PDA

View Full Version : Hard to come back from cheating....and other thoughts...

Huey73
20-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Never a penalty. I’d be embarrassed if I was Scott Sinclair. No, ashamed, but such is the modern footballer, cheating is the name of the game! If that was a Dundee player I’d also be ashamed. (Deacon against Hibs?) Beaton is a dreadfully bad referee, that said, we never offered enough, but that score flattered Celtic. Dens (or a new stadium) will never sell out when we insist on charging such high prices for a game on TV!

jdfc
21-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Have to say, I thought it was a pen, even after seeing it ump**** times, soft maybe, but I'd be looking for one at the other end.

jdfc
21-09-2017, 07:09 AM
I like his no holds bar attitude to commentary, but I don't get his constant shout for red cards, it's a mans game, and he was one of the most fiscal players around in his day

jdfc
21-09-2017, 07:10 AM
This should be a separate post, don't know what happened

Deeranged
21-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Have to say, I thought it was a pen, even after seeing it ump**** times, soft maybe, but I'd be looking for one at the other end.

Penalty for me, contact made and Sinclair made the most of it. I'd hope our players would do the same and would also be looking for it.

billymorgan
21-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Penalty for me, contact made and Sinclair made the most of it. I'd hope our players would do the same and would also be looking for it.

Yeah,but we wouldn't have got it.

troodee1893
21-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Never a penalty. I’d be embarrassed if I was Scott Sinclair. No, ashamed, but such is the modern footballer, cheating is the name of the game! If that was a Dundee player I’d also be ashamed. (Deacon against Hibs?) Beaton is a dreadfully bad referee, that said, we never offered enough, but that score flattered Celtic. Dens (or a new stadium) will never sell out when we insist on charging such high prices for a game on TV!

Only problem re the TV is that unlike the Scottish Cup there is no major windfall of cash (£82,500 to each club). I fully agree that on such occasions the price should be well reduced. In this Betfred Cup the TV money is mostly pooled amongst all the clubs into prize money from the early stages and the actual the actual sum received is much less ? £25,000 or so. With games against Celtic and their usual anti social behavior the police costs are astronomical (the horses don't come cheap etc.) so there is not the scope to reduce the prices as much as per earlier games. In saying that the prices were a bit high but there is no easy answer to this. Halving the prices would not have doubled the crowd, fact!!

jdfc
21-09-2017, 03:21 PM
I think £20 and £10 would have doubled home support, my opinion but we'll never know

Returnofrros
21-09-2017, 04:43 PM
I think £20 and £10 would have doubled home support, my opinion but we'll never know

Everybody could have got in for £19 and I don't think club would have done much about it.

£20 would have put another 1000 on the gate.

Celtic isn't an attractive fixture anymore.

£20 against rangers and we would have put 2000 on the gate.

_JohnGotti_
21-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Everybody could have got in for £19 and I don't think club would have done much about it.

£20 would have put another 1000 on the gate.

Celtic isn't an attractive fixture anymore.

£20 against rangers and we would have put 2000 on the gate.

Lot of our fans simply don't want to go to games against either of the ****s
I'll no be surprised if like last year meh SC wont take a bus tae Sellick in a few weeks fae now

Returnofrros
21-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Lot of our fans simply don't want to go to games against either of the ****s
I'll no be surprised if like last year meh SC wont take a bus tae Sellick in a few weeks fae now

What annoys me is there will be dees who go to the tatties dome but won't have went to Dens last night.

_JohnGotti_
21-09-2017, 06:29 PM
What annoys me is there will be dees who go to the tatties dome but won't have went to Dens last night.

dont think theyll be many m8

agree bout your other post though re fans moaning bout £6 but happy to spend fortunes for a friendly doon in that London

Dee_Dee
21-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Didn't go to Parkhead last season and won't be going this season either