PDA

View Full Version : So What's the Excuse?

Daly9
18-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Stolen from TDA on Twitter:

"According to BBC stats; we've only had 23 shots on target in the league this season. An average of 1 every 23.4 minutes. Rotten.

To put that into perspective. Here are figures for the three teams above us:
Dunfermline: 37
St Mirren: 28
Morton: 35

Goal to shot on target %:
Dunfermline 48.6%
St Mirren 50%
Morton 28.5%
Dundee United 21.73%"

Having been at most games this season I knew things were bad but this really highlighted it for me.

What can McKinnon possibly say to excuse this pitiful return? For me, it can't be down to anything other than tactics (or lack thereof). New manager required asap.

arab81
18-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Rays on the ropes. It's a matter of time. Scary how far out his depth he is.

ahlltanyirhide
18-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Rays on the ropes. It's a matter of time. Scary how far out his depth he is.

Let's hope he realises too and decides to throw caution to the wind on Saturday

shedboy71
18-09-2017, 09:41 PM
but he says it will all click into place when they are fit and they gel ;)

actually thats exactly what he said again :(

GUNBOAT
22-09-2017, 09:08 PM
If you were a supporter of ST Mirren or Dunfermline recently you have had major up's and down's ie Saints hammer United and ICT scoring 7 goals in the process,the Pars meanwhile lead at Cappielow then lose 3-2 but bounce back next week beating ST Mirren 3-0.During this period our team with a much larger budget than either of our rivals manage 1 goal in 2 games versus team's at the bottom of our league.
I know the answer but why is it that teams with almost no budget to speak of manage to entertain their fans but we are served up complete and utter shyte?.

one team in city
23-09-2017, 09:46 AM
If you were a supporter of ST Mirren or Dunfermline recently you have had major up's and down's ie Saints hammer United and ICT scoring 7 goals in the process,the Pars meanwhile lead at Cappielow then lose 3-2 but bounce back next week beating ST Mirren 3-0.During this period our team with a much larger budget than either of our rivals manage 1 goal in 2 games versus team's at the bottom of our league.
I know the answer but why is it that teams with almost no budget to speak of manage to entertain their fans but we are served up complete and utter shyte?.

thats because we are complete and utter ****e with a clueless manager simples

SmedDUm
23-09-2017, 10:29 AM

Best thing is tho Boat that we're only TWO POINTS behind your Superclubs.

FWIW here are the daft results so far in the C'ship you are maybe alluding to for a dig at us -
St M 3 Falkirk 1
Pars 5 ICT 1
Morton 4 St M 1
Pars 3 Falkirk 1
Falkirk 1 QotS 4
St M 3 Utd 0 (give you that one)
Brechin 1 Falkirk 1
Morton 3 Pars 2
Pars 3 St M 0
ICT 1 Livi 3

stokearab
23-09-2017, 10:44 AM

FWIW here are the daft results so far in the C'ship you are maybe alluding to for a dig at us -
St M 3 Falkirk 1
Pars 5 ICT 1
Morton 4 St M 1
Pars 3 Falkirk 1
Falkirk 1 QotS 4
Brechin 1 Falkirk 1
Morton 3 Pars 2
Pars 3 St M 0
ICT 1 Livi 3

But unless we improve there's a danger we won't win this league. And with the biggest budget the best squad and most fans that just doesn't bear thinking about. We're set up to go back up, the manager has to deliver - and fast. Starting today. Not holding my breath.

SmedDUm
23-09-2017, 11:01 AM
But unless we improve there's a danger we won't win this league. And with the biggest budget the best squad and most fans that just doesn't bear thinking about. We're set up to go back up, the manager has to deliver - and fast. Starting today. Not holding my breath.

The Glasgow The Rangers The have a big budget & a big support but they're not very good!

An old shed boy
23-09-2017, 12:18 PM
The Glasgow The Rangers The have a big budget & a big support but they're not very good!
And that makes it Ok then ?

LSArab
23-09-2017, 12:36 PM
We are so far below where we should be as to position and quality.

People to blame are obvious IMO 1st ST and then R McK with decent budget needs to have us winning this league

Don't think either of those individuals are going anywhere soon so let's just hope that things improve enough for us to win league

Massive today if we can get a win

GUNBOAT
23-09-2017, 05:30 PM

St M 3 Falkirk 1
Pars 5 ICT 1
Morton 4 St M 1
Pars 3 Falkirk 1
Falkirk 1 QotS 4
Brechin 1 Falkirk 1
Morton 3 Pars 2
Pars 3 St M 0
ICT 1 Livi 3

What do you mean by my super clubs?,i was merely pointing out that we scored 1 goal v two struggling team's and produced two dire performances whereas other club's fans are being treated to games laden with goals.It really annoy's me when people want to defend the indefensible,if we all did that it may have been the same fayre today mate. B)