PDA

View Full Version : What The ブck Is Our Best 11?

DonVincenzo (The II)
21-09-2017, 08:40 PM
I would get Ball and Mackay Steven to ブck.
Ball is useless, at the moment anyway and GMS is even more lightweight and patchy than I thought he was. Not good enough.

Stewart simply isnt doing enough and looks overweight to me. Nowhere near the sharp striker we saw at Dundee.

So whats the best? Im struggling..

Lewis
Logan Arnason Reynolds Shinnie
Tansey McLean Christie
May Wright
Rooney

ブck knows!

theram1975
21-09-2017, 08:53 PM
I gave up after Lewis and Logan, I would have a cheek saying we have a best centre half

Considine should be looking over his shoulder but tbh there are numerous who should be jettisoned before him.

Ball and Stewart can both sod off back to whatever pish clubs they came from.

GMS has never done it for me and now I see him in AFC colours i'm more convinced than ever that he's useless, a couple of flicks and the odd bit of flair with no end product doesn't make you a fitba player.

McLean has downed tools

Rooney's not a tenth of the player he was a couple of seasons ago. Rarely even gets into scoring positions nowadays. Looks shot.

Maynard, just no.

sheepcrooky
21-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Lewis
Logan AOC Arnason Harvey
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean Wright
May

The_Moog
21-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Whatever it is - that wasn't it tonight that's for sure....

donsdaft
22-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Get McLean tae f'uck

STOP PLAYING 3 AT THE BACK

Mason89
22-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Get McLean tae f'uck

STOP PLAYING 3 AT THE BACK

That would be an excellent place to start

Stoney_Scarfer
22-09-2017, 07:56 AM
I would say any 11 that doesn't have McLean in it!!!!

That was difficult watching last night and quite frankly, I can see us getting pumped again on Sunday unless there are huge changes!!!

standfreelee
22-09-2017, 08:02 AM
back four needs to be fixed...

logan arnason o conner considine.

our best defence i reckon. stick with it and **** aboot with the rest if you must Derek.

eastnuekdon
22-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Lewis
Logan AOC Arnason Harvey
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean Wright
May

Think this is about our best. I don't mind o Connor beside arnason.

Never used to buy into the considine bashing but last night was the final straw for me. Shouldn't be near the first team playing like that. Badly missing Hayes.

Rochead
22-09-2017, 09:06 AM
It is obvious that McInness doesn't know his best team yet. Despite yesterday being our first defeat the cracks were there to see, a defeat was on the cards, the Motherwell score line flattered us. We try to play attractive football but if teams get in our face it doesn't happen. At the start of the season most of us thought we had a very strong pool, it doesn't look that way now, I may be pessimistic but I fear for the this season, hopefully I am wrong.

rico94
22-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Think this is about our best. I don't mind o Connor beside arnason.

Never used to buy into the considine bashing but last night was the final straw for me. Shouldn't be near the first team playing like that. Badly missing Hayes.

I posted on another thread a few weeks back that McInnes hadn't sorted out the defence from last season, the replies were basically Considine and Reynolds are above average SPFL defenders and are fine against most sides.To me if you are happy with them 2 you are going to have to accept results like last night.

Considine has improved a lot since McInnes came here,he was atrocious under Calderwood, McGhee and Brown and ok under McInnes but he has never been good enough.

Reynolds was good when he was playing alongside Anderson a few years back but he has never looked the same since his injury and his pace is gone now as well.

McInnes should have been more ruthless and moved them both on but he has a loyalty to certain players who have done well for him in the past which will come back to bite him if he isn't careful.

stansmith
22-09-2017, 01:07 PM
McInnes should have been more ruthless and moved them both on but he has a loyalty to certain players who have done well for him in the past which will come back to bite him if he isn't careful.

He's just signed them both up till 2019.

PittodriePile
22-09-2017, 01:25 PM
back four needs to be fixed...

logan arnason o conner considine.

our best defence i reckon. stick with it and **** aboot with the rest if you must Derek.

I'd have to agree with this. Arnie looked comfortable when he came on. Hopefully that can continue given the chance. I'd like to know what those saying Harvie is our best LB are basing that on?

rico94
22-09-2017, 02:19 PM
He's just signed them both up till 2019.

I know he has, thats why I said he should have moved both of them on instead of showing loyalty to them by offering them new deals.

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 03:09 PM
I would get Ball and Mackay Steven to ブck.
Ball is useless, at the moment anyway and GMS is even more lightweight and patchy than I thought he was. Not good enough.

Stewart simply isnt doing enough and looks overweight to me. Nowhere near the sharp striker we saw at Dundee.

So whats the best? Im struggling..

Lewis
Logan Arnason Reynolds Shinnie
Tansey McLean Christie
May Wright
Rooney

ブck knows!

If the manager doesn't know, how the feck will we know?
He clearly doesn't.

There are so many deficiencies in the squad it's hard to know where to start.

We seem better at 4-2-3-1 when we don't d1ck about with tombolas

with that formation in mind, I'll go with and caveat at the end;

Lewis
Logan O'Connor Arnason Considine
Tansey Shinnie
Stewart Christie Wright
May

Rogers, Ball, Reynolds, McLean, Rooney, GMS, Maynard.

The caveats being;
We need a pacey centre half that is good in the air - good luck with that.
Considine needs replaced at LB.
Stewart is a lazy unfit sod, but on the basis GMS is a weasel, then he gets in.

Stop faffing around with 3 at the back

rico94
22-09-2017, 05:25 PM
If the manager doesn't know, how the feck will we know?
He clearly doesn't.

There are so many deficiencies in the squad it's hard to know where to start.

We seem better at 4-2-3-1 when we don't d1ck about with tombolas

with that formation in mind, I'll go with and caveat at the end;

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
Stewart Christie Wright
May

Rogers, Ball, Reynolds, McLean, Rooney, GMS, Maynard.

The caveats being;
We need a pacey centre half that is good in the air - good luck with that.
Considine needs replaced at LB.
Stewart is a lazy unfit sod, but on the basis GMS is a weasel, then he gets in.

Stop faffing around with 3 at the back

GMS is a bit of a lightweight and Stewart is really slow but do you not think half the problem is they are not getting a decent run in the team?

I don't think either of them playing one week and being dropped the next game is doing them or us any good,Hayes was in and out of the team at the beginning of his time with us and he looked pysh as well.

eastnuekdon
22-09-2017, 05:28 PM
I'd have to agree with this. Arnie looked comfortable when he came on. Hopefully that can continue given the chance. I'd like to know what those saying Harvie is our best LB are basing that on?

I'm basing it on the hope that he is actually any sort of left back. And it's his natural position. Instantly makes him better option than considine who could have been replaced with a traffic cone last night.

donsdaft
22-09-2017, 06:36 PM
He wasn't being asked to play left back though was he?

It was the same against Kilmarnock.

He was being asked to play in some weird formation which meant he was far to far up the park.

I admit that I give Consi a fair bit more leeway than most, given that he was donsdaft jnr's best pal at school.

He's had a great career with the Dons, perhaps better than he would have had if all things were as we would have liked it to be.

He's a decent enough left back though.

The problem is that managers think they have world class players capable of following complicated instructions.

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 07:22 PM
GMS is a bit of a lightweight and Stewart is really slow but do you not think half the problem is they are not getting a decent run in the team?

I don't think either of them playing one week and being dropped the next game is doing them or us any good,Hayes was in and out of the team at the beginning of his time with us and he looked pysh as well.

Rico.

Nope, I genuinely think neither are good enough.
Both have made their money & are on the way down

rico94
22-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Rico.

Nope, I genuinely think neither are good enough.
Both have made their money & are on the way down

Red star torphins

Like them or not we are stuck with them until January at least I would rather play one of them out wide instead of Christie who is clearly not a winger/wide player.

rico94
22-09-2017, 07:39 PM
He wasn't being asked to play left back though was he?

It was the same against Kilmarnock.

He was being asked to play in some weird formation which meant he was far to far up the park.

I admit that I give Consi a fair bit more leeway than most, given that he was donsdaft jnr's best pal at school.

He's had a great career with the Dons, perhaps better than he would have had if all things were as we would have liked it to be.

He's a decent enough left back though.

The problem is that managers think they have world class players capable of following complicated instructions.

He hasn't had a great career with the Dons he has been part of some of our worst results in recent times.

I'm surprised you like him after he dressed up in drag for his stagger considering you keep calling McLean "a poof"

nice1simmy
22-09-2017, 08:31 PM

I cant really comment on stewart because i havent seen much of him even in his dundee days but ive seen alot of GMS playing mainly on tv when with TSMSTID and with the victims and he never impressed me anytime i seen him play and i said when we signed him he was lightweight and a fairy but hope he proved me wrong,unfortunately he's proved me right,doesnt matter how many games he plays,he's ****e imo

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Red star torphins

Like them or not we are stuck with them until January at least I would rather play one of them out wide instead of Christie who is clearly not a winger/wide player.

Oh I don't disagree.
Christie HAS to play at "10"
That leaves two out wide from Stewart, Wright & Mackay-Steven.
Good luck getting 2 out of those 3 to be
1) consistent
2) creative
3) if playing poorly, to work hard.

We're at least one winger short.

rico94
22-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Oh I don't disagree.
Christie HAS to play at "10"
That leaves two out wide from Stewart, Wright & Mackay-Steven.
Good luck getting 2 out of those 3 to be
1) consistent
2) creative
3) if playing poorly, to work hard.

We're at least one winger short.

I don't think it's as bad as you think,according to a lot of people on here McGinn was never consistent or hard working and very rarely creative.

donsdaft
22-09-2017, 09:10 PM
He hasn't had a great career with the Dons he has been part of some of our worst results in recent times.

I'm surprised you like him after he dressed up in drag for his stagger considering you keep calling McLean "a poof"

I didn't say I liked him, I don't know him, he was a mate of my sons.

I dare say he's had a better playing career than you.

87kilos
22-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Best starting 11 is one minus Considine and Reynolds.

Shay, McLean and Shinnie have also underperformed this season based on previous seasons form. Need all of them back to form ASAP.

O'Connor and Arnason would by my Central pair.

Ball looks absolutely p1sh too.

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 09:21 PM
I don't think it's as bad as you think,according to a lot of people on here McGinn was never consistent or hard working and very rarely creative.

If Niall McGinn was here now, he'd be our best wide player.
By a mile.

KIWIRED
22-09-2017, 09:23 PM
DM, is to loyal to his players. Sometimes thats not a bad thing.
However, when you had out contract extentions to Defenders at the end of their usefullness you begin to wonder why. Why, does help the squad.

Personally, apart from Shay, I dont have faith in Reynolds, Considine, its not their commitment, its based on footballing ability or lack of it. Aimless punts up the park, inability to pass a ball two yards to a fellow Red etc.

Finally, the lack of determination and urgently is most worrying. You cannot complete on the field if no have controlled aggression what so ever

At the moment we are playing like whimps. Show some bottle on Sunday AFC or its going to be a long season adhead

rico94
22-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I didn't say I liked him, I don't know him, he was a mate of my sons.

I dare say he's had a better playing career than you.

No sh*t

I dare say McLean is a better player than you but that doesn't stop you from slagging him off.

rico94
22-09-2017, 09:41 PM
If Niall McGinn was here now, he'd be our best wide player.
By a mile.

There would still be folk moaning about how pysh he is like they did when he was here.

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 09:41 PM
No sh*t

I dare say McLean is a better player than you but that doesn't stop you from slagging him off.

Are u a "poof" too?!

Hang on... the 1970's are on the phone.... they want their patter back....

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 09:45 PM
There would still be folk moaning about how pysh he is like they did when he was here.

Probably...
But he'd still be our best wide player
Which blows the mythical perception we're stronger this season right out the water.
Nowhere near ir.
Defence - no better
Midfield - Tansey for Jack- at best equal - at a push
Wide - much worse off
Striker - a bit better off.

rico94
22-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Are u a "poof" too?!

Hang on... the 1970's are on the phone.... they want their patter back....

No Im not homophobic at all,I have no problem at all with Considine dressing as a woman for his stag do.

My problem with Considine is and always has been is he is pysh.

rico94
22-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Probably...
But he'd still be our best wide player
Which blows the mythical perception we're stronger this season right out the water.
Nowhere near ir.
Defence - no better
Midfield - Tansey for Jack- at best equal - at a push
Wide - much worse off
Striker - a bit better off.

You are a half glass empty chap sometimes,you were saying the same sh@t this time last season in regards to it being a long season.

We had a better starting 11 last season as is stands but last year we had Stockley,Storey,Pawlett and a bunch of young loons on the bench,we are 5 points better off than we were at this stage last season and that was no where near the worst season we have ever had.

Have a beer and chill it's the weekend:)

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 10:59 PM
You are a half glass empty chap sometimes,you were saying the same sh@t this time last season in regards to it being a long season.

We had a better starting 11 last season as is stands but last year we had Stockley,Storey,Pawlett and a bunch of young loons on the bench,we are 5 points better off than we were at this stage last season and that was no where near the worst season we have ever had.

Guilty as charged.
Glass half full sometimes.
.... however....
Based on what I've seen this season, we ARE worse than last season.

My counter to your points are;
- yes we DID have a better starting X1. Doesn't that back up my "we're not as good" argument?
- yes we are stronger on bench this season
- yes we might be better in terms of points this year, but we've had as easy a start as you could wish.

Key is McGinn & Hayes v Stewart & GMS.
No comparison

BorneoRed
22-09-2017, 11:03 PM
we are 5 points better off than we were at this stage last season and that was no where near the worst season we have ever had.

^^^^^^^ This.
A good performance on Sunday and the LC game will be a distant memory.

Mason89
22-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Kenny McLean is a Hun disaster

Reminds me a little of our managers playing career.

Mason89
22-09-2017, 11:22 PM
^^^^^^^ This.
A good performance on Sunday and the LC game will be a distant memory.

The game on Sunday isn't worth anything, thursday was the one that counted.

nice1simmy
22-09-2017, 11:24 PM
I cant really comment on stewart because i havent seen much of him even in his dundee days but ive seen alot of GMS playing mainly on tv when with TSMSTID and with the victims and he never impressed me anytime i seen him play and i said when we signed him he was lightweight and a fairy but hope he proved me wrong,unfortunately he's proved me right,doesnt matter how many games he plays,he's ****e imo

You never answered my question rico94 regarding GMS,do you honestly think he's a decent player that can add to our team based on his performances for us so far and his performances for his previous teams??

Wattie2Hotty
23-09-2017, 03:58 AM
I seem to recall our previous runs of bad form have coincided with a period of the squad being rotated every week. Thursday night will have given them a wake up call again and I've got a feeling the team that starts on Sunday will be the same team that starts in the weeks ahead barring injuries.

Aldo1983
23-09-2017, 04:12 AM

Finishing 2nd in the league doesn't bother me. It'll only annoy the Huns and really it's only a matter of time before we drop back down a place or two.

Winning cups is where we should be really worrying about.

Winning the Scottish cup this year and DM will be a success.

BorneoRed
23-09-2017, 05:17 AM

So why play 38 games?

Your 24k comments mean f*ck all but this ones takes the gold medal.

Pacman1903
23-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Winning cups is where we should be really worrying about.

I agree entirely with this.

If Derek wants to piss about with his team he can do it in the league. Not in the bloody cups. We should be aiming to win them and not to be best of the rest in an already won league. 2nd place means nothing to me. Footballs about silverware (or being the richest club if you are w@nkers like Manure or Real Madrid). Its not about coming second and getting papped out of Europe at the same time every year by Europes C listers.

I would happily take a league cup and finish fourth or fifth or a Scottish cup and be in the bottom six.

donsdaft
23-09-2017, 07:50 AM
Nah Pacman min.

It's nice to win cups, I'll give you that.
I've had enough of bottom six finishes though.

Am I allowed to say bottom?

It's not that easy to keep up and the thought police are on my case.

BorneoRed
23-09-2017, 07:54 AM
I agree entirely with this.

If Derek wants to piss about with his team he can do it in the league. Not in the bloody cups. We should be aiming to win them and not to be best of the rest in an already won league. 2nd place means nothing to me. Footballs about silverware (or being the richest club if you are w@nkers like Manure or Real Madrid). Its not about coming second and getting papped out of Europe at the same time every year by Europes C listers.

I would happily take a league cup and finish fourth or fifth or a Scottish cup and be in the bottom six.

And what does winning the league cup get you? Absolutely F all. Quite happy to be in the bottom six? WTF.

Great, AFC can start their season in the LC qualifying groups against Brora or the likes, and then wait until January to play in the SC.

Heard it all now.

Mason89
23-09-2017, 08:09 AM
So why play 38 games?

Your 24k comments mean f*ck all but this ones takes the gold medal.

I'll try again, hopefully this one won't set off a hissy fit.

I'm going on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, it's always a good day out in Motherwell & I really, really hope we rinse them. It's in a competition we can't win though. We're never going to win it & regardless if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 9th, I'm not going to tell the grandkids about it. The cups are as good as it's going to get for AFC. We've just needlessly f*cked up another one.

rico94
23-09-2017, 08:15 AM
You never answered my question rico94 regarding GMS,do you honestly think he's a decent player that can add to our team based on his performances for us so far and his performances for his previous teams??

So far he has been poor but he is here now and I would rather play him or Stewart on the wing than Christie who is clearly not a wide player.

Maybe if he gets a decent run in the team he can get back to the form he had at Dundee Utd,there was one stage when he was at Dundee Utd some folk were saying he was better than Hayes.

131 appearances and 27 goals is not bad and the reason Celtic bought him.

BorneoRed
23-09-2017, 09:35 AM
I'll try again, hopefully this one won't set off a hissy fit.

I'm going on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, it's always a good day out in Motherwell & I really, really hope we rinse them. It's in a competition we can't win though. We're never going to win it & regardless if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 9th, I'm not going to tell the grandkids about it. The cups are as good as it's going to get for AFC. We've just needlessly f*cked up another one.

Mason, the bottom line is, we want to win every game, whether or not its the cups or the league. Of course our best chance of silverware is the cups, but to say tomorrows game means nothing is silly.
No hissy fits here. Enjoy the game and give me a wave on RedTV. ;D

87kilos
23-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Need to stop chopping and changing week in week out. Arnason looks by far the best centre half so blooming well play him. O'Connor looks the best to partner him.

Considine is an absolute disaster of a left back, he needs dropped and left out. Total liability now.

Shay to be fair hasn't been much better, he's been poor as well so far this season so he also has to up his game.

Tomorrow will be another battle and I'm not confident of us getting 1 point.

RedStarTorphins
25-09-2017, 01:15 PM
With Tansey going in for an op, and having been at Fir Park on Sunday, Id say 4-1-4-1 is the way for us to go just now.

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
O'Connor
Christie McLean Shinnie Wright
May

Subs Rogers Ball Harvie Maynard Stewart GMS Rooney

O'Connor playing the role he did at Fir Park, like a front sweeper in front of KA & McKenna.
Can become a back 5 when under the cosh.
Not 100% ideal as I'm not a fan of Christie out wide but needs must & he's more likely to do something than Stewart or GMS.

Jussi
25-09-2017, 01:53 PM
It's hard to believe that any manager working with players full time, can take months & still not know who to play, or how to play them.

Many fans seem to be able have picked out a better formation week in week out.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the set up, when a defensive player , who shouldn't be in the team (imo), was our best striker.

stansmith
25-09-2017, 02:18 PM
It's hard to believe that any manager working with players full time, can take months & still not know who to play, or how to play them.

Many fans seem to be able have picked out a better formation week in week out.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the set up, when a defensive player , who shouldn't be in the team (imo), was our best striker.

I'm struggling to think of a player or formation or player in a position under McInnes who has proven the consensus of fans wrong, while he has persisted with them until it's all gone tits up.

Pacman1903
25-09-2017, 03:15 PM
And what does winning the league cup get you? Absolutely F all. .

A trophy in the trophy cabinet is what winning the league cup gets you. We are a team who wins f@ck all. How can winning any trophy be sniffed at. You would think we were world beaters the way some folk speak.

Getting pumped out Europe by who the f@ck Cypriots gets you f@cking nothing. Some folk get a wee jolly but the club gets f@ck all

Don_Corleone
26-09-2017, 12:08 PM
I'd be going with...

GK - Lewis
RB - Logan
CB - O'Connor (although happy for McKenna to get a run to show what he can do)
CB - Arnason
LB - Considine
CM - Shinnie
CM - McLean (Shinnie & McLean worked fine last year)
RM - Wright (give the guy a good run in the team - he's got pace and skill)
LM - Stewart or GMS (give one of them a proper run to get their fitness and confidence up)
AM - Christie (don't waste his great talent playing him out wide)
CF - May

Reynolds, Tansey, Rooney all have a part to play from time to time over and above those listed. I don't really see what the point in Ball was / is. Very average player who doesn't bring much to the table. Maynard is back up at best.

PittodriePile
26-09-2017, 01:36 PM
We're never going to win it & regardless if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 9th, I'm not going to tell the grandkids about it.

I'll proudly tell my grandkids all about how Sevco have never finished above us in the top flight.

Considine is an absolute disaster of a left back, he needs dropped and left out. Total liability now.

Sorry but this needs a shout out B)

Mason89
26-09-2017, 02:19 PM
I'll proudly tell my grandkids all about how Sevco have never finished above us in the top flight.

No wonder, they're shyte. You have to imagine that won't last forever though & you don't get any badges for it. I'd take 3rd bottom every season if it came with a cup

donsdaft
26-09-2017, 02:27 PM
The just avoided relegation again trophy?

Pacman1903
26-09-2017, 03:02 PM
)

Why?

87kilos
26-09-2017, 06:18 PM

Sorry but this needs a shout out B)

So a goal makes him a superstar?

Guy is a liability.

Stavrum
26-09-2017, 07:12 PM
I'd go with:

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
May Christie Wright
Rooney

Let May, Christie and Wright have a bit of freedom to rotate across the channels around Rooney as they are all very mobile

PittodriePile
27-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Why?

Because I really, REALLY enjoy outdoing that lot.

So a goal makes him a superstar?

Guy is a liability.

I don't love, nor do I hate him. He's not world class, neither is he terrible. Players have good and bad games, all I'm saying is you're quick to sh!te on him when he's crap and struggle to congratulate him when he is good i.e. when he pops up with the match winner.

DonVincenzo (The II)
30-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Shall we close the tread with the following?

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
O辰onner
Stewart McLean Christie
May
Rooney

Jupiter
30-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Shall we close the tread with the following?

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
O’Conner
Stewart McLean Christie
May
Rooney

No, get rid of Stewart and replace him with Wright.

Winston78Snelders
30-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Lewis

Logan, McKenna, Arnason, Shinnie
O'Connor
Wright, Tansey*, Christie

May
Rooney

* or Mclean

Big/physical games then toughen up midfield with experience.. Stewart.

Although really our best XI is the one that won today and against Motherwell for now.