PDA

View Full Version : Singapore GP

oldcolner
17-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Carnage at the start as Vettel takes out Raikkonen and Verstappen and then spins out himself allowing Hamilton to go into the lead from 5th.:)
Palmer up to 5th too.
Hamilton loves the rain so if he keeps going he will have a 28 point lead.

oldcolner
17-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Duly won it so must be ecstatic after being fifth in practice. Now has 28 points lead and Bottas closing in on him.
Palmer got 6th his highest ever place, but finds Saintz will take his place next year:?

The Bedlington Terrier
18-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Duly won it so must be ecstatic after being fifth in practice. Now has 28 points lead and Bottas closing in on him.
Palmer got 6th his highest ever place, but finds Saintz will take his place next year:?

Handed to him on a plate which he simply lapped up and said, "Thank you very much"! I like Hamilton! :D

oldcolner
18-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Handed to him on a plate which he simply lapped up and said, "Thank you very much"! I like Hamilton! :D

Surprised no one was punished for causing the accident, Vettel does this fast swerve in front of his front row compatriot regularly. Pity he he got away with this, a 10 place grid penalty would have killed the championship. I suppose that's a good reason not to penalise him. It kindly opened the door for Hamilton to follow down his line into second and just avoid the carnage.
I don't like Vettel.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Me neither! :(

Supersub6
18-09-2017, 08:50 AM
"........I don't like Vettel."
"Me neither!"

Careful chaps --you will be getting branded with the 'r' word! ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
18-09-2017, 09:00 AM
He has about the same charm factor as Southgate but to compound the issue he's also a rather soulless German!

Supersub6
18-09-2017, 09:11 AM
He has about the same charm factor as Southgate but to compound the issue he's also a rather soulless German!

Vorsicht!! :)

oldcolner
18-09-2017, 10:59 AM
He's also a very dangerous driver. If we did that on the road we would get points and maybe a ban if it caused a smash.
Isn't it time these manoeuvres were banned in the way that cyclists in sprints are supposed to maintain their line (Cavendish flattener kicked out of the Tour de France).
F1 should require drivers at the start to maintain their line and not make sudden lurches to one side or another on the straights until they are near the corner.
Ok I'm an idealist, but a fair sprint to the first corner would be more exciting, Vettel would have won the corner anyway.

ClaretinBudapest
18-09-2017, 11:12 AM
I feel sorry for Kimi.He had by far the best start and arguably would have been leading into Turn 1.He was also the most innocent out of the three drivers.
However Ferrari would have probably engineered a way to give the win back to Vettel.