PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall car radio's

chalky_ncfc
17-09-2017, 11:31 AM
I've got a corsa and for some reason the radio stopped working,its a built in radio and after checking the fuses under the bonnet discovered that its now set itself into 'Safe' mode,after googling the problem I've sussed out that there is a solitary fuse behind the radio that's probably the cause plus I need the number from the radio to obtain the code to reset it (it didn't come with the car) but I need those pins that pull the radio out,Halfords sell them but not for Vauxhall has they are larger than normal, I'm not going to the main dealer as the car isn't worth much,anybody know where I can get some pins from?

I'm off to work now so thanks for any help in advance

Old_pie
17-09-2017, 01:01 PM
I've got a corsa and for some reason the radio stopped working,its a built in radio and after checking the fuses under the bonnet discovered that its now set itself into 'Safe' mode,after googling the problem I've sussed out that there is a solitary fuse behind the radio that's probably the cause plus I need the number from the radio to obtain the code to reset it (it didn't come with the car) but I need those pins that pull the radio out,Halfords sell them but not for Vauxhall has they are larger than normal, I'm not going to the main dealer as the car isn't worth much,anybody know where I can get some pins from?

Ebay?

Last time I needed pins to get a radio out (not a Corsa) I used the wire from a metal coathanger.

kings1
17-09-2017, 04:56 PM
As above^ EBay. Got some years ago for pennies.

arnapie
17-09-2017, 05:34 PM

You still live on Ravo ?

If yes, ask at the shop at top of your road.

chalky_ncfc
17-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Yeah still on Ravo,I thought that the shop maybe a bit small to have one in stock but maybe worth a go otherwise I will get somebody to order me one off eBay,the coathangers,surely you would need four of them plus four hands (or am I being thick?)
Thank you for the replies anyway

nay123
17-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Yeah still on Ravo,I thought that the shop maybe a bit small to have one in stock but maybe worth a go otherwise I will get somebody to order me one off eBay,the coathangers,surely you would need four of them plus four hands (or am I being thick?)
Thank you for the replies anywaytwo small screw driver will do the job