PDA

View Full Version : Adverts - impossible to use the forum?

Jezleeds
16-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Is anyone else getting these video adverts that basically make it impossible to use the forum - the page keeps moving up and down and the ads just repeat over and over even if you click the cross.

If anyone knows how to actually get rid of them please can you let me know?

Or is it just me?!

Turfmoorspirit
16-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Is anyone else getting these video adverts that basically make it impossible to use the forum - the page keeps moving up and down and the ads just repeat over and over even if you click the cross.

Or is it just me?! *******..

BelfastAndy
16-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Install '*******' bud

alfinyalcabo
16-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Install A D B L O CK

CalverleyBoy
16-09-2017, 09:25 PM
Last time I go to Mcarthur Glen - most annoying tune ever and who ever wrote the code for the pop up needs sacking

Jezleeds
17-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Cheers lads.

t_bird7982
18-09-2017, 04:22 AM

Or is it just me?!

Are you sure they're not **** adverts as Google keeps track of what you've been surfing & flashes adverts on what you've been searching for?? XD XD

Jezleeds
18-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Are you sure they're not **** adverts as Google keeps track of what you've been surfing & flashes adverts on what you've been searching for?? XD XD

Lol well only if Macarthur Glen nows sells ****?

You should check out that video advert - gotta be the most annoying song ever made - if i'd ever been to Macarthur Glen i would now make sure i never, ever went there again, just because of the ad.

t_bird7982
18-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Lol well only if Macarthur Glen nows sells ****?

You should check out that video advert - gotta be the most annoying song ever made - if i'd ever been to Macarthur Glen i would now make sure i never, ever went there again, just because of the ad.

We don't have MacArthur Glen on this side of the world but I did Google it......do they sell fashion and is it the one with a woman shrieking like a constipated cat? Yes, definitely annoying as f00k :O

Jezleeds
18-09-2017, 02:48 PM
We don't have MacArthur Glen on this side of the world but I did Google it......do they sell fashion and is it the one with a woman shrieking like a constipated cat? Yes, definitely annoying as f00k :O

Yup :mad:

WTF11
18-09-2017, 03:09 PM

Or is it just me?!

If you mean you're trying to use the site on a laptop/PC, then try using Opera as your browser, much less likely to be "infected" with the push notifications and other adware you don't need. Its free, fast and secure, something you can't say about IE, Chrome or even Firefox nowadays.

As for using on a mobile, sorry, stuck with Android and nothing seems to stop the adware.

BenidormBlanco
18-09-2017, 03:55 PM
on my PC WTF11 keeps popping up f*ckin annoying it is too!

Orgoner
18-09-2017, 03:59 PM
on my PC WTF11 keeps popping up f*ckin annoying it is too!

You need to get ModeratorBlock installed....

WTF11
18-09-2017, 04:28 PM
You need to get ModeratorBlock installed....

Nothing is a defence against WTF11😉

CalverleyBoy
18-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Same damned adverts just been on tele

Jezleeds
18-09-2017, 08:44 PM
The software recommended is working for me now and i'm vid ad free and no longer troubled by Macarthur Glen.

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

I sense a spirit of togetherness occurring in this thread over our mutual hatred of site ads and our common need for ad blocking - if only we all had something else in common that could keep us 'united' eh? :rolleyes:

Billyni
18-09-2017, 09:21 PM
The software recommended is working for me now and i'm vid ad free and no longer troubled by Macarthur Glen.

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

I sense a spirit of togetherness occurring in this thread over our mutual hatred of site ads and our common need for ad blocking - if only we all had something else in common that could keep us 'united' eh? :rolleyes:

Thats all well and good at the minute, but wait untill you come up against an ad that actually knows what it doing. Maybe by British/Irish design, it could easily destroy your current blocker and leave you with a dissappointed performance. B)

whitestomper45
18-09-2017, 09:32 PM
If you mean you're trying to use the site on a laptop/PC, then try using Opera as your browser, much less likely to be "infected" with the push notifications and other adware you don't need. Its free, fast and secure, something you can't say about IE, Chrome or even Firefox nowadays.

As for using on a mobile, sorry, stuck with Android and nothing seems to stop the adware.

On Mobiles use the A D B L O C K browser made by the same folk who block ads on laptops, free to download...it works brill on my android phone, otherwise this site is impossible on mobile

Just download and use it instead of google/chrome etc for browsing this site

BelfastAndy
18-09-2017, 09:41 PM
True