PDA

View Full Version : Bain

deecom
18-09-2017, 10:00 AM
We have been leaking goals this season and Bain has,net looked too clever with a few of them.
As for penalties, I think I've seen him save one since he came to Dundee, always goes the wrong way.
About time parish got a chance to see what he's capable of.

BCram
18-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Here's the record of the top 50.

Diego Alves saved 22 out of 45, Joe Hart saved 13 from 45, Buffon saved 28 from 89.

noahrab
18-09-2017, 12:02 PM
We have been leaking goals this season and Bain has,net looked too clever with a few of them.
As for penalties, I think I've seen him save one since he came to Dundee, always goes the wrong way.

So, put in a keeper you've never seen play....just because.

Smart move.

deecom
18-09-2017, 12:08 PM
So, put in a keeper you've never seen play....just because.

Smart move.

The man who signed him knows what he he can do, and I am happy with the signings mcann has made this season.

deecom
18-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Here's the record of the top 50.

Diego Alves saved 22 out of 45, Joe Hart saved 13 from 45, Buffon saved 28 from 89.

Even canna catcha a ba is at number 34 !

ABERFELDYDEE
18-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Even canna catcha a ba is at number 34 !

The criticism of Bain is beyond belief
No sure where it comes from
Surely no cos he's no saved penalties
You'll be sorry when he's gone

deecom
18-09-2017, 02:46 PM
It wasn't that long ago people were posting on here, slating Bain for not coming off his line.
That was just before mcann saved us yet again.

BCram
18-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I think the point is that it does seem possible to save penalties. With a bit of back room staff support might it be possible to improve his performance. The same goes for coming off his line to cut out crosses. These are skills that would improve his game and benefit him in his desire to improve as a goal keeper.

ABERFELDYDEE
19-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Hmm fair dos
You should phone Mccann with the vast knowledge you seem to have
Post up here how you get on
Cheers

ABERFELDYDEE
19-09-2017, 06:59 PM
It wasn't that long ago people were posting on here, slating Bain for not coming off his line.
That was just before mcann saved us yet again.

The reason McCann hasn't dropped him is because he thinks he's a far better goalie
Pretty straightforward

billymorgan
19-09-2017, 07:56 PM

Bain has been getting plaudits throughout the game in Scotland for his performances so far this season,but you want him binned ? Strange

BCram
22-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Think Bain will be trying his hardest. Perhaps the pressure of saying he wants to move on is getting to him? It must be really frustrating to lose a goal a game, at least, and feel that it isn't all his fault. My sympathies are with him and I hope he's getting some good coaching to help him regain his consistency.

Verzet
22-09-2017, 03:03 PM
I was critical of his positioning for the two St Johstone penalties, he dived to soon and made it easy for the taker. I watched him closely on Wednesday night and he appeared to leave his decision until late and guessed correct and wasn't too far away from Sinclair's penalty.
I hope this indicates he has been doing some work on his tactics.