or starting the game tentatively.....they be telling them to get stuck right into us from the off....

ballumbie_arab
16-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Most expected us to lose, kept our first cleansheet on Falkirks plastic for awhile, didn't leave with nothing

Clap, clap, clap.....

CarlisleArab
16-09-2017, 04:21 PM

I've just realised the answer. Don't go to the game & then you can find loads of positives ala Shedka.

shedka
16-09-2017, 04:46 PM
If you want to be a childish eediot Carlisle, then ive more than likely been to more United games than you have over the last twenty five years

Jedi u-Knighted
16-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Had a lovely afternoon with the family at the Olympic, came out to be somewhat surprised to see we hadn't lost and kept a clean sheet.

Then looked at the BBC stats and discovered we managed a mighty 6 shots at goal and NONE on target..., NONE.!!

My heart goes out to the hardy bunch who travelled today.. 🍻

CarlisleArab
16-09-2017, 04:53 PM
If you want to be a childish eediot Carlisle, then ive more than likely been to more United games than you have over the last twenty five years

I've no idea whether you have or not (but I'm pretty sure I will have been to more away games), but if you can't see that this is one of the worst Utd teams in the last 40 odd years (due probably to the managers ineptitude) then I can only think that you are easily pleased & must have an extremely high pain threshold.

shedka
16-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Sounded like a poor game where both teams best chance were headers onto the bar

borderarab
16-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Phucking brutal, if we persist with the current manager we are staring at another season in this division, did we actually hit the target today?

arab81
16-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Closest we got was McDonald shaved the crossbar. So no we officially didn't have a shot on target, scandalous. Ray GTF

ahlltanyirhide
16-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Closest we got was McDonald shaved the crossbar. So no we officially didn't have a shot on target, scandalous. Ray GTF

Did you miss the 'shot' that hit the post square on?

ahlltanyirhide
16-09-2017, 05:47 PM
And Toshney at RB......looks like a 2's up to the fans.

I wont be expecting us to win 6-0 today

Quinn off ----> Edge on

My mate thought we were going for it and bring N'koi on lol

Chick A Saw
16-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Did you miss the 'shot' that hit the post square on?

From McMullan was a cross!

Chick A Saw
16-09-2017, 05:56 PM
I thought there was some positive bits to be taken out the first half! Sadly there was too much of the same old, same old that its disappeared into the turgid fog that goes with "supporting" United at the minute!

Next week they have another chance, but i could do with nice relaxing weekends instead of this!

tHeArAb
16-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Jesus christ. How the **** can anyone STILL be backing this clown? Not a single shot on target against the team who were joint bottom of the league at the start of the day. Honestly Shedka? Ur happy because we avoided defeat?

duke_the_arab
16-09-2017, 06:19 PM

We were still schite . We just look so pedestrian when we have the ball. Just how many shots at goal did we have today? Always try for that extra pass sideways. Falkirk a team low in confidence without a win this season and we just sat off them. Should have been right at them from the start. Boring , Boring, Boring.
Thank phuck I'm in the Hospitality next Saturday. 🍺🍺🍺

tHeArAb
16-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Just how many shots at goal did we have today?
0 (zero).

shedka
16-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Jesus christ. How the **** can anyone STILL be backing this clown? Not a single shot on target against the team who were joint bottom of the league at the start of the day. Honestly Shedka? Ur happy because we avoided defeat?

Case in point... An absolute clown of a post, not one post from me has said or mentioned being happy.... Just the usual shyt thick post you get where people make things up

Anyway, I actually think many unrealistically on here were too quick to say we were stronger than last season, not for me so far, overall we had better players last season (certainly up until January when we had a poor window)

Will be a tight league all the way and I don't look at us as favourites to finish top, new manager or not

ahlltanyirhide
16-09-2017, 08:05 PM
From McMullan was a cross!

And Gallaghers was?

Chick A Saw
16-09-2017, 08:17 PM
And Gallaghers was?

How can you compare todays events to anything that happened against europes best! And Kevin meant it!

tHeArAb
16-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Case in point... An absolute clown of a post, not one post from me has said or mentioned being happy.... Just the usual shyt thick post you get where people make things up

Anyway, I actually think many unrealistically on here were too quick to say we were stronger than last season, not for me so far, overall we had better players last season (certainly up until January when we had a poor window)

Will be a tight league all the way and I don't look at us as favourites to finish top, new manager or not
So ur categorically NOT happy with todays performance and result then. Is that what ur saying?

Eamons_lost_wig_04
16-09-2017, 10:24 PM
So ur categorically NOT happy with todays performance and result then. Is that what ur saying?

simples...RM cant seem to get the players performing to their capabilities imo

why?in simple terms he cant get his message over for them to understand OR his message is understood but the players dont buy into it,OR he doesnt have a clue how to set up these players as a functioning team as his message is flawed hence they dont respect him or his decisons?

any which way you look at it there is not any positives moving forward as i cannot see any deficiencies improving.

I never wanted Ray as too raw and unproven even at this level.We needed a manager who could stabilise us and had the nous to also build for the next season if we didn't get up at the first attempt which was always more likely and sadly came to pass.

On top of all this we have the obvious "style" of play...if any?What is Rays vision on how we should play,compete but also express...i cant even see something as basic as a high tempo closing down even at home...what is the game plan??

imo he like Mixu b4 him is lost and out his depth,CLICHE paradise both of them...our club most certainly needs a manager in who has experience and that goes as far back as Jackie...why it hasnt happened is something the majority will agree on..ST! A total incompetent who is now in hiding due to being found wanting once everything CL etc had put into place eventually WAS SOLD OFF asap under another two facer Jackie.

Two separate issues folk may say but imo both go hand in hand and until the head honcho is removed/or scarpers with "the money he is due" we will continue to stutter,stagger or eventually fall into oblivion!!

Apart from that sadly i predict a humping next week,as i feel we were lucky to get a draw today,you need to go out and believe you can win b4 it actually happens!

There seems to be no plan A or B never mind C and that is both on and off the pitch...our club is now laughed at and sadly imo quite rightly so.....what a fall!!

"Here endeth the lesson" or should i say build up of bile from watching the events of the past 3 seasons due to total greed and incompetence.Could be worse i suppose i could have supported the funny team then i wouldnt have had all the good times....and all in colour i may add!

DUFCalways

shedboy71
16-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Brutal

end of

JelloBiafra
16-09-2017, 10:44 PM
5 goals in 6 games. Yep I am a thicko and an idiot because I am very unhappy with this ****e and will not travel again other than Livingston and Brechin for the interest factor till the incumbent manager is gone. Travelling support is beginning to fall off dramatically barely 900 at Falkirk...

SmedDUm
16-09-2017, 10:54 PM
So wish we'd lost today.
Can't get a full moan.
**** off Mckinnon with your ****ty draw away from home v the 2nd favs for the league.

shedboy71
16-09-2017, 11:01 PM
So wish we'd lost today.
Can't get a full moan.
**** off Mckinnon with your ****ty draw away from home v the 2nd favs for the league.

you there smeds? no i wish we had won and reckon most if not all say the same. I also wish we started to play football. 2 points from last 9 and no reaction from team after 3-0 defeat and 1-1 draw. Thats what i saw.

Eamons_lost_wig_04
16-09-2017, 11:46 PM
So wish we'd lost today.
Can't get a full moan.

sarcasm is the sign of....?? only kidding Smedum but proof of the great divide between our great support as well as every other aspect concerning our club....just remember the saying "divide and conquer"....i respect all opinions but at some point the majority have to be pulling in the same direction or we are bantha fodder!

until then we will continue to be totally rudderless with no plan to avoid the inevitable iceberg of admin!

i havent posted for ages as like many iv come to accept this guff and i have other commitments,it hurts that i dont really expect any better..still breaks the old heart though that some spoiled lad with half a brain cell can throw our club down the ****hole!!

PortugueseFrank
17-09-2017, 12:26 AM
So wish we'd lost today.
Can't get a full moan.

Smeds, what is our style like to you?

Were you entertained for your money at Falkirk?

Or should I say Forfar, considering the fact you went there instead?

DerryJungle
17-09-2017, 06:12 AM
So wish we'd lost today.
Can't get a full moan.

2nd bottom of the league*

shedboy71
17-09-2017, 07:13 AM
So wish we'd lost today.
Can't get a full moan.

Morning Smeds

Lots of comments and again there is the two sides of the spectrum that us arabs always seem to have to align with. Some comments both sides seem to have got personal.

So ok I accept we got a draw yesterday and yeah if mcmullans cross hadnt hit crossbar we could have won. Also accept its early in season and that the display wasnt as bad as some of last seasons away games. I also accept you are one hell of a positive poster and if we all just came on here moaning (like me :) ) it would be a depressing place.

Wasnt the 6-0 defeat you so craved though XD

SR

deebuster
17-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Supposedly the purpose of the game is to score goals no to 'avoid defeat'.....otherwise we would be as well watching Kabaddi !

Levein got the tin tack from the Scotland job because of 4-6-0......he lost the fans and he was gone.

Having players that wont or cant play the system you allegedly train for during the week, means its bye bye Ray!

SmedDUm
17-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Sorry for the cheap sarcasm. It was a gallon of lager post :(

Ian Roache in the Courier has us playing like PSG, his report is very positive. Definite improvement on the Dumbarton game he says.
In response to the thread title he claims we had TWO upfront, McMullan being the other but I guess that can be questioned in play.
In response to another post he says N'Koyi had a hammy & there was compassionate leave as well over a family bereavement.

Bring on the Morton I guess....

SmedDUm
17-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Smeds, what is our style like to you?

Were you entertained for your money at Falkirk?

Or should I say Forfar, considering the fact you went there instead?

Ok smartie, how many bridies did I have? :)
Poorest I've seen Forfar for a while.
Guess what the fans were doing at the end of the game?

huntedbyafreak
17-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Ok smartie, how many bridies did I have? :)
Poorest I've seen Forfar for a while.
Guess what the fans were doing at the end of the game?

Normally an away draw at Falkirk isn't too bad but on the back of 2 terrible performances I can understand why people are fed up of Ray. Next 2 games are huge. I reckon he needs at least 4 points or the fans will really get on his back

huntedbyafreak
17-09-2017, 08:58 AM
But I think he's probably lost a significant amount of the support anyway. Folk are fed up of watching the dross being served up week on week.

Whitfieldarab
17-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Normally an away draw at Falkirk isn't too bad but on the back of 2 terrible performances I can understand why people are fed up of Ray. Next 2 games are huge. I reckon he needs at least 4 points or the fans will really get on his back

We dont win at home on Saturday I think he's away. Patience is wearing thin and the fans just won't put up with it anymore. I was willing to be patient and give him a chance but the level of performance and his excuses are becoming predictable.

We as fans in the stands need to back the team though. It's been affy quiet this season.

huntedbyafreak
17-09-2017, 10:23 AM
We dont win at home on Saturday I think he's away. Patience is wearing thin and the fans just won't put up with it anymore. I was willing to be patient and give him a chance but the level of performance and his excuses are becoming predictable.

We as fans in the stands need to back the team though. It's been affy quiet this season.

Agree with this

shedboy71
17-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the cheap sarcasm. It was a gallon of lager post :(

Ian Roache in the Courier has us playing like PSG, his report is very positive. Definite improvement on the Dumbarton game he says.
In response to the thread title he claims we had TWO upfront, McMullan being the other but I guess that can be questioned in play.
In response to another post he says N'Koyi had a hammy & there was compassionate leave as well over a family bereavement.

Bring on the Morton I guess....

Shedrule we are all arabs wanting us up afterall! Thanks for info on NKoyi thought it might be that hope he isnt always injured!!

shedboy71
17-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Agree with this

Think he has two more games.

Eamons_lost_wig_04
17-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Supposedly the purpose of the game is to score goals no to 'avoid defeat'.....otherwise we would be as well watching Kabaddi !

Levein got the tin tack from the Scotland job because of 4-6-0......he lost the fans and he was gone.

Having players that wont or cant play the system you allegedly train for during the week, means its bye bye Ray!

...........said it in my long rant,pretty obvious they aint buying in and its more like selling!sorry but he has to go win on sat or not this guy is clueless.

seenitab4
17-09-2017, 01:32 PM
How many folks think he will actually get the sack b4 Christmas regardless of prior results? Nae danger is my guess

offshore_arab83
17-09-2017, 04:39 PM
You can never tell with ST, money will be a massive factor. Got to weigh up the risk of staying down another year vs paying him off and getting a manger who will take us up

tHeArAb
17-09-2017, 05:14 PM

It was 2 up front according to the manager as well.

ahlltanyirhide
19-09-2017, 12:10 PM
You can never tell with ST, money will be a massive factor. Got to weigh up the risk of staying down another year vs paying him off and getting a manger who will take us up

Have to factor in that ST may also want to consider bringing someone else in to help McKinnon out, but doing this or paying him off has to be a no brainer, as staying down another season makes his shares worthless

TerryTheTerror
19-09-2017, 12:35 PM
...as staying down another season makes his shares worthless

It baffles me why folk think this is the case. :?

SmedDUm
19-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Have to factor in that ST may also want to consider bringing someone else in to help McKinnon out, but doing this or paying him off has to be a no brainer, as staying down another season makes his shares worthless

Maybe if Ray was to say to Christian Dailly, 'What would you do?'.
He's not here that much tho, is he?
Just someone to deliver a different perspective.
Where's the guru within our midst?

ahlltanyirhide
19-09-2017, 06:28 PM
It baffles me why folk think this is the case. :?

Ok, perhaps not worthless but worth significantly less IMO

An old shed boy
19-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Maybe if Ray was to say to Christian Dailly, 'What would you do?'.
He's not here that much tho, is he?
Just someone to deliver a different perspective.
Where's the guru within our midst?

Why would Mackinnon even consider that.
It's evident from his interviews that fault lies with the supporters and with the players.
Let's hope his unswerving belief in his own ability is justified.

TerryTheTerror
19-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Ok, perhaps not worthless but worth significantly less IMO

Sadly your opinion doesn't matter when it comes to the share price of DUFC. The opinion of those that currently own them is the only factor. I understand why folk would think they'd be worth less but it simply doesn't work like that for a privately owned company like DUFC.