PDA

View Full Version : Ratings v Crawley

tarquinbeech
16-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Yet another 3 points in the bag against a mediocre Crawley team. KN has Notts playing no-nonsense football, solid at the back, make no major errors and nick the odd goal to win matches....it's working.

Collin - 7. Only one major error as he miskicked a backpass 50 feet into the air which fell to the onrushing winger....the rest of his kicking was as normal....high, hard and long.

Toots - 7.5. Similar to Jones, loves to try to get forward...links up well with Grant.

Duffy - 6.5. Not totally convincing today. One huge error dribbling a ball out of defense under no pressure and took his eye off the ball. No damage done as Crawley rarely offered any substantial threat. Falls over a lot I'm starting to notice. On another occasion, he was so busy shouting and pointing at other defenders as a Crawley striker ran at him, he ended up getting turned both ways by the striker who got a cross-shot into our box.

Brisley - 7.5 Yet another solid display. Took a ball full in the face from a half-hit Crawley shot, made my eyes water

Jones - 8 Yet again my MOM. Loves bombing forward. Takes most of the free kicks. Solid at the back. Great engine

Grant - 7. Apart from the goal gifted to him by Forte, not a huge game by his standards. Cool and calm on the ball but little impact today. Is he a natural winger or might be better behind the front two?

Yates - 7.5. This lad is starting to become a cult figure. Rock-hard, bone crunching tackles. He frightens me even watching from here. My only concern is if he mistimes one and gets a red card...or worse, an injury. Vinny Jones's love-child?

Milsom - 7.5 Difficult to mark this guy. He never seems to make an error and he's always doing the simple things well. A tidier, slightly more skillful version of Yates

Aless - 7.5. What it says on the bottle. Speedy nippy winger always looking for the ball. Good partner to Jones when they both go hunting down the wing.

Stead - 6.5. Sorry, I'm still not impressed. Sure he gets a few of the up-n-unders under control but I feel he should be getting more. Maybe it's me.

Forte - 7.75 If only we'd feed a few more goals to his feet, he's a 15 goal striker. The goal he set up for Grant is an example. Half a yard of space, sprints clear of the defender the same as last week, draws the keeper and slides it across to Grant. Deserves to start every week IMO.

Subs - Hewitt - 7. No errors, filled in nicely once Brisley went off

Hawk - 7 Nippy, busy, no error

Smith - Not enough time to have an impact. Nice ponytail/man bun

navypie
16-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Just seen the goal mate , not sure about the goal Forte " set up for Grant " , look more like a scerwive shot to me but I will take it ,

Elite_Pie
16-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Just seen the goal mate , not sure about the goal Forte " set up for Grant " , look more like a scerwive shot to me but I will take it ,

That's what I thought - more of a snatched shot than an unselfish assist! Who gives a ****, 3 points are what matters.

ps I don't think 'scerwive' is a word, but it should be!

navypie
16-09-2017, 08:09 PM
That's what I thought - more of a snatched shot than an unselfish assist! Who gives a ****, 3 points are what matters.

ps I don't think 'scerwive' is a word, but it should be!

How did I know you would pick up on that ! Over time people use slang and eventually some words find a way into the English Dictionary , maybe scerwive will one day and if it does maybe I can take the credit :D

tarquinbeech
16-09-2017, 11:35 PM

I must admit that when I was typing up the Match Ratings, I wasn't sure if Forte's attempt was a shot or a pass....I'd only seen it the one time....now I'm even more confused.

Still, 3 points in the bag is worth more than a bucket-load -of-beer-in-the-bush

ps no idea what that means.....but it made sense at the time of typing

kill_the_drum
17-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Forte was without doubt shooting. He never looked up and put his foot through it.

ancientpie
17-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Forte was without doubt shooting. He never looked up and put his foot through it.

I agree but if Forte hadn't have shot Grant wouldn't have scored so it still goes down as an "assist" in my book.