PDA

View Full Version : What a load of shyte

jdfc
20-09-2017, 08:44 PM
2-0 and Hal time, second half, ZERO shots ZERO goals, sure I heard McCann say we were going to have a go, five in midfield over ran all night, never pushed up, to many passes went astray, one decent chance in first half, apart from that, nothing

GB72
20-09-2017, 08:47 PM
2-0 and Hal time, second half, ZERO shots ZERO goals, sure I heard McCann say we were going to have a go, five in midfield over ran all night, never pushed up, to many passes went astray, one decent chance in first half, apart from that, nothing

Lay a lot of the blame at our greedy board of directors, we lost 4000 fans from utd game mainly imo down to pricing....

Atmosphere was akin to a junior match

First 30 minutes was decent, but last hour was bordering on embaressing

Deeranged
20-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Lay a lot of the blame at our greedy board of directors, we lost 4000 fans from utd game mainly imo down to pricing....

Atmosphere was akin to a junior match

First 30 minutes was decent, but last hour was bordering on embaressing

Mainly down to pricing? Almost entirely in my opinion.

That and the fact that we were out as soon as the draw was made.

GB72
20-09-2017, 10:08 PM

Mainly for me....but vast majority

Why oh why didnt we give Celtic whole mainstand if we wanted to maximise income

Returnofrros
20-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Celtic didn't fill their end as it was.

GB72
20-09-2017, 10:14 PM
Sold all there tickets though

GB72
20-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Lot of them buy tickets whether they go or not to guarantee tickets for future games

Like a points system

Returnofrros
20-09-2017, 10:24 PM

See I find that a bit defeatist.

Every now and then somebody can win a cup without having to beat Celtic or rangers but it dosent happen often.

Some people will prioritise 7th or 8th over a cup win. I don't.

Cup wins are what keeps folk going back not constant relegation fodder in spl ( check out killie and Patrick's league crowds).

If we are giving up on the cups and no club out with tic and gers can win the league then to quote mixu "What's the ****ing point"?

I always find it fascinating that folk will find money for USA jollies and palace friendlies but a game that's £6 overpriced is a no no.

Just tells me that for plenty it's about the (for want of a better word) jolly and much much less about supporting a team.

If that was my thing I'd book a holiday in magaluf or Benidorm rather than jolly it up at the guise of going to the football.

Returnofrros
20-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Scumbags. Sectarian scumbags.

Wouldn't give them anymore air never mind tickets.

jdfc
21-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Find it strange that you don't see a £6 difference being a problem, yet you bought a concession ticket

GB72
21-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Find it strange that you don't see a £6 difference being a problem, yet you bought a concession ticket

If we had adult and concession split last night the club would have taken in 155000 gate reciepts to be split with Celtic....

If it was a 20/10 gate price and we gave celtic 5000 tickets and we sold 5000 home tixs with the right marketing

The club would have recieved 150 000 gate reciepts....

Not a lot in it

Returnofrros
21-09-2017, 08:13 AM

I think its exspensive. But the option I took is open to everyone but suspect £19 wouldn't have made much difference to the crowd.

I did it because I see no reason why pensioners should get in cheaper. Maybe mentioned it once or twice.

You either want your team to win a cup or it's not that important.

I get that it's not that important to some, that's not a critism it's just reflected in our cup crowds.

For me it's the 2nd biggest trophy my team can win and I want to see it won and how it's won not just turn up at a final have a good day then go home.

jdfc
21-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Don't think your being fair saying people don't want us to win a cup, people aren't happy with prices for games that are on tv, that is what the board need to address

shaded
21-09-2017, 10:28 AM
agree people are sayn £26 to watch what is 99% of the time a foregone conclusion or keep the £26 in the hipper,there are so so many people in oor city who are near the breadline and the board should think about charging that price for a tv game

Verzet
21-09-2017, 10:38 AM
I get fed up listening to the same people who come on to social media complaining that we aren't signing the right/best players and then complain about the pricing.
The reality is if you want a team that is going to be competitive on the park (and before you say we aren't competitive, we have a squad that is in the top half of expenses in the league) then you have to maximise the revenue.
Now from a Business Model standpoint, there is no Business Model in the history of commerce who has ever maximised their revenue and profit by decreasing prices. IT DOES NOT WORK, EVER.
I know we as supporters would like to see the team win but I would have thought as Dundee supporters, given our history of administration, we would also keep one eye on ensuring the club remains solvent. It is a bit baffling that all those true supporters who during administration were happy to pay the admission fee and throw extra money in a bucket but now complain about £26 for a Cat A game.
To address the point of why we dropped 3000 on the gate from the United game, I would put that down more to the fact that Dundee supporters are less likely to miss a derby game that we have a bigger chance of winning than a game against Celtic who were unbeaten in domestic football for approx 55 games.
Lastly I have genuine sympathy for fans who due to tough times cannot afford these prices and I would hope they are able to pick their games and continue to support the club where possible.

Returnofrros
21-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Don't think your being fair saying people don't want us to win a cup, people aren't happy with prices for games that are on tv, that is what the board need to address

I said it's not that important, significant difference.

To me it's everything about supporting dfc.

Have vague very vague memories of it happening once and want to see it again afore I shuffle off.

Other fans prioritise the "social" side of things.

Returnofrros
21-09-2017, 10:41 AM
I get fed up listening to the same people who come on to social media complaining that we aren't signing the right/best players and then complain about the pricing.
The reality is if you want a team that is going to be competitive on the park (and before you say we aren't competitive, we have a squad that is in the top half of expenses in the league) then you have to maximise the revenue.
Now from a Business Model standpoint, there is no Business Model in the history of commerce who has ever maximised their revenue and profit by decreasing prices. IT DOES NOT WORK, EVER.
I know we as supporters would like to see the team win but I would have thought as Dundee supporters, given our history of administration, we would also keep one eye on ensuring the club remains solvent. It is a bit baffling that all those true supporters who during administration were happy to pay the admission fee and throw extra money in a bucket but now complain about £26 for a Cat A game.
To address the point of why we dropped 3000 on the gate from the United game, I would put that down more to the fact that Dundee supporters are less likely to miss a derby game that we have a bigger chance of winning than a game against Celtic who were unbeaten in domestic football for approx 55 games.
Lastly I have genuine sympathy for fans who due to tough times cannot afford these prices and I would hope they are able to pick their games and continue to support the club where possible.

Lots of good points in this post.

Returnofrros
21-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Deleted last post can't be bothered getting into the debate.

Em bowing out of this thread.

GB72
21-09-2017, 10:58 AM

Out of interest why do you think Motherwell are charging a tenner and a fiver tonight for there CAT A game...

Maybe a wee thank you to there long suffering support

jdfc
21-09-2017, 11:22 AM
It isn't just last night, Cat A against Aberdeen and Hearts last season when they were on tv told there own story, I have season ticket so doesn't affect me, but I support the PATG fans and don't blame them for watching it on tv

GB72
21-09-2017, 01:57 PM
It isn't just last night, Cat A against Aberdeen and Hearts last season when they were on tv told there own story, I have season ticket so doesn't affect me, but I support the PATG fans and don't blame them for watching it on tv

Why not charge 30quid to maximise even more income, its only another 4quid...just price of a pint....

Bottom line is that DFC had the chance to give a little back to there fans but chose not too....

The extra 20 grand they made with inflated prices will go into the bank account, but imo it was a pr disaster as was reflected by the home support

2800 home fans for a home QF and some guys are trying to dress it up as ok beggars belief...

We lost that game before a ball was kicked last night

jdfc
21-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Agree, a full Dee end jumping could have made a difference, but nothing will change, top of the board not listening, others down to fans reps are just puppets

Dee_Dee
21-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Realistically, we were out as soon as the draw was made. A lot of folk not prepared to shell out for a foregone conclusion that's also on TV.
If we had been playing any other of the quarter finalists last night at the same price, I'd bet there would have been a lot more folk prepared to pay it

GB72
21-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Realistically, we were out as soon as the draw was made. A lot of folk not prepared to shell out for a foregone conclusion that's also on TV.
If we had been playing any other of the quarter finalists last night at the same price, I'd bet there would have been a lot more folk prepared to pay it

26 quid is tipping point for a lot of folk

Out of interest would you have paid 30 to see say dee v hibs last night

Dee_Dee
21-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Where do you get £30 from? Would pay at least that if it was a semi-final, would be steep for a quarter final but probably would pay it if we had a realistic chance of winning and reaching the semi.

GB72
21-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Where do you get £30 from? Would pay at least that if it was a semi-final, would be steep for a quarter final but probably would pay it if we had a realistic chance of winning and reaching the semi.

Just curious too see how much you would pay...

Tremendous atmosphere at Motherwell, looked proper cup tie..

There board have to be applauded, now they will reap rewards in semi final financially

Dee_Dee
21-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Aye but they had a reasonable chance of beating Aberdeen tonight. They have improved this season and looked pretty good. We definitely drew the ****ty straw getting Celtic

GB72
21-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Aye but they had a reasonable chance of beating Aberdeen tonight. They have improved this season and looked pretty good. We definitely drew the ****ty straw getting Celtic

So if we got celtic in semi final

Would you not bother going?

Dee_Dee
21-09-2017, 09:08 PM
I go all the time because I live in hope and don't spend much on going to the pub or any other hobbies, I prioritise the football over most things in life. I get that not everyone can do that

Verzet
22-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Here's what I think.
I can't speak for Motherwell but their decision in economic terms meant (I have no way of knowing the split of concessions/adult tickets) at full adult price their revenue was 6430 x 10 = £64300
Dundee's revenue was 6917 x 26 = £179,842, nearly three times greater and the majority of this was paid for by the away fans.
As a businessman it is obvious where the best BUSINESS decision was made. It is my argument that our football club is a business and should be run to the best business standards if we want it to prosper in the future.
Now I take the point about "a thank you" to the support but this wasn't the game to do it as you would have been subsidising a large amount of Celtic supporters. The time to do it will be when we play a team with a small travelling support and/or a crunch game.

Returnofrros
22-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Here's what I think.
I can't speak for Motherwell but their decision in economic terms meant (I have no way of knowing the split of concessions/adult tickets) at full adult price their revenue was 6430 x 10 = £64300
Dundee's revenue was 6917 x 26 = £179,842, nearly three times greater and the majority of this was paid for by the away fans.
As a businessman it is obvious where the best BUSINESS decision was made. It is my argument that our football club is a business and should be run to the best business standards if we want it to prosper in the future.
Now I take the point about "a thank you" to the support but this wasn't the game to do it as you would have been subsidising a large amount of Celtic supporters. The time to do it will be when we play a team with a small travelling support and/or a crunch game.

Said I was bowing out of this thread but bugger it.

The difference in numbers is staggering BUT I do think that the past week or two has caused a bit of I'll feeling between board and fans that will only really show when season tics go on sale again.

Would 5000 or 6000 dees there gave us an extra 5-10% chance of winning.....who knows.

My suggestion a few weeks before game of dress subsidising tics for home end still stacks up imho.

We would have got those 5000 or 6000 in (especially if you listen to everybody who claims they wind have went if cheaper), club would have been in pocket, dfcss would have been in pocket, we would have had better chance of winning (admittedly slim but better), fans happy, board happy, players happy.

Basher Bloggs
25-09-2017, 12:18 PM

That comment is simply false Verzet.
Aldi, Asda,Lidls,Virgin,Stagecoach,Easy Jet,Ryanair,Southeast airlines,Dobbies,Uber etc Every major company that cuts its prices to increase income and capture a market.Their financial success is based on REDUCING prices to gain customers.Your comment "IT DOES NOT EVER WORK" is factually incorrect.

Basher Bloggs
25-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Here's what I think.

You cant compare cherries with pears or apples with oranges .You can only compare like with like.In this case you can only compare Dundee FC with DundeeFC.
If Dundee had charged an average price of £26 they would have received 7k x £26 =£182k gate money
If they had charged an average price of £19 and had a gate of 10K they would have gate money of £190k
Buts that something that we will never know.Its all ifs and buts.
But DFC have done a super job making gaps on the terracings chasing away fans and damaging the dens atmosphere, and causing division too.

Basher Bloggs
02-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Fans priced out again on Saturday.What is the fans rep saying about this fiasco?

Returnofrros
02-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Fans priced out again on Saturday.What is the fans rep saying about this fiasco?

We had a slightly bigger home support than st Johnstone game so more people paid the extra.

Not sure we have a fans rep ( it's a dfcss rep really) anymore.

Good things are happening at Dundee if £2 is gonna stop you going then I'll think you'll find that reversing that increase ain't gonna bring them back.

Cheaper season tics and ALL adults over 21 paying the same would help.

billymorgan
02-10-2017, 04:24 PM
We had a slightly bigger home support than st Johnstone game so more people paid the extra.

Not sure we have a fans rep ( it's a dfcss rep really) anymore.

Good things are happening at Dundee if £2 is gonna stop you going then I'll think you'll find that reversing that increase ain't gonna bring them back.

Cheaper season tics and ALL adults over 21 paying the same would help.

So you want Dundee FC to be the only club probably in Europe if not the world,to charge OAPs and unfortunate disabled people the same price as healthy adults , Seriously ? XD
Do you think Dundee FC will ever take you up on this bizarre campaign of yours and Implement your wishes? No I don't think so either !

Returnofrros
02-10-2017, 05:54 PM
So you want Dundee FC to be the only club probably in Europe if not the world,to charge OAPs and unfortunate disabled people the same price as healthy adults , Seriously ? XD
Do you think Dundee FC will ever take you up on this bizarre campaign of yours and Implement your wishes? No I don't think so either !

Not that I've mentioned it but no I don't think disabled people should get in at a reduced price.

If they require a carer then carer should get in for free ( as thats an added cost) or token payment but getting in for a reduced price because you are disabled (and disability seems to cover a multitude of things these days) wouldn't be top of my priority list.

Read on Pravda that Bradford don't differentiate between auld adults and adults.

No sure how true it is though, it was on Pravda.

I do think the day is coming when auld adult concessions will end and make football cheaper for the majority.

billymorgan
02-10-2017, 06:41 PM
Not that I've mentioned it but no I don't think disabled people should get in at a reduced price.

If they require a carer then carer should get in for free ( as thats an added cost) or token payment but getting in for a reduced price because you are disabled (and disability seems to cover a multitude of things these days) wouldn't be top of my priority list.

Read on Pravda that Bradford don't differentiate between auld adults and adults.

No sure how true it is though, it was on Pravda.

I do think the day is coming when auld adult concessions will end and make football cheaper for the majority.

That's what happens everywhere I think anyway ? Disabled pays full price and carer goes free. Where does a disabled person get in for free or lower price ? Genuinely don't know.

Returnofrros
02-10-2017, 07:57 PM
No idea how it works now.

You asked if dfc should charge auld adults and disabled the same as "healthy" adults.

I answered.

So not sure what else to say.