PDA

View Full Version : Throw in/shy

Aldo1983
22-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Minor point but one that annoys the tits off me.

Everytime we get a shy it's like we are about to lob a grenade or bag of sick...everybody runs off.

You know exactly when we aren't interested when we lose possession every single time at a shy. Either it goes back out for a shy or someone ****s it up the park and we lose possession.

We really need more people that aren't feert.

RedStarTorphins
22-09-2017, 06:12 AM

Everytime we get a shy it's like we are about to lob a grenade or bag of sick...everybody runs off.

You know exactly when we aren't interested when we lose possession every single time at a shy. Either it goes back out for a shy or someone ****s it up the park and we lose possession.

We really need more people that aren't feert.

It's just a microcosm of the disjointed, disorganised shambles we are.
Look at out tombola team selection
Look at the changing formation weekly
Look at the way we defend set pieces.
We're a shambles from back to front.

Mason89
22-09-2017, 06:39 AM
It's just another part of the game that gets completely ignored. At least the Seve long throw onto Diamonds head had a bit of thought put into it, despite it never working.

donsdaft
22-09-2017, 07:16 AM
The last time we were any good at throw ins was when Mark McGhee was there to receive the ball.

Pacman1903
22-09-2017, 07:17 AM
It's just another part of the game that gets completely ignored. At least the Seve long throw onto Diamonds head had a bit of thought put into it, despite it never working.

Get me signed up. I can hit the pen spot fae the half way line. Heaps of assists over my career. Ill sort this sh@te oot

BorneoRed
22-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Get me signed up. I can hit the pen spot fae the half way line. Heaps of assists over my career. Ill sort this sh@te oot

What happened to the man standing down the line turns inside and takes the defender with him and guy that was inside gets it down the line to his feet.
Worked when I played, and that was drummed into us from our coach (ex Dons).

But nah, just a lob of the ball from Shay or Consi and most of the time the defender wins it.

blowupsheep
28-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Every time we get a shy .

another minor point but can anyone advise just why the fk a throw-in was ever named a shy? I just don't get it, or is there something a numptee like me is missing? B)

Pacman1903
28-09-2017, 09:09 AM
another minor point but can anyone advise just why the fk a throw-in was ever named a shy? I just don't get it, or is there something a numptee like me is missing? B)

Shy is an old fashioned word for throw. Coconut shy being an example.

I used to have a fitba manager as a kick who called goal kicks, "by-kicks". Boiled my piss that did

man-erg
28-09-2017, 09:23 AM
What is it with goalies "fisting" the ball. Why dont they just punch it?!

blowupsheep
28-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Shy is an old fashioned word for throw. Coconut shy being an example.

I used to have a fitba manager as a kick who called goal kicks, "by-kicks". Boiled my piss that did

Cheers Pac i'm now the wrang side of half a century in years pal and seriously had no idea how the word "shy" ever found itself as a replacement for a throw-in....... as for "by-kicks" words fail ma

Stand Free!!!

blowupsheep
28-09-2017, 09:41 AM
What is it with goalies "fisting" the ball. Why dont they just punch it?!

I mind i eence stumbled across a website by complete accident ;D that had a fair bit of time dedicated to "fisting" in it. Nae sure if there was many goalies in it though ...... :O :O :O

57vintage
28-09-2017, 09:52 AM
When Arnason was with us before, our main threat came from his ability to fling the ball into the box.

Now that he's back in the 14 shirt....

man-erg
28-09-2017, 12:04 PM
I mind i eence stumbled across a website by complete accident ;D that had a fair bit of time dedicated to "fisting" in it. Nae sure if there was many goalies in it though ...... :O :O :O

Got no idea what you are talking about... Might have been boxing? Never been much of fan myself. The thought of watching 2 guys fisting each other until one of them passes out does nothing for me.

Aldo1983
28-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Got no idea what you are talking about... Might have been boxing? Never been much of fan myself. The thought of watching 2 guys fisting each other until one of them passes out does nothing for me.

Fist of the North Starfish.

blowupsheep
29-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Fist of the North Starfish.

Is that the chocolate starfish :O