PDA

View Full Version : A really good point !!!!!!!!!!

ianharab
17-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Honestly , against a team second bottom , confidence shot , not a single attempt on target and he is thinks it's a really good point ???? , if he genuinely thinks that then we are ****ed .

Yes we are two points off top but that says more about the standard in this league because we are ****ing awful , clueless and leaderless from top to bottom

arab81
17-09-2017, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't expect him to say anything else :(

darrenshedtastic
17-09-2017, 11:05 AM
the weird thing about it is if you asked fans at the start of the season you would draw the first game at falkirk 0-0 i reckon most would take it. however with the start they have had this should have been a great chance for us to boost our confidence while making one of "title rivals" bad start continue, instead we allowed them to gain a point which will be more of a positive to them and allow them to gain abit of confidence.

i can see where hes coming from. its the example of drawing 0-0 away at aberdeen or something if in prem. drawing away from home against a team who are meant to be around about you in the league.

not defending him but i can see what he means. surely he needs to see that we need alot more from everyone including himself

SmedDUm
17-09-2017, 11:09 AM
I'd say it was a good point rather than a really good point.
A shut out on the astro's no bad.
We've only conceded 5 goals, 3 of them at St Mirren so otherwise 2 goals in 5 games.
So can we say the defence is doing ok?
Issue at the other end tho, we've only scored 5 goals in 6 games & is it only 3 from open play?
Lacking a cutting edge but maybe once we get a bit of confidence upfront we'll start to fire & I think N'Koyi might have a hand in that. Plus Keatings with set pieces too.

ianharab
17-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Not even a no bad point , the chance was there to dent there confidence further , is that how poor we have become that fans think performances and results like that are acceptable ?????

darrenshedtastic
17-09-2017, 11:50 AM
its a decent point away but if we were any better then we would have won the game easily, they were there for the taken. they'd probably say the same about us.

the worrying thing i noticed was the lack of options from the bench. there was only 1 sub only ever gonna come on if were needing to change the game and that was keatings. the rest were defenders or DM's.

where was fraser, Nkoyi, matty smith or Piggot? someone attack minded??? id rather throw a 16yr old winger/striker on the bench than have a bench full of defensive centre mids. no options up top.

TangerineDream
17-09-2017, 12:03 PM
I suppose normally an away draw at Falkirk would almost, just about, be ok...............however on the back of all these poor performances, this insistance on playing 1 up, the team selections/tactics, poor player performances and the utter s.hite disaster of the last 3 years, folk have a low tolerance now and rightly so.

I am afraid Ray is on very thin ice, next couple of games are critical. I wanted Ray to do well here, and still do, but it is looking increasingly unlikely. Hope all Arabs can get right behind the team against Morton , we play well and achieve an excellent result. Every week is becoming more important and critical for our club, so get the feking finger oot lads .

DerryJungle
17-09-2017, 12:08 PM
See if it was a 0-0 in a game full of chances, with end to end football where the Falkirk keeper comes away with the Man of the Match award after a string of great saves. I'd be totally fine with it. In a vacuum, a point away to Falkirk isn't a terrible point. But compound it with numerous awful displays against part time teams at home, not just this season, but for the past 15 months, then that's where I feel it's completely unacceptable, and more than worthy of earning the manager his P45.

The standard of football last season was dreadful and left me feeling like Tannadice was the last place in the world I'd want to be in a Saturday afternoon, but in the end, I was more than happy to allow Ray the summer to rebuild and create a side that would rectify our deficiencies of last season and most importantly entertain the fans once again. The signings on the whole were exciting, the lack of a physical presence concerned me slightly, but I felt the individual quality of the players brought in would shine through, and we'd have too much for any other team in the division. Yet it's taken all but a handful of games to make absolutely clear that nothing's changed with Raymond, he's still the same cautious manager who plays one up front at home against Brechin and Dumbarton and who's main focus is to not get beat, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that approach has changed this season. At any level, that's completely unacceptable for a manager at a club of Dundee United's standing, for the manager of a first division Dundee United it's enough to get lynched.

In my mind, Ray has one more game to save his job, he must set out to steamroll Morton at home on Saturday, if he doesn't, the support will turn on him big style, there will be open rebellion in the East Stand at 16:45.

shedka
17-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Is Matty Smith still injured? Thought he looked decent and would have had him in and around the side if fit

It's a decent point nothing more or less, however if we were playing well with confidence then its a game in the circumstances we should be winning

Still not doing enough in the forward areas, however it does seem a bit crazy to be talking of sacking a manager who is 15 games and 6 months unbeaten at home just now (10 wins) and was 16 unbeaten at home before that (12 wins), so 1 defeat in 32 home games with 22 being wins

RAM1971
17-09-2017, 01:01 PM
In normal circumstances a draw at Falkirk would be viewed as okay. However, the manner in which it was achieved did nothing to lift the spirit and hopes of the supporters. The much needed improvement in performance still eludes us. Our lack of fire power up front, described by Ray in today's Sunday Post as...'the only slight negative,' will cost us a play off place, never mind promotion, unless there is a marked improvement, which no one sees on the horizon. After 6 games, Dunfermline are 12 goals better off than us (goal difference). That is two goals per game!! Okay, okay, things can change quickly in football.........unless it's at Tannadice!

Eamons_lost_wig_04
17-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Is Matty Smith still injured? Thought he looked decent and would have had him in and around the side if fit

It's a decent point nothing more or less, however if we were playing well with confidence then its a game in the circumstances we should be winning

Still not doing enough in the forward areas, however it does seem a bit crazy to be talking of sacking a manager who is 15 games and 6 months unbeaten at home just now (10 wins) and was 16 unbeaten at home before that (12 wins), so 1 defeat in 32 home games with 22 being wins

yip great spin!

in the championship,with prob the biggest budget and then remember what is being viewed on the pitch weekly without any improvement?

big word IF....it covers many failings or presents said blinkers to the anointed !

shedboy71
17-09-2017, 01:28 PM
We played 2 up front but that totally ruined player playing in correct positions stanton and mcmullan not as effective as a result. In all honesty i wouldnt say anyone was pure gash its just we havent gelled yet ;D or they dinnae understand where or why they are playing certain positions. Morton next and Quintongo back from injury and on fire apparently. Need to win this one.

ballumbie_arab
17-09-2017, 03:35 PM
See if it was a 0-0 in a game full of chances, with end to end football where the Falkirk keeper comes away with the Man of the Match award after a string of great saves. I'd be totally fine with it. In a vacuum, a point away to Falkirk isn't a terrible point. But compound it with numerous awful displays against part time teams at home, not just this season, but for the past 15 months, then that's where I feel it's completely unacceptable, and more than worthy of earning the manager his P45.

The standard of football last season was dreadful and left me feeling like Tannadice was the last place in the world I'd want to be in a Saturday afternoon, but in the end, I was more than happy to allow Ray the summer to rebuild and create a side that would rectify our deficiencies of last season and most importantly entertain the fans once again. The signings on the whole were exciting, the lack of a physical presence concerned me slightly, but I felt the individual quality of the players brought in would shine through, and we'd have too much for any other team in the division. Yet it's taken all but a handful of games to make absolutely clear that nothing's changed with Raymond, he's still the same cautious manager who plays one up front at home against Brechin and Dumbarton and who's main focus is to not get beat, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest that approach has changed this season. At any level, that's completely unacceptable for a manager at a club of Dundee United's standing, for the manager of a first division Dundee United it's enough to get lynched.

In my mind, Ray has one more game to save his job, he must set out to steamroll Morton at home on Saturday, if he doesn't, the support will turn on him big style, there will be open rebellion in the East Stand at 16:45.

Excellent post, and agree 100%

offshore_arab83
17-09-2017, 03:53 PM
It is a really good point for us

Cos we are f ucking ****e and our manager doesn't have a clue!!!

Chick A Saw
17-09-2017, 09:33 PM
I could accept it as a good point if Falkirk tried to destroy us as they twice did last season! But this was a team that was there for the taking, and we didnt have the firepower to put them to the sword!

As a comparison, i think we played as bad yesterday as we did in the 3-0 game there last season, but Falkirk have thankfully fallen just enough to be worse than us.

shedboy71
17-09-2017, 09:36 PM
It is a really good point for us

Cos we are f ucking ****e and our manager doesn't have a clue!!!

COntext and perspective thats 100% true

Charlie arab
18-09-2017, 06:17 AM
If we win the league by 1 point we can look back and say it was a good point but at the moment it's not likely. The football this season makes your eyes bleed. Sat is a massive game for Ray, he has very few friends in the support now.

arab81
18-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Wondered how long it would take before our "great" home form got threw in to defend the fraud in the dugout. Our horrendous away record easily counter balances it. Rays lucks slowly running out at home (brechin/Dumbarton) and if duffys any sense he'll go for the throat from the off.

RAM1971
18-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Wondered how long it would take before our "great" home form got threw in to defend the fraud in the dugout. Our horrendous away record easily counter balances it. Rays lucks slowly running out at home (brechin/Dumbarton) and if duffys any sense he'll go for the throat from the off.

Don't forget our brilliant defensive record. Best in the league so far!

LSArab
18-09-2017, 10:10 AM

They'll be mindful of the pasting we gave them in the play offs I reckon.

Maybe we should bring back Kuate for this one

TerryTheTerror
18-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Don't forget our brilliant defensive record. Best in the league so far!

True story. :) If we can keep that up for the whole season we'll have a chance of winning the title.

shedboy71
18-09-2017, 10:20 AM
True story. :) If we can keep that up for the whole season we'll have a chance of winning the title.

we will be mid table if we cant score any though ;D sorry i just had to bring it down again :p

RAM1971
18-09-2017, 10:37 AM

If we keep up our 'performances' for a whole season, we will have few fans left!

TerryTheTerror
18-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Last season our problems began we started to concede lots of goals. Before that we'd been tight as hell and managed to get ourselves top of the table.

chayirbazov
18-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Last season our problems began we started to concede lots of goals. Before that we'd been tight as hell and managed to get ourselves top of the table.

Wir ****ing stinking and nae positive spin will change that. We dinny go up this season wir ****ed, that's it.

SmedDUm
18-09-2017, 12:33 PM
They'll be mindful of the pasting we gave them in the play offs I reckon.

Maybe we should bring back Kuate for this one

I wonder Wato happened to him. Anyone know?
Bizarre as it was, was it not just about the highlight of last season?

shedboy71
18-09-2017, 01:16 PM
https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/909727821198741504?s=03

jt bottom with Cowdenbeath for entertainment. so not just us. Its a really complicated algorithm used as well - goals per game :)

TerryTheTerror
18-09-2017, 01:59 PM
We dinny go up this season wir ****ed, that's it.

Is this the same we're ****ed if we get relegated from the Premiership type ****ed? :?

TerryTheTerror
18-09-2017, 02:00 PM
https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/909727821198741504?s=03

jt bottom with Cowdenbeath for entertainment. so not just us. Its a really complicated algorithm used as well - goals per game :)

Point of order, surely the trusted alphabetical rule should apply? :)

shedboy71
18-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Is this the same we're ****ed if we get relegated from the Premiership type ****ed? :?

****ededer

shedboy71
18-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Point of order, surely the trusted alphabetical rule should apply? :)

away goals rule XD

TerryTheTerror
18-09-2017, 02:10 PM
We've scored away goals? :? :)

shedboy71
18-09-2017, 02:34 PM
We've scored away goals? :? :)

Now that is a really good point!

chayirbazov
19-09-2017, 06:57 AM

No it a 3 seasons stuck in the championship ****ed we budgets cut again, mair oh a level playing field we other teams, so if we canny get up we a much larger budget this season, wir ****ed and as the filth say DOON FIR LIFE

TerryTheTerror
19-09-2017, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't start believing anything they've got to say...

RAM1971
19-09-2017, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't start believing anything they've got to say...

Wise words Treb, but let's not lose sight of the fact that they are a very real warning from history. If we ignore that then we can end up just like them. In fact, it's happening!

ahlltanyirhide
19-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Wise words Treb, but let's not lose sight of the fact that they are a very real warning from history. If we ignore that then we can end up just like them. In fact, it's happening!

Wash yir mouth oot RAM, we will never be like them

FTD4life

chayirbazov
19-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Wash yir mouth oot RAM, we will never be like them

FTD4life

Eh wouldny bank on it. As Lang as that baldy ****s running the ship it's a very real outcome.